Passing variable between tables

Is there a way where I can pass a variable between tables?

What I'm trying to do is create a login program. The field I want to used is
called [userlevel]. I then want to load the other table menu program based on
the userlevel of the login. I don't know if this can be done or not.

 I'm really not familiar with the Access Security section to try that. I
tried it one time and had to uninstall Office and then reinstall it so I
could get at my programs. I read an article on Access Security by Joan Wild
and it seems easy enough. I just need to be able to get to my programs after
setup.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Afrosheen

You don't pass a variable to a table per se. You use it to filter the records
in the table. Personally (and I've done this lots of times during my work for
government agencies) I use VBA code to make certain functionaliy Visible (or
not) based on the capability of the UserLevel lookup result in my MetaData
table.

"Afrosheen via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Is there a way where I can pass a variable between tables?
>
> What I'm trying to do is create a login program. The field I want to used is
> called [userlevel]. I then want to load the other table menu program based on
> the userlevel of the login. I don't know if this can be done or not.
>
>  I'm really not familiar with the Access Security section to try that. I
> tried it one time and had to uninstall Office and then reinstall it so I
> could get at my programs. I read an article on Access Security by Joan Wild
> and it seems easy enough. I just need to be able to get to my programs after
> setup.
>

> Thanks for your help in advance.

> .

Thanks again for your reply.
What this userid program does is after you enter all the correct information,
then that program will stop and start loading the actual table that the user
is going to work on.

Dennis wrote:
>You don't pass a variable to a table per se. You use it to filter the records
>in the table. Personally (and I've done this lots of times during my work for
>government agencies) I use VBA code to make certain functionaliy Visible (or
>not) based on the capability of the UserLevel lookup result in my MetaData
>table.
>
>> Is there a way where I can pass a variable between tables?
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
>>
>> Thanks for your help in advance.

Afrosheen
3/29/2010 8:47:58 PM
I understand. The methodology I spoke of is the same however. The value in
the variable will be used as a filter for the records. Unless you mean that
there is more than one table, and the variable value will determine which of
those multiple tables will be used during the session.

"Afrosheen via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Thanks again for your reply.
> What this userid program does is after you enter all the correct information,
> then that program will stop and start loading the actual table that the user
> is going to work on.
>
> Dennis wrote:
> >You don't pass a variable to a table per se. You use it to filter the records
> >in the table. Personally (and I've done this lots of times during my work for
> >government agencies) I use VBA code to make certain functionaliy Visible (or
> >not) based on the capability of the UserLevel lookup result in my MetaData
> >table.
> >
> >> Is there a way where I can pass a variable between tables?
> >>
> >[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
> >>
> >> Thanks for your help in advance.

> .

high quality Soccer jerseys NBA Jersey tracksuit and jackets, GHD
hairstraightener supplier from www.willpa.com

Are you a Retail businessman who bother by the purchase price?  China
Cheapest TOP wholesale website can help you

we are specialize in replica sport goods manufacturing in china, we can
offer you all kinds of soccer jersey, NBA jersey,shoes and so on. they are
the best brand replica goods whih are look the same as the original goods.
excellent quality and steady supply for them. we have been marketed in Europe
and American for 3 year. all the goods we offer are AAA quality.  our soccer
jersey are Thailand style. If any goods you buy from my company have problem,
we will refund or resend them again. Most of ourProducts have no minimum
order requirements,soyou can shop retail goods at wholesale prices. if you
can buy more than 300usd. We offer free shipping. The more you buy the more
discount for you.

