Not saving records till "save" command button clicked

If you are in a form and adding information, then close out or go to a new
for it just saves the record as long as all applicable fields are filled out.
Is there a way to only have a record save if a command button is clicked?

szag

If you simply hide the form instead of closing it, I think that will prevent
the save.

"szag via AccessMonster.com" <u2885@uwe> wrote in message
> If you are in a form and adding information, then close out or go to a new
> for it just saves the record as long as all applicable fields are filled
> out.
> Is there a way to only have a record save if a command button is clicked?

Jeanette
4/30/2010 10:54:17 PM
I have a similar problem where I have a picklist of Groups which populates
another picklist of Members with the main body of the form showing the Member
details. If the Group contains no Members the member details are blank i.e.
its a new record. If I then pick another Group Access inserts a new record
with all the fields blank. (The primary key is an autonumber.)
What I want is for Access to only save a record when I clik on my save button.

"Jeanette Cunningham" wrote:

> If you simply hide the form instead of closing it, I think that will prevent
> the save.
>

> Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia
>
> "szag via AccessMonster.com" <u2885@uwe> wrote in message
> > If you are in a form and adding information, then close out or go to a new
> > for it just saves the record as long as all applicable fields are filled
> > out.
> > Is there a way to only have a record save if a command button is clicked?
> >
> > --
> >

> .

Tommo,
post back with more details about the tables involved in this form,
picklists and subform to enable us to get a better idea of what you are
doing.

"Tommo" <Tommo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a similar problem where I have a picklist of Groups which populates
> another picklist of Members with the main body of the form showing the
> Member
> details. If the Group contains no Members the member details are blank
> i.e.
> its a new record. If I then pick another Group Access inserts a new record
> with all the fields blank. (The primary key is an autonumber.)
> What I want is for Access to only save a record when I clik on my save
> button.
>
> "Jeanette Cunningham" wrote:
>
>> If you simply hide the form instead of closing it, I think that will
>> prevent
>> the save.
>>

>> Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia
>>
>> "szag via AccessMonster.com" <u2885@uwe> wrote in message
>> > If you are in a form and adding information, then close out or go to a
>> > new
>> > for it just saves the record as long as all applicable fields are
>> > filled
>> > out.
>> > Is there a way to only have a record save if a command button is
>> > clicked?
>> >
>> > --
>> >

>> .

0
Jeanette

How do I extract and save a list of email addresses in Outloook?
How do I extract and save a list of email addresses in certain folders in Outlook? I am in a discussion list for chiropractors and I save all the email messages in a folder in Outlook. I want to extract all the various email addresses from other chiropractors and save the list of email addresses in a word document. Thanks. Grady Add the addresses to your Contacts as you get them. Right click on each address and Add to Contacts. Export to an Excel spreadsheet. "Grady" wrote: > How do I extract and save a list of email addresses in certain folders in > Outlook? I a...

How do I create and html page and save it as stationery?
I am trying to create a more appealing 'monthly' email blast; with our company logo and some text as a static image. But we would also like the chance to change out links to spec sheets and product image. I've recieved emails from other people that when opened look just like their web page, how dod i do that even? Gretchen <Gretchen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to create a more appealing 'monthly' email blast; with our > company logo and some text as a static image. But we would also like > the chance to change out links to spec she...

Recovering a file that not saved
Is it possible to recover a excel workbook that was not saved when created? ...

Why doesn't Excel allow conditional formats to be saved after cer.
Why doesn't Excel allow me to save conditional formatting after about row 1000? This is the ERROR MESSAGE: Excel couldn't save all data and formatting you recently added to [filename]... I don't know. But you may find that it will if you use the same conditional formatting for the whole column. Is that possible? Guatama100 wrote: > > Why doesn't Excel allow me to save conditional formatting after about row 1000? > > This is the ERROR MESSAGE: Excel couldn't save all data and formatting you > recently added to [filename]... -- Dave Peterson ...

