New record on a new day (re-post)

I seem to be having problems with this post, so I am going to try
again.

I need help in coding a form so that the following can happen:

The scenario is that a user will open the form for the first time on
Sept 21st, for example, and the form will be blank.  Any subsequent
times the user opens the form on Sept 21st it will default to the
same record in the table for that day so that more information
can be added to that record.  On September 22nd, the form will be
blank once again.

I was given the following code to try:

Private Sub Form_Load()
On Error GoTo Error_Handler

Dim db As DAO.Database
Dim rst As DAO.Recordset

Set db = CurrentDb
Set rst = db.OpenRecordset("Select * From MyDailyTable Where
txtDate = Date();")

If Not rst.EOF Then rst.MoveLast

If rst.RecordCount > 0 Then
        DoCmd.OpenForm "MyDailyfrm", , , "txtDate = " & Date
Else
        DoCmd.OpenForm "MyDailyfrm", , , , acFormAdd
End If

Exit_Here:
    DoCmd.SetWarnings True
    rst.Close
    Set rst = Nothing
    Set db = Nothing
    Exit Sub
Error_Handler:
    MsgBox Err.Number & ": " & Err.Description
    Resume Exit_Here
End Sub

It does not produce the desired results.  The form is bound to the
table,
by the way.  Can anyone provide any assistance as to help get this
form to work?

It was also suggested that I try Dcount as in the following:

Private Sub Form_Load()
On Error GoTo Error_Handler
If DCOUNT("ID", "MyTable", "[txtDate] = " & Date) > 0 then
        DoCmd.OpenForm "Myfrm", , , "txtDate = " & Date()
Else
        DoCmd.OpenForm "Myfrm", , , , acFormAdd
End If

Exit_Here:

Exit Sub
Error_Handler:
    MsgBox Err.Number & ": " & Err.Description
    Resume Exit_Here
End Sub

but this produced an error: 2001: You canceled the previous
operation.

Someone else outside this group suggested a holding table separate
from the history table....

Help!  Which is the best route to go????

0
Opal

Opal

?"... more information can be added to that record."?

You and I may use a different definition of record.  In Access, a record is
a single row in a table.

I guess I'm not understanding a table design that keeps adding more data to
a single row.

If you'll provide a bit more specific description of the data/fields you
have in your table, the newsgroup volunteers may be able to offer more
specific suggestions.

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

"Opal" <tmwelton@rogers.com> wrote in message
>I seem to be having problems with this post, so I am going to try
> again.
>
> I need help in coding a form so that the following can happen:
>
> The scenario is that a user will open the form for the first time on
> Sept 21st, for example, and the form will be blank.  Any subsequent
> times the user opens the form on Sept 21st it will default to the
> same record in the table for that day so that more information
> can be added to that record.  On September 22nd, the form will be
> blank once again.
>
> I was given the following code to try:
>
> Private Sub Form_Load()
> On Error GoTo Error_Handler
>

> Dim db As DAO.Database
> Dim rst As DAO.Recordset
>

> Set db = CurrentDb
> Set rst = db.OpenRecordset("Select * From MyDailyTable Where
> txtDate = Date();")
>

> If Not rst.EOF Then rst.MoveLast
>

> If rst.RecordCount > 0 Then
>        DoCmd.OpenForm "MyDailyfrm", , , "txtDate = " & Date
> Else
>        DoCmd.OpenForm "MyDailyfrm", , , , acFormAdd
> End If
>

> Exit_Here:
>    DoCmd.SetWarnings True
>    rst.Close
>    Set rst = Nothing
>    Set db = Nothing
>    Exit Sub
> Error_Handler:
>    MsgBox Err.Number & ": " & Err.Description
>    Resume Exit_Here
> End Sub
>

> It does not produce the desired results.  The form is bound to the
> table,
> by the way.  Can anyone provide any assistance as to help get this
> form to work?
>
> It was also suggested that I try Dcount as in the following:
>
> Private Sub Form_Load()
> On Error GoTo Error_Handler
> If DCOUNT("ID", "MyTable", "[txtDate] = " & Date) > 0 then
>        DoCmd.OpenForm "Myfrm", , , "txtDate = " & Date()
> Else
>        DoCmd.OpenForm "Myfrm", , , , acFormAdd
> End If
>

> Exit_Here:
>
> Exit Sub
> Error_Handler:
>    MsgBox Err.Number & ": " & Err.Description
>    Resume Exit_Here
> End Sub
>
> but this produced an error: 2001: You canceled the previous
> operation.
>
> Someone else outside this group suggested a holding table separate
> from the history table....
>
> Help!  Which is the best route to go????

