Previous Record

How do I access a field from the previous record in a form

To programmatically read the value from the previous record, regardless of
how the form is sorted or filtered, use the RecordsetClone of the form.

This kind of thing:

Function GetPreviousValue(frm As Form, strField As String) As Variant
On Error GoTo Err_Handler
    'Purpose:   Return the value from the previous row of the form.
    Dim rs As DAO.Recordset

    Set rs = frm.RecordsetClone
    rs.Bookmark = frm.Bookmark
    rs.MovePrevious
    GetPreviousValue = rs(strField)

    Set rs = Nothing
Exit_Handler:
    Exit Function

Err_Handler:
    If Err.Number <> 3021& Then     'No current record
        Debug.Print Err.Number, Err.Description
    End If
    GetPreviousValue = Null
    Resume Exit_Handler
End Function

"DaveR" <DaveR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I access a field from the previous record in a form

0
Allen

clear records on subform when go to knew record on main form
I am using the unbound combo fields on the main form (date, joblist, personnel) to populate and schedule fields in a subform when I navigate to a new record (new day) on the main form. I would like the subform records to be cleared out for the new record but remain for the day that has already been scheduled. What code and where do I put it. thanks, barb It should be automatic (no code) if your main form and subform are set up properly. Definitions that will make my explanation easier... just sub in your own names: FormMain - Your main form TableMain - The table or recordset und...

Open my form at specific record
Hi I had asked before about how to make a value of a combo box depend on another, I received good information on what and how to do it, my question now is how do open a form from the second combo box at the chosen record. What I have now is a form "find contact" which has two combo boxes where I can choose a company and then a name from that company from my command button I can run the query which find thew chosen entry but I would like to open the "contacts" form at the specific entry. I have searched and have seen a few suggestion but its difficult finding the best soluti...

How do you print one record from a Report?
In Access 2007 how is it possible to print one single record or choose a couple of records from an Access 2007 Report? i know how to print one single record from an Access 2007 Form, but not Report. "hsmonsivais" wrote: > In Access 2007 how is it possible to print one single record or choose a > couple of records from an Access 2007 Report? > > i know how to print one single record from an Access 2007 Form, but not > Report. By the way I am recently learning how to use Access. I would appreciate if you are not to Technical. THANK YOU. ...

Your Input and link record to the date it is entered
I have 6 activities; I want to keep a record of the Quality, Duration, Consistency of each using a database and I am looking for input and help planning this out. The way I am looking at it is that each activity should have a separate table. Therefore I should have six tables? tblActivity1 tblActivity2 tblActivity3 tblActivity4 tblActivity5 tblActivity6 Each table will have 4 fields? Today’s date Quality Duration Consistency I want to link each record to the date that I entered the record. My two questions to you are, would you advise a different design for ...

Ctrl key to select records to print won't work
For some reason, I am unable to select non-adjacent records to print by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking the record selector boxes. I can choose adjacent records while holding down the Shift key and choosing selector boxes. Any ideas? I've never tried that with Access. I just did with Access 2007 and it won't select non-adjacent records as you stated. Seems that your options would be to sort the data so that the records are adjacent or better define the criteria in a query to only return the records that you wish to print. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Acces...

Save New Record that is not dirty
I have a form that opens with information already in filled into all of the text boxes. The information is either from another form or defaulted into the text boxes. Example: The "AcctNum" is from the "NewAcct" Form. The "ReqDate" is default "Date()". The "Status" Field is defaulted as "UnderReview". This information only needs to be reviewed and then the form closed. With this in mind all textboxes are locked. When the form is closed, I want a new record saved in the table that the form references which would be &...

