Need Query Help

I have two tables, Table A & Table B, in my database that have the
same fields (Name, SSN, etc). Most of the records in both tables are
identical, but each table has some unique records. I would like to run
a query that will select the unique records in Table A by comparing
SSNs, and then do the same for Table B.

I am a database novice, and have tried all the wizards and expression
builders with no luck.

Any help at all would be appreciated. Thank you!!!

Scott
Casa Grande, AZ

0
wurrzog

Hi Scott,

The "Find Unmatched Query Wizard" is what you need.  If you only want to
check for SSNs then just use that field when asked which field to match on.

If you want to find possible differences in other fields (for the same SSN),
you will need to add additional joins on more than a single field if you
have partial matches in the records.  Open the wizard-generated query in
design mode, drag a field from the first table to the corresponding field in
the second table to create a join, then right-click on the join line and
select the appropriate join type; add the field from the second table with
an Is Null criteria.

You will need two queries to find unmatched records in both tables.

HTH,

Rob

<wurrzog@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have two tables, Table A & Table B, in my database that have the
> same fields (Name, SSN, etc). Most of the records in both tables are
> identical, but each table has some unique records. I would like to run
> a query that will select the unique records in Table A by comparing
> SSNs, and then do the same for Table B.
>
> I am a database novice, and have tried all the wizards and expression
> builders with no luck.
>
> Any help at all would be appreciated. Thank you!!!
>
> Scott
> Casa Grande, AZ

0
Rob
4/3/2007 3:54:58 AM
On Apr 2, 8:54 pm, "Rob Parker"
<NOSPAMrobppar...@optusnet.com.au.REMOVETHIS> wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> The "Find Unmatched Query Wizard" is what you need.  If you only want to
> check for SSNs then just use that field when asked which field to match on.
>
> If you want to find possible differences in other fields (for the same SSN),
> you will need to add additional joins on more than a single field if you
> have partial matches in the records.  Open the wizard-generated query in
> design mode, drag a field from the first table to the corresponding field in
> the second table to create a join, then right-click on the join line and
> select the appropriate join type; add the field from the second table with
> an Is Null criteria.
>
> You will need two queries to find unmatched records in both tables.
>
> HTH,
>
> Rob
>
> <wurr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I have two tables, Table A & Table B, in my database that have the
> > same fields (Name, SSN, etc). Most of the records in both tables are
> > identical, but each table has some unique records. I would like to run
> > a query that will select the unique records in Table A by comparing
> > SSNs, and then do the same for Table B.
>
> > I am a database novice, and have tried all the wizards and expression
> > builders with no luck.
>
> > Any help at all would be appreciated. Thank you!!!
>
> > Scott
> > Casa Grande, AZ- Hide quoted text -

Rob - That worked!

Thank you very much!

0
wurrzog

Automate Update Query Parameters using Macros
Hi I am currently trying to automate a number of databases so that they can be run 'at the push of a button'. The first of these databases contains my master tables which are raw downloads from and antiquated mainframe system. The data comes down in text file format which is then imported into Access Tables. I then run a number of update queries against the tables to convert dates and codes etc into meaningful data. Previously I have run these update queries manually but now intend to use a number of macros to be able to run them at the push of a button. I am mainly using the OpenQu...

Why do these two queries give me different answers?
I have written two queries which total the same fields but I get two different answers. Here is Query1: SELECT tblmaintabs.txtMonthlabel, Sum([txtClientsdomfacsole]+[txtClientsdomidsole]+[txtClientsexpsole]+[txtClientsimpsole]+[txtstockfinsole]+[txtClientsABLsole]) AS [Sum Of txtTotNbrClientssole] FROM tblmaintabs GROUP BY tblmaintabs.txtMonthlabel HAVING (((tblmaintabs.txtMonthlabel)=#9/1/2009#)); Here is Query2 SELECT tblmaintabs.txtMonthlabel, Sum(tblmaintabs.txtClientsdomfacsole) AS SumOftxtClientsdomfacsole, Sum(tblmaintabs.txtClientsdomidsole) AS SumOftxtClientsdomid...

