Msg Box Code 05-10-07

On my form I need to make certain that the user types in the correct number
into the text box CertificateNo. I need a message box to pop up with the
message "Are you sure you have entered the correct Certificate Number?" when
the user has entered a number.
Can anyone write the code for me?

Uschi

On Thu, 10 May 2007 00:15:24 GMT, Uschi via AccessMonster.com wrote:

> On my form I need to make certain that the user types in the correct number
> into the text box CertificateNo. I need a message box to pop up with the
> message "Are you sure you have entered the correct Certificate Number?" when
> the user has entered a number.
> Can anyone write the code for me?

Code the [CertificateNo] BeforeUpdate event:

If MsgBox("Did you enter the correct number?",vbYesNo) = vbYes Then
Else
   Cancel = True
End If

If Yes is clicked the value is saved.
If No is clicked, the cursor is returned to the [CertificateNo] field
for re-entry.

--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

Uschi

Uschi

Having a drop down combo box preceed the running of a report
Is it possible to have a combo drop down list of choices based on a field(s) preceed the generation of a report that allows the user to choose a specific record that a finished report is then generated from? Sure this is possible. Use a combo box on a form for the user to first select the record. Then provide a command button that opens the report using the value of the combo box as the criteria/filter. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Teeder" wrote: > Is it possible to have a combo drop down list of choices based on a field(s) > preceed the gener...

Outlook Dialog Box
I have several users having a dialog box pop up when they start to send a new e-mail It says "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No" These people have the lates virus definitions. Any suggestions anyone? PJWORKER <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have several users having a dialog box pop up when they > start to send a new e-mail It says "A program is trying > to access e-mail addresses you have stored in ...

Unrecognized database format 12-02-07
I am getting the above error when I try to access a database. I have tried compact and repair, importing and the compact utility 'Jetcomp.exe' and nothing works. Where'd you get the database? You usually will get that message if you are trying to open a database that is in a newer format. For example, if you were trying to open an Access 2003 format database from Access 2000. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com __________________________________ If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. ...

VBA code
Hi, I have to put VBA code in the worksheet_calculate event. How can I do this? Step by step please. Because it is worksheet code, it is very easy to install and use: 1. right-click the tab name near the bottom of the window 2. select View Code - this brings up a VBE window 3. enter the macro and close the VBE window If you save the workbook, the macro will be saved with it. To remove the macro: 1. bring up the VBE windows as above 2. clear the code out 3. close the VBE window To learn more about macros in general, see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm To learn ...

question about converting code to ADP
Hi, I am investigating converting my access 2003 MDE to ADP. I have heard that DAO cannot be used with SQL server. In terms of coding, does this mean functions where I pass references from a form (Me) cannot be used (isnt this DAO?) Also can form.recordset.recordsetclone be used? thx, David MDE file? You cannot convert MDE file since the text component of the code has been removed. In fact you can't even modify the design of an MDE file. -- HTH Van T. Dinh MVP (Access) "dp" <dp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E352CD0-F0BA-4301-A44E-6C9CB634E...

how to expand simple code.
Hello, I have a simple code for spell check Private Sub Command542_Click() DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSpelling End Sub However in usage I am finding that this code is not checking subforms and some memo fields. Do you have any sug. in modifying the code to check subforms.. thks a million la -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Waiting Message Box without OK button!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C759D9.0A89B240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I want to popup a message that the application will able to close himself after a while. I want to raise this popup message at the end of the application, allowing the user to see when the closing work is on his way!!! Exemple of closing work that may take some time, is forwarding something throught IP connections with a server, and so on.... jmarc... ------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C759D9.0A89B240 Conten...

Windows Mail Problem 05-10-10
I have a couple of business email accounts that I have been using through windows mail to condense those accounts into one place. I have had no problems and have not changed anything. When I hit send/receive, I get an error message on one of the accounts. I have tried doing what the help tab suggested but no change. Any help you can offer? Pasting the error message below: Account: 'pop.whatleydarty.com', Server: 'pop.whatleydarty.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR syntax error', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error...