Can 2 DB's share a common record ID?
I have 2 manufacturing databases that are duplicates of each other. Each has a table of records for mfg runs with an autonumber RunID. I would like to ensure that the same RunID is assigned only once between the 2 databases. For instance if database A has issued RunID #34065 then database B would not be able to issue that same number. The second line has only recently come into existence and there is substantial legacy programming for the earlier line. What strategy can I use? Many thanks in advance and Merry Christmas. -- Ted On Dec 21, 10:47 am, Ted Stilwell <TedStilw...@dis...

record update VBA form
Hi Guys - back again ! I have created a fully formatted VBA data entry form with relevant combo boxes; labels etc etc. I hav a command button to close the form I now need to place a command button that will update the database with the information entered in the form. My database is 10 columns in width, however data entry is only 4 fields so copying the information as a new record has to be to specific to relevant columns eg drop down gives a list of names so that record must copy the name to the "name" field in the database. I have read quite a lot of the ...

Macro Recorder-Relative relation
In the past I would use the macro recorder to record short macros in my work. I was given the opportunity to choose relative relations for the macro. For some reason the choice disappeared. How can I bring it back? I tried repairing the installation from the CD. But no help. Using Office XP in W98 SE. Thankyou Hi, Chas. Are you saying that when you go to record a macro, there's no "Relative Reference" button on the Stop Recording toolbar? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "ChasX" <ChasX@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Recording a macro
When I try and record a macro I get an error message saying "File not found". Yet if I look at the organizer--> modules it has created a new modules which you cannot delete. any ideas? -- Sharktracker HI, What version of Project? What Service Packs installed(See Help, About project for SP level)? Are you connected to Project Server? Does this happen in all files or just some or just this one? -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com "S...

Post current month sales before previous month sales are closed
We use GP8 and transaction posting. Can you post current month (May) sales before previous month (April) sales are closed? I was advised you must close previous month (April), otherwise the current month (May) sales will be included in previous month (April) sales. ...

How do I access a previous version of my Excel document?
I have made changes to my document, but need to be able to retrieve complex formula's back from a previous version. Is there any way i can get this done? Unlikely. Excel does not save previous versions. If you saved it somewhere else, or e-mailed a copy to someone, that might help. Otherwise, you are out of luck. Regards, Fred "Jo" <Jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5227ECC4-1F99-44A7-929E-8EAC5972BC06@microsoft.com... >I have made changes to my document, but need to be able to retrieve complex > formula's back from a previous...

Fields in a record are on the next line
I have a SS with six fields as follows: Record 1- A1, B1, C1, D1, A2, B2 I want to move A2 to E1 and B2 to F1 so Record 1 is on one line. The present structure now is first record: A1 B1 C1 D1 A2 B2 Line 3 Blank line and the next line (4) is the second record. A4 B4 C4 D4 A5 B5 Line 6 Blank line etc. There are 2600 records like this. How can I correct this problem, automated, if possible. Thanks, Dan It won't be too bad manually. Put this in E1: =IF(MOD(ROW(),3)=1,A2,NA()) Put this in F1: =IF(MOD(ROW(),3)=1,B2,NA()) And drag down your 2600 rows. You'll end up with errors on r...

Linking new records created by Workflow
Linking new records created by Workflow Hi I am new to workflows in CRM and need to ask what’s probably a stupid question. When using a workflow to create a record a new record I would like it to be linked to the record that triggered the workflow. For instance When a Workflow run on an “Entity A” Record creates a New Record on Entity B I would like the two to be linked so from the Entity A record I can see any Entity B records created. Thank you in advance for any help John; In order to establish that link, you will first need to create a relationship between entities A and B....

cancel update of record
I want to put a button on my form with code that will tell access to close the form and not update the current record. Assuming the user has entered information on the form and then reailzes he doewnt want that info in the database Thanks On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 13:50:58 -0600, "Chegu Tom" <noemail@yahoo.com> wrote: >I want to put a button on my form with code that will tell access to close >the form and not update the current record. > >Assuming the user has entered information on the form and then reailzes he >doewnt want that info in the database >...

copy record in a subform
Is it possible to copy a record in a subform? I want to have all field values except one (or maybe 2) be the same. Thanks. Karen See: Assign default values from the last record at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-24.html The article explains how to have a form automatically add the same data you had in the last record, as soon as you start entering a new one. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com...

