Option for fields to show up in datasheet view

Hello,

Since most people are more familiar with excel then access, my users prefer
to see it in datasheet view. However, since it could be too long, anyone can
help me how to make an option to show up only field that we can chose in the
form.

I remember there is a sample of database that has that one, but I do not
know where is it now. Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Frank
--
Frank Situmorang

Simplest solution might be to set the Visible property of the controls on
the form, based on the fields the user wants to see.

"Frank Situmorang" <FrankSitumorang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:F83293D0-A7C3-45F4-927B-6FAA769E9525@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
>
> Since most people are more familiar with excel then access, my users
> prefer
> to see it in datasheet view. However, since it could be too long, anyone
> can
> help me how to make an option to show up only field that we can chose in
> the
> form.
>
> I remember there is a sample of database that has that one, but I do not
> know where is it now. Please help.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Frank
> --
> Frank Situmorang

0
Allen

Frozen worksheet section to show on all other worksheets
I have created a "Navigation" tab that has buttons using macros that take you to all the other tabs in my workbook. I used VBA code to hide all my tabs except for the Navigation one. This way I can click on button that take you to the tab but its all seamless to the viewer and makes it more like a dashboard. The problem is that I have to keep going back to the dashboard to choose another tab or add all the buttons to every tab. Is there a way to permanently split the windows or show that appropriate area of the navigation page at the top of every tab so i have all...

To Record in Form View from Query
I have a query run from FORM view using a button. To view records associated with parameters built in the query. I would like to select the record and view it back in the FORM view and continue on editing from there. Is it possible to add a column in my query with this type of feature or something along those lines?! -- DrewBe Hi, people usually do this sort of thing with 2 forms. The first form allows a user to choose which record they want to edit. After they choose the record there will be a button to click or sometimes a double click which opens the second form with only the re...

show blank instead of #N/A
How would I ammend the statement below so that if there was no infomation to return the resulting text would show blank instead of #N/A? =INDEX(Schedule!$B$49:$B$102,MATCH("CKT2",Schedule!$C$49:$C$102,FALSE)) =IF(ISNA(MATCH("CKT2",Schedule!$C$49:$C$102,0)),"",INDEX(Schedule!$B$49:$B$102,MATCH("CKT2",Schedule!$C$49:$C$102,0))) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Sonya" <Sonya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6400C93-084D-4FA6-822F-2433FAAC0C26@microsoft.com... > How would I ammend the statement...

Using Delivery options to forward email to outside address
NT 4.0 Domain. Exchange 5.5. How can I configure an account to forward email to an outside email address such as a users home address. Thanks in advance James Set up a custom recipient for the external address. Use alternate delivery on the mailbox properties to deliver to the custom recipient. Then hide the custom recipient from the GAL if you wish. James Raaymakers wrote: > NT 4.0 Domain. Exchange 5.5. How can I configure an > account to forward email to an outside email address such > as a users home address. > > Thanks in advance > James Thank you very much. >...

Need help with a project sheet, need date to show/not show based o
Hello, I have the following formula in cell S2 =IF(B2="","",DATE(YEAR(B2),MONTH(B2),DAY(B2)+31)) This takes a date in cell B2 and adds 31 days to it and displays it. What I need to do is to NOT have cell S2 show any date if anything is in cell D2. I'm not very adept at Vis Basic if that what it will take to do it. Thanks Max Hi, No need for code =IF(OR(B2="",D2<>""),"",DATE(YEAR(B2),MONTH(B2),DAY(B2)+31)) Mike "Max" wrote: > Hello, > > I have the following formula in cell ...

How can I make "today" more visible in Monthly View? (Outlook2003)
Outlook 2003, Win XP (all latest patches) Hi How can I make it easier to see "today's date" in the Monthly View? (in Outlook 2003). On my PC, the date that is "today" is flagged with a dull grey highlight that is almost invisible - whereas on my friend's PC it is a nice bright orange! Any thoughts? Ship Shiperton Henethe P.S. Please excuse me if this post arrives twice - I believe the first attempt failed, but I can't be sure... ...