Publisher 2000 cannot save, not enough memory.
After creating a 5 to 30 page project with 2 photos on each page with captions for each photo, when trying to save it will say not enough memory try another drive, but it will end up crashing without saving. This happens in Win 98 and Win XP opening across a network with a server drive with 20gigs free and 25 gigs free on the local drive. -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Are you saving to the local drive? Publisher does not do well saving to a network drive. You should save locally and copy over to the network. PUB2000: Cannot Save Publication After You Lose Network Connectio...

document not saved/read-only
Hi, I am setting up an intrant using iis 5 and am being driven mad by saving excel files. I have posted before but the problem has now changed as after configuring url scan when a user tries to save an excel file they either get the 'document not saved' or the cannot save file read-only' error message. I have looked at permissions, the isur account and checked the space on the target drive. Any clues would be gratefully received! TIA Sarah FWIW I am not a server person, but have seen problems like thi mentioned and solved by disabling server file caching. This ca evident...

can I lock a spreadsheet so if any changes are made must be save with new name?
I'm building a spreadsheet but when I get done I don't want anyone to change it or fill it with data and then can't use it again later. What's the best way to do that? Brad Save it as Read-only or save the original as a Template. New workbooks will be based upon the Template and the original will not be altered. I would go with the second method. File>Save As>File Type> MS Excel Template(*.xlt) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 15 May 2007 13:33:46 -0500, "Brad" <bs@imhere.com> wrote: >I'm building a spreadsheet but when I get done I ...

why does right click on row bring up save as?
In Excel, I used to be able to right click on the left side of a column on a worksheet and it would select the entire row. I could then copy the contents to another worksheet. Now when I right click, the Save As box opens. I don't know what happened to change that and how to make it stop. Please help. I'm using Excel 2002 SP-1. Hi newbie consultant Try this Maybe you have a corrupt or bloated xlb file *normal* size is < 30 kb. The .xlb file has all Toolbar customization in it. 1. Close Excel 2. Do a search for .xlb in Windows (Use: search hidden files and folders) 3. ...

Disable IBF Save to CRM dialog
Is there a way to prevent the Save to CRM dialog appearing everytime you close a spreadsheet after using the IBF for CRM? ...

How to save MS Oulook email to eml file type.
Can outllook save email to *.eml format? Then send this file to other who use outllook express to open eml file. "Pleo" <pleoel@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e3h7hBItHHA.3796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Can outllook save email to *.eml format? Then send this file to other who > use outllook express to open eml file. Ok, I'll ask the obvious question. If you have to send the file... why not just forward the email? -- f.h. Pleo <pleoel@hotmail.com> wrote: > Can outllook save email to *.eml format? No, but you could import Outlook's messages...

Excel auto opens last saved file.
How do I stop excel from opening the last file that was saved prior to closing Excel? There has to be a check box some where, right?? This isn't usual behavior. Where are you storing this file and how are you starting excel? Ducky wrote: > > How do I stop excel from opening the last file that was saved prior to > closing Excel? > There has to be a check box some where, right?? -- Dave Peterson ...

Error message: Unable to save / open free/busy information
I have started to get an error message "Unable to save free/busy information. Unable to open the free/busy information." every time I create a new appointment. This just started this weekend. I have tried starting outlook with the /cleanfreebusy switch and this says it is unable to access the server (this is a stand-alone installation of Outlook, it is not linked to an exchange server). I use the default free/busy publishing service provide via MSN and can see from there that free/bust information for appointments I created last week is there. I am using Outlook 2003. Thanks ...

How do I save ALL pages of a VISIO document to one PDF document?
Any suggestions on saving a VISIO document (multiple pages) to one PDF document? When I try, it only saves the current page.... I assume you are using one of these "Print to PDF" thinghys? I tried mine (FinePrintPro or something) and I just had to remember to select "All" in the print dialog. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "Ann Whiteside" <Ann Whiteside@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E79AD56C-2BBF-4AB9-95C0-C9697F243E83@microsoft.com... > Any suggestions on saving a VISIO document (multiple pages) to one PDF > doc...

"Your Autocorrect file can not be saved"
Getting this message when opening Word 2007 and outlook. Your AutoCorrect file, (Chinease characters) fice12\1033\mso.aclmso1033.ad, could not be saved. The file may be read only, or you may not have permission to modify the file. ALSO when I try to close or save Word 2007 or Outlook I am getting this message: Word\outlook cannot save or create this file. Make sure that the disk you want to save the file on is not full, write protected, or damaged. (C:\Program Files\...Normal.dotm) I then hit cancel to not save the changes and then get the following message that pops ...

Save
I noticed that when working on large excel files the program often gets caught up and at the bottom left hand corner the program is performing a Save Auto Recovery. What causes this and is there a way to minimize this? Evan Assuming version 2002 or 2003. Tools>Options>Save You can set the time interval to something greater or disable the AutoRecovery feature completely. Help gives a good account of AutoRecovery usage and settings. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:09:05 -0800, "Evan" <Evan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I noticed that when wo...

