Need Query Help

I have two tables, Table A & Table B, in my database that have the
same fields (Name, SSN, etc). Most of the records in both tables are
identical, but each table has some unique records. I would like to run
a query that will select the unique records in Table A by comparing
SSNs, and then do the same for Table B.

I am a database novice, and have tried all the wizards and expression
builders with no luck.

Any help at all would be appreciated. Thank you!!!

Scott
Casa Grande, AZ

0
wurrzog

Hi Scott,

The "Find Unmatched Query Wizard" is what you need.  If you only want to
check for SSNs then just use that field when asked which field to match on.

If you want to find possible differences in other fields (for the same SSN),
you will need to add additional joins on more than a single field if you
have partial matches in the records.  Open the wizard-generated query in
design mode, drag a field from the first table to the corresponding field in
the second table to create a join, then right-click on the join line and
select the appropriate join type; add the field from the second table with
an Is Null criteria.

You will need two queries to find unmatched records in both tables.

HTH,

Rob

<wurrzog@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have two tables, Table A & Table B, in my database that have the
> same fields (Name, SSN, etc). Most of the records in both tables are
> identical, but each table has some unique records. I would like to run
> a query that will select the unique records in Table A by comparing
> SSNs, and then do the same for Table B.
>
> I am a database novice, and have tried all the wizards and expression
> builders with no luck.
>
> Any help at all would be appreciated. Thank you!!!
>
> Scott
> Casa Grande, AZ

0
Rob
4/3/2007 3:54:58 AM
On Apr 2, 8:54 pm, "Rob Parker"
<NOSPAMrobppar...@optusnet.com.au.REMOVETHIS> wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> The "Find Unmatched Query Wizard" is what you need.  If you only want to
> check for SSNs then just use that field when asked which field to match on.
>
> If you want to find possible differences in other fields (for the same SSN),
> you will need to add additional joins on more than a single field if you
> have partial matches in the records.  Open the wizard-generated query in
> design mode, drag a field from the first table to the corresponding field in
> the second table to create a join, then right-click on the join line and
> select the appropriate join type; add the field from the second table with
> an Is Null criteria.
>
> You will need two queries to find unmatched records in both tables.
>
> HTH,
>
> Rob
>
> <wurr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I have two tables, Table A & Table B, in my database that have the
> > same fields (Name, SSN, etc). Most of the records in both tables are
> > identical, but each table has some unique records. I would like to run
> > a query that will select the unique records in Table A by comparing
> > SSNs, and then do the same for Table B.
>
> > I am a database novice, and have tried all the wizards and expression
> > builders with no luck.
>
> > Any help at all would be appreciated. Thank you!!!
>
> > Scott
> > Casa Grande, AZ- Hide quoted text -

Rob - That worked!

Thank you very much!

0
wurrzog

Using data from cells in a Query to a MS Access Database
I need to use a MS Excel 2003 spreadsheet to perform a simple set of calcs. One piece of information I need is stored in an Access Database. If I could have, I would have converted the spreadsheet to an MS Access database and programmed the query to use information from text boxes. However, not all employees in the company have MS Access on their computer. So I need to use an external query in Excel to look at the MS Access Database. I can do that pretty easily. The Query Wizard walks you right through it. However, I need to make it so that the criteria for the query is drawn ...

Inventory reconciliation gone wrong.. help???
Hi, Have a real serious problem.... was doing a inventory reconciliation when great plains crashed.. not whenever you try to get into any transaction entry window the error, 'cannot post while inventory quantities are being altered' and we cannot enter any documents.. Is there any way we can resume the inventory reconciliation or stop it?? Cheers ...

book query
I would like a recommendation for a good book on Excel. I would place myself as an intermediate who has just started to learn some formulae. I use Excel XP, 97 and also Excel X on my mac I would like it to be not too heavy going so as not to put me off learning Any help would be appreciated Bobby For information and examples on Excel's functions, you can download Peter Noneley's Function Dictionary: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/noneley/ or Norman Harker's information on functions: http://www.contextures.com/functions.html and John Walkenbach's book on formul...

Help with a template
I had a Quotation template that I was using to help my husband with his small business. I cannot find the template and when I try to open it up on my system to see other quotes or estimates I have done for him, it is a blank screen. Help, please. Tell me what I am doing wrong or how I can redownload another template. Thanks for any help. I don't know what you are doing wrong. Maybe you could download another template using the method you used to download the last one. Templates are not difficult to create (File>Save As>Template); you could create your own. -- Greeting from the Gulf...

cannot use wildcards in LDAP query
I am using genifax and two of the tools they provide error out when using wildcards as part of an LDAP query in the production envioronment. I also tried the tool against servers running LDAP in different sites but they fail. I tested this tool against a lab machine all the same service pack/patches and it works correctly. Any ideas? sorry this is a 5.5 server running sp4 on nt4 sp6a "Charles Hibbits" <Charles_hibbits@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23v7mrVmJEHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I am using genifax and two of the tools they provide error out when using...

