Multiple If statements in the criteria of a query

I'm trying to instert the following in the criteria section of a query in
query builder; the itself is the record source for a list box
If Forms!frmPtDemographicNew.frmVisitNewEdit.Form!fldVisitType = "Ablation"
Then

    Me.lstRNnotesLU.RowSource = "SELECT * FROM tblRNnotesLU " & _
      "WHERE fldRNnotesCode = 'A'" & "ORDER BY [fld.order]"

         Else: If Forms!frmPtDemographicNew.frmVisitNewEdit.Form!fldVisitType
= "Device" Then

                    Me.lstRNnotesLU.RowSource = "SELECT * FROM tblRNnotesLU "
& _
                         "WHERE fldRNnotesCode = 'D'" & "ORDER BY [fld.order]
"

                End If
           End If
I started this by placing it in the onOpen event of the form, but then I
realized I don't want to hard code this in the form. I'd rather to just be
able to do it within a query. Then if I add new VisitTypes I can simply
modify the query without touching the code in the form.

I know my criteria statement is wrong, therefore your help is greatly
appreciated. Rob

RobUCSD

First of all, your existing code is incorrect: you're missing a space
between the condition, and the ORDER BY clause.

If those are the only two options, try creating the following query, and
using it for as the RowSource of your listbox:

SELECT * FROM tblRNnotesLU
WHERE fldRNnotesCode =
Left(Forms!frmPtDemographicNew.frmVisitNewEdit.Form!fldVisitType, 1)
ORDER BY [fld.order]

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"RobUCSD via AccessMonster.com" <u34500@uwe> wrote in message
> I'm trying to instert the following in the criteria section of a query in
> query builder; the itself is the record source for a list box
> *******************************************************************************************************
> If Forms!frmPtDemographicNew.frmVisitNewEdit.Form!fldVisitType =
> "Ablation"
> Then
>
>    Me.lstRNnotesLU.RowSource = "SELECT * FROM tblRNnotesLU " & _
>      "WHERE fldRNnotesCode = 'A'" & "ORDER BY [fld.order]"
>
>         Else: If
> Forms!frmPtDemographicNew.frmVisitNewEdit.Form!fldVisitType
> = "Device" Then
>
>                    Me.lstRNnotesLU.RowSource = "SELECT * FROM tblRNnotesLU
> "
> & _
>                         "WHERE fldRNnotesCode = 'D'" & "ORDER BY
> [fld.order]
> "
>
>                End If
>           End If
> I started this by placing it in the onOpen event of the form, but then I
> realized I don't want to hard code this in the form. I'd rather to just be
> able to do it within a query. Then if I add new VisitTypes I can simply
> modify the query without touching the code in the form.
>
> I know my criteria statement is wrong, therefore your help is greatly
> appreciated. Rob

Douglas
6/5/2007 3:30:24 PM
Try this --
SELECT tblRNnotesLU.*
FROM tblRNnotesLU
WHERE (((tblRNnotesLU.fldRNnotesCode)=[Enter Code]))
ORDER BY tblRNnotesLU.Order;

--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"RobUCSD via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> I'm trying to instert the following in the criteria section of a query in
> query builder; the itself is the record source for a list box
> *******************************************************************************************************
> If Forms!frmPtDemographicNew.frmVisitNewEdit.Form!fldVisitType = "Ablation"
> Then
>
>     Me.lstRNnotesLU.RowSource = "SELECT * FROM tblRNnotesLU " & _
>       "WHERE fldRNnotesCode = 'A'" & "ORDER BY [fld.order]"
>
>          Else: If Forms!frmPtDemographicNew.frmVisitNewEdit.Form!fldVisitType
> = "Device" Then
>
>                     Me.lstRNnotesLU.RowSource = "SELECT * FROM tblRNnotesLU "
> & _
>                          "WHERE fldRNnotesCode = 'D'" & "ORDER BY [fld.order]
> "
>
>                 End If
>            End If
> I started this by placing it in the onOpen event of the form, but then I
> realized I don't want to hard code this in the form. I'd rather to just be
> able to do it within a query. Then if I add new VisitTypes I can simply
> modify the query without touching the code in the form.
>
> I know my criteria statement is wrong, therefore your help is greatly
> appreciated. Rob

My Access 2002 SP3 will not let me create a field named   fld.order  so as to
sort on.

