option group - default value

I have 2 check boxes in an option group,  I have 1 check box for yes and
another for no, when i start typing in a field the no check box automatically
gets checked,  I tried to set the default option group value to isNull but
the check keeps appearing in the no box.

sheniece

Is you option group bound to a yes/no field from your table?

If so, the problem is that Access does not support Null in yes/no fields, so
as soon as you start entering something, the yes/no field becomes False.

Presumably the one text box has the Option Value 0 (for False), and the
other one has the Option Value or -1 (for True.)

"sheniece via AccessMonster.com" <u38905@uwe> wrote in message
>I have 2 check boxes in an option group,  I have 1 check box for yes and
> another for no, when i start typing in a field the no check box
> automatically
> gets checked,  I tried to set the default option group value to isNull but
> the check keeps appearing in the no box.

0
Allen
12/10/2007 11:38:12 AM
yes Allen they are bound to a yes/no field from a table.  Thanks,  I'll find
a workaround for it.

Allen Browne wrote:
>Is you option group bound to a yes/no field from your table?
>
>If so, the problem is that Access does not support Null in yes/no fields, so
>as soon as you start entering something, the yes/no field becomes False.
>
>Presumably the one text box has the Option Value 0 (for False), and the
>other one has the Option Value or -1 (for True.)
>
>>I have 2 check boxes in an option group,  I have 1 check box for yes and
>> another for no, when i start typing in a field the no check box
>> automatically
>> gets checked,  I tried to set the default option group value to isNull but
>> the check keeps appearing in the no box.

sheniece
12/10/2007 4:34:35 PM
Sheniece,

Just set the option groups default value (form design) or the fields default
value (in table design) to True or False.

HTH
Dale
--
Don''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful!

email address is invalid
Please reply to newsgroup only.

"sheniece via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> yes Allen they are bound to a yes/no field from a table.  Thanks,  I'll find
> a workaround for it.
>

> Allen Browne wrote:
> >Is you option group bound to a yes/no field from your table?
> >
> >If so, the problem is that Access does not support Null in yes/no fields, so
> >as soon as you start entering something, the yes/no field becomes False.
> >
> >Presumably the one text box has the Option Value 0 (for False), and the
> >other one has the Option Value or -1 (for True.)
> >
> >>I have 2 check boxes in an option group,  I have 1 check box for yes and
> >> another for no, when i start typing in a field the no check box
> >> automatically
> >> gets checked,  I tried to set the default option group value to isNull but
> >> the check keeps appearing in the no box.

Assuming that you do want to be able to store Null, use an Integer field
instead of a yes/no field.

This gives you the 3 states: Yes (-1), No (0), and Null.

An option group does not give the user a way to go back to Null, so you may
need a command button beside the group to set the value to Null.
Alternatively, use a combo.

> yes Allen they are bound to a yes/no field from a table.  Thanks,  I'll
> find
> a workaround for it.
>

> Allen Browne wrote:
>>Is you option group bound to a yes/no field from your table?
>>
>>If so, the problem is that Access does not support Null in yes/no fields,
>>so
>>as soon as you start entering something, the yes/no field becomes False.
>>
>>Presumably the one text box has the Option Value 0 (for False), and the
>>other one has the Option Value or -1 (for True.)
>>
>>>I have 2 check boxes in an option group,  I have 1 check box for yes and
>>> another for no, when i start typing in a field the no check box
>>> automatically
>>> gets checked,  I tried to set the default option group value to isNull
>>> but
>>> the check keeps appearing in the no box.

0
Allen
12/10/2007 11:25:52 PM
Allen thanks for the help, I used an integer field instead, and used an
option group check box and it worked like a charm, again thanks for the help.

