Need Query Help

I have two tables, Table A & Table B, in my database that have the
same fields (Name, SSN, etc). Most of the records in both tables are
identical, but each table has some unique records. I would like to run
a query that will select the unique records in Table A by comparing
SSNs, and then do the same for Table B.

I am a database novice, and have tried all the wizards and expression
builders with no luck.

Any help at all would be appreciated. Thank you!!!

Scott
Casa Grande, AZ

0
wurrzog

Hi Scott,

The "Find Unmatched Query Wizard" is what you need.  If you only want to
check for SSNs then just use that field when asked which field to match on.

If you want to find possible differences in other fields (for the same SSN),
you will need to add additional joins on more than a single field if you
have partial matches in the records.  Open the wizard-generated query in
design mode, drag a field from the first table to the corresponding field in
the second table to create a join, then right-click on the join line and
select the appropriate join type; add the field from the second table with
an Is Null criteria.

You will need two queries to find unmatched records in both tables.

HTH,

Rob

<wurrzog@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have two tables, Table A & Table B, in my database that have the
> same fields (Name, SSN, etc). Most of the records in both tables are
> identical, but each table has some unique records. I would like to run
> a query that will select the unique records in Table A by comparing
> SSNs, and then do the same for Table B.
>
> I am a database novice, and have tried all the wizards and expression
> builders with no luck.
>
> Any help at all would be appreciated. Thank you!!!
>
> Scott
> Casa Grande, AZ

0
Rob
4/3/2007 3:54:58 AM
On Apr 2, 8:54 pm, "Rob Parker"
<NOSPAMrobppar...@optusnet.com.au.REMOVETHIS> wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> The "Find Unmatched Query Wizard" is what you need.  If you only want to
> check for SSNs then just use that field when asked which field to match on.
>
> If you want to find possible differences in other fields (for the same SSN),
> you will need to add additional joins on more than a single field if you
> have partial matches in the records.  Open the wizard-generated query in
> design mode, drag a field from the first table to the corresponding field in
> the second table to create a join, then right-click on the join line and
> select the appropriate join type; add the field from the second table with
> an Is Null criteria.
>
> You will need two queries to find unmatched records in both tables.
>
> HTH,
>
> Rob
>
> <wurr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I have two tables, Table A & Table B, in my database that have the
> > same fields (Name, SSN, etc). Most of the records in both tables are
> > identical, but each table has some unique records. I would like to run
> > a query that will select the unique records in Table A by comparing
> > SSNs, and then do the same for Table B.
>
> > I am a database novice, and have tried all the wizards and expression
> > builders with no luck.
>
> > Any help at all would be appreciated. Thank you!!!
>
> > Scott
> > Casa Grande, AZ- Hide quoted text -

Rob - That worked!

Thank you very much!

0
wurrzog

HELP!! #2
Does anyone know how to Synch AIM mail to outlook? ...

Need to recall an invoice
Hullo. We have a user who accidentally deleted an invoice and would like it recalled. Is there a simple fix for this or do I need to call in some big guns? Thanks, Mike I take it the invoice was NOT posted? Was it transferred from an Order or keyed in? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Mike" wrote: > Hullo. We have a user who accidentally deleted an invoice and would > like it recalled. Is there a simple fix for thi...

Crosstab query totals
I have Query1 that returns 2 fields: CatID Step1Decision CatID can be 01 thru 29 Step1Decision can be N,X,P,D,R Query1: SELECT qryGrievances.CatID, qryGrievances.Step1Decision FROM qryGrievances, qryStartEnd Query2 uses Query1 joined to qryCategories to return all the categories and their description plus those in Query1 Query2: SELECT qryCategories.CatID, qryCategories.CatDesc, Query1.Step1Decision FROM qryCategories LEFT JOIN Query1 ON qryCategories.CatID = Query1.CatID Query3 uses Query2 in a crosstab so the Step1Decision (N,X,P,D,R) become column headings and cate...

money 2007 vs. providian ? please help
money wont retrieve info from providian. if i look up providian in the ms money compatibility link as posted by others I get 'direct services' what gives any help? In microsoft.public.money, newby wrote: >money wont retrieve info from providian. > >if i look up providian in the ms money compatibility link as posted by >others I get 'direct services' I don't think so. It looks like "third party". > >what gives > >any help? ...

Restarting Record Count in a Query
Hello, I have a query that returns these results for me: Badge No DepLastName DepFirstName 11111 Smith Mary 11111 Smith Joe 22222 Brown Bill 22222 Brown Mary 22222 Brown Jack I need to count the dependents that are linked to each Badge No so my results look like this Badge No Count DepLastName DepFirstName 11111 1 Smith Mary 11111 2 Smith Joe 22222 1 Brown Bill 22222 2 ...