Help with hierarchy in organization charts
I am trying to create a basic org chart for my organization. I am having difficulty representing people at different levels that report to the same person. For example, a manager and a director might report to a partner. I want the manager to appear lower on the chart than the director, but want a direct line to the partner above both people. I realize I can manually lower the manager, but when I use the re-layout function the manager is elevated back to the level of the director. Any ideas? This was easy to accomplish in OrgPlus and I assume there must be a way in Visio as well. Thanks!...

Help #7
I have Pub 2000 at work and Pub 2002/3 at home and I saved my file at home in 2000 format and brought it to work to print on 11x17 and I have lost my formatting related to tab settings and it now tells me that this is a web page and tabs don't work. I did not save it as a web page can I somehow convert it back to a Pub format so my tabs work? It is an 8 page program. Don't know why it would turn into a web page... Did you copy the publication to the local hard drive before opening it? This article may give you insight into the tab issue. Custom tabs that you previously set in Publ...

Help needed for a simple spreadsheet
I use MS office 2000, using excell to calculate costings, i would lik to simplyfy the way i use the spreadsheet to calculate costs but canno find out how to set up a basic database which will automatically link t the spreadsheet, any help would be gratefully appreciated. Using a simple 5 column spreadsheet i would like to set it up a follows. Column A - enter simple item code (upto 10 digits) which wil auto-complete after 3 digits and allow scrolling through similar code until the correct item is found, column C would then automatically b entered with the full item description and column D...

Corel Quattro file Coversion Help
I am attempting to convert multiple large linked Corel Quatro spreadsheets to Excel. Does any one know of a converter? I have tried using Microsofts pubilshed converter for Excel 2000. However everytime I attempt to open a Quattro .wb3 file with the converter it locks excel up. Any ideas????? ...

desparately need help
i installed the camera icon on the QAT last week and experimented with it. got the message "The picture is too large and will be truncated". Now i get that message on every file and every time a enter something in a cell. i have removed the camera icon and have re-booted but am still having trouble. thanks in advance -- aprilshowers ...

Need help with collection serialization
Can some Please tell me why the following collection is not XML Serializable: Imports System.Xml Imports System.Runtime.Serialization Namespace MyNamespace <Serializable()> Public Class SpecialResult Private m_SpecialID As Integer Private m_Description As String Private m_Adjustment As Decimal Public Property SpecialID() As Integer Get Return m_SpecialID End Get Set(ByVal Value As Integer) m_SpecialID = Value End Set End Property Public Property Description(...

Help on tracking email
Hi, When recieved emails with track token from outside, I always got another email with the subject : FW:.... I could not find a rule to ask it to forward to my local account. So what is wrong with it? Any ideas? Thanks, Cindy You can Forward emails/activities from within CRM. It may be possible someone is forwarding these to you. "Cindy" wrote: > Hi, When recieved emails with track token from outside, I always got another > email with the subject : FW:.... I could not find a rule to ask it to forward > to my local account. So what is wrong with it? > Any ideas...

Copying Query Results into a Table
Hi, I have a Query which filters out certain records from an existing Table, how can I copy these filtered out records which were based on certain criteria, to an existing Table which have exactly the same name of fields as the Query? Thanks Ange Kappas wrote: > I have a Query which filters out certain records from an existing >Table, how can I copy these filtered out records which were based on certain >criteria, to an existing Table which have exactly the same name of fields as >the Query? Try changing the query to an Append query (using the Query menu...

A pal needs help on this site
A pal needs help on this site greetings fellow newsgroupers. I recently found a site called Microsoft Forums. In a very short time I became very known to the site and its an excellent tool. This guy who runs it is good too but needs a helping hand. Please do me a favor and check it out at http://www.msforums.org/ Categories are like Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Gaming, Servers, Developer and so on. Thanks to everyone. MDO Pro -- I go to Microsoft Forums, do you? http://www.msforums.org/ ...

Help needed with mail returned as possible spam
We have about 10 computers using Bellsouth DSL service, with Bellsouth hosting our domain. Our Outlook clients are set up for POP3/SMTP using mail.ourdomain.com. A few days ago, we began having email problems, especially when we try to send emails to each other. The returned emails say they are being rejected by the mailserver as possible spam. One of the returned emails said "Host blacklisted in sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org.swh.bellsouth.net." It then identified our public IP address. However, that IP address does not show as blacklisted on the spamhaus.org website. I rectifie...

