Opening Access without Menus displayed

Access 97
I have created a simple data lookup form for a customer to look up his
own jobs in a shared database - there is only the one form in the
mdb(e) that auto-opens on application startup. I have unchecked all
the Startup functions etc.
The program auto-opens the form okay but there is the default menu bar
displayed across the top of the application window. The tool bars do
not show.

Is there a way to open the program and not show ANY menus as well?
My form close event also quits the application.

I intend to provide this as an mde.

Any ideas gratefully appreciated
Piri

0
Piri

Piri wrote:

>Access 97
>I have created a simple data lookup form for a customer to look up his
>own jobs in a shared database - there is only the one form in the
>mdb(e) that auto-opens on application startup. I have unchecked all
>the Startup functions etc.
>The program auto-opens the form okay but there is the default menu bar
>displayed across the top of the application window. The tool bars do
>not show.
>
>Is there a way to open the program and not show ANY menus as well?
>My form close event also quits the application.

    DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Menu Bar", acToolbarNo

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
On May 2, 7:19 am, Marshall Barton <marshbar...@wowway.com> wrote:
> Piri wrote:
> >Access 97
> >I have created a simple data lookup form for a customer to look up his
> >own jobs in a shared database - there is only the one form in the
> >mdb(e) that auto-opens on application startup. I have unchecked all
> >the Startup functions etc.
> >The program auto-opens the form okay but there is the default menu bar
> >displayed across the top of the application window. The tool bars do
> >not show.
>
> >Is there a way to open the program and not show ANY menus as well?
> >My form close event also quits the application.
>
>     DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Menu Bar", acToolbarNo
>
> --
> Marsh
> MVP [MS Access]

Thanks Marsh,

Cheers,
Piri

0
Piri

New to Access 2007
Hi, I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?) MDB. I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tables, forms, etc. But when I select a form, I can only open it; the option to Design the form is greyed out and the entire Forms tab in the Ribbon is greyed out too. Help! Thanks much, Glenn "Glenn H" <glenn@pivotal-z.com> wrote in message news:1187024333.492672.70330@q4g2000prc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?) > MDB. I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tabl...

How do I print a select number of address records from Access
I'm trying to print just a select number of records for a mailing that I'm doing. I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Thanks. On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 12:23:04 -0800, robbie6 <robbie6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm trying to print just a select number of records for a mailing that I'm >doing. I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Thanks. Create a Query based on the table containing the addresses (and perhaps other tables). View the query's Properties (with the View menu item, or rightclick the background behind the table icons and sele...

Outlook 2003 opens multiple instances
When I double click the desktop icon for outlook it opens twice or has two instances available in the task manager window. Once I disable or end these and reopen outlook it is fine. Also, we are currently running Viewmail and Viewfax from Active Voice. Any help would be grealty appreciated. Charles Garcia wrote: > When I double click the desktop icon for outlook it opens > twice or has two instances available in the task manager > window. Once I disable or end these and reopen outlook it > is fine. This happens randomly for me too. In fact, for a long time it used to a...

Format cell to display numbers instaed of ###'s
Not sure how to querry this in the KB.... but I want to be able to have a number such as 4 1/8 in a cell that is set at width less than what is required to display it properly. Same with a date/time entry. In cells where I'm entering text, the text will "spill" over if the adjoining cells are empty of data. No so with number's. How do I change it so it will display as 4 1/8 without widening the cell? If I place an apostrophe ' in front of the number, or format the cell as plain text it will work, but I really need to retain the numeric value. Thanks, David... ...

Calculate As of Date Check Book Opening Balance
Hi Is there any way to calculate as of opening and closing balance of a given check for Payments and Deposits Listing report Module = Banak Management Regards Irfan ...

new email not displayed after running scanpst
I am running Outlook 2003 and this morning I got an error that there were file errors in my Inbox and to run scanpst.exe. I ran the scanpst.exe and fixed the file. When prompted if I wanted to backup the old file I chose yes named the file OutlookRepair.bak. Now when I download my email the mail is taken off my email server and the mail is not being displayed in Outlook. I have checked my Data Files location and it is still showing the same location as before the error. I tried importing this file and got a message that the file i was trying to import was the same as the destinatio...

can not send without error code
Hi, kindly help me. Out of sudden I can not send my email, but I still can receive email. My outgoing email just sitting in the outbox. I try send and receive several times, there is no error code but they only receiving without even try to send I do not change anything in the setting and even truy to recheck all the setting (SMTP, etc) and everything still ok need your immediate response, many thanks in advance How to Remove a Stuck Undeletable Message in Windows Mail http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html WMUtil http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/De...

