open a form at a certain time

I have a form that has a "time" field set to a numeric value. The user
inputs a value in this field that is actually a "minute" value that is
required by the user for the program to trigger a reminder form to
open.  ie. they set the value to 15 if they want to be reminded in 15
minutes etc. Once this setting is made the program updates another
field with the start time ,which is now(). So the user is basically
saying 15 min from now remind me to do something by opening another
form.

What i am having difficulty with is the timer function. How do i get
the program to look at the time field and compare it to the now()
setting and open the form i want when the 15 mins have past???

I know calendar has a reminder / tasks feature but for various reasons
i need something directly tied to access.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tks
STeve

0
fishqqq

fishqqq@hotmail.com wrote:
>I have a form that has a "time" field set to a numeric value. The user
>inputs a value in this field that is actually a "minute" value that is
>required by the user for the program to trigger a reminder form to
>open.  ie. they set the value to 15 if they want to be reminded in 15
>minutes etc. Once this setting is made the program updates another
>field with the start time ,which is now(). So the user is basically
>saying 15 min from now remind me to do something by opening another
>form.
>
>What i am having difficulty with is the timer function. How do i get
>the program to look at the time field and compare it to the now()
>setting and open the form i want when the 15 mins have past???
>
>I know calendar has a reminder / tasks feature but for various reasons
>i need something directly tied to access.
>
>any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Tks
>STeve

You need to use the OnTimer event of another form.  There you check for time
elapsed using DateDiff and then open your second form.  the values are in
milliseconds, so you could do something at like 60,000 (once per minute).

PieterLinden
3/28/2010 3:29:39 PM
I had a similar problem. I would solve it this way:

1. declare a Public variable named 'datNow' in a module
2. on the 'on click' event of the button to start the timer fill this
variable with 'now()' and put the form's Timer property to 60000 which means
: check every minute
3. In the 'in timer' event pu codet: if Minutes(now() - datNow) >= 15 then
DoCmd.Openform "xxx", which means: if the difference between now and the
start time (contained in variable datNow) is bigger or equal to 15,
expressed in minutes, then open form xxx
4. do not forget to put the Timer property back to 0 fter opening the form

Hope this is a bit usefull to you
Good luck

Vincent

<fishqqq@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> I have a form that has a "time" field set to a numeric value. The user
> inputs a value in this field that is actually a "minute" value that is
> required by the user for the program to trigger a reminder form to
> open.  ie. they set the value to 15 if they want to be reminded in 15
> minutes etc. Once this setting is made the program updates another
> field with the start time ,which is now(). So the user is basically
> saying 15 min from now remind me to do something by opening another
> form.
>
> What i am having difficulty with is the timer function. How do i get
> the program to look at the time field and compare it to the now()
> setting and open the form i want when the 15 mins have past???
>
> I know calendar has a reminder / tasks feature but for various reasons
> i need something directly tied to access.
>
> any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Tks
> STeve

0
vincent

Convert to time
How would I go about converting 8.00 to 8:00:00 AM in excel. Can this be done? Floyd Forbes Wrote: > How would I go about converting 8.00 to 8:00:00 AM in excel. > Can this be done? Hi Floyd If A1 contains 8.00 format A2 to Time, then input =(A1/24)+A1 oldchippy : -- oldchipp ----------------------------------------------------------------------- oldchippy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1990 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57380 Divide by 24 and format as time. =a1/24 (8.50 will convert to 8:30 ...

Convert a number to a time
I have the following number 232.5 which is 232 hours and 0.5 of an hour. I want to convert this to 232 hours and 30 minutes or 232:30. How can i do this? I know i need to multiply the decimal by 60, but how can i perform a calculation on just the decimal part of a number and not the whole number? Depending what you wish to do excel stores times as well as dates as numbers, with 1 being a full day. An option is to divide everything by 24 and use a custom format of dd hh:mm although this will express the hours as days and hours It depends what you want to do really -- Dav --------------...

Time series #2
I have several tabs for different dates with data in it. Colomn contains the time in format 13:30:30. For my project, I require to know the number of data points in variou time series, pls see below. 7:30:00 8:30:00 8:30:00 9:30:00 9:30:00 10:30:00 10:30:00 11:30:00 11:30:00 12:30:00 12:30:00 13:30:00 13:30:00 14:30:00 14:30:00 15:30:00 15:30:00 16:00:00 I tried countif and if function but could not come up with the results PLS HELP. If I have to do it manually then I am dead..... -- mohitmahaja ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mohitmahajan's ...