CBM should let me change account code for AP & AR when recording.
On recording payments/ receipts using Cashbook Management batches, it is impossible to change the distribution accounts of the Creditor/ Vendor. Our clients have Five (5) divisions and it is company policy to keep Creditor/ Vendor details seperately for each of the divisions. We have Three (3) segments in our account format with the first segment representing Divisions. We want to be able to change divisions for the related payments to Creditors/ Vendors. We would like you to include this in the feature. Thank you. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Micro...

Industry Type Data map issue (max records allowed, possible bug?)
Hello, We are using a data map to import some new accounts, and are using the data map to import the industry type along with the rest of the information. We seem to be hitting an issue where the import seems to fail if we increase the total number of industry type mappings beyond a certain number (not sure of the number). But if we ignore the field, or start the map again and use a smaller number it works fine. Obviously we dont want to have to keep doing this when importing large amounts of data though. Has anyone come across this issue before? HI, There is a couple different way t...

Importing Exchange 2003 database from previous server
Hi everyone, I'm quite a newbie when it comes to Exchange server 2003 and thought it would be usefull to register on this website to ask for some advice so here goes. A few days ago my company had a working Exchange server 2003 with everyones mailboxes etc correct, but yesterday the server broke and the motherboard, cpu and psu had to be replaced. After replacing these items we tried to repair Windows server 2003 but without luck. So we installed a fresh copy of Windows server 2003 for small business including Exchange 2003. Now this is where the problem has started. We still have ...

Numbering grouped records in a select query
I want to add a field to a select query that will number a set of grouped records from two related tables. Table A has a list of locations with addresses etc, table B is related via a lookup field and allows the selection of city names. I want my query to not only sort the output alphabetically I also want it to number the sites which are located in that city from 1 to n (n being the total number of locations). So if city X has five locations city Y has 2 locations the query should include a field as follows: City Location # X 1 X 2 X 3 X ...

Count Records on a Subform while on the Main Form.
I have a Form and Subform, I want to have a textbox on the Main Form that counts the records in the subform. I don not want to count all records, just some, based on a criteria. Is this possible? I am trying with: =Count([EventEmployee subform].[Form]![EmployeeID]) But I get and error on the text box Thanks You could use a query as the source of the field on your main form. You could also use a field in the Footer of your subform and do the calculation there. You can then reference that field on your main form. Steve "cbayardo" wrote: > I have a Form and Subform, I want ...

MS Access 2003 Options | Edit Find Confirm Record Changes doesn't
The MS Access 2003 Options | Edit Find Confirm Record Changes doesn't work. It should work: so that if ever a record is modified, the user is prompted to confirm those changes. What is the best workaround for this so that record changes can be confirmed prior to being comitted ? Thank you, 1. Allow users to only see the records through a form. Do not allow them to get directly into tables or queries. 2. In the form use an even like On Dirty to create see if a record has been modified then bring up a message box to confirm the change. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light...

How to constrain input to previous entries
Hello every body, i am fresh in this forum so please help me out.I have a sales report with entries that starts with customer names, data about the specific deal and name of the sales rep. What i need to do, is constrain each repetative customer to his corresponding sales rep.So there must be something that I can do do the sales rep column in my report that will make the cell prohibit the entry of a different sales rep to a customer who was previously entered in the report in correspondance to a different sales rep ( you can tell some foul-play is happening in my company ;) ). thanx -- ...

Where to put error handler code for "No current record" error?
Hello, to brighten the essence of my current problem I woud like to describe the situation from scratch. I use Acess 2007. I have two tables 'tblOrders' and 'tblOrderDetails' linked as ODBC tables from MS SQL 2000 Server. Both tables have primary keys: 'tblOrders' has 'orderId' primary key and 'tblOrderDetails' has a pair 'orderId' and 'itemId' as primary key. On server there is also a foreign key constraint defined on key 'orderId' between both tables. In access I have a main form 'frmOrders' bounded to 'tblOr...