Open the Linked Table Manager from Button (?)

Is there a way to open the Linked Table Manager from a
button click?

--
Thanks,
croy

croy wrote:

>Is there a way to open the Linked Table Manager from a
>button click?

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdLinkedTableManager

Even if that does what you ask, you should never expose thw
link table manager to users.  If they are not experts in
linking tables, they can make a serious mess of things.

Way better for you to use code to do the (re)linking based
on a user selected file path.  To select file/path see:
	http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm

Then to relink the tables to a single db, you could use the
code in this article:
	http://www.mvps.org/access/tables/tbl0009.htm
Or, especially if the table are in more than one db, these
articles:
	http://dfenton.com/DFA/download/Access/Reconnect.html
	http://www.mvps.org/access/tables/tbl0012.htm

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Put this in the code for the button:

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdLinkedTableManager

--
Daryl S

"croy" wrote:

> Is there a way to open the Linked Table Manager from a
> button click?
>
> --
> Thanks,
> croy
> .

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 11:52:57 -0600, Marshall Barton
<marshbarton@wowway.com> wrote:

>Even if that does what you ask, you should never expose thw
>link table manager to users.  If they are not experts in
>linking tables, they can make a serious mess of things.

I certainly appreciate that thought, but the only other user
for this db is my boss, and he wants it there!  ;-)

>Way better for you to use code to do the (re)linking based
>on a user selected file path.  To select file/path see:
>	http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm
>
>Then to relink the tables to a single db, you could use the
>code in this article:
>	http://www.mvps.org/access/tables/tbl0009.htm
>Or, especially if the table are in more than one db, these
>articles:
>	http://dfenton.com/DFA/download/Access/Reconnect.html
>	http://www.mvps.org/access/tables/tbl0012.htm

Thanks.  I'll keep that info on hand.

--
croy
0
<DarylS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Croy -
>
>Put this in the code for the button:
>
>DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdLinkedTableManager

Thanks Daryl!  I never thought of that syntax.

--
croy
0

missing buttons #2
I just installed the new Office 2003 edtion. I went into e-mails and my send button and now my paper clip button are missing. I've checked in where you can add buttons but they're not in their either. What can I do to find them. Are you using Word as your e-mail editor? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:4E889BAD-E127-4AF8-BC98-7AB117D0B90B@microsoft.com, Sharon wrote: > I just installed the new Office 2003 edtion. I went into e-mail...

Junk button in windows live accidently pressed
Whenever I open up WLM i press sync automatically as a bad habbit. Because of the loading time, the junk button usually gets inserted before the sync button, pushing it out to the right after its loaded. I therefore accidently press the junk button by accident sometimes. This is a classic Microsoft HCI problem. Surely the button should be there but greyed out when you cant click it. Having buttons moving around in menus is bad in the same way popups are bad. So break your bad habit WLM will sync automatically when 1st opened peter -- If you find a posting or message...

Problems saving a worksheet with Links
Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue ... I have a directory which contains 129 worksheets which have links to external data (in a Master Spreadsheet) -- I need to copy these files into a New Directory, but kee the Master Spreadsheet (which they are linked to) in the original location. If I do a simple Cut & Past, the Reference Link to the Master Spreadsheet gets moved to the New Directory (where the file does not exist), but if I open the worksheet (in the original directory/location) and Save As to the New Directory, the worksheet saved in the New Directory maintains its link t...

links in emails
When I try to open a link included in an email nothing happens? Hi, This problem can be caused by several different things. Do you receive an error message when you click on a hyperlink, or does nothing happen at all? Can you use hyperlinks in other programs, such as Word? Please have a look at the following Knowledge Base articles to see if these resolve your problem. 177054.KB.EN-US OLEXP: Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not Start Web Browser You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;177054 257464.K...

Pivot Table Question #15
Hey all, Love pivot tables but i have a question, the table is set up as so Month Pallet# BoxesPur BoxesSold Price Frt Gross Net Jan 1 5 1.0 ..3 Formula Formula 2 5 2.0 .5 3 10 3 .15 Jan Total 10 10 6.0 ..95 So, the problem is in the Jan Total row, is there a way...

Outlook 2002 SP3- Runtime Error when opening Outlook
I'm getting a runtime error- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library / Program C:/Program Files/ microsoftoffice/ office10 /outlook.exe. This App has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusal way. This only happen the first time I open Outlook for the day. It shuts down, then I can reopen it and all is fine. I have try to debug it and the detect & repair option in the help tab. Any help is Appreciated! ...

Integration Manager need a registration key for test company?
Hi all, Can anyone tell if I need the registration key for IM if I am doing some testings on Test company (World Online)? Also, can I specify the company database in IM for the data to import to? Please advise. Thanks You do not need a reg key for the Two Company, and if you are using the standard adapter the data will integrate into the Company that is open in Great Plains. You can Specify which database you want to integrate into by using the SQL Optimizer. You do not need great Plains open for this adapter. "Terry" wrote: > Hi all, > > Can anyone tell if I nee...

Integration of its Retail Management System
Hello: Microsoft Enhances Integration of its Retail Management System with Great Plains and Small Business Financials Where I can obtain to information or "DEMO" of as it is or as Retai Managment Systems works the integration of Great Plains Systems. Thanks, Wilfredo RMS integrates with Great Plains. It will create a batch that can then be posted to the gl. Fee free to contact me if you would like an on-line demo. info@logicalsolutionsllc.com "Wilfredo De Jesus" wrote: > Hello: > > Microsoft Enhances Integration of its Retail Management System with Gre...