Using Access 2007 to open ADP files from Access 2003
I have a few ADP files created in Access 2003 that connect to a SQL Server 2000 database. They have a lot of complex forms, reports, and extensive VBA code. I just upgraded to Windows Vista and Office 2007 through MSDN, and when I open the ADP files in Access 2007, they are excruciatingly slow and sometimes seem to choke entirely when loading some forms. Does anyone else have this problem or know what to do about it? Hi Scudder, I posted a comment a few days ago noting slowness of Access 2003 and 2007 with Vista in just running queries. So far there have been no responses. Hopefull...

Excel 97 worksheet with macros won't open in Excel 2000
I've got a workbook saved in Excel 97 that has some embedded macros (not sure where-we don't really need them). When trying to open from Excel 2000, get error message "An error occurred while initializing the VBA libraries (126)" and the workbook won't open. Any ideas on how to make this work in 2000? Or maybe even find where the macros are and get rid of them? Thanks, Marion ...

Search Form 11-19-09
I have created a search form that has unbound text boxes to search the database. There are fields for SSN's, FEIN's and a permit number. When I search on any of these numbers I get multiple records even though these records are all unique? Any pointers will help, I wish I could load the database here. thanks On Nov 20, 8:54=A0am, Dave <davidstev...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have created a search form that has unbound text boxes to search the > database. There are fields for SSN's, FEIN's and =A0a permit number. > When I search on any of these numbers I...

Reservation Form
I have an active website for my business. I built it in Frontpage 2002. It no longer will send email through the settings I used ( Reservation form) and I cannot get it to take any of the settings I give it. I do not think that my knowledge is sufisticated enough. And, I don't think that I am entering the information completely enough. I am using a simple form with a single enter button. Can you help? May be possible. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "FrontPage 2002 on windows XP" <FrontPage200...

Form Based Auth.
Hi All, I have checked the option to use form based authentication but I don't get the web page login - still the pop up login box. I have restarted IIS. This is all internal at the moment till i get the forms working. Any ideas. Regards Joe. Do you have "require SSL" checked on the Exchange (and Public) virtual directories in IIS? Have you tried going to the https:// site manually? Forms-based auth only works with SSL. If you haven't required SSL and you go to the http page, it will still work just fine and will pop up the login box. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP ...

Multi-field search form
Hi there, I am rather new to this place, so I would like to thank you all up front for any and all assistance you may provide. :) It has been a while since I worked with MS Access last. What I am trying to do is create a multi-field search form, where any of the fields can be filled which will display a result set. Preferably if no selection in the fields is made, the entire resultset should be shown - this is not a requirement, though. I seem to be a bit at a loss on how to procede with this task or to find any resources to help me get along. Again, thanks for any and ...

Stop advancing in form with the "next" arrow at end of "list"
I have an editable form for users where they can query by date, etc. However, the next entry arrow allows them to advance beyond the result. For example, if their query resulted in 1 of 4, they can still click to 5, 6, and so on which only adds blank lines to the database table. How do I set this to stop at the last entry of their original query? You can cancel adding new records like this: Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer) Cancel = True End Sub Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Duchess" <Duchess@discuss...

Trigger Macro on Open Spreadsheet
How can we force a macro to execute whenever a spreadsheet is first opened? Hi do you mean the file? If yes either name your macro Auto_Open() or put your code in the workbook event Workbook_Open() -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Beckie Davis wrote: > How can we force a macro to execute whenever a spreadsheet > is first opened? ...

Detailed Time Sheet (overtime, comp time, vacation used)
I need to track in time, out time, in time, out time, overtime, vacation totals (received/used), comp received, comp used, and so. I would recommend to write all the headers on row 1, and start entering the data on row 2. Any column that is a calculation, enter a formula (for example, if column E is the difference of column D and C, enter "=D2-C2") and format the cells as you want the data to be presented (date/time, number, etc.) Hope this helps, Miguel. "Robert D. Sandersfeld" wrote: > I need to track in time, out time, in time, out time, overtime, vacation ...

I don"t office,but need Excel or some part of it to open a web pag
help me I don't won't to load all of office "cowboy" wrote: > help me I don't won't to load all of office Hi you can buy Excel as separate product. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "cowboy" <cowboy@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5B015950-A7AC-49D0-9386-7EFFF9B9404D@microsoft.com... > help me I don't won't to load all of office Hi, When about to load office, choose custom. You can then choose when to load certain parts. You can install them when you use them the first time. The installer will ask ...

How do I open a .pub file in publisher?
A customer sent me a .pub file. I had 97 version to no avail. Bought 2003 to no avail. How can I open the unknown version in an application with internal inconsistancy. I believe the current version of Publisher, 2003 will open all previous versions of Publisher files. Publisher 2003 requires Windows 2000 or XP. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Oscar" <Oscar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2829F96-69EC-4E36-92A4-AD2A552F8101@microsoft.com... >A customer sent me a .pub file. I had 97 version to no avail. Bought 2003 >to > no avail. How can I open the...

