PRINT INVISIBLE FORM

Hi All,
I have a form A that I sometimes print using the printout command, after
passing some parameters and making calculations.
I want to print the same form A from another form while making form A
invisible. How should I do this?
--
Glint

You should create a report from form a and print that instead of the form.
That way you don't have to hide anything. Reports are meant to be for
printing. Forms are meant for data-entry and showing data...
--
Maurice Ausum

"Glint" wrote:

> Hi All,
> I have a form A that I sometimes print using the printout command, after
> passing some parameters and making calculations.
> I want to print the same form A from another form while making form A
> invisible. How should I do this?
> --
> Glint
Thanks for your response, Maurice.
I decided not to create a report because of the complexity of the form, and
that the report would not be needed often. Moreover, the form allows me to
filter anyway I want. I just want wanted to avoid all the extra work needed
to create the report(s).
Is there a way I can print the form from another form?
--
Glint

"Glint" <Glint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for your response, Maurice.
> I decided not to create a report because of the complexity of the form,
> and
> that the report would not be needed often. Moreover, the form allows me to
> filter anyway I want. I just want wanted to avoid all the extra work
> needed
> to create the report(s).
> Is there a way I can print the form from another form?
> --
> Glint

FYI you can simply save the form as a report. Select the form in the
database window and choose File -> Save As, then select 'as report' from the
dialog's combo.

0
Stuart
3/13/2008 11:23:20 PM
Stuart, you are wonderful!
I would not have thought of that in a million years. Thanks for your help.
--
Glint

"Stuart McCall" wrote:

> "Glint" <Glint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for your response, Maurice.
> > I decided not to create a report because of the complexity of the form,
> > and
> > that the report would not be needed often. Moreover, the form allows me to
> > filter anyway I want. I just want wanted to avoid all the extra work
> > needed
> > to create the report(s).
> > Is there a way I can print the form from another form?
> > --
> > Glint
>
> FYI you can simply save the form as a report. Select the form in the
> database window and choose File -> Save As, then select 'as report' from the
> dialog's combo.

2-Sided Printing: HP Photosmart D7300 Series. Right edge of image clipped off, won't allow manual feed #2
We are wasting tons of paper trying to print a "booklet" 2 sided. Printer: HP Photosmart D7300 Paper 8.5x11 Booklet 5.5 x 8.5 Printer set at landscape Ran 2-side configuration wizard. Did all paper feeds (numbers and circles) When attempting to print, right side is clipped off No prompts appear to turn paper over. When printer is set to BORDERLESS, the full right side of image appears, but left side of page is trimmed off. "fit image to paper" option vanishes. Is there a way to do this? Thank you. How many pages? Is the print preview correct? I only know how I...

faxing form
Is there a way to fax the form page via the fax modem on my computer? Create a report based on your form then fax the resulting report. Take a look at http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=231797 hopefully it is what you are looking for. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault If this post was helpful, please rate it by using the vote buttons. "He cries for help" wrote: > Is there a way to fax the form page via the fax modem on my computer? "He cries for help" <Hecriesforhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:252D07EA-5886-4B0C-99...

reference to master form
Hello there I have master form and inside there is subform. If an event procedure uccur on subform, how can i get refence to the master form in order to change there things when the name of the master form is diffrent always? Roy Look in Access HELP for the "Parent." property. Your code will look something like: Me.Parent.... from within the subform. -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ "Roy Goldhammer" <roy@ho...

Crazy printing ...
I'm using XP (SP2) and XP Office. This includes Publisher 2003. I'm using a Canon S200 printer. This was previously attached to another computer running Win98SE. There were no printing problems. I installed it to the XP system using the Canon CD. Now however it goes crazy when I use Publisher. I'm trying to print a booklet, two A5 pages on a single A4 sheet. Everything pans out in Print Preview. When I print however, all sorts of crazy things happen. It shrinks the text to nothing. It prints portrait instead of landscape. And more. Whatever I tell it to do, it ignores. As far a...

Clip Art won't print #2
My operating system is Windows Vista, I have an HP Photosmart 8450 printer and when using Publisher 2007, none of the clip art will print. Actually, no clip art will print in any of the Office 2007 programs, but Publisher is the one that I was using when I discovered this. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks. Are you using updated drivers? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Ms. CCC-SLP" <Ms. CCC-SLP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:577191CD...

