Postpone subform query in tabbed control

I have a form containing a tabbed control. One tab in the tab control
contains a subform loaded from a query. As I understand it, every time I page
from row to row on the main form, the query in the subform runs. I dont want
the query to run until the tab is accessed. If I happen to be on the tab, I
do want it to run. Hope this makes sensnse. Is this possible?

control charts #2
Might some direct me to some good examples of control charts and or directions for creating. I have been asked to get up to speed on them and this is somehting new for me. Thanks Jon Peltier has information on creating them in EXCEL, http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html I'd suggest you do some reading on control charts from other sites. There should be something here that could help you. http://www.isixsigma.com/st/control_charts/ "Todd F." wrote: > Might some direct me to some good examples of control charts and or > directions for creatin...

Checkbox event to control other checkbox selections
I have been working for a couple of hours now trying different ways to solve this problem and I'm out of ideas (or tired). :-/ Here's what I'm trying to do: On a form I have a section with six checkboxes that represent 6 different mailing lists an organization can subscribe to: MailList01, MailList02, etc. I have a seventh checkbox named MailListOmit for orgs that want to opt out of mailings. If MailListOmit is checked, when the user attempts to click any one of the MailList checkboxes, I want to return a dialog box that says, "This organization has chosen to not receive ma...

Renaming A Tab
Hi All Does anybody know if it is possible to rename tab as a cell refference. i.e. "Sheet1" becomes =A1 Does that mean anything??? Thanks Mark -- mark_richards ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mark_richards's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19247 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=479475 In VBA Activesheet.Name = Range("A1").Value -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "mark_richards" <mark_richard...

How can I refresh the master form from a subform?
Hello. On the After Update of the subform I am trying to refresh the Master form. I have tried things like Docmd.requery and Me.Refresh, but not sure what I am doing. Can you help me with this? Thanks. Iram Iram wrote: >On the After Update of the subform I am trying to refresh the Master form. I >have tried things like Docmd.requery and Me.Refresh, but not sure what I am >doing. Try using: Parent.Requery -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] ...

Query emails coming to a specific domain
Hello; We have about 5 domains on our exchange server that we receive email from. We are in the process of not renewing one of our domains but would like to check to see if email from that domain is still coming through. Is there any way to do that? I tried the Message Tracking Center with the *.domain.com but it didn't like that. It wanted a specific user. Thanks Check SMTP logs as well. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- <nospam@newsgroup.com> wrote in message news:...

ActiveX control
I have a ActiveX control that I got which prints barcodes, but I am unsure exactly how to use an ActiveX control from my MFC program. I inserted it onto my may main form, created a member variable, but for some reason I am unable to get to the Value property that it is supposed to have. I have never really used an activeX control before and I was wondering if someone could tell me how to include it in my program. Roger Nevermind, I figured out how to use the SetValue property. Roger "R.H." <rogerh40@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:%23y%238fFZWDHA.2272@TK2...

limit create window/control max count?
Hi all. I am testing a create control. But I want create many control (more 10000) in dialog. I test dynamic create CButton. It's created about 9800. I want work. 1. have a two dialog.(A, B) 2. A dialog has 40 controls(Button, Spin, static). 3. B dialog has contain A dialog. A dialog is more than 200. 4. create A dialog dynamic.(Using A->Create(IDD, this)) and attach B dialog. A dialog is modaless. 5. But not create about 190. dialog create function return 0. thank for read. Have a nice day. You need to redesign your system, IMO. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com...

Bug with controls location and scrollbars in a Windows Form
Hi, I've noticed a bug with WinForm and scrollbars, and I would like to know if there is a workaround ... Bug description : ------------------------ 1) create a win form, and add 3 buttons : * FirstButton : upper left corner of the winform * SecondButton : location = (0 ; 600) * ThirdButton : location = (100, 600) 2) Set : ThirdButton.Visible = false 3) Set the Form size to 100 x 100 ... and set : AutoScroll = true 4) Add the following event handler to the Click event of FirstButton and SecondButton ... private vo...