Calling HTML Help from subform
I'm working in ACCESS 2003 on Windows XP. I converted our .hlp help file to ..chm and I am using the code from Microsoft's web page at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=275117 to call it. Our .chm help file opens fine for all forms and controls except for subforms which are contained within main forms. Can anyone tell me how to change the code so it (the help file) opens when the focus is on a control in a subform? When the focus is on a control on the main form the code works but not when the focus is on the subform. I have context IDs on all the form and subform controls. Th...

Weird lines showing up on query, report & table printouts
I'm using Access 2007 and everything was working fine. Then all of a sudden it started printing very small grid lines in the upper left corner of every page of any query, report, or table printout. Everything looks fine in print preview but the lines keep showing up on the printouts. I found one website where another person described the same problem (it was posted in 2006 so was probably for an earlier version of Access) but there were no suggestions given as to what might have caused the problem or how to fix it. I've tried rebooting the computer, using earlier backup v...

Need code to detect grouped sheets
Hi, I'm writing a For Next procedure that would loop through a collection of password protected worksheets, uprotect each and do something. However, the code would fail if some worksheets are grouped. Please can someone provide me with the code needed to detect the existence of grouped worksheets and then ungroup them. I have failed to find anything that seems to work from the online help such as hasarray etc. Thanks Andy, Try something like If ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Count > 1 Then MsgBox "Grouped Sheets" Else MsgBox "No grouped sheets" End ...

need to convert microsoft date to yyyymmdd
I have a file in which I concatenate two fields, the vendor and the date. it shows as 40255-3042 I would like 20100318-3042 Here's my formula: =concatenate(O2,"-",B2) Can anyone help me format the date field I am picking up in column O2? =text(o2,"yyyymmdd")&"-"&b2 or maybe... =text(o2,"yyyymmdd")&"-"&text(b2,"0000") To make sure that that vendor is 4 digits, too. pm wrote: > > I have a file in which I concatenate two fields, the vendor and the date. > > it shows as 40255-3042...

getting information needed for payment query
I am a new access user, currently trying to build a database system for my musicschool. Has been reading quite some books but none can answer some of my needs. I am using access to generate receipts for the students. My students pay their fee on a monthly basis. I have already build a table for tblCourses(describing the courses available and relevant level with teachers assigned to each course), tblStudent(students particulars with studentID), tblLesson(couses students taking, teacherID, starting date, termination date etc) and Payment (to issue receipt and update payment). I need a ...

Formula Help 03-01-10
I need to find how many times Dan occurs in a certain month. Example Below. A B 1 1/2/10 Dan 2 1/5/10 Dan 3 1/10/10 Perry 4 2/3/10 Perry 5 2/7/10 Dan 6 2/12/10 Perry Answer = 2 for January & 1 for February -- Thanks! PIVOT table is the right tool for this. "mahlandj" wrote: > I need to find how many times Dan occurs in a certain month. Example Below. > > A ...

Need to obtain Exchange 5.5 Enterprise Media (CD)
I am licensed for Exchange 2003 Enterprise so I can legally install Exchange 5.5 Enterprise, but since it is discontinued I cannot purchase the media from Microsoft. I also cannot find it in the channel anywhere. Where can this be found? I'm at the 16GB limit on Exchange 5.5 Standard but don't want to jump full bore into Exchange 2003 until we're fully ready, so I'm desperate to get 5.5 Enterprise installed. Any advice appreciated. Thanks, Have you called MS? If you're licenseed you should be able to get replacement media... "Tomahawk" <tomahawk@catalini.o...