How can I refresh the master form from a subform?
Hello. On the After Update of the subform I am trying to refresh the Master form. I have tried things like Docmd.requery and Me.Refresh, but not sure what I am doing. Can you help me with this? Thanks. Iram Iram wrote: >On the After Update of the subform I am trying to refresh the Master form. I >have tried things like Docmd.requery and Me.Refresh, but not sure what I am >doing. Try using: Parent.Requery -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] ...

Modal Form from a child form
Hi, I have a little problem, I have a MDI form (Main Menu), this form open a child form (A), and I need to open a form B as modal form from form A. I can to this with showDialog(), but it open form B outside MDI form (Main Menu) and it is showed on the windows bar as another application opened. So the question is, there are any way to open a modal form from a child form inside a MDI form? Thanks El Alquimista wrote: > Hi, I have a little problem, I have a MDI form (Main Menu), this form > open a child form (A), and I need to open a form B as modal form from > form A. I c...

Data source for PivotTable-Form in ACCESS 2000
Hi, this drives me crazy, 4 years ago I defined in an ACCESS 2000 application a "PivotTable-Form". The resulting EXCEL table inclusive the "Data refresh" works perfect. I now want to update/change the query for the "Data Source" but cannot find which query is behind the "PivotTable-Form" or behind the resulting EXCEL spreadsheet. When editing the properties for the "PivotTable-Form" or the EXCEL spreadsheet the "Data Source" is always blank. Question: Where does Access 2000 or EXCEL 2000 hide the respective data source (Query)...

Tying tables to forms
I have four connected tables that work well as table input but when I put them in a form some of the fields will not let me make entries. Does this happen because I am using the Id fields and subsequent data from the wrong tables? -- Taylor It sounds like you have created a non-updatable form. One cautionary note first: Don't tie your forms directly to the tables. Use queries instead. The queries will act as a stop light for which data is written and when. If more than one person tries to make a change to the same record at the same time, you will run into problems. From wha...

Stop Buttons showing when opening up form
I have a button on my Main Start up page that when click makes these buttons visible, but when I open up my DB they automatically show on start up, is it possible they not be visible till I click ckbHelp.......Thanks for any Help.....Bob Private Sub ckbHelp_Click() If ckbHelp = True Then cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = True cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = True End If If ckbHelp = False Then cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = False cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = False End If End Sub Bob, In design view, set the property pf the *button* Visible=No Regards/Jacob "Bob" <xxx@xx.xx> wrote i...

Using Excel to design business forms
I have been using excel hit and miss to design business forms. I have been pretty successful but in many places I have found myself doing many inelegant things to get stuff to layout. Is there a good place to start looking to see how this is done properly, as I have seen many well done forms produced in excel. ...

Cannot view any form in crm 3.0
We have just installed CRM 3.0 on MS server 2003. I have created an account which has a system administrator role assigned to it. The issue is that when I open CRM web (on the server) when I select account, contact, activities, calendar etc... I get the following error: An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator. Now if I open CRM web using an account which has restricted access mode ticked, I don't get any errors, everything opens fine. The problem is that with an restricted access code i can't do much. I have tried assigning different roles ...

Bug with controls location and scrollbars in a Windows Form
Hi, I've noticed a bug with WinForm and scrollbars, and I would like to know if there is a workaround ... Bug description : ------------------------ 1) create a win form, and add 3 buttons : * FirstButton : upper left corner of the winform * SecondButton : location = (0 ; 600) * ThirdButton : location = (100, 600) 2) Set : ThirdButton.Visible = false 3) Set the Form size to 100 x 100 ... and set : AutoScroll = true 4) Add the following event handler to the Click event of FirstButton and SecondButton ... private vo...

List all row source for all forms, reports etc.
Hi I'm doing some work cleaning out old unused forms, reports and queries. I have been going through each report in a database (There are A LOT), determining its row source query, then marking it for deletion. I will eventually end up going through and deleting all the unused queries. As you can imagine this is time consuming, and I was thinkg 'there must be a FASTER way" Does anyone have a suggestion, or link to a pre-built function or model that could assist me? Regards Darragh On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:14:18 -0800 (PST), Darragh <darragh.murray@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi...

printing #2
i am trying to print a flyer that has a picture i created myself. what i did was make a square, put 4 separate lines on top of it, then put the same square (except made it somewhat transparent by way of the fill options) and put it on top of it to so it would be transparent enough to be able to see a hint of the lines underneath...however, when I print it, it does not print what i see...it prints a the full solid background as if it were not transparent. how can i print it with the transparent effect i want? >-----Original Message----- >Stephanie what version of Publisher are y...