Cannot Post or Save in Cash Receipts Entry URGENT
Hi I could not post or save a cash receipt entry transaction if the radio button is cheque. Nothing happens when clicking the post button or save button if batch is filled up. Iam in a very strange situation did anyone encountered the same problem before? Dan On Jul 8, 8:39=A0am, dan <danielta...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > > I could not post or save a cash receipt entry transaction if the radio > button is cheque. Nothing happens when clicking the post button or > save button if batch is filled up. Iam in a very strange situation did > anyone encountered the same probl...

what files to save for hard drive format
I am going to format my computer soon. I have outlook, and all my pst files stored on a separate drive...so I have all my data bases. However, there are still many other settings in outlook that I would like to save that are not a part of the pst. Can some provide instruction on which files I could copy and replace when I reinstall outlook 2003? Thanks. Hi smokiibear, have a look on this sites: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.sitedeveloper.ws/tutorials/outlook.htm Maybe it helps. -- Oliver Vukovics Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder...

Cropped images not being saved
In Outlook XP using Word XP as the editor, I create a new email. I paste an image into the email and then I use the crop tool to remove the parts of the image I don't need. However, when I send the image, it does not save the image formatting and sends the whole image. As a workaround, I can save the email as a draft and this will save the formats. Additionally, the email size is still the same as if the image had never been cropped. Is there a way to just crop and image and send it from within Outlook and ensure that the edits are saved without having to save the email as a draft first? I...

Can not get Excel macros to format/save charts--help??? :(((((
Help??:((( I've spent the last 5 days searching on this forum for problems similar to what I have but no luck! I am trying to use Excel macro to create a simple bar chart and to format the chart type/etc...but the macro keeps erroring when I try to run it. The debug points to " ' Set ActiveChart = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(Chart1)" run time error 1004. No matter what I name the chart, it errors. I'm advanced at Excel but not editing macros with VB. I'm at my wits end and hope that someone can help me :(( Hi, You do not set the Activechart ob...

Save as .txt without activating
Hi, The problem is following. I have a file with two sheets (A & B). How to create macro what after clicking save button on the toolbar, saves the file 1. as .xls file with name from f3 cell (A) with activate it 2. as .txt file in different directory without activate it. The only sheet what should be saved is B. Thanks for quick reply lud1 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ How about giving them a macro that does the save and saveAs all at once. Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim Wks As Worksheet Set Wks = Nothing On Error Resume Next Set Wks = Th...

auto save
We are trying to turn auto save off, but when we close the work book, and reopen it, its turned back on again. What are we missing? Running windows 2000 operating system. Please respond to my email address. Thankyou If you install the service release mentioned in the following MSKB article, it should solve the problem: XL2000: AutoSave Settings Not Retained Between Sessions of Excel 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=231117 -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html "marv" wrote: > We are trying to tur...

save as filename
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:=ActiveSheet.Range("o6") End Sub I am using the above code to save on a click. However, I am pulling th file from a toolbar on Attachmate EXTRA!. I have to open excel vi c:\microsoft excel, but I want it to save to J:\agency. No matter what I try, it keeps wanting to save to C:\My Documents. Can anyone show me how to have this save to J:\agency? Thanks in advance. Vat -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Would this work? Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Tar...

outlook 2003 / save DRAFTS on IMAP folder
I�m using outlook 2003 with an IMAP account. Outlooks standard behavior is to save drafts on a local special folder, called "drafts". Instead, I would like Outlook to save drafts on a "draft" folder placed on my IMAP account. I searched google, and it seems that what I want to attain is impossibile... maybe any of you know some kind of work-around or solution? Thank you for you help, Gianluca Bosco The only way to achieve this as far as I know is to not have local folders at all and work entirely from your IMAP folders. Opus "Gianluca Bosco" <na@...

Posting setup
Our client has noticed some flaws in the Posting Setup window. When you choose the series (eg. Purchasing) and Origin All, it always defaults to certain fields. For example, the Posting Date From is always defaulted to Batch. If you have selected Transactions for all the purchasing windows, and then you exit this window by clicking on OK, it actually overwrites all the windows so that they are all using Posting Date From Batch instead of Transaction. This raises concerns with our client and they believe that it needs to be improved. This has caused problems several times and they ha...

How to add a note about action taken a saved email message?
I would like to keep email messages about a project together. I would also like to add a small note to those emails, somewhere, as to action on the project (nothing extensive). How may I do this, if it's possible? 1110scorpio <1110scorpio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would like to keep email messages about a project together. I > would also like to add a small note to those emails, somewhere, as to > action on the project (nothing extensive). How may I do this, if > it's possible? Open the message, click Edit>Edit Message, and add whatever you'...