Printing Reports: Force A4 Format 07-19-07

hello!

i am having trouble forcing a report to be in the A4 format when
sending to the printer. it happens all the time that the report get
send with the format 'letter' which causes the printer to stop and
request for paper in letter format. the report i generate totally fits
in the A4 format but it won't work the way i want it to! this is
pretty annoying because i always have to manually push a button on the
printer so that the report can be printed. is there a way through any
preferences or vba code to make this work ?

maybe someone can help me or give me a hint. thanks in advance!

best regards christoph

0
LaggerChr

LaggerChr <lagger.chr@gmail.com> wrote in

> hello!
>
> i am having trouble forcing a report to be in the A4 format
> when sending to the printer. it happens all the time that the
> report get send with the format 'letter' which causes the
> printer to stop and request for paper in letter format. the
> report i generate totally fits in the A4 format but it won't
> work the way i want it to! this is pretty annoying because i
> always have to manually push a button on the printer so that
> the report can be printed. is there a way through any
> preferences or vba code to make this work ?
>
> maybe someone can help me or give me a hint. thanks in
> advance!
>
> best regards christoph

Open the report in design view. From the menu, select
File->Page Setup...->page->Paper Size:-> Select A4. Save the
report.

Bob Quintal

PA is y I've altered my email address.

Bob

print the sheet tabs
I want to have a way to print the sheet tabs only... If one has a number of sheets .. and each sheet tab a "label".. and you want to print them only or get a summary page that list the sheet tabs... like a content page ... stating the sheets contained.. Is there a way to do this? Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm >-----Original Message----- >I want to have a way to print the sheet tabs only... >If one has a number of sheets .. and each sheet tab >a "label".. and you want to print them only or get a >summary page that list th...

How do I do print based on a CPrintInfo structure that's being passed in?
What's the best way to do? Since I cannot use the default way of printing due to MFC code having lots of calls under CWinApp while my app is not initialized. So what I wanted to do is to print based on the data from CPrintInfo. I would appreciate any suggestions. I'm not sure what the problem is. How could you invoke a print operation while your app is "not initialized"? Please explain the problem a bit better. joe On 19 Aug 2005 10:50:34 -0700, guxu@hotmail.com wrote: >What's the best way to do? >Since I cannot use the default way of printing due to MFC c...

Z Report Customer Count vs Hourly Sales
My Z report shows customer count of 380 and hourly sales total of 384. Why the difference? This happens all the time. Thanks Your glass is: Half-Empty : Do folks at register forget to ask "Is there anything else I can help you with?" Half-Full: Your impulse items at POS are working -- better late than never! sammy wrote: > My Z report shows customer count of 380 and hourly sales total of > 384. Why the difference? This happens all the time. > Thanks -- ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Locally-Owned B...

How do I print multiple records to one publication page?
I want to merge records from a data source in access to publisher. I want 4 different records per page in postcard format. Each time I use the catalog merge feature it prints 1 record 4 times on the page. How can I fix this? You need to have one card on your screen for the merge to work. (Print preview will show the same entry on all four cards, its a bug). -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jagodie" <Jagodie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF2C96BA-6A33-4AF0-9703-A692713A5EA5@micro...

Printing one pg item (visio), only prints 2nd 1/2 of page. Help?
I have a one page flowchart in Visio 2003. It fits an 8 1/2 x 11 page on print preview screen. When printed, only get 2nd half of the flowchart on the page, as though it only started printing from that point. All settings seem normal, am able to print normally in Word. Opened other visio flowcharts that had printed normally 30 minutes ago, and now only getting 2nd half of page. There were some printing issus with Visio 2003. Have applied the latest patch to Visio 2003 and are you using the latest printer drivers? John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3...

Yes/No Format Issue
Hi Groupies I have been building databases for years and have not run into this problem before. This 2007 database I am working in has a few yes/no fields. When I add these fields to a Form, they are show up as textboxes instead of the yes/no check box I am expecting. They respond correctly in queries, autoreports and autoforms but when I add it manually, I get Yes or No and have to manually change it to a Check Box Any ideas? Anybody else having the same issue? -- Thanks for taking the time! CJ --------------------------------------------------------- Know thyself,...