Need help merging two Worksheet_Change modules #2
Thanks Dave, this is almost exactly what I want! The only thing I nee in the module now is that when they try to delete a validated cell an the INVALID appears, I want the cursor to return to that cell to forc them to select from the list - at the moment they can continue leavin INVALID as the value. Perhaps a message box telling them what the have done wrong would also be useful? Thanks in advance Fuzz -- fuzzyfrea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- fuzzyfreak's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1465 View thi...

Delete records based on a union query
I have created a union query to combine records from 2 tables into a single table that allows me to find any duplicates between the 2 tables. In a form I have set up a checkbox to to mark the records that I want to delete from one of the tables used to create the union. So my criteria should be that if the checkbox is marked yes in the union query, delete the corresponding record from only the main table. Haven't been able to figure this one out. On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 12:03:01 -0800, jeremiah <jeremiah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created a union query to combi...

Help #29
Here is my issue, I am going to try and explain this clear as possible, so please bare with me. How do I do a sumproduct for this?? This is all set up by team on the sheet I am working off of. Here is the example by column team name:employee name:total number of forms;average score I have a cover sheet that has each team listed and I need to have an overall average score for that team. The average needs to be weighted against the total number of forms. How can I return the overall avg score for that team on my cover sheet?? I hope this make sense?? Thanks ...

ESM 2003 Help Crash
Using any of the help screens in ESM 2003 causes ESM to crash. This is apparently a conflict with Exchange 2003 SP2 and IE7. Here's an article about it: http://searchexchange.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid43_gci1233854,00.html Is there a fix, or is Microsoft planning fix? This is underway. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Dgoldman http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman "Dave B" <daveb@atgnet.com> wrote in message news:%23Jg6weoLHHA.1816@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Using any of the help screens in ESM 2003 cau...

Date Parameter
How do I setup a parameter in a query for start and end dates on a bithday field based on just the month and day of the birthday field? Example Birthdates: 01/01/06; 02/01/06, 01/31/05, 06/01/69 If user imputs range as start date of 01/01/90 and end date of 01/31/2007, I need to return records with birthday of 01/01/06 and 01/31/05 regardless of year. On Tue, 8 May 2007 11:13:17 -0700, dh1069 wrote: > How do I setup a parameter in a query for start and end dates on a bithday > field based on just the month and day of the birthday field? > > Example Birthdates: 01/01/06; 02...

address list in excel need to get into outlook contacts
I am trying to get a spreadsheet full of contacts into outlook and outlook is not recognizing even after mapping. is ther a certain way to do the spreadsheet to get outlook to import correctly? You might try looking here: Microsoft.public.outlook Microsoft.public.outlook.contacts Microsoft.public.outlook.general Ed "mark odom" <metalroofing@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:042a01c3b23a$80f282d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to get a spreadsheet full of contacts into > outlook and outlook is not recognizing even after > mapping. is ther a certain w...

Access 2007 update queries does not update table in SQL Server 200
We have this application upgraded from Access 2003. This application is front end to SQL Server 2005. When we try to run any action queries, Access will show command executed successfully but it will have no effect on the table in SQL Server. This happen when we use WorkSpace and Begin Transaction. Any updates we do between Begin Trans to Commit trans will have no effect. Please help regards Khuzema UPDATE: We are using ODBC to connect to SQL Server 2005 "Khuzema" wrote: > We have this application upgraded from Access 2003. This application is front > end to SQL Se...

Access 2000 Date Count Help
Morning all, I have field that contains dates. I need to add up each time a visit is made. Easy enough. In a query, I run the date count and all works great. However, I need to filter out if the date of the last visit and next visit are within 2 days of themselves. Example. They might visit a customer on the November 21. They didn't complete the work. They will not return on the 22nd, because it's a Holiday, so they will return on the 23rd to finish up. I need to count that span of time as 1 visit, not 2. Any thoughts, suggestions? Thanks If the data you are storing is only...

HELP with Macros
hi, I need some help with recording a macro but every time I try to recor the macro in the personal macro workbook, I get a pop stating that th personal workbook needs to be opened in the start up folder in order t record, but I don't know how to open it. I would appreciate an suggestions. Thanks, Call -- call ----------------------------------------------------------------------- calli's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3756 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57194 save the personal.xls at C:\program file...

need a refresher: text boxes on charts that use relational formulas?
I could have sworn that a long time ago, I set up one or more text boxes on a graph that had formulas in them, so the text that was showing would automatically change each month. I'm now using Win2000/XL2003, and not having much luck- I want to put my legend on the bottom, then a text box under it where I will show 3 values (one for each legend item) to provide some additional information on the graph. I have too many graphs to do this and have to update it all manually. What is the best approach to use, to link the contents of my text box (or similar) to the contents of a cell that on m...