Multi-Select List Box as Query Parameter

Hello all,
Hoping someone can help me with list box multi selection problem.
I have been able to build a query that is filtered by a selection in a
List box, but now that I want to use a multi select list box so that two or
more items can be included in the query.

List box Name is: List42
List box source:TBL_Slocation
Form name: Receipts_Selection_Form

Below is my code which is not working
------
Private Sub List42_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
Dim frm As Form
Dim ctl As Control
Dim varItem As Variant
Dim strSQL As String
Dim strWhere As String

    Set frm = Forms!Receipts_Selection_Form
    Set ctl = Me![List42]
    strSQL = "Select * from TBL_SLocation"

    For Each varItem In ctl.ItemsSelected
        strWhere = strWhere & ctl.ItemData(varItem) & ", "
    Next varItem
End Sub
------
Your help is appreciated.

Take a look at this sample database; it shows how the code is written to use
multiselect listbox's records in a query's where clause:

Using Controls to filter a form's data
 http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/SampleDBs.htm#FilterForm

--

        Ken Snell

"Soboths" <Soboths@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
> Hoping someone can help me with list box multi selection problem.
> I have been able to build a query that is filtered by a selection in a
> List box, but now that I want to use a multi select list box so that two
> or
> more items can be included in the query.
>
> List box Name is: List42
> List box source:TBL_Slocation
> Form name: Receipts_Selection_Form
>
> Below is my code which is not working
> ------
> Private Sub List42_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
> Dim frm As Form
> Dim ctl As Control
> Dim varItem As Variant
> Dim strSQL As String
> Dim strWhere As String
>
>    Set frm = Forms!Receipts_Selection_Form
>    Set ctl = Me![List42]
>    strSQL = "Select * from TBL_SLocation"
>
>    For Each varItem In ctl.ItemsSelected
>        strWhere = strWhere & ctl.ItemData(varItem) & ", "
>    Next varItem
> End Sub
> ------
> Your help is appreciated.

0
Ken

How to select series in chart?

Multi Currency Revaluation Option
We have a cash account in Canada. The amount is reflected properly in our system in Canadian dollars. We changed the exchange rate at the beginning of the year. We would like to reflect this change on my beginning balances for the year 2005. When I try to run the revaluation for finance series for this account, it doesn't update the beginning balances. How do i update my beginning balances in functional currency? Try running a revalue for the last period of the prior year. Don't post it, just print to make sure it is doing what you want. (You may need to open up the fiscal perio...

Web query timeout setting.

OLK 2k7

Single click selects multiple cells

parameter for text

Adding a combo box to a worksheet

Getting rid of selection

Sizing drop down validation box
I have a form with lots of drop down validation boxes, many of them are Yes,No,N/A or Pass,Fail,N/A so one a narrow box is required but all the drop downs are about three inches wide. Once I accidentally go them to the right size and saved the file, closed it, then re-opened and the drop downs were really wide again. Does anyone know have to set the width, I always thought they were the same width as the cell they pop from but not the case. Wayman Those extra wide dropdown lists appear occasionally, usually if cells on the worksheet have been merged (not necessarily the cell with t...

Macro
Hi, i need an macro to select all filled cells in range C10:K90. Can this be done? Thanks!!! Range("C10:K90").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, _ xlNumbers + xlTextValues).Select If you want to select xlErrors and xlLogical add those to xlNumbers + xlTextValues -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "puiuluipui" wrote: > Hi, i need an macro to select all filled cells in range C10:K90. > Can this be done? > Thanks!!! It's perfect! Thanks! "Jacob Skaria" a scris: > Range("C10:K90").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, _ >...

Clearing "Custom Footer" box
Is there a way to delete the contents of the "Custom Footer" option when going through the "Page Setup" menu? I would like to clear out all previously created custom footers and start fresh. Thanks. TC T Crosby, Go to FILE>PAGE SETUP>HEADER/FOOTER, click on the "Custom Footer button. A new dialog box will appear with three panes. Highlight th contents in each pane (one pane at a time) and hit delete. Hope this helps Case -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You have some responses at your other post. T Crosby wrote: > > Is there a wa...

SQL query / Formula for Reorder Point?

Format List Box!

Combo Box initial values question
Does anyone know how to make a combo box show a value when a sheet opens? Mine are always blank when I open them until I select a value. thanks tp Hi Teepee, Try something like: Me.ComboBox1.ListIndex = 0 --- Regards, Norman "teepee" <teepee@noemail.com> wrote in message news:4645ed29$1@newsgate.x-privat.org... > Does anyone know how to make a combo box show a value when a sheet opens? > Mine are always blank when I open them until I select a value. > > thanks > > tp > > thanks for trying. says 'invalid use of me keyword.&...

List the UNIQUE certain fields from the database
Dear Experts, Please help related to the above subject. From this discussion, got the following formula which is work well and faster for small of database. =OFFSET($G$1,MATCH(0,MMULT(--TRANSPOSE(TRANSPOSE(DATA)=I$1:I1),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))/ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))),0)-1,0,1,1) where $G$1, the first row of DATA. how to convert it to VBA as this time i have a huge database. for Tab Data, Advanced, Unique Record only (works well also, but i need the VBA). basically we would like to do similar like this: Data Sample Vendor Name A B...

distibution list / updating
when we update our contacts how can we get outlook to update our distribution lists at the same time. What do you mean exactly? Can you give an example? Also what version of Outlook are you using? T. >-----Original Message----- >when we update our contacts how can we get outlook to >update our distribution lists at the same time. >. > That's what the Update Now button is for. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "wayne" <wayne@anandasacramento.org> wrote in message news:05ba01c3d4be$e83a5e80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > when we update our contacts how can we g...

Text box in Embedded chart is cut off
Hi. I am having a problem with an embedded chart that appears differently in word versus how it appeared originally in Excel. Specifically, the top of the chart (in excel) has a text box that divides the chart (it is a vertical bar graph) into subcategories (labels at the bottom are used to specify what each bar signifies; but these are taken from the associated cell range). Originally, the chart was labeled by a single text box, separated by spaces: Lifetime Use 30-Day Use Heavy Use Antisocial Behavior When this chart is linked in word, the text displays like this (tho&...

CRM Error

Print a list of movies
I have a spreadsheet with 2 columns (No and Name of Movie). There are 322 rows. I would like to print this so that I have the first 44 rows on the left side of the page and the next 44 rows on the right side of the page. I would like to keep this setup on all pages. These cells have color formatting and numbers that I need to keep with each cell. How do I do this? -- Terri Sprague www.tlsprague.com Hi Teri, See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/...