Data validation 07-26-07
I am seeking to apply form level validation for two controls in the before update event of my form. My code looks like this: Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) Dim strMsg As String ' An error that is special cased. Const conErrDoCmdCancelled = 2501 On Error GoTo Err_BeforeUpdate If IsNull(Me.cboMedium) Then Cancel = True strMsg = strMsg & "Medium required." & vbCrLf End If If IsNull(Me.cboSubject) Then Cancel = True strMsg = strMsg & "Subject required." & vbCrLf End If If Can...

11 11-23-07

unable to customize quick access toolbar in excel 07
want to add the location box (formerly the web toolbar), however when i go into customize per the instructions online the add and remove buttons are grayed out, same w/ the 'customize toolbar' dropdown option off the QAT. it's a work computer, could there be something to do w/ permissions? Hi, I suppose that IT could have blocked your from customizing the QAT. For that I can be no help. But when you come into the Customize tab are any options available? If so try opening the drop-down Customze Quick Access Toolbar and change to the current workbook, from For all document...

Resize check box and have "x" instead of a check
Is it possible to resize the size of the check box? I know I can resize the text portion of a check box, but I would like to make the box larger. I would also like to change the check mark to an 'X', is that possible? Thanks Tim Tim, It is not possible to change the size or use a 'X'. There is a way to simulate. Use 2 Label. 1: Borderstyle: 1 Name: Chk1 Caption: "X" Font: The size you like Size: to fit the "X" Location: Where you like it to be 2: Borderstyle: 0 Name: Lbl1 Caption: Your text Font: The size you like Size: minimaal...

CTabCtrl
Hi, Can anyone recomend a simple example of the CTabCtrl in use ? I have added tabs and titled them etc, but how do you display contents ( other control etc) on the tab itself ?? Is it anything to do with Property pages ? MSDN is useless. Thanks >Can anyone recomend a simple example of the CTabCtrl in use ? >I have added tabs and titled them etc, but how do you display contents ( >other control etc) on the tab itself ?? The tab control is just a selection mechanism. You can use it to show/hide modeless child dialogs that contain other controls. >Is it anything to do ...

Unable to open .DOC file. FILE DOWNLOAD box appears
Got a new pc a few months back with Vista home premium. Transferred files from old pc, was able to open old documents ok. But now when I try to open any .doc file (including those recently created from email attachments) I get the "file download" box and when I click "open" the box just pops back up again. Can open files created with Works and other programs ok. (Sometimes when I am doing this I get the "Windows Explorer wants to close" message.) I have the disc to upgrade to Windows 7 which I assume will fix the problem. Any suggestions for a quick ...

VBA Code to Delete an Email After it is Processed by VBA
The following code is a hybrid from several internet sources. Mostly from this forum. I have an application that starts an email thread and assigns a Task ID like: TID(123) This is the Subject When an email is received with "TID(###)" somewhere in the subject, a native rule then copies it to a subfolder under the CurrentFolder called 'TID'. The following code works to copy the email in msg format to its associated network directory, but the email remains in the subfolders. What I am trying to accomplish is to automatically delete the email after it is pro...

Publisher 07 default files
Good morning. I have a question about setting defaults and I hope someone can help me. I have a user who would like to set her default file open to a certain location; has anyone set this up for Publisher 2007? Thank you in advance -- Diane Publisher 07 does not have this default as an option. You can create a Publisher folder, add to "My Places", when you save a Publisher document the folder will be one click away. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Diane" <Diane@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Active x combo box and linking
How would I get an active x combo box to link to another cell. I used an active x box so I could leave a blank space open so I coul type in it, I have no problem having a pull down list option linking t another cell, but if I type in the box I cant get the info I typed in t show in another cell. Does that make sense? I'm not sure that I got my question across well -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The linked cell will capture anything you add to the combo. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email addr...

