Pivot Table Form - Display Null Values as "0" on Data Axis?

Hi Everyone,

I have a Pivot Table Form in Access 2003 and need the blank/null cells on
the
data axis to display "0".  This is easy to do in Excel but I have searched
through all of the options in Access and cannot find it.

What is the VBA code required to set this option?

Can anyone suggest a good reference book or website for coding Pivot Tables
with VBA?

Many thanks,

David

0
David

Hi David,

can't you use the calculated value NZ([myvalue],0) instead of the value
itself?
--
Kind regards
Noëlla

"David Saywell" wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have a Pivot Table Form in Access 2003 and need the blank/null cells on
> the
> data axis to display "0".  This is easy to do in Excel but I have searched
> through all of the options in Access and cannot find it.
>
> What is the VBA code required to set this option?
>
> Can anyone suggest a good reference book or website for coding Pivot Tables
> with VBA?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> David

Hi Noella,

Thanks for the reply.

>>"can't you use the calculated value NZ([myvalue],0) instead of the value
>>itself?"

I'm not sure... But I don't think so because there is no value to begin
with...

I don't know enough about VBA for Pivot Tables in Access and I'm not sure
how to apply the "Nz" function to the code used to manipulate Pivot Tables
and Pivot Fields etc.

There seems to be very limited documentation on the web and in book form
also, I may need to abandon using Pivot Tables in Access and push the data
to Excel.

Many thanks,

David

"No�lla Gabri�l" <NG@forum.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi David,
>
> can't you use the calculated value NZ([myvalue],0) instead of the value
> itself?
> --
> Kind regards
> No�lla
>

> "David Saywell" wrote:
>
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> I have a Pivot Table Form in Access 2003 and need the blank/null cells on
>> the
>> data axis to display "0".  This is easy to do in Excel but I have
>> searched
>> through all of the options in Access and cannot find it.
>>
>> What is the VBA code required to set this option?
>>
>> Can anyone suggest a good reference book or website for coding Pivot
>> Tables
>> with VBA?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>>
>> David

0
David

Copy entire row where CellValue=0

outlook express 6.0 in ms 98
I cant seem to delete any of my sent mail messages in Outlook express 6.0 i am operaitng in ms 98..up to 8400 messages now. Please help ! At the risk of being obvious, click on the first item in your sent items folder while holding down the shift key. Then scroll to the bottom and click the last item. That will select them all - or you can use any range you desire. Then just click the delete icon or press the delete button. Once done, you might want to empty the deleted items folder (assuming it doesn't tell you there isn't enough room there and they'll be permanently delete...

Displaying colour codes in Word 2007
I know this one isn't new, but that isn't a reason not to protest. There seems to be a conspiracy at M$ to drive the largest possible number of people MAD. When you select or inspect the colour of text or another item in Word 2007, the colour codes (rgb) are no longer diplayed in this version. Apparantly, this is because Word has been dumbed down for the benefit of people who've never seen a computer. If you want to choose a colour that matches another part of the document or an imported item, you need a large number of mouse clics. Even then it is far from obv...

Timesheet cube negative values Project Server 2007
Hi everyone, We are using Project Server 2007 SP2. When I generate a report from the Timesheet cube (in Excel or Data Analysis) to get the working billable and non-billable hours per period, per task, per resource I get negative values in the report. So far we found out the reason for the negative values is the correction by the timesheet manager. However the corrected hours in the timesheet are different than the hours generated in the report. Has anyone had any issues with this? As we are struggling with this for a couple of days now I will very much appreciate any help. ...

Null value to "0" / Currency format
I have a crosstab query in which my columns, based on [BidType], give totals based on the field LineTotalSellPrice. It returns the totals properly with the expression: LineTotalSellPrice: Sum(([Quantity]*([UnitPrice]+[QuoteCost]))*[Markup]) ...however in the instances where nothing exists, it returns Null, or blank. I'd like to convert this to a currency value of $0.00, so I changed my expression to: LineTotalSellPrice: Nz(Sum(([Quantity]*([UnitPrice]+[QuoteCost]))*[Markup]),0) ...and it returns the proper value, but not in a currency format (even though the field's format proper...

Using VC++ 6.0 under Vista
Hi All, I was wondering if anyone has any experience to share, successful or unsuccessful, using VC++ 6.0 under Vista. I know it isn't supported but we may have to do it anyway. Googling has yielded some references to issues installing it, but not much about using it to compile and/ or to debug. Wondering how feasible it is and if there are any gotchas. Thanks! Sherri ranin02 wrote: > Hi All, > > I was wondering if anyone has any experience to share, successful or > unsuccessful, using VC++ 6.0 under Vista. I know it isn't supported > but we may have to do it a...