Suddenly not able to save new or open previous files with name lengths over 45 characters
I'm using Excel 2003 if it matters ... I'm wondering if there is a known bug/issue on this. For what ever reason, when I try to save a new file (or for that matter open something done previously) with a name that has more than 45 characters or so (might be off by a couple), I get message that it can't save and then gives me a bunch of reasons (file path might not exist, might have too many characters, folder might be read only, etc). I know file exists in the folder I'm checking - I can email myself the file and open from the email so its definitely there! Any sane insight? ...

Convert Time
Hello, In one cell I have the time showing (2:45:59 PM). In another cell I would like to input a formula that will convert the time into a text cell showing military time. Thanks in advance for the help. Depends on what you call "military time" Anyway, in the new cell, insert the formula: =A1 assuming that the original time is in A1 Then format custom as hh:mm:ss or hhmmss -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A87A835-1AEE-4276-85DD-59C7152DBB91@microsoft....

Money 2006 freeze on opening a file
I have been helping a friend of mine setup his new computer, and everything has gone fairly smoothly except for using Money. He used to use Money 2000 on a Windows 98 machine, and Money 2006 was purchased for use with the new Windows XP machine. We are running into problems periodically when opening a file. Sometimes when trying to open a file, when another is already open, Money will just freeze up. This does not happen all of the time, and it does not seem to happen with any certain file. I have searched around a bit on Microsoft's Knowledge Base but have not been able to find...

Which 'event' to run pivot chart formatting code on file open?
Greetings I have code to change my pivot chart type to a mix of line and column also to refomat colours I need to run the code so that the user sees the changes when the file is opened Ive tried the 'workbook open' event and the chart activate event but noy joy so far. (Once the file is open, manualy triggering the code works perfectly) Any ideas? Thanks I don't know why workbook_open doesn't work. You could use Application.OnTime to run your code a short time (like 2 sec) after the workbook opens. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://Peltier...

How to "load" customized Accounts form?
I made what appeared to be a simple modification to the default Accounts form but my change doesn't want to show up. A little detail: On the "New Account" form, there is a field called "Relationship Type" and it presents a pick list with a number of choices. Using the "Customize Form" link under "Settings|System Customization|Accounts", I highlighted the "Relationship Type" field and clicked on "Change Properties" (under "Common Tasks"). From the "Values" tab of the Properties dialog, I added two new values ...

Windows 2003 Server as Authoritative Time Server
Hello, How do I make my W2K3 PDC as an authoritative Time server for my domain? I have a GPS based time sync solution on my PDC. I have tried all solutions on the net, but none seems to work. The clients are not able to get any valid servers. Any help will be appreciable. Thanks Jagsrao ...

Difference in Times
This is my first post so hello everyone and thankyou in advance for any assistance you can provide. The diffuclty I am having is as follows: I have a spreadsheet containing two times 8:45 and 9:45 I need to find the difference in the two times as a decimal but also as a fraction of an hour.. for these times the answer I need is 0.25 not 0.15. i.e. a quarter of an hour Can anyone help? -- bcbjork ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bcbjork's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26665 View this thread: http://...

open other users mailboxes on server
we are running windows server 2003 with exchange 2003 (both on the same box). Is there a way to open others peoples mailboxes while at the server console?? It would be very handy to be able to do this. Thanks Dan... Not unless you use OWA. Opening a mailbox is a client function. As such, you must use a mail client to do this. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Dan S." <DanS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71E9B69A-E70B-42B7-89C2-AF75DCAADF2F@microsoft.com... > we are running windows server 2003 with exchange 2003 (both on the same > box). > Is ...

Hello,this is my first time to post article here. #2
Hello,this is a public about money,but my english is poor,so I don't understand the article content here very much. Can anyone introduce here in simple English to me?Thanks! ...

combining info on to a form
Have a question and do not how to do this. What I am trying to do is pretty hard to explain but here I go. I have a table that has a units mtoe in it with fields like duty title/description/req personnel for that postion and required personnel for that postion. What I did was take that and broke it down to where each postion is only req one person. Know here comes the tricky part. is there a way to go on the form and combined the postion back together again so it looks just like the mtoe. If you need more info please let me know. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Thu, ...

auto update form
I have two fields on my form - RevisonDate and ReviewDate. The default value for RevisionDate is set to =Date(). This works fine. I then set the default vaule for the ReviewDate to =[RevisionDate]+60. This ONLY works if I manually type in the RevisionDate. I know I need a requery somewhere and I have tried it on the form and different fields, but it is not working. Where should I add the requery????? Or do I need to remove the default for ReviewDate and just have code to populate the field on close? Not sure. You can't use a default value that is based on a calcula...