National soccer jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
Club soccer jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
NBA Jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
T-shirt and shirt: http://www.willpa.com
Tracksuit: http://www.willpa.com
Hoody & Jackets: http://www.willpa.com
UGG boots: http://www.willpa.com
Hair style: http://www.willpa.com
shopping Index: http://www.willpa.com

EMS shipping.  7days arrive, paypal accept

want more information pls contact us or check our website: www.willpa.com

Transfer a list of info dependent upon variables
Here is a hard one!!! I need a function that will read a range of cells and and find every one that matches a cell on another page. Then it needs to take all the info from the second worksheet and transfer it to the first. Also not have any duplicate account numbers. Example: 2nd worksheet: Account Date Cycle Amount 1141 11/2/2005 2 $25.00 1231 11/24/2005 5 $30.00 12312 11/8/2005 2 $45.00 1141 11/24/2005 2 ...

How to search a table/query for a date range
I have an Access DB that contain multiple form, queries, tables, and reports. I have one query that containes a various about of information (Name, Title, Hire Date). I have a form created with two text boxes and a command button. The user is suppsed to enter a start date and an end date then press the command button. The employees that fit into the date range get displayed. You do I get this to work? Right now it only didplays all the information. I am tring to get the date ranges to function. On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:59:36 -0800, bzeyger <bzeyger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

How do I set up filter for page fields in pivot table?
I have a fantastic pivot table that I built that I use to answer questions from by customers. However, the questions are often varied and I find it difficult to easily select and de-select data. Is there a way to filter the page fields in a pivot table. For example, I might need to go from seeing all the data for one plant to the data for one material at all the plants. I have over a thousand materials, over a hundred plants. So, going from one set to data to the other is taking some time because I have to select and de-select so many individual items. I would really like to add a...

PDK employee-supervisor table
I’m trying to restrict users to see custom Timesheet and Expense Reports based on TS and EE approval role. Using “SUPERVISOR” field from PDK10000 (TS header) not really working for us since we have pretty dynamic teams and recent chnages not reflected untill new TS or EE submitted. Does somebody knows where PDK keeps current employee – supervisor info? thanks in advance Hello, You can look in the PDK user master table PDK40001. This will contain changes to manager or supervisor information. "Slava Baturin" wrote: > I’m trying to restrict users to see custom Timesheet and...

loss of accuracy in pivot table
Hi Fellow Excel puzzlers I create a pivot table and extract time data which has been custo formatted to show minutes seconds and two decimal places of second (i.e. down to hundreths) however the pivot table has then lost th tenths and hundredths of a second and shows all times with the tenth and hundreths as ".00" why is this happening is it a hidden rounding can it not handle time to this accuracy when translating data into pivot table any thoughts or knowledge on the subject appreciated -- the swimme ----------------------------------------------------------------------- the sw...

copy values from one table to another
I have 2 tables, with the same number of records. I want to move the data from 4 fields from table1 to matching fields in table2. The primary key on each table is different, so I cant join the tables and do an update query. How can I get this data across? On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 17:35:05 -0700, Penstar <Penstar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have 2 tables, with the same number of records. I want to move the data >from 4 fields from table1 to matching fields in table2. The primary key on >each table is different, so I cant join the tables and do an update query. &...

Pivot Table Guru Needed!!
I need some help with a pivot table. The data rows look like this: Project Year, Project Name, Project Amount I have the projects in rows and the year in columns, the amount as th data item. I'm having trouble getting the variance between years to appear on th same row as the project like this: Name 2004 2005 Variance Project 1 $500 $600 $100 Project 2 $150 $100 ($50) Total $650 $700 $50 I can get the variance on a second line, but not the same line. An help would be greatly appreciated! Stev -- Hook ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Hooks'...

How to group date in pivot table
has followed Excel's instructions, but still could not group date (into month, year, etc) from a column of date in a table. Message 'Cannot group that selection' even though the whole column (cells) had been reformated in date format. Please help. If there are text entries, or blank cells in the date column, you won't be able to group the field. Perhaps you included some blank cells in the date column. If that's the problem, you could add a "dummy" date to records with no date. Minh Le wrote: > has followed Excel's instructions, but still could no...