--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> First of all, your existing code is incorrect: you're missing a space
> between the condition, and the ORDER BY clause.
>
> If those are the only two options, try creating the following query, and
> using it for as the RowSource of your listbox:
>
> SELECT * FROM tblRNnotesLU
> WHERE fldRNnotesCode =
> Left(Forms!frmPtDemographicNew.frmVisitNewEdit.Form!fldVisitType, 1)
> ORDER BY [fld.order]
>

> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "RobUCSD via AccessMonster.com" <u34500@uwe> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to instert the following in the criteria section of a query in
> > query builder; the itself is the record source for a list box
> > *******************************************************************************************************
> > If Forms!frmPtDemographicNew.frmVisitNewEdit.Form!fldVisitType =
> > "Ablation"
> > Then
> >
> >    Me.lstRNnotesLU.RowSource = "SELECT * FROM tblRNnotesLU " & _
> >      "WHERE fldRNnotesCode = 'A'" & "ORDER BY [fld.order]"
> >
> >         Else: If
> > Forms!frmPtDemographicNew.frmVisitNewEdit.Form!fldVisitType
> > = "Device" Then
> >
> >                    Me.lstRNnotesLU.RowSource = "SELECT * FROM tblRNnotesLU
> > "
> > & _
> >                         "WHERE fldRNnotesCode = 'D'" & "ORDER BY
> > [fld.order]
> > "
> >
> >                End If
> >           End If
> > ****************************************************************************************************
> > I started this by placing it in the onOpen event of the form, but then I
> > realized I don't want to hard code this in the form. I'd rather to just be
> > able to do it within a query. Then if I add new VisitTypes I can simply
> > modify the query without touching the code in the form.
> >
> > I know my criteria statement is wrong, therefore your help is greatly
> > appreciated. Rob
> >
> > --

Thanks Doug, actually there are 5 different visit types and each type can
have more than one code, i.e., Ablation = A and E. I only wrote re: the 2 to
make things easier. Once I have the syntax down for one type I can do the
others.

I'd rather do this in a query as there maybe future visit types. Then I can
alter the query and not the code. So back to my original post, can I place
the criteria, based on frmPtDemographicNew.frmVisitNewEdit.Form!fldVisitType
in the criteria of the field from my initial query that populates the list?
Hope this makes sense. Thanks, Rob
Douglas J. Steele wrote:
>First of all, your existing code is incorrect: you're missing a space
>between the condition, and the ORDER BY clause.
>
>If those are the only two options, try creating the following query, and
>using it for as the RowSource of your listbox:
>
>SELECT * FROM tblRNnotesLU
>WHERE fldRNnotesCode =
>Left(Forms!frmPtDemographicNew.frmVisitNewEdit.Form!fldVisitType, 1)
>ORDER BY [fld.order]
>
>> I'm trying to instert the following in the criteria section of a query in
>> query builder; the itself is the record source for a list box
>[quoted text clipped - 27 lines]
>> I know my criteria statement is wrong, therefore your help is greatly
>> appreciated. Rob

RobUCSD
6/5/2007 3:59:27 PM
Is this to go in the criteria of the underlying query. if so, it doesn't work.
I get "subquery can't return multiple records."

Again, I need to use If Then statements in a query's criteria. thank for your
help and I look forward to anymore suggestions. Thanks, rob

KARL DEWEY wrote:
>Try this --
>SELECT tblRNnotesLU.*
>FROM tblRNnotesLU
>WHERE (((tblRNnotesLU.fldRNnotesCode)=[Enter Code]))
>ORDER BY tblRNnotesLU.Order;
>
>> I'm trying to instert the following in the criteria section of a query in
>> query builder; the itself is the record source for a list box
>[quoted text clipped - 23 lines]
>> I know my criteria statement is wrong, therefore your help is greatly
>> appreciated. Rob

RobUCSD
6/5/2007 4:42:39 PM
Ok Doug, here's my latest try. This goes in the criteria section in my query
qryRNnotesLU.fldRNnotesCode. Of course I get syntax errors. Could you please
help if you have a chance. Thanks, Rob

If (Forms!frmPtDemographicNew.frmVisitNewEdit.Form!fldVisitType = "Ablation")
Then
WHERE "fldRNnotesCode = 'A' AND 'E'"

