Pagination on a Continuous Form

I would like to have one continuous form hold a list of 30 records per page,
and be able to see the page numbers (and use them) at the top and/or bottom
of the form, such that a total of a couple hundred records (or more) can be
displayed in groups of 30 at the request of clicking the page number (similar
to that of a webpage, but only an MS Access Form).

On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 11:23:01 -0800, VWP1
<VWP1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

You'll have to do all the work yourself, because such interface is not
natively supported. Would be an interesting project though.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>I would like to have one continuous form hold a list of 30 records per page,
>and be able to see the page numbers (and use them) at the top and/or bottom
>of the form, such that a total of a couple hundred records (or more) can be
>displayed in groups of 30 at the request of clicking the page number (similar
>to that of a webpage, but only an MS Access Form).
0
Tom
3/6/2010 9:48:06 AM
Tom van Stiphout wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 11:23:01 -0800, VWP1
> <VWP1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Sure it is. It's called a "report" in preview mode ;)

> You'll have to do all the work yourself, because such interface is not
> natively supported. Would be an interesting project though.
>
> -Tom.
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

>> I would like to have one continuous form hold a list of 30 records
>> per page, and be able to see the page numbers (and use them) at the
>> top and/or bottom of the form, such that a total of a couple hundred
>> records (or more) can be displayed in groups of 30 at the request of
>> clicking the page number (similar to that of a webpage, but only an
>> MS Access Form).

This should be  a simple task.
Adjust the form for 30 records optionally remove the scroll bar, and use
sendkeys to page up and down.

  Global Const VK_PRIOR = &H21  ' PGUP
  Global Const VK_NEXT = &H22   ' PGDN
More at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/113547

0
Mike

OnLoad form position
While using CRM, I have created a number of custom entities. I know how to set the size using an onLoad script, but is there any way to move the for so that it opens and the user can see everything on the page, rather than opening so that half of the form is off-screen? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. ...

Custom Forms #2
Hi, I'm wondering is it possible to have mail in a public folder be converted a form in Exchange 2003? (e.g., any reply/forward/double click/right click). Or new mail composed in that folder be converted to forms? If so what tools do I need to consider? Regards, Norman Zhang ...

Naming a subform from a main form
I'm having a heck of a time getting to a control on a sub form from a main form. I use the following convention Forms![frm MAIN_FORM]![frm SUB_FORM]![CONTROL_NAME] However when I run the code, I get an error message informing me Access cannot find the field named [frm SUB_FORM]. Then I tried taking the mainform out of the line leaving me with Forms![frm SUB-FORM]![CONTROL_NAME] Then the message reads can find find the form named frm subform. As far as I can tell the subform is opened. I can see it. I'm baffled. Can you help me? Common problem!! Open your main form in d...

Dynamically linking fields to forms
In my form I have patient_Id as drop down list which is linked to main PATIENT table where it gets update by different department and the new values shows up in my FORM's drown drop list immediately. Along with patient_id I have 4 more values that need to be shown on my FORM from 4 different tables. Finally all the above values collected dynamically and some tested values from FORM base table ( testing table) should be saved into my testing table when some one clicks on the save button. Is this possible? with out distrubing the PATIENT tables or any other linked tables? -- ...

Display a PDF in a Windows Form.
I've got a kiosk program that displays information that runs unattended. I need to have the ability to put PDF up on the screen. I have other stuff on the screen that needs to still be displayed. Adobe opens as a new window with menus and whatnot so this is not acceptable. Does anybody know of a way to display a PDF in a winform? I don't need any of the menus or stuff like that - just display the pdf. It would also be nice if I could programmatically control what page it's displaying so I could display multiple pages in succession. TIA - Jeff. "Mr. ...

Checking a forms fields for null
Hi All, I can think of a few ways to accomplish this, but would like to know of a better way. just like when you fill out forms on the web if the field is mandatory it pops up a msg say somthing like "This field isn't optional" if it is left blank. What is the best way to do this in access on a form? I'm using now: if ISNull(myFeild1) then msgbox"Please fill in myFeild1" end if If ISNull(myFeild2) then msgbox"Please fill in myFeild2" end if if ISNull(myFeild3) then msgbox"Please fill in myFeild3" end if I use s...