Bar Graph Help
I'm trying to create a graph similar to the bar graph shown in the middle of the dashboard in the link below labeled as "YTD % of target", but don't know how to get the overlapping bars in excel. Can anyone advise? Thanks! http://www.bonavistasystems.com/Download2/Airline%20Dashboard2.png Here's one way to do it... Add the YTD % series to your bar graph, and then format the series so that it is on the secondary axis. XL will probably create a secondary X-axis, but that will cause a distortion of the data. We need them to be plotted on the same x-ax...

Excel Formula Guidance. Formula need to determine if cell is popul
Hi, Hopefully someone will be able to provide some guidance. I have been tasked with setting up some spreadsheets at work to application coming into my department and the number of days it takes for us to deal with them. To work this out is easy enough using formula =NETWORKDAYS(B4,E4,$A$119:$A$158) with the numbers involved with the $ referencing bank holidays listed in the spreadsheet and B4 received date and E4 being the completed date. I now need to include some extra lines as I need to be able to monitor written enquiries as well so the headings would read Application ...

How to convert Null values to zero when create an average query
This is my crosstab query Items Worked April 2010 March 2010 Average Reports 2 4 3 Tables 5 5 Files 2 2 2 As you can see, for "Tables" the query is giving me an average of "5" instead "2.5" because is not counting the null value date. How can I fix that? the SQL query so far is this: TRANSFORM Avg([Integrate Query].T...

Active Directory Backup Queries
I'm investigating the Active directory Backup functions and am somewhat confused. I have written a test program which I run on my machine (meteor). I have 2 queries: 1) If I call DsIsNTDSOnline(), passing in either of our live servers (dabs and galaxy) it succeeds and says that Active Directory is online. If I pass in our test server (dstest), it fails with RPC_S_INVALID_BINDING. MSDN for DsIsNTDSOnline() says that "The server must be the same computer that this function is called from". Surely it should return RPC_S_INVALID_BINDING for all 3 of the above cases since my machine...

Help Downloading OS to Target
Hi all. Kind of new to CE. I have managed to build a CEPC OS and have tested it on MS Virtual Machine. Problem I am having is trying to download it to the CEPC. From everything I can find, I need to have a 1.44 boot disk. Neither of my machines have a floppy drive. Ultimately, an ISO that can be burned to CD would be great! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. That depends on the media that your BIOS supports for booting -- Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman Eurotech Inc....

Cannot see fields in query design view on laptop; Access 2003
When in query design view on desktop (large screen), I can see the fields and criteria pane in the bottom half of the window, but when in query design view on laptop (small screen), I sometimes cannot see the fields and criteria pane no matter how far I scroll down. The only solution I have found so far is to move the fields and criteria pane to the top half of the window before closing the Access file on my desktop and before opening it on my laptop. Has anybody else run into this problem and found a way to view the fields and criteria pane if not immediately visible in the ...

Pivot Table Help #2
I have a sheet that I use to keep track daily of the value of inventory by day, and grouped by week. The value of the inventory is tracked by three different subgroups. (Below is an example). On my piviot table the values are grouped by type and by week. So what I get is a five day average of each Type by week, which is exactly what I want. My averages are as follows: M $796091.00 O $615069.00 R $3180669.00 =================== Grand Totals $1530609.00 The grand totals are where I need help. The grand total is an average of the avaerages. Is it possible to display a sum of the av...

dates in queries
I am using access 2007 and am having trouble filtering dates in my queries. I have a qry with multiple date fields. However I am only narrowing the criteria in the [discharge date] field by using >= [discharge date]. When I enter 10/01/2007 I get 40 entries from september. What am I doing wrong? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200710/1 Does 10/01/2007 mean October 1, 2007 to you, or does it mean January 10, 2007? When you type 10/01/2007, Jet (ACCESS) thinks you mean October 1, 2007, because it's programmed...

Need to access selective cells from Excel file stored at Sharepoin
I need to link my PPT 2007 slide with an Excel 2003/2007 sheet data stored at Sharepoint 2007. Excel sheet is having lots of cells/rows - hundreds, but i want only selective ranges to be visible in PPT slide. Moreover, if can apply some calculations prior to rendering the date, is also required. Any suggestions please? ...

Really Need Some Help Here
RMS V 1.3.1006 We have a closed location. We do not have their database (this was our first closed location - 1 yr ago). This location has inventory that resides on it. Their computer has been retasked, and wiped clean for the new location. We have reports that pull that location's inventory. That is bad. I have worked around the RMS reports to add filter qualities, like Store Region <> Closed, etc. However, now we are also using a separate reporting tool that does not function like this. Does anyone (please help me!) know a query that can be run from the HQ side to compl...