Allen Browne wrote:
>Assuming that you do want to be able to store Null, use an Integer field
>instead of a yes/no field.
>
>This gives you the 3 states: Yes (-1), No (0), and Null.
>
>An option group does not give the user a way to go back to Null, so you may
>need a command button beside the group to set the value to Null.
>Alternatively, use a combo.
>
>> yes Allen they are bound to a yes/no field from a table.  Thanks,  I'll
>> find
>[quoted text clipped - 15 lines]

sheniece

Changing color of a range of cells dending up on a value in anothr
Hi, I need to change the color of a range of cell, depending up on the value in another cell. I am using Excel 2003. And it allows me to give only 3 conditions when using conditional format. But I have 7 differnt conditions. Thanks in advance for any help. Srajes. Unless you move to XL2007, you will need to use VBA. Here are some sites that will help http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/excel-conditional-formatting-limit.htm http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm Alternatively, there is an add-in here http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFPlus.Download.html -- Steve "Srajes&qu...

Changing the default folder when inserting files.
Does anybody know how to change the default folder Outlook opens when inserting files? I have already tried the registry with no luck. Thanks. you can change the default folder - use the places bar to select the folder you want. http://www.poremsky.com/p/places_bar.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Kristin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

How do I send an email to a group?
Outlook 2007 Vista SP-2 Along time ago I had a problem using a distribution list and was told that the feature is obsolete and no longer really works because of it. I was told to use the new Groups feature because Groups can do anything! Well, now I have all my contacts broken up into groups in my email application and I wanted to send them an email: First, I noticed that my address book does not show my contact's group. Second, I went into my "Contacts", selected the contacts and dragged them into the "To:" section of an email. To my surprise, EV...

Bank Options
Can anyone reccommend a good bank to use with Microsoft Money? I am looking for: no-fee, no minimum or low minimum balance, with free bill pay that can be used from within Money, and paper check writing priviledges. I have been a NetBank customer for the past 8 years. They are being shut down and our accounts are being transfered to ING. Howeve, ING doesn't allow paper checks. Any Ideas? Thanks, Jody "Jody" <donotreply@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:900CB62E-569D-4B4F-9378-ECB69CCAE87D@microsoft.com... > Can anyone reccommend a good bank to use with M...

default NTFS permissions on system partition : everyone group in or out
When setting up a new server, is the Everyone group going to have full control to the C: drive (system partition) by default? This is a big problem when people who are not part of the domain can connect to C$ (if they know what they're doing). Can anyone think of a single good reason why Everyone should be allowed full access to the C: drive? (When we took the Everyone group out on the Exchange2k server, we ran into instant problems - users called to say that they had lost their connection to the server.) Thanks in advance. That is not true. NTFS permissions may be set to give ever...

Sales Pipeline report
I know you used to be able to view the sales pipeline report by product, but I don't seem to have that option available in the "group by" ddl. Am I missing something? HELP! Viewing the sales pipeline by product is an important requirement. I haven't used this report, but it should be relatively easy to build your own SQL view for the report to group the output by product (clone the existing report and modify the where clause). Thanks for the reply. According to the help files, this group by option should be available. I opened the report in Visual Studio, and low-and-...

Field Options and Combo Lists?
Wondering if anyone knows how to make this work. I have two fields in a form, both Combo Boxes. I want the Value List in the first box to determine what the Value List in the second box will be. For example, if the first box is all State Names, if you select California, the second box provides all of the City names for that state. However, if you change the first box to Utah, the second box provides all the City names for Utah. In the afterupdate event of the states combobox write code to adjust the rowsource of the city combobox. Something like: Me.combo_STATE.RowSource = &quo...

Lowest value in a selection of data
Hi What formula would I use to find the lowest value in a selection of data i.e. B49:E52. Much Appreciated Brian =MIN(B49:E52) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007a Jumping in here... Is it possible to know the address of the cell containing the minimum value? John. You can use the MATCH function to locate the (relative) position, but if you have more than one value which are minima then it will only find the first. Pete On Nov 16, 7:23 pm, John Google <JohnGoo...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote: > Jumping in here... > > Is it possible to know the address of the cell containin...

Ending balance doesn't equal market value
I am using MS Money 2004. In my portfolio the Contributions ($) Market Value amount is showing a negative amount, but Today's Balance shows a zero Ending Balance. How do I get them to both show tha same number? In microsoft.public.money, Eggman wrote: >I am using MS Money 2004. In my portfolio the Contributions ($) Market Value >amount is showing a negative amount, but Today's Balance shows a zero Ending >Balance. How do I get them to both show tha same number? Try File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair Look for future transactions. ...