3.0 Lastname change ???
I made a new user and then changed the way it show lastname name to name lastname. How can I get the first user to be in this format ? Jack Can I just change the full name for the user en the table for systemusers ??? There hasn't been created other things than this user in the system ? "Jack" <jackdSPAM@jackd.dk> skrev i en meddelelse news:OUjgKfOeGHA.3388@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I made a new user and then changed the way it show lastname name to name >lastname. > > How can I get the first user to be in this format ? > > Jack > You can...

CRM 3.0 installation issue with sql 2005
HI, any help would be great please. Single instance of SQL 2005 upgraded from SQL2000 sp3. When trying to install CRM 3.0, I get to the end of the installation check and receive: ""The minimum required version is SQL Server 2000 SP4 (8.0.2026)."" Now, I am runnig SQL 2005, all services are running, event viewer is clear of SQL or CRM errors. I am at a loss as to why the CRM installation does not see my SQL 2005 installation and indeed reporting that I need SQL 2000 SP4 at least!? Any ideas as to what may be causing this please?! Many thanks ...

GL account number segment inot displaying GP v10 report
We have upgrade from Great Plains Dynamic version 8 to 10. In the pre upgrade stage, a test server was set up, the reports are OK. However, after migrating to the live environment, we are encountering problems. Example, in running the Trial Balance the following discrepancies are showing up. Account No. in Report header is displays as 12345-678-900 however in the body or detail lines the account no. is displays as 12345-8- - Also, the total count on the Report Footer is incorrect. I have compared the format and formula for the field in version 8 and version 10 and both versions are iden...

SONY Viao with Vista X64 and Net.Framework 2.0
I have a SONY Viao Laptop running VISTA X64 with all the latest updates installed. I am trying to run a PCTV 880e tuner and when I try to run the software for the TV tuner it says I need to install Net.Framework 2.0 I try to install it and I get a message saying it is already part of the operating system. Does anyone have any idea as to what is going on and how to fix this. The PCTV 880e comes with both 32 bit and 64 bit dirvers for XP and Vista. Harold A Climer Dept. Of Physics Geology, and Astronomy U.T, Chattanooga Rm. 406A Engineering, Math & Computer Science Building 615 ...

8.0 support administrator's console
Will not run. Get a run-time error 8007007e. I am using XP SP2. A co-worker using XP runs, but when he "upgraded" to SP2, his stopped working also. HELP Kelly Are you using it because you have MSDE? If you have SQL Server, I'd install SQL tools. If you have MSDE, my understanding from the documentation is that it only works on the machine that has MSDE installed. Maybe if you (re)installed MSDE on your machine. "kdl@lion.com" wrote: > Will not run. Get a run-time error 8007007e. > > I am using XP SP2. A co-worker using XP runs, but when > he &qu...

Top margin is staying at 0.0, won't re-set
I can't re-set my top margin. It continues to default to 0.0 and will manually change for use, but comes back to 0. If you look in Print Preview (Ctrl+F2), then will the top margin be correct? If so, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Durena" <Durena@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9935B7E1-CFFC-4527-965C-3ABD5E915BC0@microsoft.com... > I can't re-set my top margin. It continues to default to 0.0 and will > manually change for use, but comes back to 0. ...

Make table query 12-09-09
Can you set the datatype within a make table query. I want to add a new field which I want it to be yes/no but it comes out as number 0 in the table schema. I like it to be yes/no. Are you saying that the field that's created is a Numeric field, or that it's a Yes/No field, but it displays a number, not the words Yes or No? You have very little control over Make Table queries. That's why the recommended approach is usually to create the table first, and then append to it. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) ...

CRM 3.0 Newsgroup
The CRM3.0 and CRM1.2 discussions should be separated. It's a real pain to sort through only those topics that are relevant. I asked Microsoft and they decided to keep on group for 1.2 and 3.0 Over time I expect most postings to be on 3.0 with onlya few on 1.2 so the problem should not be that great ========================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "PW" <PW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F27478C7-C22D-4477-8AE5-9BE4FBD1EB31@microsoft.com... > The CRM3.0 and CRM1.2 discussions should be separated...