Custom Controls 10-16-04
Hi, I would like to create a custom control .ascx and I'd like to konow how can I put it on a standard CRM form (for example Accounts) Thanks in advance Zsolt There is not a supported way to do this on the standard forms themselves. The closest supported method wuld be to add a new Tab on the left of the page via teh ISV.Confi and have that display your control. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 01:19:06 -0700, Zsolt Z�mbik <zombikzs@titanium-consulting.net> wrote: Hi, I would ...

Calling a checkbox control with VB
Hi Is there a way I can reference a checkbox item that I can manipulate in VBA. For instance... I have a series of check boxes that I would like to change the properties of with a loop So my checkboxes are called: CheckBox1 CheckBox2 CheckBox3 etc and I want to be able to reference them like so: For i = 1 to 20 "CheckBox" & i.Value = true next i Any ideas? By the format of the name, I assume that they are control toolbox checkboxes. Dim oOLE As Object For Each oOLE In ActiveSheet.OLEObjects If TypeName(oOLE.Object) = "CheckBox" Then ...

Control toolbox objects
I have created a template that has combo boxes and radio buttons on most rows. When I try and delete the bottom row, the row deletes, but the combo and radio remain. I have tried cutting them and deleting them or moving them, but nothing helps. I have tried in Excel 2003 and 2002. Help. That is because they are not on the worksheet but 'above' it. Select them individually and delete them. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft....

query to make a list of products based on delivery history
I have a table which lists all deliveries made of our product. From this table, I'd like to make a list of all products. My problem is the products will have many duplicates as they can be ordered multiple times and I just want a list showing all the individual products that we offer. -- TIA Try something like: SELECT DISTINCT [our product] FROM [which list all deliveries made]; If you can't figure this out, come back with table and field names. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Def...

Update Query based on Current Recordset
I have a continuous form with filtered records. I want to run an update query on a field in a table based on the current filtered records on the form. What code would I use to accomplish this task? Any help appreciated in getting me started. NEWER USER, Without a wee bit more information, like what are you trying to update, field names, table names, do you want this attached to a button or an event, etc... The best I can do is... UPDATE SomeTable SET SomeTable.SomeField= WhateverValue WHERE (((SomeTable.SomeOtherFied)=WhateverValue)); Of course, the above would be an ...

Excel VBA Controls
Since appling Service Pack 3 for Office XP, exisitng spreadsheets and templates do not display Command Buttons or Check Box controls. The controls are there but are not visible. I didn't have that problem after SP3. As a shot in the dark, you might make sure that "hide all" is not selected for Objects under Tools, Options, View. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Iain Black" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16d9c01c44873$cd307380$a401280a@phx.gbl... | Since appling Service Pack 3 for Office XP, exisitng | spreadsheets and templates do not d...

IIF Query for Numeric Values in Text Field
I’m attempting to flag interest rate spread errors and omissions in a file from a sales database using IIF statements I adapted from another database (I’m a novice at this). The field I’m querying is text format and contains both alpha and numeric values. When I test for a null value the IIF works fine, but when I test for a numeric value I get an #ERROR. Spread Error1: IIf(([Tbl 1 Eligible Closed Deposit Opps Appended]!Spread Is Null),1,0) Spread Error2: IIf(([CCC Fall 2007 Eligible Products]![IB/NIB]="NIB" And [Tbl 1 Eligible Closed Deposit Opps Appended]!Spread<4),1,0...

Print multiple tabs on one page
How to print multiple tabs in excel onto one page in one print job? Tab1 and tab2 have different format and cannot be combined into one tab. Need to print the two worksheets one on top of each other is the same direction. Tried Report Manager but printed on two pieces of paper. Any suggestions? One way to accomplish something like this is to play around with "pictures". I'm on an XL97 machine now so, When you hold down <Shift> and hit <Edit>, you get a different dialog box .... one that contains "picture " options. So, select an entire sheet, or p...

In Word 2007, I want to enable tabbing between fields in my .docm
In Developer Mode, how can I set the properties of my fields to support tabbing from one field to another in my Word form? What kind of "fields" did you insert? If they're form fields from the Legacy Controls button, you have to turn off Design Mode and then protect the document for forms. Either click the Protect Document button and go through the Restrict Formatting pain/pane, or add the Lock command to your Quick Access Toolbar. If they're content controls (the other buttons in the Controls group), tabbing between controls other than a Rich Text control w...