Clndr wk/mnth view: How to make "today" a differnet color?
Hello It is very difficult to visually see "today" since all dates have same background colour, especially in month view & week view. Is there any way of making "today's" box have a different background colour from the rest of the days shown? I have tried every search string I could to find this out, but could find nothing for outlook XP in Knowledge Base or on-line help Thank you for your help Tom ...

add number of duplicate fields in a row or column and have total
I have a log of jobs done on a photocopier, and need to bill people for what they have used. the log is very long and have the user name and the number of colour and number of Black and White copies they have done. I need to know how much colour and how much black and white jobs have been done by each user. hope someone know a way thanks or am I better to use Access ? J =SUMPRODUCT(($A$1:$A$20="Bill")*($C$1:$C$20)*ISNUMBER(FIND({"C","B"},$B$1:$B $20))*{3,2}) THe assumptions made People in A1:A20 Type in B1:B20, C for colour, B for B&W Quantity in...

How can i a resource to an Document/view application?
Hello, i am trying to add an dialog to Document/View application? but i cannt, how can i attach the dialog to the Document? is there a way? thanks cNetWork wrote: > Hello, > i am trying to add an dialog to Document/View application? but i > cannt, > how can i attach the dialog to the Document? is there a way? cNetwork: What does "attach the dialog to the Document" mean? If you have added a dialog template in the resource editor, then you must associate a CDialog-derived class with it. This class can be instanciated and displayed anywhere in your code (provided you...

Unable to view FilteredOpportunity View Data by Some Users
This problem seems a little bit bizarre! I am trying to access the CRM database through a special user (Using SQL Server Authentication - As CRM DB is set for Mixed Authentication Mode). This user has DBOwner priviliges on both the MSCRM and the METABASE CRM databases and is able to view all tables data. However, for the views, this user is able to view the data only for some views! After some investigation, I found that all CRM views that start with "Filtered..." are accessable by this user when he opens the view, but no data appears!!! Strange isn't it??!!! What'...

__cdecl; __stdcall FAR and other weird compiler options
I know that the difference between, _stdcall and __cdecl is the way argument are passed to function but when do you exactly use one or the other. Thanks mosfet wrote: > I know that the difference between, _stdcall and __cdecl is the way > argument are passed to function but when do you exactly use one or the > other. > > Thanks > > The critical issue is that caller and callee must use the same convention. Normally you do not specify either one - use the Win32 default (__stdcall) for your own functions and for calling API's. You must specify a calling con...

Choosing a field's record based on date
Hi. I am newish to Access and have a question. My friends familiar with Access don't know the answer to this one either. I feel like it is just on the tip of my brain but I can't get it. How can I select an item in a table based on the date? For example, an employee may have many hourly wages listed by date of hire and subsequent raises. How do I pick the right wage based on a given date? (Looking back at labor reports, I want to solve this question: On this day the employee worked 10.5 hours. What did he earn?) I have an employee list table and a linked wages table that show...

Converting text and listnum fields to multi-level lists
I have many documents with numbered paragraphs. They use a mixture of text, listnum fields and multi-level lists to achieve the numbering. How can I convert them all to multi-level lists using VBA? ...

Distribution list no longer showing up
We recently migrated from Exchange 2k to Exchange 2003, everything seem to run pretty smoothly from the migration, but now the Distribution Lists from AD are not showing up in our Outlook2003 clients. All the users show up fine, just not the DLs created in the AD. The funny thing is that when sending an email, I'll type a particular DL, (companyX-clerks) in the TO field, and it will recognize it and complete it for me, then I'll hit send and it goes to all users in that group. But yet, the DLs is not showing up at all. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Balance showing as #####
I have a simple set up - date - debit - credit - balance. My total has now gone to over 10,000 and it is showing up as ######## - how do I correct this in very simple terms please as someone helped me in setting this up and I am not too familiar with Excel 2003. Thanks.. "Terri" <terri@mylanusa.com> wrote in message news:e3XCGLAdJHA.1188@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have a simple set up - date - debit - credit - balance. My total has now >gone to over 10,000 and it is showing up as ######## - how do I correct >this in very simple terms please as someone helped ...

Setting Up A Query Showing Count Of Fields
Hi, I have a Query which has the following Fields. COMPANY ARRIVAL DEPARTURE In this Query the results displayed are as follows: COMPANY ARRIVAL DEPARTURE TCT 1-5-08 8-5-08 TCT 1-5-08 15-5-08 TCA 2-5-08 8-5-08 PRV 1-5-08 7-5-08 TCA 4-5-08 12-5-08 PRV 5-5-08 10-5-08 and so forth. I want to setup a query where on the top it has the dates as per day and to count as per each company per day. In other words something...