Adding Values From Different Tabs
Is there a way to add values from different tabs on the same spreadsheet? For example A2 from tab 1 and A2 from tab 2 -- Flipkid2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Flipkid2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17984 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398184 Assuming the name on Tab 1 is Sheet1 and Tab 2 is Sheet2, use thi formula: =Sheet1!A2+Sheet2!A2 note the name of the sheet is followed by "!" to indicate it is a shee name. HTH Bruc -- swatsp0 ------------...

Do Option Groups Offer an OTHER Option that Users Can Add Themselves?
Hello, I'm using Access 2003 on a novice level. I have a question about option groups. I'd like to know if it's possible to create a set of radio buttons, check boxes, and/or drop-down lists, with an OTHER option that lets the user enter a new value. I know that's possible with Filemaker Pro. If you enable the OTHER option, a popup window appears that lets you add a new item to the list. I'm not sure if that applies only to drop-down lists, but it has come in handy at times. Can it be done with Access? If so, what are the rudimentary steps to accomplishing this? Tha...

Display only duplicate values and delete UNIQUE Items
All I have a very large list of data and on a monthly basis i need to display only the duplicate items in a spreadsheet. I would like to do this in VBA and then run it as a macro on the spreadsheet. Alot of the sites that i have seen only show how to removed the duplicates. Excel 2007 has a function which removed all duplicates but so far i have found nothing that only displays the duplciates.... any ideas anyone? Assuming that the field you use to determine uniqueness is column A, you can put this formula in a helper column: =3DIF(COUNTIF(A:A,A2)>1,"Duplicate","Unique&...

option button and picture
I'm wanting to send a picture to the Guest Log results. Once the user types their info into the guest book an option to select a candle is available. But I can't figure out how to send the picture once the user submits their info. Here's a link to the page. Thanks in advance!!!! http://www.restingtributes.com/Guest%20BooK.htm The FP Guestbook does not support file upload or attached files -- _____________________________________________ SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ] "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-; ...

Exclude like values with a JOIN?
I have the following query: SELECT dbo.qry_UV_CARS_PlateX_ShouldBeValued.Yl_iD FROM dbo.qry_UV_CARS_PlateX_Valued RIGHT OUTER JOIN dbo.qry_UV_CARS_PlateX_ShouldBeValued ON dbo.qry_UV_CARS_PlateX_Valued.Yl_iD = dbo.qry_UV_CARS_PlateX_ShouldBeValued.Yl_iD WHERE (dbo.qry_UV_CARS_PlateX_Valued.Yl_iD IS NULL) And I have another secondary table containing the same field as Yl_iD. What I want to do is have my main query exclude all the Yl_iD values that are in my secondary table. What JOIN and criteria will do this? Many thanks.....Jason WHERE Yl_iD N...

OL 2003; Question about two default attachments in HTMLMessage Format
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C51E85.7F26CCA0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0010_01C51E85.7F26CCA0" ------=_NextPart_001_0010_01C51E85.7F26CCA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Outlook 2003, XPP SP2=20 Hello, When I send an e-mail message in HTML message format, the recipient = (even when I send to myself) also receives two default attachments, = image001.png and image002.png. The first image is a what I would guess a = Microsoft ...

Access to News groups disappears after first use and exiting.
Have used OE for a number of years for email and News Group access. Thought I might experiment and then switch to Outlook. Set it up, and, received reply on the test. I know it was working. Then tried to set up newsgroups. Followed directions as outlined in help. Last direction was to drag News to "Go". Finished ... went to go and selected News. All the News Groups I had earlier setup in OE came up. Played around looking at some posts. Then exited. Then when I went back to Go, News was no longer there. Completely disappeared. I am using Outlook 2003. Actually recopied a "Gh...