Pay code update with Integration Manager
I am trying to do a Pay Code update for all employees using Integration Manager using the General Payroll Update. I am able to get the standard Pay Codes to update, but cannot seem to get the "Based On" Pay Codes to update. When I log into GP and view the Employee Maintenance and Go To Pay Codes, I see the standard update. However the Based On Pay Codes remain the old rates unless I select select the Pay Code and simply click Ok. Then the update automatically is brought in. How can I get these updates to take without having to visit each of the Based On Pay Codes and sele...

Failed to open mmf error appears
A pop up window appears with the message 'failed to oepn mmf'. I assume it is referring to Microsoft mail format. What could be triggering this error. What version of Outlook, and when do you see this error? EllenB wrote: > A pop up window appears with the message 'failed to oepn > mmf'. I assume it is referring to Microsoft mail format. > > > What could be triggering this error. >-----Original Message----- >What version of Outlook, and when do you see this error? > >EllenB wrote: >> A pop up window appears with the message 'fail...

Autofilter reset button
I recently saw a spreadsheet (don't have the file) that used an Autofilter for the column titles on a freezed pane. Very standard set-up that most of you are well aware of. The big difference is that a Form-type button coupled with a macro was set-up to reset all Autofilters in use. All you did was press the button, named "Reset Filters" and voila - every user-defined Autofilter was reset back to the "All" setting. How can I replicate the same thing? Actually, I think you can record that macro. http://www.officearticles.com/excel/record_a_macro_in_microsoft_e...

MS Outllook 2003 with Business Contact Manager Backup/Restores
Need some help with what the procedure is to backup Business Contact Manager data from a single user license system and restore it on another backup system I have. This needs to include the opportunities and other data linkages made on the system being backed up. Tried doing an export / import but based on some info I saw on the MS Office Web site this won't work! Would appreciate any help! There is a backup/restore function for the BCM database on the file menu. -- Guy Lapierre www.forefrontbusinesssolutions.com "WHY" <Hnyda@mindspring.com> wrote in message n...

Retrieving sorted data from same table.
Hi All, I am working on a table (mentioned below) I am looking for a query which can get me the data according to the =93id=94 column with respect to speed. The condition is that I have to get three consecutive entries which have speed > 60 Below is the sample table with data on which I have to retrieve the data on above condition. The output i need can be as given below DVXC002 12/10/09 0:12 96 DVXC002 12/10/09 18:40 89 DVXC002 12/10/09 19:43 65 DVXC005 12/10/09 11:56 69 DVXC005 12/10/09 15:26 62 DVXC005 12/10/09 17:35 85 Need your help urgently....Thanks in advan...

Comma Style button
How do I use the comma style button on the tool bar? I'd like to make 32759 look like 32,759 without adding in the comma and copy the formula to the rest of the column of numbers. I selected the cell I'd like to change, by using the mouse, then selected the comma button on the tool bar and received ##### as the answer. If you could send back a reply, I'd appreciate it. thanks so much. Lisa, Making the column bigger might help with that. This (#####) is Excel's way of telling you the data is too big to be displayed in the current column. Chris "Lisa" <naut...

help needed on multiple option buttons
Hi, I am trying to use option buttons in a few different locations in Excel. In one cell i want three options and three different buttons. In another locations, two options with their own two buttons. However, the 5 buttons act as 5 linked options, so i can only have one or another button selected at a time. I would like one of the first three selected and one of the next two and so on. Can anybody help me work out how to resolve this. Thanks, If you used optionbuttons from the Forms toolbar, put a nice groupbox (also from the forms toolbar) around each group. If you use optionbuttons ...

Mastering Great Plains Tables
Greetings, Does anyone have or know where I can acquire a detailed document detailing every single Great Plains table? I've used the data dictionary on and off over the years and have familiarity with a decent number of the important tables that are critical to my work, but is there something a little more detailed so that I can get at least a cursory understanding of *all* the tables? I'm thinking of creating a flash card for each table and on the back writing a brief sysnopsis of what it's used for, then regularly quizing myself. Failing anything else, I'll probably use th...

Task requests lacking "Accept" button
In Outlook 2003 (SP2, all updates) on my notebook, the task requests that I receive are lacking the clickable button to accept or reject them. If I poll the same task requests on my desktop machine, they do show the missing buttons. I tried scanpst.exe and a new profile, but in vain. Similar behavior of task requests was reported in this group repeatedly, recently in http://groups.google.de/group/microsoft.public.outlook/browse_thread/thread/5eafcfdd852be150/955da670ca93e396?hl=de&lnk=st&q=#955da670ca93e396 What can I do? Salut, Aristide On 7 Nov., 00:31, Aristide de la Tanne <a...

Email links open to My Documents
When I go to my blue hyperlinks in Outlook 2003, instead of being taken to the website, I am taken to my own My Documents....when I right click, I cannot copy and paste because the copy is grayed out. I really need to repair this ASAP and would appreciate any help. I am using Office 2003 and Windows XP Pro. Thank you! Try rebooting your system >-----Original Message----- >When I go to my blue hyperlinks in Outlook 2003, instead of being taken to >the website, I am taken to my own My Documents....when I right click, I >cannot copy and paste because the copy is grayed out. &...

Pivot table Data field question
I create a pivot table from three columns of data, using the Wizard.In the Layout dialogue, I drag one of my fields to the Rows; I drag anther field to the Columns. I need to drag a third field to the Data area. There's no conflict there, each Data cell of the resulting matrix would be unique. Excel doesn't let me do this. It insists on using a calculation, e.g. Sum of [field3], Count of [field3], etc. How do I convince Excel to insert just the value of Field3 in the Data? -- Regards Gershon Shamay The field you drag to the data area will always be summarized. However, if the v...

Can't open html format email in outlook xp
Dear all , I can't open and create html format emails in outlook XP . I think I lost some html and RTF components , I tried to reinstall the outlook xp and selected all the related options , but still can't work. Could anyone help me to solve the problem? Thank in advance Stanley ...