Sum values in a "chronlogical date list" from "transactions table"
Hi everyone, What I'm asking for here would be so easy in Excel but my skill in Access just doesn't cut it yet. I have 2 tables, first table (Table1) only contain one field (a list of dates, starting from "2005-01-01" and ending "2007-10-31"). The second table (Table2) has 3 fields: * Date1 * Date2 * Amount (values ranging from 0 to 1200 USD) Now, I want to run a conditional sum for each date in Table1. For example, for first value in Table1: "2005-01-01" I want to run a query that adds up the values of all transactions in Table 2 that have "...

two level make table query and sorting???
I am creating a table with a "make table" query. I want to query by customer number than by date of order. I want the customer number to be ascending while the date of order to be descending. I can make the query perform the desired functions but when the table is made the sort order is not like it should be. I want the table to look just like the query. Any advice would help. tcek wrote: >I am creating a table with a "make table" query. I want to query by customer >number than by date of order. I want the customer number to be ascending >while the...

Inserting calculated fields in Pivot Table
I am working in pivot tables and created the table below The market share is created by calculating the % of column on the unit volume. I am trying to insert another column all the way to right to calulate the change in market share. When I tried to insert field, but the market share fields (which are calculated) do not show up in order to create a formula. I tried to do it as a calculated item but the insert item is grayed out and it won't let me execute. Any ideas Sales Mkt Shr Sales Mkt Shr Mkt shr Ch BAYLINER 547 7.5% 685 9.8% CARVER 1...

Combo Box to write to table(s)
Hello all, I am having difficulty with the following issue (Access 2007) primary form (frmMain) contains user information with various fields. Key field is ID (this is input at the time the record is created) and a combo box named cboAction with the following options: MMRB MEB P4 ND-PEB Within this form I have the following subforms: frmMMRB frmMEB frmP4 frmND-PEB When the user selects MMRB from cboAction, it needs to write the ID to the appropriate table (MMRB) (Other selections write to other tables (tblMEB, tblP4, etc) and then make the subform visible. I c...

how to print a table with borders
Hi - hope someone can help. I have made a simple table for a lottery syndicate left hand side are names top row is dates used borders to make all boxes stand out (boxes are for ticking when member has paid. When I try to print it out the preview shows names and dates in the right place but no boxes? Iam using Excel 2007 on windows XP home OS Gazmac1 It sounds to me like you've used checkboxes from the Forms toolbar? If this is the case, right click on each one and choose Format Control from the popup options, then go to the Properties tab and tick the Print Object option. "g...

One Form to enter/get data in two linked tables with 1 to many lin
Hello, I am a new user with a variant of a contacts database. Table 1 Hospitals, with one primary contact person info. Table 2 Volunteers in the hospital, can be many How would I go about designing one form which allows entry of the volunteer information, assigns an existing hospital or can create a new hospital with the volunteer information. On retrieving a volunteer's information, it must display the hospital/primary contact information. TIA, John On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 12:09:02 -0700, John L <JohnL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, &g...

Fields from two Tables on Report.
Hi, My project is in MS Access 2002. In that I have one Form which enter data in two different Tables, when I click on Submit Button it will run two diffrent queries one by one. Now I want to generate Report from that Tables. But I don't know how can I put Fields from two different Tables in Report's Detail Section. If Feilds are from only one Table than I can set Report's Record Source property to that TableName.\ But I don't know how to set it for two tables? Even I put fields in Report and set there Control Source Property to that [TableName].[FieldName]. But when I open r...

update two tables with one form
Hi, I am creating a new database and ideally would like one form only to enter the relevant data, but that means it has to update two or more tables from that. Is that possible? Thanks Christina Yes, but you need to explain your data structure a bit. In a relational database, you can have several different types of relationships. What does your form do? If you have a form that adds customers, then it would probably just update one table. If you then want to add products to your database, that would probably be a separate form. Now, when it comes time to sell a product, you would...