Insert query with two left outer joins gives "Record is Deleted" m
Hi, I have built an insert query to combine data from 3 tables into one table based on a key value (RA_ID) on a form. Two of the from tables may or may not have data associated with the main from table. So I have coded the select from statement using left outer joins. When I run the query with a row in the first child table but not in the second it works fine but when I run the query with a key value that exists in the 2nd child table but not in the first I get a message saying "record is deleted". Anybody have any ideas what is causing this? Here is the query......... ...

Workflow Email
I have a workflow created (v3) that sends an email at a certain date. CRM sends the email from the entity owner. I would like the email to be from a more generic email address (ie generalsupport@xxx.com). Is there a way to do this? It could be a constant for every email in the worklfow. There seem to be no controls on the FROM aspect of the email. Thanks Heather ...

Can't Requery Combo Box on Subform
I wrote some code that executes on Not in List for a combo box. It opens a form (dialog mode) that allows me to enter new data into the table that provides data for the combo box. The last thing that happens is a requery on the combo box. This all works fine for combo boxes on a simple form. It doesn't work with a combo box on a sub form. When I try it, I get "Index or primary key can't contain a null value" after closing the dialog. The combo box doesn't contain the new data; however, if I manually go to the menu bar and do a Records-Refresh the data shows...

Postpone subform query in tabbed control
I have a form containing a tabbed control. One tab in the tab control contains a subform loaded from a query. As I understand it, every time I page from row to row on the main form, the query in the subform runs. I dont want the query to run until the tab is accessed. If I happen to be on the tab, I do want it to run. Hope this makes sensnse. Is this possible? ...

Html control embedded
Hi, I am developping with MFC on Windows Mobile platforms and I have some questions about embedding a HTML control inside a control. Here is the sample code I wrote : BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CHtmlWnd, CWnd) ON_WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGED() END_MESSAGE_MAP() int CHtmlWnd::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) { if (CWnd::OnCreate(lpCreateStruct) != 0) { return -1; } Init(); return 0; } void CHtmlWnd::PreSubclassWindow() { Init(); } void CHtmlWnd::Init() { if (m_bInited == true) return; if (m_HtmlViewInstance == 0) { m_HtmlViewInstance = ::LoadLibrary(L"htmlview.dll"...

RTF Control on report (Access 2003)
I am using Access 2003 and Leban's RTF controls. I am creating a report and need to display several paragraphs worth of text. In some cases, the paragraphs are stored in the database with RTF controls and in other cases the paragraphs are being created dynamically. In the paragraphs that are being displayed dynamically, I need to bold and/or underline various words, or even indent in some cases. This report will probably be over 3 pages long, so I am hoping page breaks will also be handled seamlessly. Can anyone offer any suggestions on how I can accomplish this using Leban's RTF ...

Using Option Buttons to Modify a Query
I have a form with a subform that uses a Query as its 'Source Object'. On the form there are 6 Option Buttons that I would like to use to modify the Query Criteria. Each button would have a unique value (A, C, E, H, P, or X), the Query Criteria would be modified to use from 0 (no Criteria => all records) through 6 buttons (all Criteria => all records). I also have 6 other buttons that I would like to use to sort the query but if somebody can tell me how to do the above I may be able to figure it out on my own. Thanx Geoff Here a couple of ways -- SELECT EMP.EM...

Making AVI for animation control
I'd like to have a bit of animation to indicate an ongoing operation and thought that I'd like to try using the animation control to show a spinning clock. However, I'm at a loss as to how to create the simple little repeating AVI file to feed to the animation control. Suggestions? -- -------------------------- Richard Lewis Haggard There are lots of programs to use. You could try this one: http://www.ulead.com/ga/features.htm Tom "Richard Lewis Haggard" <HaggardAtWorldDotStdDotCom> wrote in message news:uG$GT9SkEHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I&#...