I want my X axis to have 5-10 minute intervals
I have stats where I would like to have 5-10 minute intervals for my x axis. The Y axis has simple numbers. For example: Date/hour/minutes Y 7/14/05 23:45 45 7/14/05 23:50 50 7/15/05 01:00 40 It is only producing a chart with all the different incremental values spread in equal proportions - I want the numbers to appear closer to each other (the first two are only 5 minutes apart - the last two are 15 minutes apart) as they should - otherwise the chart is off and spread way out rather than looking a a correct time frame...

Upgrade OS from NT 4.0 to W2K
Here's the question that we need to upgrade the OS from NT 4.0 to W2K server, but we still stay at Exchange 5.5. I had searched from Microsoft Knowleage base, it seems there's (2) ways to finish that task, first install the BDC and Exchange 5.5 then upgrade it to W2K. Second using ADMT to migrate the users informatin to W2K and migrate exchange 5.5 data from old to new machine. But how to implement the migrate the Exchange 5.5 from old machine to the new machine without any break, I really dont have any ideal about that, could anybody help to present detailed steps. thanks. B....

Error CRM3.0 desktop client for MS Office Outlook .
I have installed CRM desktop client for outlook. Occure connect error http://www.nalbi.net/img/err1.jpg http://www.nalbi.net/img/err2.jpg why ? I think you are facing what many people have found to be a problem with the standard install. I have resolved this by the following. The problem doesn't lie with Outlook or CRM components, the piece at fault is IE. IE assumes that any address with a "." in it for example crm.mydomain.com is non intranet. With this assumption it doesn't matter if the site is within your trusted sites and/or if you have the setting in IE to ...

Adding Word Templates in CRM 3.0
Hello all, Our company recently upgraded to 3.0 from 1.2. In 1.2, there was button where I could add Word doc templates to use as contract templates. I am unable to locate this functionality in 3.0. Any directions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Hi Marcos, I guess you were using some third party addon in CRM 1.2 which is not updated for CRM 3. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan "Marcos" wrote: > Hel...

Dynamics 7.0 tables in SQL server 2000
I need to know what should be the content of each of the tables with names starting with "GL" in SQL Server 2000 when using 7.0. Is there a reference that I can go to in Customersource that tells me this information? Thanks. -- Dave Christman System Developer There is an online reference: Tools >> Resource Descriptions >> Tables. Also there is a SDK avaailable on the Great Plains CD's. "Dave Christman" wrote: > I need to know what should be the content of each of the tables with names > starting with "GL" in SQL Server 2000 when...

Q: Vc6.0 doesn't re-compile source automatically
With Vc6.0, if source or resource is modified, it doesn't re-compile the changed file. the output exe file is older version. Only after switching between debug and release, the modified result is showed in the exe file. I have tried several other project and reinstall vc, the problem above occurs only in this project. I guess this project setting is error. may anyone offer suggestion on this? Best Regards, lomas I would begin with recompiling all. It should clean all files from Debug/Release folders. It should work automatically the way you want it. --- Ajay "lomas" <...

Creating a word2000 document with access 2000 data
I have a database in access 2000 it is basically customer info. address and dates and timesof appointments. I need to place a button on the formpage that prints a letter using the customer details and the date & time entered in the database. Anyone have any clues as to the easiest way to do this.sort of done it using mailmerge but not what I want. Actually want a word document to pop up that the staff can just double check and press print. Any help would be appreciated even just a point in the right direction to a good source of information. to see if the following website's offer...

CRM 4.0 "An error has occurred"
Hi: I did an upgrade from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0. First I upgrade Sql2000 to Sql2005 SP2 and then upgrade CRM. I have issue when create new case and tried to assign responsible contact. The application show “An error has occurred”. This form did have a customization in java to filter the contacts to show only the contacts for the account. I removed this customization for the form, but still have the error. I look for any Service Pack or Hot Fix but no found any. Any idea will be appreciated, Regards, -- Jose Valentin Rodriguez MCP-GP MCBMSS-GP Hi Jose, the problem is that you used a (very...

IDE seems to mangle html 4.0 entities
Hi, I'm having a problem where any time I use html 4.0 entities in an .aspx page (i.e. ™, &lambda, ©, etc) somehow the entities are removed and replaced with their unicode equivalents embedded in the text directly. This is annoying as hell, because all the browsers we support can't use the unicode but can decode the html entity. What am i doing wrong? Thanks in advance. Xavier J wrote: > I'm having a problem where any time I use html 4.0 entities in an > .aspx page (i.e. T, &lambda, �, etc) somehow the entities are removed > and replaced...