Newbee needs help Combo Box access 2007

I have a access 2000 project that would all me to create a  combo box  the
added the following code , so the values from the combo box would be stored
in the current form . also when typing the code below access 2000 would bring
up the code string

example when typing me.s it would bring up the value "shipper" from the
field list  is this feature gone or just turned off on my copy

Example of code From Access 2000
Private Sub Combo 40_AfterUpdate(cancel As Integer)
me.shipper = me.combo40.Column(0)
me.Address = me.combo40.Column(1)

error

This error occurs when an event has failed to run because Microsoft Office
Access cannot evaluate the location of the logic for the event. For example,
if the OnOpen property of a form is set to =[Field], this error occurs
because Access expects a macro or event name to run when the event is fired.

--
Terry

If nothing else, the definition of the sub is incorrect. The AfterUpdate
event procedure does not support a parameter of Cancel As Integer.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"terry" <terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a access 2000 project that would all me to create a  combo box  the
> added the following code , so the values from the combo box would be
> stored
> in the current form . also when typing the code below access 2000 would
> bring
> up the code string
>
> example when typing me.s it would bring up the value "shipper" from the
> field list  is this feature gone or just turned off on my copy
>
> Example of code From Access 2000
> Private Sub Combo 40_AfterUpdate(cancel As Integer)
> me.shipper = me.combo40.Column(0)
> me.Address = me.combo40.Column(1)
>
> error
>
> This error occurs when an event has failed to run because Microsoft Office
> Access cannot evaluate the location of the logic for the event. For
> example,
> if the OnOpen property of a form is set to =[Field], this error occurs
> because Access expects a macro or event name to run when the event is
> fired.
>

> --
> Terry

0
Douglas

Problems of layout
When I import data from the web such as tables etc, lots ot the rows fold up almost on top of each other so that to read the data, I have to alter the row height every time. How can I preserve the formatting of the cells so that this doesn't happen. thanks ...

Remove macro is greyed out
I want to remove a sort macro that I made which is in a workbook that I made. When I go Tools|Macro|Macros I see the macro but the delete button is greyed. How can I remove the macro? Beemer Sometimes, the project is protected by the developer. But if you created the macro, then you know if you protected that project. Did you? Do you get prompted for a password when you try to access the project (inside the VBE)? Beemer wrote: > > I want to remove a sort macro that I made which is in a workbook that I > made. When I go Tools|Macro|Macros I see the macro but the delete ...

Vista Access 2003 & Ole
I have a DB I've been using, updating for several years. I use a = different BMP on every record. Today I started to update it again. Last = update a few weeks ago on my XP. Today I went with 'insert object' 'create from file'. with XP I couldn't = use JPG's so I made bmp's. Today even a bmp is just an icon. How do I get the create from file to work again ? --=20 more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html ...

Need help resolving modeless dialog issue
Hi, I have a weird problem that only shows up in a release build, and not in debug. I have a modeless dialog I'm launching from a menu. It opens up fine in debug mode, works great and while it needs tinkering, it's fine. I run into problems on a release build, though. The first time I click to launch the dialog window (which runs this code:) CPrgEditorDialog* dlg = new CPrgEditorDialog; dlg->ptrToMain = m_hWnd; dlg->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); The modeless dialog doesn't show up. If I navigate through the menu and select it again, it opens correctly. Any attempt...

Need Help
I have a user who sends out a info mailing everyday. It goes to about 500 people. Today, the users received the following error message for each recipient: The client operation failed. Error is [0x80004005-0x0004b9-0x000501]. We run Exchange 2003 , XP clients, Outlook 2003. 80004005 = MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED. From the 4b9, I'd guess it was an error looking up the membership of the group. "ChrisH" <you@me.com> wrote in message news:%23E5RrSqeGHA.3484@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have a user who sends out a info mailing everyday. It goes to about 500 >people...

Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version?
I have been looking for Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version and I cannot find it. Where can I get one? There isn't one. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/422.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "masai" <masai_chadi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:op.tm81u5pvdvcnul@dikutoto.gv.shawcable.net... >I have been looking for Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version and I >ca...