Query to get everyone not in table
Here's what I want to do. I have table 1 with staff member's firstname, lastname, and id#. I have table 2 with staff member's entry#, entrydate, and id#. Relationship between table 1 and table 2 through id# w/ referrential integrity. I want to put a query together that I would input a date and retrieve a list of staff member's who do not have an entry on that date. Basically, I want to find out who didn't show up to the meeting on that date. Does anyone have a solution for this? Robin rbuick wrote: >I have table 1 with staff member's firstname, lastname, and...

ComboBox and Linked Tables
Not sure where the best place for this topic but here it goes.. How can I have a combobox populate itself with a list of all the linked tables in the DB? Specifically tables that are linked to other MDBs. I have ODBC connections to an Oracle box that I don't need to worry about. Any ideas? Set its RowSource to SELECT Name FROM MSysObjects WHERE Type = 4 ORDER BY Name -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "David Mulholland" <DavidMulholland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6169DF4F-DA35-40F0-8F46-C322A926...

Extract trades that do NOT match the other table

Summing multiple tables
I am trying to use a query to sum up multiple tables. When run, it should have like 14 fields with each having a sum total for a table. I have tried doing this up to 3 tables (took a long while), but it didn't work for 4 tables; I just get a blank observation in the query view. So my questions are if there is a way to do this for 14 tables and if this will take up a lot of memory? Thanks, Henry Since each of these tables is independent of the others, you should be using 14 queries. What is the point of doing the summation in a single query? If you are doing this for a report or ...

Select Records from One Table that Aren't in Another Table
I have two tables: one is a ParksUIC table containing a list of drywells. The other is a Lookup table containing all known potable discharge wells. what i want to do is create a query that will only select records from the ParksUIC table that ARE NOT in the Lookup table. This is easy to do for when I am trying to select records that ARE in both tables (just create a relational link between common fields) but what about when you want to invert the selection? Can this be done in one query? Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you, Ruben. On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 14:18:05 -0700, Jose Ruben Gonz...

Query between 2 tables with one-to-many relationship
I have a report that I generate via a query which promptme me for a value for one field of one table. I want to generate all the entries from another table that correspond to that one field in that main table. I get the info, but many times over. For exampe if there are 6 entries in the second table, I get all the info 6 times over. Any ideas on how to correct this? -- John M Medeiros Senior Testing Manager On 21 apr, 21:23, gueser <gue...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a report that I generate via a query which promptme me for a value= for > one...

Add rows to table
This is a template - I want to be able to add rows to a table (7 colums). Below is example of table: Each <> is a form field The Net1 is a formula of GAmt1 - (GAmt1 * Rate1) By clicking the macroButton field <insert row above> a new row would be added above and the form fields to be named 'Pol2' , 'Name2', etc. Net2 would be formula same as for Net1. Next added row would have 'Pol3', Name3', etc. The field after the text 'Total' be a formula of adding the Net Amounts (Net1 + Net2 + .....) for as many rows that are added. Also would...

how do i build a stacked bar graph with three variables?
want to construct a stacked bar graph with each bar representing a specific variable and the components of it. Assume that the data set below resides in the range A1:C4. Groups A, B, and C are the three variables. Each group has three components which consist of the numbers under each group. Group A Group B Group C 1 2 3 4 3 2 6 5 5 Select the range A1:C4. Click on the Chart Wizard. In step 1 of the chart wizard, choose the stacked column chart. Hit the next button. In step two of the chart wizard select the series in rows. Hit the next button. In step three add titles, etc....

PM Apply To Work tables
What's the difference between the PM10200 and PM10201 tables? And, what's the purpose of each table? Dear Elaine PM10200 stores all payments that have been applied and unposted. These payments include both manual and Computer checks as well. However PM10201 stores only computer checks payments that have been applied but yet to be posted. Thanks Janakiram M.P MCP-GP On Apr 20, 11:45=A0pm, Elaine <Ela...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What's the difference between the PM10200 and PM10201 tables? =A0And, wha= t's > the purpose of each table? ...