Group Header 06-02-07
How do you show or carry a Group Header over to the next page when the detail section goes to the next page on a report? Thanks DS DS wrote: >How do you show or carry a Group Header over to the next page when the >detail section goes to the next page on a report? Use the group header's RepeatSection property. -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] Marshall Barton wrote: > DS wrote: > > >>How do you show or carry a Group Header over to the next page when the >>detail section goes to the next page on a report? > > > > Use the group header's RepeatS...

Publisher defaults
Is there a way to change the document defaults for (1)zoom size at startup, and (2) do not hyphenate? I would like to have the zoom defaulted to 100% and they hyphenation defaulted to "off." Tools, language, hyphenation The Zoom cannot be defaulted. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Rebecca" <rebecca.bogorad@kpchr.org> wrote in message news:09a401c34d4e$a7fed730$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to change the document defaults for > (1)zoom size at startup, and (2) do not hyphenate? I > would like to have the ...

multiply value based on quantity
I am trying to calculate a discount price based on quantity purchased. For example if someone buys 20 widgets they pay $4.00 each for them, if they buy 50 widgets they pay $4.00 each for the first 20, then $3.50 each for the next 30, 100 widgets - $4.00 first 20, $3.50 next 30 and $3.25 for the other 50.............. Any hope? Here's a way with quantity in A2: =MIN(A2,20)*4+MAX(MIN(A2-20,30),0)*3.5+MAX(MIN(A2-50,50),0)*3.25 Regards, Per "Bigfoot3910" <Bigfoot3910@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:524D35AE-4524-46A3-A963-703CB385C7F...

increment a value by 1
How do I increment, automatically, a cell by 1 if a condition is met? If one of my cells reaches 10k I want another cell to increment by 1. Can anyone help me if this function can be done? Thank you, Ron Do you want the increment only when it changes from below 10K to above 10K, or anytime is is above 10K? -- Gary's Student "Workshops" wrote: > How do I increment, automatically, a cell by 1 if a condition is met? If one > of my cells reaches 10k I want another cell to increment by 1. Can anyone > help me if this function can be done? > Thank you, Ron Increm...

group data according to month/year
hi, i have two columns of data. one column has date in that and the other has value in it. I like to group them according to month/year and find the subtotal of each month in one year. I like to accomplish it without using pivot table. is that possible? Mosaddeq You could add a helper column with a formula like: =text(a2,"yyyymm") and then sort your data by this column. Then apply subtotals to the range using that helper column as the key. Mosaddeq Aziz wrote: > > hi, > > i have two columns of data. one column has date in that and the other has > value in ...

conditional formatting: separating rows with differing values
Hi, Need help with conditional fomatting. What I need: I got a worksheet with 950 rows and 5 columns. The first row contain the headers. Columns A, B, D and E contains unique values. But the column C contains text values which repeats sequentially for 6-7 rows and changes thereafter. Now I want to put up a line (using border) through the whole row dividing this transition row. My Idea: Compare C2 with C3, if equal do nothing. Then compare C3 with C4 and so on till 2 consequtive values differ. Now divide the 2 rows using the border formatting option in conditional formatting dialog box. So...

Word paragraph default
I can't seem to be able to change the default paragraph style. i have gone into word options, advanced and selected no spacing as default style. But it doesn't hold. Does anyone know how to fix this? If you are using Word 2007 and you want the look of Word 2003, do the following: Create a new, blank document. On the Home tab, click Change Styles | Style Set | Word 2003. Then click Change Styles | Set as Default. If/when you are prompted to save your Normal template, choose to do so. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "zoriana" <zoriana@discussion...

Setting series values on Excel Chart

Macro: Find matching DATA, copy correspondently values into another list
Okey guys - please advise me on this. (There was unfortunately no quick response to my latest problem - and I begun to swim... However - that brought me out on deep VBA-water...again - and now need a life buoy (metaphorical spoken)). The core of my macro problem is to look for all the values in column A (Range A5:A??) in Sheet "BOARD" (not bored!!!) that match values in another list placed in column A in sheet "LIST". When finding the match I will copy correspondent celle.value in column D / sheet "BOARD" into column B in sheet "LIST" - this w...