Mid Month Report
I am trying to produce my financial statements mid-month to allow myself to have a head start on how my company is performing up to that point in the month. As we are a little behind on our books sometimes, I usually want to review data up to the 15th of the month, but I wont have a chance to review the data until approx the 20th. Is there a way to specify the exact date you want to review data for in FRx? Or at least a way for me to review the data desired as per the situation described? Thanks Adam In the column layout you can enter date ranges on your financial co...

Formatting Charts from Pivot Table...
I've created a pivot table/with chart. The default chart was a bar chart, which I've changed to a pie chart. The problem is I don't like the default colors so I've changed them to the way I like them; however, once I save the document they go back to the default colors. Is there any way to keep the revised colors, rather than the default colors? Thanks, KSL. ...

Need inserted lines to print in correct position on Excel graphs
The aim lines and trend lines that I inserted into the Excel graph appear in the correct position on my monitor screen, but when I print the graph they appear higher than when seen on the screen. How can I get the printed lines to appear in the correct position? Hi, Did you use shapes to draw the lines? You could try changing the Move and cell property. But the best solution would be to create the lines using dummy series. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Lavonne" <Lavonne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4CD...

Display cell attributes/format
Is there any way of examining the cell attributes/formatting on a worksheet other than individually with Format | Cell? I would assume so but can't find it. Thanks Brian Tozer Not in versions after and including xl97. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Brian Tozer <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:bs3261$duo$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > Is there any way of examining the cell attributes/formatting on a worksheet > other than individually with Format | Cell? > I would assume so but can't find it. > > Thanks > Brian Tozer > > ...

Time Format to Text Output
Hi I run Excel 2K I have a series of times that I download from the mainframe. (these are in a date format) EXAMPLE 23/09/2009 6:07:00 AM 22/09/2009 9:22:00 PM 22/09/2009 7:40:00 PM etc etc I am in need of a formula that looks at these times, and based on their values, displays a particular piece of text. (in this case "DAY", "AFT", "NIGHT") Example Any time between the following: 7:20:00 AM to 3:19:00 PM should display the word DAY Any time between the following: 3:20:00 PM to 11:19:00PM should display the word AFT Any time between the following: 1...

Print Preview only shows in Grey Scale
Hi There, I just got finished creating my letter head in MS Publisher 2003 and when I went to preview it using Print Preview it only shows in Grey Scale. How do I view it in color? Thanks! Does it print in color? Do your other publications show color in print preview? What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6dd401c42f4f$73c41a50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi There, > > I just got finished creating my letter hea...

Printing only non-blank rows
Hi all, 1) Is there a command I can use or a macro code so that I only print non-blank rows? 2) Similar problem: is there a command or macro so that I only print rows that do not contain error values? Thanks for any ideas Matthew --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ An alternative to VBA is to apply an Advanced Filter and filter for those rows that only contain data. Try this: 1. An empty cell below your data (say E100), put: =COUNTA(2:2)>0 where row 2 is the 1st row of data and row 1 = headers. 2. Select your data and go to Data > Filter > Advanced F...

Number formatting
My cell format is "general" with no decimal places and comma separator ticked... if I enter a number e.g. 54389, the last two digits are dropped and the number rounds up. If I type the comma e.g. 54,389 it displays correctly. On Friday I didn't have to type in the comma, now I do. Can anyone explain what I need to do to get it to go back to the original format? Hi Yhtak: Try: Tools | Options | Edit | Untick the 'Fixed Decimal' option. --- Regards, Norman "yhtak" <yhtak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C634664C-49CD-4BCF-BF5...

Page Orientation for multipage report
I am working on an application in where i have a 2-page report that requires the front page to be landscape and the back page to be portrait. Is there anyway to perform this task? I want to be able to print it two sided. I may be able to try a solution that will allow me to create the back page in landscape provided that When i print it it appears to be Portrait. The back page contains many label and one section with text boxes populated by remarks entries. If there is a way to rotate the dynamic portion of the report, I think I can rotate the labels and try that. Or is there a wa...