Help ! Import Items from Excel or Comma Delimited file
Current user of Quicksell 2000 planning on upgrading. I have never used Quicksell to the fullest extent possible but am planning on using RMS to the maximum extent possible. Local partner familiar to RMS but I from reading it seems you might have so more information to help me and him. When I spoke with the local partner he said it wasn't possible to import price updates yearly from suppliers. I have multiple suppliers for one product I will probably use the UPC for the item number. He said I could import once but would have to manually update the prices each year from the sup...

help updating dialog box with status message
Hi all, I am new to C and having problems understanding the documentation : ( I have been using Visual Basic 6 and before that cobol and rpg. I have visual studio 6 so thats the C++ I am using. I have a project that was created as an MFC exe program dialog type. I have it all working , user selects filename and data is extracted from the selected file to a listbox. I use a static text box to put out a "processing complete" message at the end. I would like to put out a status message at various stages of processing the file since it can take up to 5 minutes on large files . How...

Can't Find "Help" in Excel 2003
I just upgraded to Excel 2003. The "Help" seems to be much different. It seems to be only an Online Help... and there is no "Index" feature that I can find. Is there a normal "Help" like what I had with Excel 97 ? Hi this is one of the 'wonderful' new Excel features. if you still have your old installation CDs I'd suggest to copy the older hlp files to your HD and use these help files instead >-----Original Message----- >I just upgraded to Excel 2003. The "Help" seems to be much different. It seems to be only an Online...

last transaction in a query?
I have a table with 5 fields ID PersonID EDate Amount and TransType I want a query with the last record of each person based on date and I want the results like this PersonID LastOfEDate Amount TransType if a person has tow transactions in the max date I want only one of them How can i do that? thanks On Jul 1, 4:36 pm, zions...@gmail.com wrote: > I have a table with 5 fields > ID PersonID EDate Amount and TransType > > I want a query with the last record of each person based on date and > I > want the results like this > > PersonID LastOfEDate Amount TransTy...

Need help getting timezone info in webservice
When communicating with a server via webservices, I need to view and set the timezone information for a simple object (it contains one DateTime and one string). Is there a way to force the DateTime part into a string on the client size, so I can examine the contents (custom serializer/deserializer?)? After about two days straight, I'm getting more familiar with XML and webservices. However most of the examples that seem close to what I'm trying to do are written with respect to files not webservices, or they involve modifications on the server side. I have several VS genera...

How to add more that one tables or queries to report record source
How to add more that one tables or queries to report record source? In Access 2003. Hi All, Add more than one tables or queries to report record source. Thanks. "TP88" wrote: > How to add more that one tables or queries to report record source? In Access > 2003. Create a new query in design view. Add as many tables and/or queries as is appropriate. Join them on their common fields. Select fields from them to display in the output. Save the query. Run it to make sure it retrieves the data you want. Create a report and point it to the new query ...

web site help
asked for help on this page http://www.newbid.net/index.asp someone suggested c pearson.com......hasn't responded...any other suggestions? Sorry wrong link...... should be http://www.newbid.net/newbid_calculator.asp someone tried in asp and didn't get very far http://www.drum-world.com/other/default.asp "Lou" <l.bertone@comcast.net> wrote in message news:5J6Hb.144335$8y1.430378@attbi_s52... > asked for help on this page > http://www.newbid.net/index.asp > > someone suggested c pearson.com......hasn't responded...any other > suggestions? > L...

Help
Hi all, I'm hoping I can get some assistance on an issue that came up recently. I'm running Exchange 2000 (post SP3 roll-up) on Windows 2000 (SP3 + security updates). We had been running Veritas BackupExec 8.6 on a remote server with the Exchange agent installed and backups were proceeding fine. I recently upgraded to 9.0 in preparation for a 2003 upgrade in the coming months and that is when I think these problems started. I have 2 storage groups ... 1 with managers' mailboxes and the other with the bulk of user mailboxes and the PF's. After my first full backup with the n...