0
Jeff
9/21/2007 10:53:32 PM
One method that comes to mind is to is to count the records for the day, then
if the count = 0, then run an append query that will add a record for todays
date, then open the form. This could be on the OnClick event of where the
button is clicked or on the OnLoad event of the actual form your opening.

Here's a bit of the OnClick event of the button.

'Any records for this date?"
    Dim DailyRecordCount As Integer
    DailyRecordCount = DCount("*", "YourTableName", "YourDateField = #" &
Date & "#")

    If DailyRecordCount = 0 Then
        DoCmd.SetWarnings False
             DoCmd.OpenQuery "YourAppendQueryName"
        DoCmd.SetWarnings True
    Else
        'todays record already exists
    End If

'open the next form
    DoCmd.OpenForm "YourFormName"

I'm sure there are other ways, but I have used this before and it works
nicely.

SteveD

On Sep 21, 6:53 pm, "Jeff Boyce" <nonse...@nonsense.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> > It was also suggested that I try Dcount as in the following:
>
> > Private Sub Form_Load()
> > On Error GoTo Error_Handler
> > If DCOUNT("ID", "MyTable", "[txtDate] = " & Date) > 0 then
> >        DoCmd.OpenForm "Myfrm", , , "txtDate = " & Date()
> > Else
> >        DoCmd.OpenForm "Myfrm", , , , acFormAdd
> > End If
>
> > Exit_Here:
>
> > Exit Sub
> > Error_Handler:
> >    MsgBox Err.Number & ": " & Err.Description
> >    Resume Exit_Here
> > End Sub
>
> > but this produced an error: 2001: You canceled the previous
> > operation.
>
> > Someone else outside this group suggested a holding table separate
> > from the history table....
>
> > Help!  Which is the best route to go????- Hide quoted text -

Yes, I understand that a record in Access is a single row of data in a
table.
I only want one record per day.  However multiple users will be adding
data to that single record.  There are several text boxes in which
they will place various comments.  One user may comment on an
activity in the shop relating to quality, another to productivity.  I
do
not want to have multiple forms as the shop Manager will want to view
all
inputs prior to adding his own and this is best achieved on one form.
Once
a complete day's record is in the table I will run a report for the
General
Manager to view.  All I need to ensure is that on Sept 21, the form
opens
with only Sept 21st information, not the first record in the table.
And on
September 22nd the new form is blank at the start of the day and so on
and
so on....does this help clear it up?

0
Opal
9/22/2007 3:18:52 AM
On Sep 21, 7:12 pm, SteveD <steve.REMOVE.dahlb...@Clark.REMOVE.wa.gov>
wrote:
> [...]
>
> > It was also suggested that I try Dcount as in the following:
>
> > Private Sub Form_Load()
> > On Error GoTo Error_Handler
> > If DCOUNT("ID", "MyTable", "[txtDate] = " & Date) > 0 then
> >         DoCmd.OpenForm "Myfrm", , , "txtDate = " & Date()
> > Else
> >         DoCmd.OpenForm "Myfrm", , , , acFormAdd
> > End If
>
> > Exit_Here:
>
> > Exit Sub
> > Error_Handler:
> >     MsgBox Err.Number & ": " & Err.Description
> >     Resume Exit_Here
> > End Sub
>
> > but this produced an error: 2001: You canceled the previous
> > operation.
>
> > Someone else outside this group suggested a holding table separate
> > from the history table....
>
> > Help!  Which is the best route to go????- Hide quoted text -

Thank you Steve, I will try this and see if I can get the desired
results.

0
Opal
9/22/2007 3:20:10 AM
Opal wrote:
> Yes, I understand that a record in Access is a single row of data in a
> table.
> I only want one record per day.  However multiple users will be adding
> data to that single record.  There are several text boxes in which
> they will place various comments.  One user may comment on an
> activity in the shop relating to quality, another to productivity.  I
> do
> not want to have multiple forms as the shop Manager will want to view
> all
> inputs prior to adding his own and this is best achieved on one form.
> Once
> a complete day's record is in the table I will run a report for the
> General
> Manager to view.  All I need to ensure is that on Sept 21, the form
> opens
> with only Sept 21st information, not the first record in the table.
> And on
> September 22nd the new form is blank at the start of the day and so on
> and
> so on....does this help clear it up?