Sharing only forms, not tables
I have an access database. I have designed several forms which shows information retrieved by querries. I would like to share this forms with my colleagues via server. But, i dont want my colleagues to access tables and querries, because of security reasons. Could you pleae tell me a good reference to do that? How can i keep my tables in a seperate place than forms. Thanks That's not going to work. Forms have no data of their own. They read their data from and write their data to tables. If your users have not rights to read or write the tables, your forms won't work either. -- A...

How to customize the Item Properties Form
Is there any way to add additional fields to the Item Properties page in RMS? I have used QSRules to modify the POS Screen in the past but don't see any way to modify any of the forms from within Manager. I would like to either add more fields or pop a custom form after tabbing off the Item Lookup Code field. Thanks! Nope, no way to modify the built in forms. You can replace them, as several existing add-ins do. You can also use the ItemSave hook to pop your form after the OK button on Item Properties is clicked. That's the most granular activation that's available. Gle...

Run query from date input on form
Hello all! I have what I hope is a easy situation. I have a table that has information that is entered daily with a field "Completed Date". I want to add a text box to a form where a user can enter a date and hit a button that will run a query for that specific completion date so I can have the query results exported to Excel. Would I use an unbound text box on the form? How would I set up the query to take the date entered in the form? Thank you very much! - Joker -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Yes, an unbound textbox would be one w...

RMS should provide a discount associated with payment form
Not all forms of payment are alike. Credit cards have a commision the bank charges for us to accept it, credit has a risk implicit. It would be very valuable for Retailers if a discount on the sale could be associated to one or more forms of payment. I.e. if the customer pays in cash he or she would be eligible for a special discount, because those forms of payment does not cost the retailer any extra risk or commision. This could be an advantage for those customers paying in that particular form and could be used to attract this kind of consumers. In many countries most small retailer...

Lookup query value from Form
Hello. I have a form that I would like to lookup values in several taxt boxes. The values I want displayed are from several different Sum Queries. Example: I want to pull Total Working Blance from a query and monthly rent revenue from another query. The values all come from different tables. Is this possible? Thanks for the help. you can use a DLookup() function to retrieve the queries' values. read up on the function in Access Help, so you'll understand how it works. then add an expression to each textbox control's ControlSource property, as =DLookup("MyField", ...

Employee Time card form
I have a table containing two fields - Employee_ID and Time_Stamp. I've already created a form that scans in Employee_IDs; and once any Employee_ID is scanned in, the ID and scanned time is recorded to the table. In addition to what it already does, the form needs to populate the employee's punch time records for the current week. For example: (current date and time is Wednesday 9:02 am) (Form view before update) Employee ID: ___________________ (Form view after update) Employee ID: _1001 (Enter)_______ ________________________________ Employee ID: 1001 Mon: ...

Read only Form when opened
Hi In need to be able to open a form read only until I select a record from a combo box I want to keep from entering the information in the first record that comes up when I open the form Thanks That sounds like it would work I Estimate for a commercial wood working firm I use Access to track my jobs and generate Bids For example I might bid a hotel and need to exclude 300 wood doors and frames. So that would go into me exclusion field I need to make sure that the exclusion is attached to the right job This all works on a form with a sub form, the main form is information about...

3rds landscape form on word mac
I've been PC for so long the MAc is slowly winning me over though! How do I get my document to go in 3rd's for landscape form? G Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice How to hold a successful meeting http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/0059747f-8775-4965-b56d-cab220b2f1b9/how-to-hold-a-successful.aspx I think we need a bit more detail. Are you trying to create three columns on a landscape document or three rows? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org <G Soil>...

help with coding
Hi All, I have been doing some search on this topic and require some coding help. I want to create a login form which checks for username, pwd and securitylevel and accordingly give access to certain queries , forms and reports. I do not want to use the Access user level security wizard and want to create a separate security module. I have come across this code posted by Klatuu which is probably the solution i am looking for. Public Function SetSecurityProp(UserInitials As String, SecurityLevel As Integer) As Boolean Dim prp As Property Const conPropNotFound As Integer = 3270 ...

Data input OK but form not dispalying information back
Hi I have created various forms and tables successfully but suddenly I have one form which is not behaving as i would expect. When I enter data into this form, it appears to have been saved in the table, however, when I exit the form and then go back in to check the data, it is no longer displayed. I am new to access and have been teaching myself as I go along. Obviously I am missing someting here. Can you help me please? Many Thanks-- Tash It is possible you may have changed the data entry properties for the form. I think that would be unlikely for a beginner. Check the properties ...

