Page up and Page down

Is there any way the you can use Code to cause a form to do page up and page
down.  I have a Long form that some of the information that is at the bottom
of the form is out of view and only use by certain people.

How can I have a botton on click go page down to the bottom and another
button that will return the form to the top of the form.

I know that you can use the keys to accomplish this but for appearance value
I would rather use a button on the form to accomplish this.

any ideas?

Sandrao,

You can put a Page Break control on your form.

Then, code on the Click event of your button like this:

    DoCmd.GoToPage 2

--
Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP

sandrao wrote:
> Is there any way the you can use Code to cause a form to do page up and page
> down.  I have a Long form that some of the information that is at the bottom
> of the form is out of view and only use by certain people.
>
> How can I have a botton on click go page down to the bottom and another
> button that will return the form to the top of the form.
>
> I know that you can use the keys to accomplish this but for appearance value
> I would rather use a button on the form to accomplish this.
>
> any ideas?
0
Steve
10/27/2007 6:55:29 PM
Sandrao,

By the way, hope you don't think this too rude, but I have noticed on
other occasions, as with this one, that you have posted the same
question at the same time to UtterAccess and to Microsoft public
newsgroups.  Please be aware that there are quite a few people who read
both.  It is probably not necessary to post in both places, and, let's
face it, the volunteers who try to help in these forums are only human,
and some would feel we don't want to expend our efforts answering a
question where someone else is already doing a great job over the fence.
  Hope you understand.  Maybe just try one place, and then go elsewhere
if you don't get what you need after a while.  Thanks.

--

sandrao wrote:
> Is there any way the you can use Code to cause a form to do page up and page
> down.  I have a Long form that some of the information that is at the bottom
> of the form is out of view and only use by certain people.
>
> How can I have a botton on click go page down to the bottom and another
> button that will return the form to the top of the form.
>
> I know that you can use the keys to accomplish this but for appearance value
> I would rather use a button on the form to accomplish this.
>
> any ideas?
0
Steve
10/27/2007 7:04:24 PM
Thanks Point Taken....

"Steve Schapel" wrote:

> Sandrao,
>
> By the way, hope you don't think this too rude, but I have noticed on
> other occasions, as with this one, that you have posted the same
> question at the same time to UtterAccess and to Microsoft public
> newsgroups.  Please be aware that there are quite a few people who read
> both.  It is probably not necessary to post in both places, and, let's
> face it, the volunteers who try to help in these forums are only human,
> and some would feel we don't want to expend our efforts answering a
> question where someone else is already doing a great job over the fence.
>   Hope you understand.  Maybe just try one place, and then go elsewhere
> if you don't get what you need after a while.  Thanks.
>
> --
> Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP
>
> sandrao wrote:
> > Is there any way the you can use Code to cause a form to do page up and page
> > down.  I have a Long form that some of the information that is at the bottom
> > of the form is out of view and only use by certain people.
> >
> > How can I have a botton on click go page down to the bottom and another
> > button that will return the form to the top of the form.
> >
> > I know that you can use the keys to accomplish this but for appearance value
> > I would rather use a button on the form to accomplish this.
> >
> > any ideas?

getting more columns and data onto one page in Crystal
Hello: Since you can only place so much data onto a "piece of paper", likely the answer is "no". But, even after choosing "Landscape" in Crytal (10.0), there's not a way of getting as many columns of data onto a report as I want--is there? Ideally, I'd like to get 14 columns on there but am running out of room on the right. Also, I have placed a cross-tab on my report that prints on multiple pages instead of just one. Of course, since the cross-tab has 83 rows of data, my guess is that there is nothing that I can do about this either. Is there? ...

Email file does not retain same page content
The receiver of the email receives it with page 1 contents flowing onto page 2 . Page 2 picks up at end of the overflow and so on... Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice BizTalk: Incorporating conditional If / Else Functoid Logic in a map. http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/f6fc20ab-5c6a-4f04-8a0b-bba39e4bbcf0/biztalk-incorporating-co.aspx <Jetty donaldson> wrote in message news:2010416115618jetreal@cox.net... > The receiver of the email receives it with page 1 contents flowing onto page > 2 . Page 2 picks up > at end of t...

export excel to Front Page
I'm trying to copy a page from Excel to FrontPage for our church web site. It will be the schedules for each service. I have created the excel doc on my computer and saved it as a web page. The church web site is already published on line created with FP2003 and running on a Windows/ASP server with Front Page Extensions activated. I am only somewhat knowledgeable with both Excel and Front Page and am just volunteering to do this for my church, so I would really appreciate any help you guys can give me. I pretty much need to be led through this stuff step-by-step...sorry. So, here...