You are making this way more complicated than necessary.  All you need to do is
have a default value for your date field of "Date()" and then open the form with
a WHERE clause...

DoCmd.OpenForm "Myfrm", , , "txtDate = " & Date()

If there is a match it will open to the existing record for today and if there
is not a match it will open to a new record (which will default to the current
date).  No counting before hand is necessary at all.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

0
Rick
9/22/2007 11:38:19 AM
On Sep 22, 7:38 am, "Rick Brandt" <rickbran...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Opal wrote:
> > Yes, I understand that a record in Access is a single row of data in a
> > table.
> > I only want one record per day.  However multiple users will be adding
> > data to that single record.  There are several text boxes in which
> > they will place various comments.  One user may comment on an
> > activity in the shop relating to quality, another to productivity.  I
> > do
> > not want to have multiple forms as the shop Manager will want to view
> > all
> > inputs prior to adding his own and this is best achieved on one form.
> > Once
> > a complete day's record is in the table I will run a report for the
> > General
> > Manager to view.  All I need to ensure is that on Sept 21, the form
> > opens
> > with only Sept 21st information, not the first record in the table.
> > And on
> > September 22nd the new form is blank at the start of the day and so on
> > and
> > so on....does this help clear it up?
>
> You are making this way more complicated than necessary.  All you need to do is
> have a default value for your date field of "Date()" and then open the form with
> a WHERE clause...
>
> DoCmd.OpenForm "Myfrm", , , "txtDate = " & Date()
>
> If there is a match it will open to the existing record for today and if there
> is not a match it will open to a new record (which will default to the current
> date).  No counting before hand is necessary at all.
>
> --
> Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
> Email (as appropriate) to...
> RBrandt   at   Hunter   dot   com- Hide quoted text -

Rick!

That is what I was hoping it would be.....
I already have the default value for the txtDate field as "=Date()"

I have been using the on load event for the code....however,
when I use the:

DoCmd.OpenForm "Myfrm", , , "txtDate = " & Date()

statement and then close and re-open the form, it goes to a new
record.
I want it to open on the current day's record....If I am reading you
correcting I need to put a "WHERE" clause in the on open event?

0
Opal
9/22/2007 5:32:24 PM
Opal wrote:
> Rick!
>
> That is what I was hoping it would be.....
> I already have the default value for the txtDate field as "=Date()"
>
> I have been using the on load event for the code....however,
> when I use the:
>
> DoCmd.OpenForm "Myfrm", , , "txtDate = " & Date()
>
> statement and then close and re-open the form, it goes to a new
> record.

That would indicate that you have no existing record where txtDate is equal to
today's date.  That is an unusual name for a field by the way.  It would be a
common name used for a control on a form, but not for a field in a table.  Are
you quite sure that is the field's name?  Is it a DateTime field or a Text
field?  That would make a big difference in how the WHERE clause is constructed.

> I want it to open on the current day's record....If I am reading you
> correcting I need to put a "WHERE" clause in the on open event?

No the WHERE clause is in the OpenForm method...
(this bit here at the end) "txtDate = " & Date()

I would move Date() inside the quotes though like...

"txtDate = Date()"

....that should remove formatting as an issue (providing txtDate is an actual
DateTime field).

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...
RBrandt   at   Hunter   dot   com

0
Rick
9/22/2007 8:38:15 PM
On Sep 22, 4:38 pm, "Rick Brandt" <rickbran...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Opal wrote:
> > Rick!
>
> > That is what I was hoping it would be.....
> > I already have the default value for the txtDate field as "=Date()"
>
> > I have been using the on load event for the code....however,
> > when I use the:
>
> > DoCmd.OpenForm "Myfrm", , , "txtDate = " & Date()
>
> > statement and then close and re-open the form, it goes to a new
> > record.
>
> That would indicate that you have no existing record where txtDate is equal to
> today's date.  That is an unusual name for a field by the way.  It would be a
> common name used for a control on a form, but not for a field in a table.  Are
> you quite sure that is the field's name?  Is it a DateTime field or a Text
> field?  That would make a big difference in how the WHERE clause is constructed.
>
> > I want it to open on the current day's record....If I am reading you
> > correcting I need to put a "WHERE" clause in the on open event?
>
> No the WHERE clause is in the OpenForm method...
> (this bit here at the end) "txtDate = " & Date()
>
> I would move Date() inside the quotes though like...
>
> "txtDate = Date()"
>
> ...that should remove formatting as an issue (providing txtDate is an actual
> DateTime field).
>
> --
> Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
> Email (as appropriate) to...
> RBrandt   at   Hunter   dot   com