Douglas J. Steele wrote:
>First of all, your existing code is incorrect: you're missing a space
>between the condition, and the ORDER BY clause.
>
>If those are the only two options, try creating the following query, and
>using it for as the RowSource of your listbox:
>
>SELECT * FROM tblRNnotesLU
>WHERE fldRNnotesCode =
>Left(Forms!frmPtDemographicNew.frmVisitNewEdit.Form!fldVisitType, 1)
>ORDER BY [fld.order]
>
>> I'm trying to instert the following in the criteria section of a query in
>> query builder; the itself is the record source for a list box
>[quoted text clipped - 27 lines]
>> I know my criteria statement is wrong, therefore your help is greatly
>> appreciated. Rob

RobUCSD
6/5/2007 5:24:33 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "in the criteria section in my query".

Are you saying you've typed that into the criteria cell in the graphical
query builder? It's not a valid If statement (there's no End If), but even
if it were, you can't put VBA into a query like that. Additionally
"fldRNnotesCode = 'A' AND 'E'" is invalid syntax (it would likely need to be
"fldRNnotesCode = 'A' AND fldRNnotesCode = 'E'", but that won't return
anything, since it's not possible for there to be a row which has two
different values for the same field.)

How about explaining in words what you're trying to do? As you saw, your
first attempt to describe was a little to abbreviated, since what I posted
your needs.

--

> Ok Doug, here's my latest try. This goes in the criteria section in my
> query
> qryRNnotesLU.fldRNnotesCode. Of course I get syntax errors. Could you
> please
> help if you have a chance. Thanks, Rob
>
> If (Forms!frmPtDemographicNew.frmVisitNewEdit.Form!fldVisitType =
> "Ablation")
> Then
> WHERE "fldRNnotesCode = 'A' AND 'E'"
>
> Douglas J. Steele wrote:
>>First of all, your existing code is incorrect: you're missing a space
>>between the condition, and the ORDER BY clause.
>>
>>If those are the only two options, try creating the following query, and
>>using it for as the RowSource of your listbox:
>>
>>SELECT * FROM tblRNnotesLU
>>WHERE fldRNnotesCode =
>>Left(Forms!frmPtDemographicNew.frmVisitNewEdit.Form!fldVisitType, 1)
>>ORDER BY [fld.order]
>>
>>> I'm trying to instert the following in the criteria section of a query
>>> in
>>> query builder; the itself is the record source for a list box
>>[quoted text clipped - 27 lines]
>>> I know my criteria statement is wrong, therefore your help is greatly
>>> appreciated. Rob

Douglas
6/5/2007 5:46:51 PM
Douglas J. Steele wrote:
>I'm not sure what you mean by "in the criteria section in my query".
>
>Are you saying you've typed that into the criteria cell in the graphical
>query builder?
Yes!
It's not a valid If statement (there's no End If), but even
>if it were, you can't put VBA into a query like that. Additionally
>"fldRNnotesCode = 'A' AND 'E'" is invalid syntax (it would likely need to be
>"fldRNnotesCode = 'A' AND fldRNnotesCode = 'E'", but that won't return
>anything, since it's not possible for there to be a row which has two
>different values for the same field.)

Here's the sql statement as it was before I tried to insert the If statement
in the criteria cell of fldRNnotesCode:

SELECT tblRNnotesLookUp.fldRNnotesLUno, tblRNnotesLookUp.fldNote,
tblRNnotesLookUp.fldRNnotesCode, tblRNnotesLookUp.fldOrder
FROM tblRNnotesLookUp
WHERE (((tblRNnotesLookUp.fldRNnotesCode)="A" Or (tblRNnotesLookUp.
fldRNnotesCode)="E"))
ORDER BY tblRNnotesLookUp.fldOrder;

What I want is the query output to modified based on the value in the
fldVisitType. If the valueof fldVisitType =1, then the criteria for the for
fldRNnotesCode will be (((tblRNnotesLookUp.fldRNnotesCode)="A" Or
(tblRNnotesLookUp.fldRNnotesCode)="E"))

Hope that clarifies. Thanks for your help.

>How about explaining in words what you're trying to do? As you saw, your
>first attempt to describe was a little to abbreviated, since what I posted
>your needs.
>
>> Ok Doug, here's my latest try. This goes in the criteria section in my
>> query
>[quoted text clipped - 24 lines]

RobUCSD
6/5/2007 6:15:37 PM
Since you need to map from one visit type value in the form field to
multiple possible notes codes in the table you're querying, you'd likely be
best off creating a table that maps between the two. (If it's a many-to-many
relationhips between them, you'll need to introduce an intersection table to
resolve that). You can then join that mapping table to your existing table,
and then simply compare to the value on your form.

