Problem with different versions of Access

Hello,

I am working on a VBA Access pplication which connects to a SQL Server
database.
I have a continuous form displayed with data, ad it is linked to a
database table, so when I  enter a value from my form the data in
instantaneously updated in the database.

The problem I have is that this form works perfectly when I am
developping, and using my developpement environement (with Access
allowing me to set breakpoints, go step by step in the code and so on),
but it does not work when I use it in the PC of the ending user : in
this case, when I enter a value in the form, and click in another part
of the form, it crashes immediately. Note that my ending user has a
version of Access which does not allow entering or modifying the code,
but just executing my application as a MDE project.

So I made several tests, and the conclusion is that with a version of
Access which allows access to the VBA code (developpement version), the
form works (in MDB or MDE versions of the app), but not with the
version that does not give access to the code.

Is there something I should do when creating the MDE file to be sure
that it includes averything it needs to run correctly in all versions
of Access ?

Thank you for any idea on this point.

--
C'est dr�le, on parle souvent du P�le Nord, plus rarement du P�le Sud,
et jamais du P�le Ouest ni du P�le Est. Pourquoi cette injustice ?

0
ByB

It could well be a problem with the References collection: that one (or
more) of the referenced libraries is different on your machine (different
version, different location) than on the client machine (or missing
completely from the client machine).

See whether the information in
http://www.accessmvp.com/DJSteele/AccessReferenceErrors.html helps.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"ByB" <email@email.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am working on a VBA Access pplication which connects to a SQL Server
> database.
> I have a continuous form displayed with data, ad it is linked to a
> database table, so when I  enter a value from my form the data in
> instantaneously updated in the database.
>
> The problem I have is that this form works perfectly when I am
> developping, and using my developpement environement (with Access allowing
> me to set breakpoints, go step by step in the code and so on), but it does
> not work when I use it in the PC of the ending user : in this case, when I
> enter a value in the form, and click in another part of the form, it
> crashes immediately. Note that my ending user has a version of Access
> which does not allow entering or modifying the code, but just executing my
> application as a MDE project.
>
> So I made several tests, and the conclusion is that with a version of
> Access which allows access to the VBA code (developpement version), the
> form works (in MDB or MDE versions of the app), but not with the version
> that does not give access to the code.
>
> Is there something I should do when creating the MDE file to be sure that
> it includes averything it needs to run correctly in all versions of Access
> ?
>

> Thank you for any idea on this point.
>
> --
> C'est dr�le, on parle souvent du P�le Nord, plus rarement du P�le Sud, et
> jamais du P�le Ouest ni du P�le Est. Pourquoi cette injustice ? ...ou cet
> oubli ?
> [Alphonse Allais]

0
Douglas
10/13/2007 10:51:07 AM
Please don't multi-post! It wastes the time of the people trying to help you
and it actually *decreases* the chance of getting a coherent answer to your
problem!

Answers/posts based on Access 2000

Linq

Problems with creating a newsletter