Zip codes in mail merge
Office 2007 - used spreadsheet to create an address list; zip codes appear correctly in spreadsheet but when using spreadsheet as a mail merge document, the first digit disappears in the zip code field, i.e., 05401 becomes 5401. =text(a1,"00000") or use Word field formatting codes: Mail merge Excel to Word: a.. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm b.. http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge c.. http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx d.. http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/CustomizingWord2002.htm e.. news:microsoft.publi...

Multiple workbooks open -- closing workbooks
Dear Clever People, I hope this is not the "silly question of the day". We were wondering (when you have multiple workbooks open and you close one workbook) why are all other workbooks forced to be closed, too? Is it possible to ever close one workbook and leave all the others open? Thank you, Janet Close it by going to file>close or by pressing Ctrl + F4 or by clicking the smaller X below the big red X -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Janet Panighetti" <JanetPanighetti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C9BC30B-BE1A-4605-B215-99C07CB1D366...

Backing up open database
Hi All, Two part question: can an open database be backed up (by the user who has it open) and if so, are there any issues associated with doing so? I have an Access 2000 database through which we crunch payroll data from a Progress database for the purpose of printing information not stored in the Progress database on check stubs. The Access database is not set up such that the users open it exclusively however, I have code in place that prevents a second user from opening the database if someone's already in. As part of the payroll processing, I have the payroll clerks notify me...

Power Point Viewer 2007 won't open ".pps" files
Using Windows 7, Home Premium, 32 bit. No Office 2007 installed. Using Microsoft Works. Have experienced several issues with Office PPT Viewer 2007. Cleared them, but additionally each time I try to open a .pps file, either from the Desktop or Windows Mail, I receive the following: "C:\Users|AMD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\TemporaryInternetFiles\content.IE5\E7D22GOW\Gathering of Mustangs and Legends2007.pps is not a valid Win32 application". I have opened this file many times on another computer, so don't think it is an issue with the file. The software has be...

can't get sheet to display after editing header
I was working on a spreadsheet in Excel 2007 that I had previously created in Excel 2003. When I edited the header in page layout and switch back to normal view my data disappeared. I can see the data in print preview, but don't know how to view it and work with it in normal view because in noraml view it is hidden. What am i doing wrong? Jas ...

Cannot seem to get views to display across entities
Using the ReadyServer. Created a view with Phone Calls as the source data I add column for the street1/2/3 of the regarding contact. The resulting view does not show the streets even though I know there is information populated. ...

Error - Did not CLose Before Exiting
I'm receiving an error.. "...did not close the file before exiting" Money needs to verify the information in your file When I click Yes I then recevie the error.... "The email address or Password is in correct" ....if you are opening an existing file, sign in without access to online services. I know the password is correct as I have not changed it and it works with an older version of this file(from 1-month ago). I've tried to repair the current file, but was unsuccessful How can I sign in offline? Hello: My recommendation is to restore a ...

opening multiple blank documents on start-up
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how I can open multiple blank documents on my (MDI) application's startup. (using VC++ 6.0) I've looked at the commandline info stuff, but it looks like I can only tell it to do one FileNew. Basically I just want, say, n new documents created (along with their views, presumably) when I start my program. Anyone have any ideas on how I might do this, or can suggest where I should look for answers? thanks! Brian In principle: make the doc template a member object in your app.h CMultiDocTemplate* m_pMyDocTemplate; use this pointer in the .cpp temp...

Do WIA scan without calling IWiaDevMgr->DeviceDlg()
I am trying to do a wia scan using the IWiaDevMgr, IWiaItem and IWiaDataTransfer Created the IWiaDevMgr as in the following code CComPtr<IWiaDevMgr> pWiaDevMgr hr = pWiaDevMgr.CoCreateInstance(CLSID_WiaDevMgr); then call the CreateDevice on that object with the correct device id hr=pWiaDevMgr->CreateDevice(str,&pItemRoot); and then i call DeviceDlg on the pItemRoot CComPtrArray<IWiaItem> ppIWiaItem; hr = pItemRoot->DeviceDlg( hWndParent, lFlags, lIntent, &ppIWiaItem.Count(), &ppIWiaItem ); make IWiaDataTransfer using the ...