--

> Douglas J. Steele wrote:
>>I'm not sure what you mean by "in the criteria section in my query".
>>
>>Are you saying you've typed that into the criteria cell in the graphical
>>query builder?
> Yes!
> It's not a valid If statement (there's no End If), but even
>>if it were, you can't put VBA into a query like that. Additionally
>>"fldRNnotesCode = 'A' AND 'E'" is invalid syntax (it would likely need to
>>be
>>"fldRNnotesCode = 'A' AND fldRNnotesCode = 'E'", but that won't return
>>anything, since it's not possible for there to be a row which has two
>>different values for the same field.)
>
> Here's the sql statement as it was before I tried to insert the If
> statement
> in the criteria cell of fldRNnotesCode:
>
> SELECT tblRNnotesLookUp.fldRNnotesLUno, tblRNnotesLookUp.fldNote,
> tblRNnotesLookUp.fldRNnotesCode, tblRNnotesLookUp.fldOrder
> FROM tblRNnotesLookUp
> WHERE (((tblRNnotesLookUp.fldRNnotesCode)="A" Or (tblRNnotesLookUp.
> fldRNnotesCode)="E"))
> ORDER BY tblRNnotesLookUp.fldOrder;
>
> What I want is the query output to modified based on the value in the
> fldVisitType. If the valueof fldVisitType =1, then the criteria for the
> for
> fldRNnotesCode will be (((tblRNnotesLookUp.fldRNnotesCode)="A" Or
> (tblRNnotesLookUp.fldRNnotesCode)="E"))
>
> Hope that clarifies. Thanks for your help.
>
>>How about explaining in words what you're trying to do? As you saw, your
>>first attempt to describe was a little to abbreviated, since what I posted
>>all
>>your needs.
>>
>>> Ok Doug, here's my latest try. This goes in the criteria section in my
>>> query
>>[quoted text clipped - 24 lines]

Douglas
6/5/2007 6:30:54 PM
Ok Doug, could you take on more crack at it. This is what I have in the
criteria cell now.

If Forms![frmPtDemographicNew]![frmVisitNewEdit].Form![ReasonForVisitTest] =
"Ablation"
WHERE=(((tblRNnotesLookUp.fldRNnotesCode)="A" Or (tblRNnotesLookUp.
fldRNnotesCode)="E"))
ORDER BY tblRNnotesLookUp.fldOrder;

I get a syntax error. I don't know how to do the transition between the If
Forms![frmPtDemographicNew]![frmVisitNewEdit].Form![ReasonForVisitTest] =
"Ablation"  and the Where statement

..Could you pls help. The previous query I posted using multiple criteria
works, that's why I believe it will work if I can just pluck the visit type
of the form.

Thanks, Rob
Douglas J. Steele wrote:
>Since you need to map from one visit type value in the form field to
>multiple possible notes codes in the table you're querying, you'd likely be
>best off creating a table that maps between the two. (If it's a many-to-many
>relationhips between them, you'll need to introduce an intersection table to
>resolve that). You can then join that mapping table to your existing table,
>and then simply compare to the value on your form.
>
>>>I'm not sure what you mean by "in the criteria section in my query".
>>>
>[quoted text clipped - 39 lines]

RobUCSD
6/5/2007 6:54:30 PM
I don't understand why you're so insistent for me to help you if you're
going to ignore my advice!

As I wrote earlier, "you can't put VBA into a query like that"

Switch to SQL view: you'll see you've created a nightmare!

I don't see why you think it'll be any easier to maintain the hard coding in
a query than it is in a form. The correct approach is to maintain the
mappings in a table.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele
(no private e-mails, please)