Creat a chart to show peak usage times for a resource
I'm no genius at Excel (2002 or 2003)and I could really use some help on the best way to display some data I have. What it shows is the usage of a training drop-in room, with details of the arrival time and period spent / per user / per day. There seems far too much data to put into a chart in any way that I can think of, but I really would like to be able to illustrate the spread and volume of clients throughout each day. Please can anyone give me simplistic information on how best to creat this as a visual report so that we can easily summarise usage information? Any ideas would be ap...

Sorting in a custom view not functioning as expected
I just can't shake the feeling this is a stupid question, but I can't seem to get it or find an appropriate Google response. I have saved a custom view for my tasks. In it, I have a custom sort set up for my tasks. (A custom field text field "Grouping" ascending, then "Status" descending, then "Due Date" ascending, if you want to know.) My problem is, it's often convenient to look at things by category, so I (and my little users) click on the "Category" heading to get a quick view of things sorted that way. Then, I want to...

Exchange 2003 Missing recipients in To Field
I have had complaints that people are sending emails to multiple recipients in my company. In the "To" field, they have 4 email address, but only two get the email. When I enable message tracking and find the email, on the recipent list, it only has the two email addresses. What happened to the other two?? When you open the received email, it has the four addresses on the To field. So why can't exchange see it?? Thank you On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 02:48:01 -0800, James Carter <JamesCarter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have had complaints that people ...

Shipping amount field in SQL table.
Good Morning To All, I have a customer who is having one of their internal programmers write an interface that will update GL accounts according to their finance department's needs. They are very specific. One of the things they need is the shipping amounts at a transaction level. I cannot find these amounts anywhere. I read somewhere else that in order for this amounts to be populated the ship to and the shipping carrier had to be filled in on the transaction. I tested it, and I still can't see the totals for the shipping charges. Does anyone know anything about this? THANKS! ...

Show required fields will not stay on
Has anyone else seen this situation or know how to correct it? We are using GP dynamics 7.5 on MSSQL. I can't seem to find a rhyme or reason as to what is changing this. Sometimes when I start out for the day, show required fields is on/marked, sometimes it is not. Sometimes when I change companies in dynamics, it turns off. Any help would be greatly appreciated in how to turn this on for a user and leave it on. ...

Field name derived from a string value returns a Run-time error 2465.
I have two labels on a form and want to populate them during the run time of my form. The name of the labels are "1" the other is called "2" (without the quotes of course). Field 1 runs OK but two returns a run-time error 2465. Of course, the real form is much bigger. A lot of fields called 1 through 31 are populated from within a loop. To simplify my question I down sized this post to two label fields. Any one know how to solve the problem with label "2"? Any help or hint is appreciated. ' This works OK Me![1].Caption = "abc"...

Outlook 2000 w/XP
We just got new email service. I have successfully configured every computer in the office with exception to one XP machine; I cannot find option to change email properties. Two other XP machines I navigate "tools-Email accounts". On this particular machine (with outlook 2000 ver 9.0.0.2711) I cannot find similar options....please help. Sincerely, Joe Mangano You may have a Tools > Services command, if so select this and then add a new service of type Internet Email. "JoeMan" <jmangano@naturestonefloors.com> wrote in message news:010f01c3d921$f3baf550$a10...

Something wrong when xml control is not showing data
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C60F88.8BCE9BA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I am using VB/ASP.net 2005. When I click submit it refreshes the page = without entering the data from all the text boxes and not entering in = the Game1.xml. here is the asp.vb code Imports System.Xml Partial Class _game1 Inherits Web.UI.Page ............... Protected Sub btnSubmit_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As = System.EventArgs) Handles btnSubmit.Click Dim xDoc As New XmlDocum...

How to turn off Page Layout View as default view
In Excel 2007 I have somehow turned on Page Layout View as my default view so that every time I open Excel or create a new workbook it is displayed in Page Layout View. I want it to open in Normal View by default. How do I change this? Thanks. -- Colin Halliday Hi Colin Click the Microsoft button (Large button top left of screen) Exel Options (Towards bottom right next to exit) Select Popular in left column (Normally defaults to this) Under "When creating new workbooks" heading. Click drop down against "Default view for new sheets" and select Normal view Regard...