Access 2000 or 2002 on Vista ?
Any known issues? Need a new laptop, looks like Vista is being dictated now. Thanks, There's no difference between the way Access 2000 and 2002 run on Vista. If you are using multiple versions of Access on the laptop, see: Errors using multiple versions of Access under Vista at: http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html If you are connecting the laptop to other machines that run Vista, watch out for this bug that destroys databases: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=935370 There's a hotfix here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935366/ -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP...

Can't access send/receive under mail setup
I am using Outlook 2003 with exchange. I want to add a pop3 account. The Pop3 account sends but won't receive (although the Outlook test message is fine). When I go to tools/options/mail setup and push the send/receive button, nothing happens. I have just installed a new hard drive. This worked on the old one, and on other computers. I have recreated the profile from scratch but I have the same problem. What's going on? Can someone help me? -- Thanks. Sammie SBS 2003, OFFICE 2003, XP-PRO-SP3, IE7 ...

Uninstalled 2007 Trial, now all docs don't open
I used the 2007 Trial and uninstalled it, and now my docs do not open in the 2003 Version that came on my computer from the beginning. Any ideas? I do not have the original CD. Did you save your files as .docx or .doc? If it's the former you need to go to Microsoft's site and download the 2007 compatibility pack for 2003. -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." "JenLy" <JenLy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79ABD79A-9164-4B20-AE07-013AD9DFE4F3@microsoft.com... ...

Starting MS Access
The command line I use includes the database name, and wrkgrp. It requires the user to enter a name and password when opening the database. The problem is if the user cancels the logon then the MS Access toolbar appears allowing the user to navigate (file/open) the same as if using Windows Explorer. This is a problem when the application is on a Citrix server. Any suggestions on how to have the default Access toolbar not appear if the user doesn't sign in using their name/password? I'd rather not use the run-time version. On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 13:29:01 -0800, Jay Myhre <Ja...

counting values in a column in Access
I am working on a database for help desk type calls. I have three call categories and would like a running total of how many of each call I recieve. These three values are located in one column of a table. What are my options to make this happen? Example: Date Call Type Problem 11/5 Equipment VCR doesn't work 11/6 Computer Monitor wont turn on 11/6 Media CD is scratched 11/7 Equipment TV has no volume I would like a report or something telling me that I have 2 Equipment calls 1 Computer Call 1 Media Call Use a Totals query. If build...

Zoom level in Access 2010
In all other office programmes I can set the zoom level for the document I am working on. Can't see how to do this for Access. I am entering data on a form which would all fit on the screen if I could reduce zoom to 85 or 90% Thanks everyone russweb wrote: > In all other office programmes I can set the zoom level for the document I > am working on. Can't see how to do this for Access. > I am entering data on a form which would all fit on the screen if I could > reduce zoom to 85 or 90% > > Thanks everyone Access has never supported zooming for a...

Access 2007 and windows 7
Under windows xp and vista, I could use a command line switch with access, but now I get an error. EXAMPLE: "c:\Consulting Tracking Program\Consulting Tracking.accdb" /compact [Now I get a message box saying that thier was a problem sending the command to the program.] Thanks OD -- Looking to make money at selling items on the web? Give us a try at www.your-best-auctions.com. We are economical and cheaper then our competitors. To unsubscribe, please reply with unsubscribe in the subject line. "OD" <OD@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

how can i copy a document to a CD without making it read only?
HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? You can't. It is not the file, but the media, that is read only. Even CD-RW media does not allow editing a file on the CD. Copy te file from CD to HD, mak edits and if a CD-RW you should be able to burn the edited file back to the CD. hth "DON" wrote: > HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? ...

Hyperlinks don't open properly
When I click on a hyperlink in Excel 2003 the link opens Internet Explorer but all I get is a blank white page. If I copy and paste the link into IE it works just fine. I'm stumped. It worked until my wife used excel. She said she clicked on a ecurity question and ever since the links don't open properly -- Gdog ...