> Ok Doug, could you take on more crack at it. This is what I have in the
> criteria cell now.
>
> If Forms![frmPtDemographicNew]![frmVisitNewEdit].Form![ReasonForVisitTest]
> =
> "Ablation"
> WHERE=(((tblRNnotesLookUp.fldRNnotesCode)="A" Or (tblRNnotesLookUp.
> fldRNnotesCode)="E"))
> ORDER BY tblRNnotesLookUp.fldOrder;
>
> I get a syntax error. I don't know how to do the transition between the If
> Forms![frmPtDemographicNew]![frmVisitNewEdit].Form![ReasonForVisitTest] =
> "Ablation"  and the Where statement
>
> Could you pls help. The previous query I posted using multiple criteria
> works, that's why I believe it will work if I can just pluck the visit
> type
> of the form.
>
> Thanks, Rob
> Douglas J. Steele wrote:
>>Since you need to map from one visit type value in the form field to
>>multiple possible notes codes in the table you're querying, you'd likely
>>be
>>best off creating a table that maps between the two. (If it's a
>>many-to-many
>>relationhips between them, you'll need to introduce an intersection table
>>resolve that). You can then join that mapping table to your existing
>>table,
>>and then simply compare to the value on your form.

>>[quoted text clipped - 39 lines]

Douglas
6/5/2007 8:58:12 PM
I'm sorry I have upset you. Not everybody is as keen as you are. Thanks for
your help.

Douglas J. Steele wrote:
>I don't understand why you're so insistent for me to help you if you're
>going to ignore my advice!
>
>As I wrote earlier, "you can't put VBA into a query like that"
>
>Switch to SQL view: you'll see you've created a nightmare!
>
>I don't see why you think it'll be any easier to maintain the hard coding in
>a query than it is in a form. The correct approach is to maintain the
>mappings in a table.
>
>> Ok Doug, could you take on more crack at it. This is what I have in the
>> criteria cell now.
>[quoted text clipped - 33 lines]

RobUCSD

Multiple Sessions of Outlook
Is it possible to run multiple Outlook sessions at the same time with different profiles? sid. No. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Sid" <sidboswell@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c6b901c3b9ed$98ef8e90$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to run multiple Outlook sessions at the > same time with different profiles? > > sid. ...

problem with multiple SMTP domains in Exchange Server 2003
Hi there I have added a second SMTP domain to the Email Addresses (Policy) as follows: Recipients > Recipient Policies > Default Policy > Email Addresses (Policy) > New ... > SMTP Address > @xyz.com > (checked) This Exchange Organization is responsible for all mail delivery > to this address > Apply. When I do so, I no longer receive external emails on the first SMTP domain (@abc.com). Is this related to relay settings, or perhaps something else? Best regards Loane ...

Deserialize an XML file with multiple namespaces...
Hopefully I can ask this question without regaling you kind people in too many gory details. Here's what I'm trying to do: - I have a local XML file with a .GPX extension which I downloaded from www.geocaching.com. - The file contains a bunch of elements called <WPT> - Within the WPT elements are a number of other elements <time>, <sym>, <groundspeak:name>... - The non-qualified elements come from a schema/namespace at http://www.topografix.com/GPX/ - The qualified elements come from a schema/namespace at http://www.groundspeak.com/cache - I ran xsd.exe with th...

Select multiple adjacent cells of multiple cells without selecting
Select multiple adjacent cells of multiple cells without selecting adjacent cells one by one. those cells looks like; |adjacent cells |cells| |some characters | A | |some characters | B | |some characters | A | |some characters | A | |some characters | B | I am trying to select adjacent cells of A cells without selecting adjacent cells one by one. Thank you for your help. Adjacent in this case, means? If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgr...

STATEMENT DOWNLOAD PROBLEMS #2
Hi, I am trying to download statements and keep coming up with an error which says that "A communication error has occurred. Please try or call again." I have tried deleting and recreating the OFX file extension but this hasn't helped. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks Caz In microsoft.public.money, Cazzy123 wrote: >I am trying to download statements and keep coming up with an error which >says that "A communication error has occurred. Please try or call again." I >have tried deleting and recreating the OFX file extension but this hasn't >he...

entering multiple costs for an item
I am very new to Retail Management, and am trying to enter inventory, and create a purchase order. I can't figure out how to enter various costs for the same item from the same supplier. For example, when we purchase in lots of 50 pcs., the item cost is .50 per item (total cost of 25.00). However, if we purchase in lots of 100 pcs, the item cost is .47 per item (total cost of 47.00). We can also purchase the item in boxes of 10 (5.50 per box for a cost of .55 per item). How can I enter these costs so when I place a purchase order, the cost will be correct according to the quant...