Office 2007 trial is very slow. Is this because it's a trial
I just started using the trial version of Office 2007. It takes forever for it to open on my computer but Office 2003 opens just fine. Is this just because it's a trial or is it naturally slow because of the additional features? It's likely due to the expanded feature set and increased hardware requirement over Office 2003. rtappan wrote: > I just started using the trial version of Office 2007. It takes forever for > it to open on my computer but Office 2003 opens just fine. Is this just > because it's a trial or is it naturally slow because of the ad...

Can't edit print styles in Outlook 2007

unable to access mail after re-enable account
Hi, After enable an disable account and change its password, it can login to its mail account. What's happening. Is it normal? Thanks a lot What is the error message when user tries to access mailbox? Does the user still show in ADUC has having Exchange attributes? Have you looked at the MB using ESM to see if it is disconnected? "Raymond" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:136c01c46f11$d16f8390$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > After enable an disable account and change its password, > it can login to its mail account. What's hap...

Keyboard hooking through Accessibility
I am looking for a method to hook the keyboard without running a background process. I know there are APIs for hooking (SetWindowsHookEx), but I want to avoid the overhead of running another background process for this and make the task do by windows itself. I am thinking of tweaking the Accessibility option in windows for this. Can we anyway do this by writing any script or modifying or adding registry entries for Accessibility? Or is there any Accessibility specific APIs which can re-program the Accessibility feature to do our tasks when we press a key with Accessibility feature-on. An...

Office 2007 SP2
Has anyone else lost the little check box which is usually found next to each task in the task list in Outlook today? I'm assuming it's a bug? C. "Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell" <seegod1@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:ejYOAzcyJHA.4632@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Has anyone else lost the little check box which is usually found next to > each task in the task list in Outlook today? I'm assuming it's a bug? > Nope - still there... -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level...

please help with this query

Need help with formula 01-13-10

URGENT HELP NEEDED! Need to restore email account
A friend of mine has just deleted her primary email account (listed as Microsoft Exchange Server) from her Outlook 2003 (she's running Win 2000) as she has just got a new internet provider but on doing that all her inbox, address book etc has disappeared. She desperately needs to recover it as soon as possible .. can it be done and if so how? Would really appreciate any help as she has urgent messages which need to be sent The mail and contacts would still be on the Exchange Server. She can use = the Tools | E-mail Accounts command to add the Exchange account back to = Outlook.=20 ...

Running an Excel Macro from an Access Command Button
Hi , Can anyone help me with this, I am trying to run an excel macro from an access command button. I want the macro to Bold the Headings on a excel spreadsheet. The code runs without any errors but the macro doesnt seem to work, I think I have got the line ExcelApp.ExecuteExcel4Macro "RUN(""PERSONAL.XLS!BoldHead"")" wrong The code: Private Sub cmdRunMac_Click() Dim ExcelApp As Excel.Application Dim ExcelBook As Excel.Workbook Set ExcelApp = Excel.Application ExcelApp.Visible = True Set ExcelBook = ExcelApp.Workbooks.Open("C:\Documents and Settings\...

Office 2010 Buying Question Assistance Needed
I've been looking through the MS Office 2010 web site to try to determine what my new small company would require, but I can't find the information I need. We for sure would need Office Pro Plus, but other than that I'm not sure. We want to run it on our own server. We will initially have 3-5 people using it and perhaps more later on. Would we need to purchase site licensing? Unfortunately, our programmers are MS haters (I'm not) and I can't get any assistance from them on this, but I have power of the pen. I would appreciate any assistance I can get. Th...

Crashed HD and i need to retrieve my Oulook Express 6 emails. Where are they?
My hard drive crashed and would not boot into windows. I installed a new hard disk and put my old hard disk in as a secondary but I cannot find my emails. As I am using Outlook Express 6 this does not seem to create a .PST file. Any idears where my Emails are so I can restore them. I have tryed importing from my new Outlook Express installation but it does not find any. Outlook works with pst-files Outlook Express works with dbx-files Make sure you includen hidden files when searching for the files. Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family o...