I am relatively new to using VBA in Access.  I read that "Date" was a
reserved
word in Access so whenever I have a Date field I have gotten in the
habit
of calling it txtDate as opposed to just "Date"  It is a Date/Time
field in the table.
I have named the fields in the form the same as the fields in the
table for ease
of cross reference.

I created a "test" record for Sept 22nd and then when I opened the
form, it did not
bring up that existing record, but rather a new one.

Oh wow, I just tested it with  "txtDate = Date()" and it works --
thank you so so much,
this is great and its one simple line....WOW.

I have been told so many convuluted ways to accomplish this, I was
beginning to
hate this assigned project.  But this is perfect.  Thank you again!

0
Opal
9/22/2007 8:58:48 PM
Opal

From your description of what folks are doing (different folks adding
different "types" of comments throughout the day), I'm going to guess that
your table structure looks a lot like a ... spreadsheet!

It sounds like you are embedding data in the column/fieldnames (i.e.,
"quality comment", "productivity comment", ...).  While this approach is
pretty much what you'd need to do if you were using Excel, MS Access is a
relational database.  What happens when you need to add a new "comment
type"?  You have to change the table design, your queries, your forms, your
reports, your code, ... this is a maintenance nightmare!

In a well-normalized relational database design, since there can be multiple
"types" of comment, you'd create a new table, related one-to-many.  Your
original table would not hold comments, but would provide the necessary
identification/information.  Your new table would hold one comment per row.
A rough idea of the structure of this new table would be something like:

    trelComment
        CommentID
        PersonID (a foreign key, pointing back to the Primary Key in
tblPerson for who is adding this comment)
        CommentDateTime (a date/time field ... a "timestamp" for when the
comment was made)
        CommentTypeID (a foreign key, pointing back to the Primary Key in a
tlkpCommentType for which type of comment)
        Comment

With a design like this (including a lookup table for CommentType), if you
add a new comment type, you simply add a new row in that lookup table, and
your trelComments table can now accommodate a new type.

Or have I misinterpreted what information you need to keep track of?

> [...]
> data to that single record.  There are several text boxes in which
> they will place various comments.  One user may comment on an
> activity in the shop relating to quality, another to productivity.  I
> do
> not want to have multiple forms as the shop Manager will want to view
> all
> inputs prior to adding his own and this is best achieved on one form.
> Once
> a complete day's record is in the table I will run a report for the
> General
> Manager to view.  All I need to ensure is that on Sept 21, the form
> opens
> with only Sept 21st information, not the first record in the table.
> And on
> September 22nd the new form is blank at the start of the day and so on

9/24/2007 3:56:46 PM
On Sep 24, 11:56 am, "Jeff Boyce" <nonse...@nonsense.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > they will place various comments.  One user may comment on an
> > activity in the shop relating to quality, another to productivity.  I
> > do
> > not want to have multiple forms as the shop Manager will want to view
> > all
> > inputs prior to adding his own and this is best achieved on one form.
> > Once
> > a complete day's record is in the table I will run a report for the
> > General
> > Manager to view.  All I need to ensure is that on Sept 21, the form
> > opens
> > with only Sept 21st information, not the first record in the table.
> > And on
> > September 22nd the new form is blank at the start of the day and so on
> > and
> > so on....does this help clear it up?- Hide quoted text -

It was just a simple database to track comments on a daily basis for 4
different shops and bring them all together on one report.  It would
be too difficult to maintain this data in an excel spreadsheet, we
tried.  Although what you wrote is just a little above my knowledge of
databases, it is beyond the scope of what we needed.  We have trialed
the database as I have created it and it suits our current needs.  As
my knowledge of databases increases with time (I am constantly
learning about them) I will be able to adapt this knowledge to new
projects.  Our company has been very focused on excel use and I have
been trying to move them more and more over to databases as the scope
of what is needed begins to go beyond what excel spreadsheets can
handle.