Pull Data From Multiple Tables ????
Hi I will have 4 tables name "TblCostomers","TblVendors","TblAccounts", TblExpenses" Now i have a for name "FrmDrVouchers" that has a table "TblDrVouchers" in source. This form has two TxtBox Control name "TxtAccountNo" and "TxtAccountName" If User enters a Account No., It pulls the Account Name from Any One of these Table. I can do this if I have only one table. But tell me how can i do it while I have 4 tables for One Field of a table Thank you.. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://...

Query emails coming to a specific domain
Hello; We have about 5 domains on our exchange server that we receive email from. We are in the process of not renewing one of our domains but would like to check to see if email from that domain is still coming through. Is there any way to do that? I tried the Message Tracking Center with the *.domain.com but it didn't like that. It wanted a specific user. Thanks Check SMTP logs as well. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- <nospam@newsgroup.com> wrote in message news:...

SOP Statements
Hello, We are using GP v 9.0. I have just recently taken on the task of sending out customer statements. I find that the User Definable Form has a great layout that I would like to send to our customers. However, our company name and address does not print on the form even though the option is marked when selecting the statement. Any suggestions on how to get the company information to print on the SOP Statement - User Definable Form? Thank you, Kristy If you're talking about the statements printed using Tools>Routines>Sales>Statements, then you'll need to modify t...

view multiple public calendars
We have seven public folders set up as calendar for room appointments. How can we view them side by side as shared calendars? The only way I can think of implementing this is to set up 7 user accounts and share their calendars. -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com version of outlook? if 2003 or 2007, add them to the public folder favorites and they'll be in the calendar list. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipst...

Charting depending on criteria & data series name as a column val
I want to chart some prices as I want to take a look at price trends. My problems, and I can not figure out how to solve them, are: 1. Is it possible to dynamically change the chart depending on certain criteria (product family & selected customers) 2. As the number of customers is variable and they are in one of the columns. Is it possible to plot a series (customer name), depending on the name of a column? 3. I want to chart the data based on the date, but just include the dates available, to prevent periods of time showing no change (e.g. I don't want monthly ticks for the x a...

RMS--Multiple Loyalty Clubs
Does anyone make an add on to allow for multiple loyalty clubs per client? I would like to be able to set it up so that I can either print out a certificate every month and send the customer a voucher for their reward points for the particular club, or set it up so that certain levels of points trigger certificates for redemptions for certain SKUs of product vs. a flat cash credit to their account. contact me at secure payment systems for some really cool options regarding our loyalty card program that we are integrating with microsoft's retail management system right now. It's...

Viewing multiple excell spreadsheets on the task bar
Why is it that when I have 3 or more excell spreadsheets open they are not all listed on my task bar the only way I can get to them is by going to the window button and selecting the one I want to see, I want to be able to ALT TAB between them and they are not listing them for me in the task bar only the current one I have open? Are you using XP? Sounds like that feature of XP which groups several windows of one application into one spot on the task bar. There may be a way to shut this off in taskbar properties. Click on the task bar and select properties. "Megan" wrote: ...

Complicated IF statement
Afternoon everyone. Have been struggling to get a formula together for the following. I am being told due to its complexity that I will probably need to break it down into 2 sections but hoping someone can help me simplify things. I need to do the following A1 = 1 (although this can be 1,2,3,4,5) (This is my variable I am struggling with) B1 = €10000 (TARGET) C1 - €6500 (ACTUAL) Then I have a few boxes showing the following <70% between 70-99% >100% A5 = 1 B5 = 10% C5 = 15% D5 = 18% A6 = 2 ...

Conditional Statements and Time Format
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I need to calculate a range of time in a cell and display a value in another cell. Example is in cell F2 I have a time displayed of 15:34, and in the calculation window it displays as 3:34:00 PM. In Cell F3 I want to display one of three things, "1st shift", "2nd shift" or "3rd shift". Is it possible to use the conditional statements to give me the value of "1st shift" when cell F2 is between >= 07:00 and < 15:00? I can't find anything that speaks to getting thee range information from time. Thanks, Brian ...

query to make a list of products based on delivery history
I have a table which lists all deliveries made of our product. From this table, I'd like to make a list of all products. My problem is the products will have many duplicates as they can be ordered multiple times and I just want a list showing all the individual products that we offer. -- TIA Try something like: SELECT DISTINCT [our product] FROM [which list all deliveries made]; If you can't figure this out, come back with table and field names. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Def...