Same heading on every page
Hi all, Basically a small problem here. Was wondering if it is possible to se my exel spreadsheet to have the same table heading for every pag automatically instead of having to cut and paste all the time. Fo example, a column of "serial number" may drag over many pages so ho can make the header "Serial number" of that column appear automaticall everytime the numbers continue to a subsequent page? Thank you! Rgds, Ra -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Go to File / Page Setup / Sheet tab and use the 'Rows to repeat at top' option. -- Andy. ...

Why does Publisher not allow multiple page email newsletters?
Just received Publisher 2003. I'm trying to make an email newsletter and trying to incorporate the "more details" links embedded into the template. However, if I want that to be a link to another page in the document, it doesn't work if I send the .pub as a message in an email. It doesn't work any way I save it, .mht, .tif, etc. I'm curious why I had to spend two days sorting out the whole "more details" links through the help files only to find that they're useless unless I have it link to some other arbitrary site. I bought publisher for thi...

How do I format publication design after page 18?
After I hit page 18 I could no longer format the publication design onto the page. Thought it might be considered the back cover but I even tried inserting pages and it still happened. Any suggestions? What formatting are you using? Text? When you setup your project did you use a wizard? What version of Publisher are you using? Have you tried, insert page, duplicate all objects on page XX? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "gw" <gw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91BA1FA9-6AA2-44C7-81D...

How to Add page numbers to a excel spreadsheet?
-- redhead Page numbers are printed in the header or footer of a worksheet. On the File menu, choose Page Setup. On the Header/Footer tab, use a predefined header or footer from the dropdowns, or design a custom one. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ redhead101863 wrote: ...

Changing the way the home page looks in M07
Hi, I got a new widescreen monitor for Christmas. Is there a way within Money 07 to change the home page layout to allow more than two columns of customized items? Also - off topic - since Road Runner no longer supports news readers, does anyone have a suggestion on how to pick one which offer good value at low or no cost? Mark "Mark Fields" <mark_no_spam_f@siscom.net> wrote in message news:OlUFFK3ZJHA.6036@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I got a new widescreen monitor for Christmas. > > Is there a way within Money 07 to change the home page layout...

The new CRM VPC "Cannot display web page"
I am attempting to run the new CRM VPC image. I have an internet connection and everything else seems to have downloaded properly, but I can't launch CRM. Neither through Outlook nor Web client. Any suggestions? Thank you! maybe you have an IP address conflict? Change the network settings within the virtual pc console to "local only" and restart the system. "Suzy" wrote: > I am attempting to run the new CRM VPC image. I have an internet connection > and everything else seems to have downloaded properly, but I can't launch > CRM. Neither through Ou...

Going to a page depending on a combobox or a number in a cell
Hello everyone, I've a problem and been searhing for so long and still need help. I want to use a Combo Box as a shortcut list that will choose a sheet to go. For example; When I choose "Poems" form the Combo Box list, I want Excel to open the sheet "Poems". Alternativley; If there is a number in cell A1 as "1" than go to (or jump to) "Sheet1", if the number is "2" than go to "Sheet2" , if the number is "3" than go to sheet "Poems" etc. etc. How can I make this? Really need help.. Kindly regards....

IE will not access Windows update page
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage browser address shows: <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com> "updates are ready for your computer "KB952069" will not install and notification continues to pop up after automatic updates says "Installation Compete" Dell Mini 1010 Windows XP Home 32bit SP3 1gb RAM I cannot access Microsoft Windows Updates. All other sites work just fine. Original issue: Could not install any programs Software ran: Malwarebytes, Adaware, Spybot, Trojan Remover and CCleaner After finding various critters affecting PC...

How to change a publication's start page number
I have created a series of publications and I want to start page numbering for each publication at a specific number..........it was able to be changed under Tools>Options in 2002 but I can not find this feature in Publisher 2003. Can anyone help? Thanks. Wombat146 <Wombat146@discussions.microsoft.com> was recently heard to utter: > I have created a series of publications and I want to start page > numbering for each publication at a specific number..........it was > able to be changed under Tools>Options in 2002 but I can not find > this feature in Publisher 2003....

Word does not print pages after a certain page
After page 10 of my document, there is a section break and the page numbering changes from Roman numerals to Arabic numerals. Word does not print any page beyond page 10 in this document. It does in other documents with similar characteristics. You must include the section number with the page number; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/PrintMultipleSections.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Alphy" <Alphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBBB58F2-000B-465F-8BC7...