0
Opal
9/26/2007 12:00:21 AM
though you may not want to take Jeff's advice for your current db, it is
right on target. the concepts he explained apply to relational databases
regardless of size, number of users, etc - so, no, it is NOT "beyond the
scope of what you need".

if you are working to move your company to the use of relational databases
where appropriate, i applaud you. i also recommend you read up on the
principles of relational design, so you'll be in a strong position to lead
your company in this new direction. for more information, see
http://home.att.net/~california.db/tips.html#aTip1.

hth

> [...]
> > > and
> > > so on....does this help clear it up?- Hide quoted text -

> It was just a simple database to track comments on a daily basis for 4
> different shops and bring them all together on one report.  It would
> be too difficult to maintain this data in an excel spreadsheet, we
> tried.  Although what you wrote is just a little above my knowledge of
> databases, it is beyond the scope of what we needed.  We have trialed
> the database as I have created it and it suits our current needs.  As
> my knowledge of databases increases with time (I am constantly
> learning about them) I will be able to adapt this knowledge to new
> projects.  Our company has been very focused on excel use and I have
> been trying to move them more and more over to databases as the scope
> of what is needed begins to go beyond what excel spreadsheets can

0
tina
9/26/2007 6:57:23 AM
On Sep 26, 2:57 am, "tina" <nos...@address.com> wrote:
> [...]
> you
> more

> on

> > It was just a simple database to track comments on a daily basis for 4
> > different shops and bring them all together on one report.  It would
> > be too difficult to maintain this data in an excel spreadsheet, we
> > tried.  Although what you wrote is just a little above my knowledge of
> > databases, it is beyond the scope of what we needed.  We have trialed
> > the database as I have created it and it suits our current needs.  As
> > my knowledge of databases increases with time (I am constantly
> > learning about them) I will be able to adapt this knowledge to new
> > projects.  Our company has been very focused on excel use and I have
> > been trying to move them more and more over to databases as the scope
> > of what is needed begins to go beyond what excel spreadsheets can

Thank you for you input and advice.  I will continue to increase my
knowledge
of relational databases.

0
Opal

Posting to an account that has the "allow account entry" de-select
Has anyone encountered an issue where GP 8.0 allows them to post an otem to an account through A/P processing even though the account was not selected to "allow account entry?" If the account is the default posting account on vendor cards (or vendor class or posting accounts setup), it will allow posting. "Allow account entry" only stops you from being able to select the account or enter the account. It will still post if it is the default account. "Erik B" wrote: > Has anyone encountered an issue where GP 8.0 allows them to post an otem to > an acc...

how do I re-direct my exsisting e-mail account to outlook express.
I have Outlook express 2003 on my new computer. I have been using a Yahoo e-mail address in the past. I would like to redirect my e-mail to outlook. >-----Original Message----- >I have Outlook express 2003 on my new computer. I have been using a Yahoo=20 >e-mail address in the past. I would like to redirect my e-mail to outlook. >. > Outlook Express is a part of the operating system, specifically Internet Explorer. You will have better luck where the OE Gurus hang out: http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=3DInternetExp= lorer redirecting e-mail <red...

Outlook 2003 forgets contacts after 1 day
Outlook 2003 is remembering contacts for a day and then automatically deleting them. I have spent the last hour searching and can't find the right setting to stop this from happening. Has anyone got any advice? Outlook does not automatically save Contacts ever. To what feature are you referring? Autocompletion? -- Russ Valentine "slycbod" <slycbod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36DBB238-7462-452F-85EB-15258BCD8B05@microsoft.com... > Outlook 2003 is remembering contacts for a day and then automatically > deleting them. I have spent th...

Just installed new hard drive
I just installed a new hard drive and used the drive's utility program to copy everything from my old drive to the new one. Now Outlook isn't going out to my ISP's server and getting my new messages, and when I send a message I get the "no transport provider available" error. (My connection's just fine.) I looked online for some help. One recommendation was to delete the Personal Folder and create a new one. I did that, but then all the messages I had disappeared and it freaked me out so I didn't want to mess with anything else. How can I make it work ...