Same report from 2 forms
The report has a text control that has an IIF statement that looks at a particular field on Form 1 and populates itself based on what is on that form. Now I need this same report to run from another form and populate the same text control with data from a control on Form 2. Only 1 form is open at any given time. With the report control set to Form 1, it displays #Name? when it is run from Form 2. Is there a way to check for #Name? and use the control in Form 2 if it occurs? If not, is there another workaround? RW wrote: >The report has a text control that has an IIF statement...

where can i find my tables in form design?
I'm creating my form from design view and didn't use the wizard. I tried to look for my tables and can't seemed to find them anywhere in the screen. Where can i find it? View, properties, Data Tab, and pull down record source. If the field list box isn'tdisplayed you will need to select View, Field List. Hth Jon <emerlita@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:1176390153.055871.148970@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > I'm creating my form from design view and didn't use the wizard. I > tried to look for my tables and can't seemed to find them anywhere i...

Edit Tabbed Forms
I made a database, and a form to enter info into the datatbase. The form has 2 tabs, but both tabs enter info in the same table. The problem is that when I go to open the form, it opens to the next entry, but the bottom record counter is at 1. I can't go back and edit past records. The report and the table shows all the records, but the form doesnt. Anyone know why? "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F4D69AD-19B4-480A-A26E-1D6EA25372CA@microsoft.com... >I made a database, and a form to enter info into the datatbase. The form >has...

Recipe form
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CAA341.278E2830 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a recipe database I am building or my wife. I have the categories = table and my recipes table with the relationshi set u between them. My wife would like a field on the recippe form displaying what number = recipe the item is within the category it is asigned to. For example if have 10 meat recipes and meatloaf is the fifth one, she = wants the number 5 display. I am asuming I n...

on last enter start new blank form
is there a way to have a new blank form start after entering last input of information? Thanks in advance for the help! If you set the form's property to add new records, and add a <Save> command button, you should get "a new blank form". If you're asking how to have it happen without the <Save> button, how will Access "know" when you're finished entering data? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a produ...

One form, two tables UPDATE help?
I am running Access 2003. A user enters data into one field on a continuous form bound to one table. I want to be able to UPDATE this same data into a similar field in another table based on an equal week number, year and Part number for the data. Is this possible? I have been trying something like: Sub UpdateCM1() Dim strQuery As String Dim HoldWeekNo as Integer Dim HoldYear as Integer Dim HoldPartNo as String HoldWeekNo = Forms!frmMnthCMNew!WeekNo HoldYear = Forms!frmMnthCMNew!Yr HoldPartNo = Forms!frmMnthCMNew!PartNo strQuery = "UPDATE CMMonth " & _...

Quote Form
I am having a lot of difficulty doing modifications to the quote form beyond adding the company logo. I am using CRM 3.0, Outlook 2007, Word 2007. A couple of the issues are: 1) If disconnected from the domain (on laptop offline) can not connect to data source. 2) When on the network and select the quote table other fields indicate they are missing and Word wants to remove them. We are not interested in adding a 3rd party product and would really like to get this working with the tools provided in CRM. Has anybody had success with creating a nice custome quote form in Word, or am I wai...

#Deleted# records in Form
I've struggled with this before. It's been quite a while since I programmed in Access. When you delete a record from the source of a form, how do you get it to stop showing up as #Deleted#? I've tried Requery.... ?? TIA Ok, Crazy, Here is a function that will delete the current record and make that annoying #Deleted# disappear. If you have a Delete command button on the form, call it like this: DelCurrentRec(Me) I have this function is a Standard Module so I can call it from any form. Public Function DelCurrentRec(ByRef frmSomeForm As Form) Dim rst As Recordset O...

OWA and Forms Based Authentication
I recently enabled Forms Based Auth, and installed the certificate and require 128-bit encryption. All works great, I can access my mail via the https:// link. The problem lies in when I try to send a message and the automatic spell check tries to start. An error comes up stating that the spell check failed to start and the message is immediatly placed in the drafts folder WITHOUT the message body. Also, all of the external links that are provided in the message body of an email opens another window that contains the form authentication splash page, and even if I enter my credentials it...