Retrieve contacts from public folder for query based dist group
I'm wanting to create a query based distribution group based upon the contacts in a public folder. Is this possible? If so how would I go about building the LDAP query? Thanks! No. QBDL's (and any other DL/Group) must contain information in Active Directory. Public Folder Contacts are not in AD. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne <tsumners@logickey.com> wrote in message news:1126893788.415510.211070@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I'm wanting to create a query based distribution group based upon the > contacts in a public folder. Is this possible? If...

Need to re-install DPM2007
A few weeks ago, someone made a change to our AD policies but nobody is owning up to what was changed. This broke reporting services on the DPM server. Now I am unable to configure reporting services and am presented with a cannot connect to DPM database when I try. Everything else looks like its working ok but there are loads of events in the reporting log file suggesting that the account stored in the report server isnt the same as the one being used or something like that. I'm not a SQL expert so have no idea what it's trying to do so I was wondering if I should re-ins...

Open Access query in Excel with 'save formatted'
I have a query in access which is doing a group by on one field and a sum on another field. The query runs fine and I get one ID (group by) and a total (sum). I have a macro which will open the result of this query in Excel. When this runs all of the data (no group by or sum) is being sent to Excel. If I were to do a file export on the query and click on 'save formatted' then I get exactly what I want but using the macro to do the export is not allowing me to 'save formatted' so I am ending up with all of the data in my Excel spreadsheet. I am wondering if there is a wa...

formula help:adding without regard to +/-
How do I tell excel to add a column of numbers without regard to +/- sign. I want to know the gross total of all adjustments, not the net. Here's the scenario. A house sells for $200,000, we make adjustments for differences, say -$1,000 here, +3,000 there, I want excel to tell me that I've made $4000 in adjustments - not +2000. Thanks for your help. Vivian =SUM(ABS(E1:E10)) entered with ctrl + shift & enter or =SUMPRODUCT(ABS(E1:E10)) entered normally -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Viviank" <Viviank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Excel formula fill. Help needed...
Group, I are trying to fill a number of rows from a formula that is based on previously calculated data. For example, column D has values based on Column B where D3 is the sum of D2+B3. I auto filled Column D the desired number of rows and the rows filled in properly. Now, Column E is based on Column D minus a constant of 234 with the same pattern as Column D where E3 is the difference of D3-I4 (the cell with the value 234). Now, how would I fill in Column E the desired number of rows (85). Thanks, Jim =D3-$I$4 "Jim" <Jim_mace@Hotmail.com> wrote in message new...

Need Clarity Regarding Win 2008 DC and Exchange 03 SP2
Hi All, I was hoping someone could provide some clarity regarding installing a Win 2008 DC into an existing 2003 sp2 native mode domain that contains Exchange 2003 sp2. I have looked at the compatibility matrix as well as some other posts here and wanted to confirm the following: A Win 2008 DC is supported and Exchange 2003 SP2 will work fine as long as there are still other 2003 DC's around and the domain functional level remains at 2003? Does this holds true for NT machines as well? Is it OK for the 2008 DC to hold all the FSMO roles and everything still work n...

Tracking Tab Help
I am re-posting this as I have not received a solution. It appears I am not the only one with this issue. Can any one help? "semler3" <semler3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:9C7A0D06-66A9-4982-87F3-0D1AD2AF0256@microsoft.com... >I am sending emails with "request delivery receipt". I AM receiving > conformation emails that the mail was sent, however I want to keep track > in the sent items folder. Outlook help tells me to click on the "tracking tab" > but I can't find such a thing. Please help! "Patr...

How To Stop Acces From Update The Record When The Subform Query Is On Focus?
Hi I need to know how to stop acces from update the record when the subform query is on focus? Thanks In news:1177155216.699820.268130@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com, Chipcom <bz1977@gmail.com> wrote: > > I need to know how to stop acces from update the record when the > subform query is on focus? If you mean that you want to keep the main form's record from being saved when the subform gets the focus, the only ways you can do that are: 1. Have the main form be unbound. In that case your own code has to do the job of reading the record, assigning its field values to ...