Moving CRM to a New Domain
Our company has recently built out a new domain and AD structure. I need to move CRM 3.0 from the old domain to the new one. Is this possible...and does anybody have any idea what resources i use to get started. I found the articles on moving from a child domain to a parent...but can't seem to find resources for moving to a completely new domain. thanks for your help You need to look at the redeployment tools which will let you move a CRM system from domain1 to domain2 ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft &qu...

Constructing Hyperlink from the Database Record fields
I am working on a Windows XP environment using MS Office 2007 including Access 2007. I want to open a document from Access 2007 which I can easily do with Hyperlink type field. However since all the necessary information is already in the Database Record I try to avoid creating additional field which would be a Hyperlink type on the Form unless it is absolutely necessary. Below is the code that I have to construct the FullFileName which consisted of ServerName, Division, Unit, RequirementDirectory, FolderName and the FileName itself. As you can see the Database records has al...

"Record is too large" on append query attempt. Access 97
I'm attempting to run an append query to load a table with data, but I get the message "Record is too large" if the query holds more than a couple of records. There are 23 fields in the query. One field holds a lot of data (typically 20-24k) which is appended to a memo field in the target table. If I delete that field from the query, there is no error message. The target table has 93 fields. I'm using Access 97. Any suggestions please? On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 09:48:00 -0800, nags <nags@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm attempting to run an append query to lo...

Charting Filtered Data
Hi there, I have an xy chart based upon data that will then be filtered using an advanced filter. The filter is applied, but the chart doesn't reflect the filtered data unless the workbook is saved & reopened. It's maddening. A few notes: * I do have another workbook where this works properly. * This is XL 2000 * The filter itself is being applied using a macro (details below) It's killing me that I can make this work in one workbook and I can't get it to work in two others. Any ideas??? Thank you! -Jessica Here is the entirety of the code: Private Sub CommandB...

Record count 03-12-08
I have form (master form) and sub form What I want : I want when selecting some record in the subform (text box in the master form display number of records) Notes: There are no related between records so I can't make query or filter "a" <a@a.net> wrote in message news:%23lSQxr0gIHA.5780@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have form (master form) and sub form > > What I want : > > I want when selecting some record in the subform (text box in the master > form display number of records) > > Notes: > > There are no related between records so I...

Do money updates install when you're not admin?
I noticed when I first start using money it told me to log on as administrator so that the updates can take effect. Is this true of all money updates? When I see the message "Money update recieved" does that mean it has also been installed or do I have to log in as admin to complete the process? In microsoft.public.money, Brian H wrote: >I noticed when I first start using money it told me to log on as >administrator so that the updates can take effect. Is this true of all money >updates? When I see the message "Money update recieved" does that mean it >has a...

4 days NDR
i have one problem over here, i want my exchange server to recieve and keep email for 4 days only and if the email is not downloaded by outlook clients for 4 days then my exch server send NDR to the sender ... how could i do that .... On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 22:55:01 -0700, Feelings <Feelings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i have one problem over here, i want my exchange server to recieve and keep >email for 4 days only and if the email is not downloaded by outlook clients >for 4 days then my exch server send NDR to the sender ... how could i do that >... You can'...

New essay: Character function table generator
A couple weeks ago I posted a comparison of how functions such as islower, CharLower, etc. work between the C library and the raw API. I had planned to generalize the rather simple little console program I had written to accept locales, but decided that was truly ugly. So I decided to use HTMLView, and chose as my starting point the HTMLEditorView example from the MSDN. I modified it to produce the table using a variety of locales. The only problem was that the code was an embarrassment. Note the code I wrote, but the basic HTMLEditorView code, which is so poorly written that I would gi...

New message has no File option on the menu
Hi I am using outlook 2002, when i go to create a new email i have no file option in the menu but all the other options are there (edit, view, insert, format, tools, action, help) I have removed outlook and reinstalled it. Does anyone know how i can get the option back? Thanks Word or Outlook as the e-mail editor? For Outlook Reset the Toolbar; all Toolbar customizations will be lost and the Toolbar will reset to what it looked like when you first installed Outlook. To do this locate outcmd.dat and rename it to outcmd.old when Outlook is closed. By default you can find it here; C:...

Re: OpenForm Macro
PO number "Endo" <3zc7s7@bma.biglobe.ne.jp> wrote in message news:... > > "dirtrhoads" <dirtrhoads@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:FE05F4CB-006D-4891-BA95-0FA20E875115@microsoft.com... >>I have set up an OpenForm macro on a double click event in a subform. The >> subform is titled Active Orders at Belmont Subform. The form I have set >> to >> open is Order Details. I have set up the macro to open Order Details when >> I >> click on the PO_Number from my subform and it opens perfect, how...