Unable to Print Timesheets in BP
We recently installed BP, PDK and Great Plains. We are experiencing significant difficulty in printing the beautiful looking timesheet that displays when hitting the "Print" button in Business Portal. The timesheet data basically bleeds off of the right hand side of the page even on legal. Has anyone experienced the same issue? We are required to submit timesheets to our customers withour invoices. I wish these were formated with the weeks in two one week rows rather than one two week period all the way accross. And that it fit on letter sized paper! What we currently ...

Minimizing form
Hi How can I minimize the current form? Thanks Regards DoCmd.Minimize in a command button code or other event. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:uBcRcE73HHA.3600@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi > > > > How can I minimize the current form? > > > > Thanks > > > > Regards > > ...

Save data before printing
Hello all, An acquiantence is programming in Excel 2003 and has a sheet where theuser enters receipt data. When he is done, he clicks a boton to copythe data from the sheet to another in tabular form withinthe same workbook. What he needs to do is to implement a lock so that the user can't print out the receipt until after he has clicked the boton. His button click event code is the following: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Copy data to BD2 sheet Sheets("BD2").Unprotect With Sheets("BD2").Range("A1000&qu...

Sum of values in a form
Folks, I have read numerous threads on this topic, and understand that in order for my Sum() to work I need t ensure all references are made back to the Record Source. I have endeavoured to do this, but am still getting #Error. I am trying to Sum the revenue each tenant provides in a given date range, to give a total revenue figure. If the date range is a whole month, then the expression just takes the value of Rent PCM, and not Rent PCM * No. of Days, which would give some unusual results. My Expression looks like this: =Sum(Nz(IIf([Short Let]=-1,[Rent pcm],IIf(Day([Forms]...

Execl print to fit paper
how do you set a group of cells to print to fit (maximize to one page size, normally 8 1/2 x 11) on one (and only one) page? Select the cells to be printed, then: <File> <PrintArea> <SetPrintArea> Then: <File> <PageSetUp> <Page> tab, Then click on: "Fit To" 1 page wide by 1 page tall, Then <OK>. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "...

Conditions on form calculated textbox
Hello, In a form called Schedule (based on the table Schedule) I have the following textboxes that are bound to the table Schedule: Time In, Time Out, Time Off, Anomaly and Overtime I also have an unbound textbox called HRS that gives me the result of the following equation: =[Time Out] - [Time In] - [Time Off] - [Anomaly] + [Overtime] The above result gives me the daily hours that someone worked. The formating is decimal, as an example. 16.5 (4:30) - 7.5 (7:30) - 1.0 - 1.0+ 3.0 = 10.0 I also added another figure for lunch the hour [16.5 (4:30) - 7.5 (7:30) - 1.0 - 1.0...

Editing Password protected form fields in Word 2007
We have created a Word document with a legacy text form field. We inserted a word date field and protected the document allowing Filling in Forms. After protecting the document when we try going to the form field and clicking on back space to delete the entry we get "This is not a valid selection" message box. We have existing word documents in 2003 with similar form fields. We were able to delete the entries and add new data. After converting the documents to 2007 or create new documents in 2007 and try to delete the entries we get the above error. Hi Veera, ...

Form Opening with Blank Column(s)
I have created a couple applications that are working well on our remote access server, Access 2003. However, when I have people put the application on there standard desktop on the network, one or more columns appear blank when the form is opened in Access 2003. Any ideas why the data retrieval or function would change between our server addition of Access vs client workstations? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com I have one user in my organization that is experiencing this problem also. The problem started the week of the 25th of February. The user could not give me a ...

Form pages
Is it possible to have a two page form and only print the first page or second page when needed.? Depending on your design, you should be able to use the File/Print dialog box selection to print 1 of 2, or 2 of 2 pages. But, forms are made for data entry, and viewing... not printing. Better that you develop a rptPageOne and a rptPageTwo and select either for printing from your form. -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life." &quo...

sending a form
Good day, I am trying to create an issue tracker where one can use a form to assign someone from a given list to a task and then notify them of the task by being able to send the person an email containing the form. So far, I have only been able to create a macro that sends the entire database (and the user has to manually enter the email address). Any ideas on how to automate all of this? You can only natively do this in Access 2007. For earlier versions try Easy Survey: http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/easy_survey/ -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org...