Comma in Number Format
Is there a way to make the Use 1000 Separator option in the Number Formate dialog box checked by default? Hi don't think you can do this. What you can do is setup a new template with the cells formated already in your desired format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Erin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:16a601c48c44$b5925f30$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to make the Use 1000 Separator option in > the Number Formate dialog box checked by default? Using Format/Style... add a new style, and choose the number format ...

Conditional formatting #124
I know how to do this for a cell, but can i make other cell change the format dependant on what the cell value is. eg. V8 is above 4 so A8:M8 will be highlight in red. Absolutely. Select the cells whose color you want to change(A8:M8 in your example). Click on Format>Conditional Formatting Enter the formula: =V8>4 Set the format options you want (background color, font, etc) Click Okay. -- neopolitan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ neopolitan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=611 Vie...

excel printing #8
how can I print pictures in excel sheet properly as it is getting printed thrice whereas it shows once in the print preview. I've never seen xl do this--but I don't print too many pictures using xl. But after verifying that the pictures are indeed correct (there aren't triplicates), I'd look at the printer driver. Do you have another printer you can try? If it works on that other printer, I'd visit the printer's web site and look for a new (or fresher) copy of the driver. (But this is just something to try!) yong wrote: > > how can I print > pictures in...

A line showes up in print that is not on the screen in publisher.
I can't find it to remove it on screen, seems like a text box line. How do I deleate it? What version Publisher are you using? The line could be behind something else on your page. You could be experiencing printer driver problems. Look into an upgraded driver. Select all on your page, do you see the line segment? If you cannot see the line to delete it, open another instance of Publisher and copy/paste each of your objects into the new publication. Some corruption may be going on. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.micros...

can`t print single checks
when I try to print a single check, the blue print icon will not come up and can not print any new checks , but if I try to reprint a previous check I have no trouble I'm not sure exactly what issue you are describing, but read http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=91. "sp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23dad01c45efb$e3b10d10$a301280a@phx.gbl... > when I try to print a single check, the blue print icon > will not come up and can not print any new checks , but if > I try to reprint a previous check I have no trouble ...

Export Format not avaiable
"The Format in which you are attempting to output the currentobject is not available." I hate access sometimes. It just get's weird, throwing bogus error messages all over the place. I have about 30 seperate queries that I run out to spreadsheets via macro. I have already found out that things can get all screwed up, (meaning it bombs) when those spreadsheets already exist, so the first thing I do is delete the existing spreadsheets, then let them rip. I run into this every once in a while: 20 or so queries into my macro, a query will fail with the above er...

Stupid formatting tricks
I have an Excel 97 spreadsheet that has a column of sizes. If I enter a size range like 38 - 32, I have no problem. But when I enter 4 - 8, Excel insists on interpreting that as 8-Apr. If I look at the format setting for the cell, I find it has changed to Date format. If I change the format back to General, I get the serial code for April 8th. Anyone know how to override this? Thanks in advance. Best, Jim format as text or enter with ' in front to make it text -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "James Houston" <houstjd@yahoo.com> wrote in messa...

Default Print Quality setting in Excel
Hi, Is there a way to force the default Print Quality (under page setup) to a specific resolution for all workbooks opened? The problem we have is that when we open a workbook and set the printer to the AdobePDF printer, it forces the resolution to 4000 dpi, which messes up all of our margins & forces all of our models onto multiple pages. By setting that resolution back down to 600 (the most we would ever want), the pages all snap back into place. We have thousands of models that have this problem (we just upgraded to Office2003 and Adobe 6.0) and the users are very upset th...

Is anyone on here with DVS Reporter???
Hi, I work at this german firm now and they use the DVS Reporter as a add-in in Excel. I have never used this before in the US. Do you kno whether there is some kind of support forum for it? Thanks, Mari -- marias ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mariasa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3172 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51680 ...

how do i format a multiple page brochure?
i am trying to print a multiple page brochure and want to know how to format the final document so the pages come out in the correct order. critic <critic@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > i am trying to print a multiple page brochure and want to know how to > format the final document so the pages come out in the correct order. You already posted this question once. It depends entirely on how you want the finished publication to look. And on your version of Publisher Your best bet is to use File > Page Setup > Booklet. -- Ed Bennett - MV...