VAT Return - Missing entries in 'VAT Return Detail
Creating first VAT Return Reports since upgrading to version 10 and having problems. Total Value of Purchases on VAT Return Summary report is correct. The VAT return Detail report misses some entries and therefore Net Amounts do not add up to the Total Value of Purchases on the summary as it should do. The missing entries appear to be from documents with more that one tax detail id allocated to the transaction (i.e part 0% VAT rated and part standard VAT rated). Has anybody seen this before? ...

Can't add new record
I have a database which has been in use for over 5 years. Today, I am unable to add a new record to two of the 5 tables. I normally add records via forms but I can't get the empty form - the navigation button to add a new record (with right arrow and astrick) is greyed out. If I look at the form in datasheet view there no empty line at the bottom to add another record either. I've run the Compact and Repair but this makes no difference. Is there anything else I need to do to put this right? My business depends on the database working correctly and I would be in real trouble...

Report for single record
I have a report that shows much data about a single record that I am trying to reuse from a previous database. In my new DB, the project manager is set in an intermediate table between project data and contact data. How do I reference a table outside the forms data source? Can I run a query in a form without having to build a query? Several possibilities. If you just need to look up a single value from another table so you can limit the report to the correct value, DLookup() should do that for you. See: Getting a value from a table: DLookup() at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-07...

Inventory Adjustment Post to GL
Do inventory adjustments post to the general ledger as a batch? I don't see a place to set up where this hits under the "Assign GL Accounts" screen in Store Ops. ...

Template Wizard, why aren't records being created in database
When creating a template using the Template Wizard, the database is being created but only the field headings are created. Why aren't the records being created in the database? ...

Automatically Log of at a Certain Time of Day
Is there a way to set up XP SP3 to log of automatically. I need to be able to have my kids' PC's log off at night at a certain time. Use Scheduled Task that invokes Shutdown.exe. kjfrey55 wrote: > Is there a way to set up XP SP3 to log of automatically. I need to be able > to have my kids' PC's log off at night at a certain time. If you only want them to logoff and keep the pc running run a Scheduled Task that runs the Logoff command, if you want to shut down the PC have the task run the Shutdown command. John kjfrey55 wrote: > Is there a...

new without delete: what will happen
Hi guys, I guess it is 'not good' if memories allocated by new operator are not deleted by delete operator. Are there any discussions on how it is not good? bbg Memory Leak!!! -- cheers, Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "bbg" <bbg9507@quicksilver.net.nz> wrote in message news:x3Lve.10586$U4.1371240@news.xtra.co.nz... > Hi guys, I guess it is 'not good' if memories allocated by new operator are > not deleted by delete operator. Are there any discussions on how it is not > good? bbg > > This is referred to as a memory leak as m...

Error message
I cannot create a new folder on an external HDD. Win XP Pro, SP3. I go to My Computer, and select the external HDD letter. Then go over to the right-hand pane, right click and select New, then Folder. This produces an error message "Unable to create the folder 'New Folder' The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." I can save and retrieve a Word document all right to this same external HDD. I can use the above method to create a new folder on the desktop, and on the two HDDs that are internal to the computer. Virus and malware scans are negati...

New e-mail address
Do you have to change your screen name and password every time you change e-mail addresses? Where do you change your e-mail address? In microsoft.public.money, -xray- wrote: >Do you have to change your screen name and password every time you change >e-mail addresses? Where do you change your e-mail address? In Agent 4, you could change the appropriate things in Tools | Servers and accounts. In microsoft.public.money, -xray- wrote: >Do you have to change your screen name and password every time you change >e-mail addresses? Where do you change your e-mail address? Oops. ...

Re-paginating an A5 booklet
I've created a 16 page A5 booklet in Publisher - works beautifully: pgs 16 & 1 on the first page, 15 & 2, 14 & 3 etc. Exactly how I wanted it. However, I now want to create a downloadable version that is in page order, i.e. an A5 e-document with pages 1 - 16 in order. Any ideas on the best way to acheive this? Apologies if this question has already been answered. Cheers, Jon S Jon <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Apologies if this question has already been answered. I've answered this question before, but can't think o...