I need help with Ex5.5 OWA
Can someone please tell me how to set it up. I'm new to this company and I'd like to set this up for them as an alternative to check emails. My Enviornment: Windows 2000 Active Directory Exchange 5.5 You help will be appreciated. "nadia" <nadia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA4EED49-AEBD-4B43-8D69-87CD7AB1EF72@microsoft.com... > Can someone please tell me how to set it up. > I'm new to this company and I'd like to set this up for them as an > alternative to check emails. > > My Enviornment: Windows 2000 Active Directory...

MS Query Enetreing a date as Parameter
I'm trying to build a MS Query to access a quickbooks database using dates as parameters. So I enter [Enter Beginning Date] in the criteria and then 12/12/05 as my date when prompted which then gets either a "syntex error" or and "failure in conversion" error? What format should I use? ...

Help is "blank"
I had to reinstall windows and MS Office XP on my computer. Now the "Answer Wizard" and "Index" tabs are blank. The "Contents" tab still has the help tree. What did I do wrong? See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319956 "The Answer Wizard and the Help Index tabs appear blank when you use Help in an Office program". Joseph wrote: > I had to reinstall windows and MS Office XP on my computer. > Now the "Answer Wizard" and "Index" tabs are blank. The > "Contents" tab still has the help tree. > > What did...

Buid Query
How to use Collections Build Query window (Transactions | Sales | Build Query), because i can to see that option Hi, I'd love to help you Consulta, but I need more information on what you are trying to resolve. Leslie "Consulta" wrote: > How to use Collections Build Query window (Transactions | Sales | Build > Query), because i can to see that option ...

To Bernard or anyone who can help
Thanks for your reply Berbard. I can make a column or a bar chart without worrying about the order but here, I want to make the chart in order of score, in this case from highest to lowest but want to keep my spread sheet looking AB,B,C,D . . . . No, I don't have 4 entries. I have 32 entries. Hope this is sufficient. Thanks again for the prompt reply. Awaiting another reply Thanks Dharsh "Bernard Liengme" wrote: > Are you able to make a Bar or Column chart without worrying about the order? > Tell us the answer, and I will show you how to order the data. Can we ...

Sort, select and average macro help
Please help! I have a report that is pulled regularly. It contains thirty day of data each time. Header row on line 11. Data starts on line 12. Column C & D are the identifiers of a particular sector. Each sector has 30 lines of data, one each for 30 days. Then the next sector starts. For each sector, I need to sort column E from greatest to least, then average the second thru the seventh value. In the data below, 1201A would be the first sector, 1201B is the second...I need to take each sector, sort the Indices greatest to least for that sector, ignore the first line of data ...

Outlook Login info help
Ok, this a bit complicated I don't expect many to know this, but I hope someone does who is willing to share it . ... What is the file that the login information is stored in? And whare in the registry does it tell Outlook Express (2k) to Find this file/info is located? Primarally I need to know this a WinXP OS's, but hopefully I can find this information for the 98 version, (which is quite probably in a altogether different place within reg as is fairly standard in these matters) also account information is stored in the registry. (it would be under the HKCU hive for the l...

Exchange 2003 SMTP "bombing" - HELP
Hi Michael, there are no reverse DNS records (PTR) in place. hostname.ro is not our REAL name, I have changed it in those logs due to SPAM inquiries. And the problem is that OUR SERVER is QUIT-ing , not the corespondent : MY Server open a SMTP connection REMOTE Server says 220 .. MY Server says EHLO to REMOTE Server REMOTE Server says 250 ... MY Server then say QUIT ! (instead of MAIL FROM ....) More than that, the REMOTE Server has no time to say ALL the 250 Answers he is able to, because MY Server says QUIT : 250-mail.focusadv.ro 250-PIPELINING 250-SIZE 25000000 250-VRFY 250-ETRN 250 8...

Join Query?
I have 6 tables that have the same data types in them. It is 6 levels of information, but for each level the data collected is the same. So for instance, in the tblMainGoals i have GoalID, GoalNumber and GoalName. Then in the tblLevel2Goals I have Level2ID, Level2Number and Level2Name, etc. There is also a field on tblLevel2Goals for GoalID, which links artificially the two goals together (ie, all Level 2 Goals are a subset of a main goal). Is there a way to create a query which will simply list all the goals, without repeating them? Ideally I'd like a query that had ID, Number, Name as th...

Disabled Person Needs Icons to work
Hi, My sister is a quadraplegic and and is running win7 64bit on a dell laptop Inspirion 1750. Her desktop icons do not work and her shot cuts do not work. She needs to work from the dektop because we need as few clicks as possible. I have tried to find the solution but I have have not. Can someone help? Do you mean that when you click, or double click, on an icon that nothing happens? Is she using a mouse or the touchpad? Can you be a little more descriptive about the problem? Has this been happening from the time you got the laptop, or installed Win 7? Or, did it ju...