Hitting Enter Twice in the Find and Replace Dialogue Box
in a single form in ms access, i have a combo box with a row source type of "table/query". I have a command button that users hit to find part numbers. the code behind the button is: [Part Number].SetFocus sendKeys "^f" The find and replace dialogue box comes up. the user has to enter the part number twice before it searches the control. Any ideas? Docmd.findrecord hasn't been working for me Assuming your combo is a list of part numbers and you want to make the selected part number's record the current record, the normal way to do that is with the combo'...

capturing PS output in IPrintOemPS2::WritePrinter 06-15-10
I extended the oemps sample driver implementing the IPrintOemPS2 interface. After adding the two new methods and modifying the QueryInterface to expose also the new interface, the method IPrintOemPS2::WritePrinter is called only once with all arguments set to zero. I return S_OK in order to indicate that the method is implemented as commented in the documentation, but the method is not called any more. Should I do something else in addition to this to capture the pscript's output? Thanks in advance more info: If I return E_NOTIMPL from IPrintOemPS2::WritePrinter, the...

Remove text "Discount code: **" from receipt??
Hello, I have a weird problem within a receipt. I got two registers, with different receipt.xml linked. Register 1 prints on the receipt the text "Discountcode: ***" when an item is sold with discount. Register 2 doesn't print this text, even if I use the same receipt format?? I can't get what the problem is? Hope somebody can help me. Greetings Raymond Bakker the Netherlands Are you using windows drivers on one of the printers? "Raymond Bakker" <raymond.bakker@rebus-it.nl> wrote in message news:1C61DF7A-1E93-4BD2-ABDF-46731BDC9B25@microsoft.com.....

email template 08-31-05
Is there any way to set up an email template to display the case number in the subject line? Not in a template, but you can use a workflow email and put data slugs in the subject line. There are many posts on this newsgroup and an article on my blog about sending emails from workflow with dynamic data. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "David M" wrote: > Is there any way to set up an email template to display the case number in > the subject line? > Matt, Awesome information on your blog. Thank you VERY much. I am almost there. Couple of small ...

Date difference 09-12-07
Hi Access 2003. I have a text box on my form with =DateDiff("d",[LOHDate],[OHDate]) and would like to display the calculation as a Year, month and day if that is possible. I can get it to display either Days, or months or years, but not all together as one display. Thanks in advance Ken On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:07:33 +0100, Ken wrote: > Hi > Access 2003. > I have a text box on my form with =DateDiff("d",[LOHDate],[OHDate]) and > would like to display the calculation as a Year, month and day if that is > possible. > I can get it to display either D...

about isolated storage 03-21-10
Hi! I mean that the functionality is the same if you use IsolatedStorage or store in the 'My Documents' folder The only difference is that when you use IsolatedStorage the folders that are created for you seems to have some randomize named directories. //Tony On 21-03-2010 11:54, Tony Johansson wrote: > I mean that the functionality is the same if you use IsolatedStorage or > store in the 'My Documents' folder > The only difference is that when you use IsolatedStorage the folders that > are created for you seems to have some > randomize na...

make box not visable
I need a code for On click box 35 not visiable. Thanks Cheyenne Me.[Box 35].Visible = False "Chey" <Chey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0611BFB3-BCB9-4C84-8E18-277D33782A5C@microsoft.com... >I need a code for > On click > box 35 not visiable. > > Thanks > Cheyenne In the 'Onclick Event' add Me.Box 35.visible=false -- NTC "Chey" wrote: > I need a code for > On click > box 35 not visiable. > > Thanks > Cheyenne ...

Update list box
I have a form to update a list box. Everything works well but the user must hit "enter" after imputing a new item or the value will not be updated in the list box. All edits to list box work, but new fields require the "enter" key to be pressed. How can I program the "enter" key in VB in a close button. So far I have tried the following: Private Sub Command4_Click() DoCmd.Restore Forms("frmVictim").lstVictim.Requery DoCmd.Close End Sub I'm unclear on what you are trying to do... Listboxes are predefined lists of items... why would...