Making page fit inserted picture
I inserted a jpeg picture and resized it to be 4"by 6". How do I make the Publisher page equal to the picture (i.e. no white space around the picture, so that the page is the same size as the picture) Setup your page 4 x 6. You need to create a custom size in your printer 4 x 6. If you do not create a custom printer size then Publisher will print multiple copies per page. It would help to know what version Publisher you are using. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jeancho" <Jeancho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A67D046-AE87-4D99-9B9C...

cannot delete custom page in Business Portal
I created a page and I want it deleted. When I try to remove the page, I get the error - this item is currently being used in a menu or task and cannot be removed. I have not included this page anywhere. How can I figure out what is stopping the page from being deleted? Go to Manage Navigation and delete the menu first then go to Manage Portal Pages then Remove it -- http://ddelprado.blogspot.com "Jack Tundra" wrote: > I created a page and I want it deleted. When I try to remove the page, I get > the error - this item is currently being used in a menu or task and ...

Are there any page setup differences between Excel versions
I have created a spreadsheet on Excel 2000 and set up the pages to print correctly. My colleage is using a later version of Excel and is having page setup difficulties with my spreadsheet Your workbook should not be causing difficulties with Page Setup. What page setup difficulties is she having? Is she able to open Page Setup? Use its settings? In article <BF83F39B-9BCD-4313-BF73-1F9CE771AFB9@microsoft.com>, Steveh <Steveh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created a spreadsheet on Excel 2000 and set up the pages to print > correctly. My colleage is using ...

how do I move from page to page or get the little page icons at t.
I am trying to do a four page booklet and cannot go from page to page. What do I need to do? While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a message from Joan <Joan@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I am trying to do a four page booklet and cannot go from page to > page. What do I need to do? Do you have four pages present? If you used a template, you should have them there automatically. Otherwise, you'll need to use Insert > Page. Do you have the page icons at the bottom of the screen? If not, try View > Status bar, or maximiz...

Quick Links on Home Page
If you set up a couple of custom quick links on your home page, is it being stored in a central location so that if you log in from a different computer (or in our case get connected to one of several GP app servers in our Citrix farm), you get the same home page? I am busy testing GP 2010 so this is new to me (we are in v9 currently). Also, is it possible to “copy” a home page to different users if you want to assign the same set of quick links to all of them? Thanks -- Pieter ...

missing page tabs 2007
We recently had office 2007 installed on our XP computers. We save many spreadsheets on a network drive. Since the installation occasionally when we open Excel it will not show us the page tabs. We have hid and unhide the tabs using the options box. Is there a way to fix this? ...

how can i make business cards multiple in a page?
pls. pls. pls. any answers would help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I suspect you are printing a single card in the middle of an 8�"x11". In Publisher 2000 (similar in other versions; let's hope) when you select File, Print, then the Page options button, Print multiple copies per sheet, custom options button to check that your gaps and margins are what you want. Then OK Ok printer runs NOW Save the file to retain all the settings you just made. Next time you print cards you will only need to select File, Print. -- Don Vancouver, USA "sha" <sha@discussions.microsoft.com...

Page number functions in Word are dimmed and don't work. What now
I use Office Home & Student 2007. I cannot insert page numbers into my Word document. I could not find Microsoft Office's "Add-ins" either. What can I do to restore the page numbering function? Place your cursor in a header or footer. On Feb 8, 7:19=A0pm, A Tai <a...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I use Office Home & Student 2007. =A0I cannot insert page numbers into my= Word > document. =A0I could not find Microsoft Office's "Add-ins" either. =A0Wha= t can I > do to restore the page numbering function? A page number...

Page View situation
I am using Office 2003 suite, whenever I go to a page view of an excel spreadsheet it generates individual pages for each cell being occupied. Why does this happen? And how can I resolve this issue from happening again. I restarted my computer and it resolved in the first time. I would like to understand what happens to make it come out like that and any advice would be greatly appreciated. ...

Calendar print: page setup
Is it possible to change the layout of a daily style calendar print out. Ie. I would like to have tasks and daily schedule on one page and notes alone on another (similar to Franklin planner's appearance)? ...

Can't delete a page break
Hello, A user send me a excel sheet about 230 pages soft copy, at page 74 there is a page break and I can’t take it out or move. This page break is in the middle of page and when I look in to page break view from preview I can see that line but it is showing as one page, but when we print that page it is printing in 2 different pages. We are using office XP (2002) with SP 3. Any idea how I can delete this specific page break, I have tried highlighting that specific page and deleted the page back but it just deleted the page break from top and bottom not the middle which is just stuck t...

When you insert a new Excel page, what is the Dialog format?
I added this Dialog formatted page to my worksheet, but can figure out what it does. You can use a dialog page to create an input form for your workbook. You can do it by inserting a worksheet as you have done, or you can insert a dialog box through visual basic. If you are familiar with Access forms, you will already know how to create fields on a dialog box. If not, you might want to look for help on Access forms or Excel Dialog forms. BTW, if you are using Excel Help, don't type in "dialog". Try "forms" instead. -- Cordially, Bob Sullivan Microsoft Offi...