Update Query based on Current Recordset
I have a continuous form with filtered records. I want to run an update query on a field in a table based on the current filtered records on the form. What code would I use to accomplish this task? Any help appreciated in getting me started. NEWER USER, Without a wee bit more information, like what are you trying to update, field names, table names, do you want this attached to a button or an event, etc... The best I can do is... UPDATE SomeTable SET SomeTable.SomeField= WhateverValue WHERE (((SomeTable.SomeOtherFied)=WhateverValue)); Of course, the above would be an ...

IIF Query for Numeric Values in Text Field
I’m attempting to flag interest rate spread errors and omissions in a file from a sales database using IIF statements I adapted from another database (I’m a novice at this). The field I’m querying is text format and contains both alpha and numeric values. When I test for a null value the IIF works fine, but when I test for a numeric value I get an #ERROR. Spread Error1: IIf(([Tbl 1 Eligible Closed Deposit Opps Appended]!Spread Is Null),1,0) Spread Error2: IIf(([CCC Fall 2007 Eligible Products]![IB/NIB]="NIB" And [Tbl 1 Eligible Closed Deposit Opps Appended]!Spread<4),1,0...

Sumif with two criteria #2
I need to add column c if column a and column b both meet my criteria. example A B C 1 X Y 3 2 S Y 1 3 X Y 2 4 X F 3 5 F Y 3 X AND Y 5 On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:06:29 -0800, "danperez@joannstores.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to add column c if column a and column b both meet >my criteria. > >example > A B C >1 X Y 3 >2 S Y 1 >3 X Y 2 >4 X F 3 >5 F ...

Using multiple databases
I have three seperate databases - all do a differnt function using a seperate database that holds all the data in tables (i.e. one uses queries to export, one to import, one for reporting only) - and I want to keep all of the databases seperate. Can I create another database that just has a form that works as a dashboard and connect to the other three to do functions. Essentially, I want to be able to select an option to open reports, import data, or export data and do it without opening the other databases seperatly (a function that each database will perform on it's own w...

Print multiple tabs on one page
How to print multiple tabs in excel onto one page in one print job? Tab1 and tab2 have different format and cannot be combined into one tab. Need to print the two worksheets one on top of each other is the same direction. Tried Report Manager but printed on two pieces of paper. Any suggestions? One way to accomplish something like this is to play around with "pictures". I'm on an XL97 machine now so, When you hold down <Shift> and hit <Edit>, you get a different dialog box .... one that contains "picture " options. So, select an entire sheet, or p...

Printing a Purchase Order to Multiple Destinations
Is it possible to print a PO to a text file on the local machine or network in addition to the local default printer? -- Pete P. It is possible to print a text file to any single location you want in addition to the local default printer. Our system currently prompts users requesting this information. Giving them their choice of 3 formats: Screen Printer File These can be selected in any combination but only one destination per format can be specified. I am hoping that this thread will explain how/if one could deliver one printed report to multiple printers. Eventually I would lik...

Can VISIO 2007 work on multiple pages of an org chart simultaneous
I created an org chart with over 100 pages using the Org Chart Wizard and Excel, I’m assigning colors to various shapes using the Data Graphic feature. To apply the colors I choose “Edit” then “select all” which selects all the shapes on the current sheet, then I select “Apply To Selected Shapes” from the Data Graphics pane, this works fine for the current sheet but is there a way to apply this to all the sheets at once. Thanks Mark, I've written a macro for you to try in my blog... See Applying Selected DataGraphic to the Whole Document - http://bvisual.spaces.live.com/...

Downloading Statements #4
I have been using Money 2005 for a long time with no problems, however in the last couple of weeks when I download statements I get the message "You have no statements to read", but when I go to my individual accounts there are items to read. Why do I get this message? I have cleared my temp file and uninstalled/reinstalled Money. In microsoft.public.money, maltesebudgie wrote: >I have been using Money 2005 for a long time with no problems, however in the >last couple of weeks when I download statements I get the message "You have >no statements to read", ...

Insert query with two left outer joins gives "Record is Deleted" m
Hi, I have built an insert query to combine data from 3 tables into one table based on a key value (RA_ID) on a form. Two of the from tables may or may not have data associated with the main from table. So I have coded the select from statement using left outer joins. When I run the query with a row in the first child table but not in the second it works fine but when I run the query with a key value that exists in the 2nd child table but not in the first I get a message saying "record is deleted". Anybody have any ideas what is causing this? Here is the query......... ...