Moving between pages of tabs in a form

Hi there

I have created a form which has 5 tab pages.

I want to create an event in which I can preview the results of the five
tabs by first viewing the first page, then the second, third, and so on.

I'm not sure how to do this.

Essentially, I want to be able to see whether all 5 pages have been filled
correctly.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

     I am confused.  How does what you want to do differ from just clicking
on each of the tabs in succession?

        Clifford Bass

forest8 wrote:
>Hi there
>
>I have created a form which has 5 tab pages.
>
>I want to create an event in which I can preview the results of the five
>tabs by first viewing the first page, then the second, third, and so on.
>
>I'm not sure how to do this.
>
>Essentially, I want to be able to see whether all 5 pages have been filled
>correctly.
>
>Thank you in advance.

Clifford
1/23/2010 1:15:48 AM
On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 16:05:01 -0800, forest8
<forest8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi there
>
>I have created a form which has 5 tab pages.
>
>I want to create an event in which I can preview the results of the five
>tabs by first viewing the first page, then the second, third, and so on.
>
>I'm not sure how to do this.
>
>Essentially, I want to be able to see whether all 5 pages have been filled
>correctly.
>
>Thank you in advance.

One thing to consider: the data is NOT stored on your form or in your tabs.
It's in your table. The form (tabs or no) is just a window on the data in the
table.

That said... do you have SO MANY fields that you need five tabs to show them??
If so, your table is almost certainly incorrectly designed. Thirty fields is a
*VERY* wide table.

If you have a different Subform on each tab, that's a bit less
anxiety-provoking, but be aware that the records will already have been saved
to disk (as soon as you move the focus from form to subform or vice versa).

I would expect that the user would want to do *something* - click a button,
for example - when they have finished reviewing a page. If so... why not just
click the next tab? What user interaction were you considering?
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

"Clifford Bass via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Hi,
>
>      I am confused.  How does what you want to do differ from just clicking
> on each of the tabs in succession?
>
>         Clifford Bass
>
> forest8 wrote:
> >Hi there
> >
> >I have created a form which has 5 tab pages.
> >
> >I want to create an event in which I can preview the results of the five
> >tabs by first viewing the first page, then the second, third, and so on.
> >
> >I'm not sure how to do this.
> >
> >Essentially, I want to be able to see whether all 5 pages have been filled
> >correctly.
> >
> >Thank you in advance.

> .

You have to tweak this to tell it to stop... it loops all the way
through the tabs continuously.  Happy tweaking.

Option Compare Database
Private iTab As Integer

Private Sub Form_Timer()
    iTab = iTab + 1
    Dim tabNo As Integer

    tabNo = iTab Mod Me.TabCtl0.Pages.Count

    Me.TabCtl0.Pages(tabNo).SetFocus

End Sub
0
Piet
1/23/2010 5:46:48 AM
On Jan 22, 6:05=A0pm, forest8 <fore...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I have created a form which has 5 tab pages.
>
> I want to create an event in which I can preview the results of the five
> tabs by first viewing the first page, then the second, third, and so on.
>
> I'm not sure how to do this.
>
> Essentially, I want to be able to see whether all 5 pages have been fille=
> correctly.
>
> Thank you in advance.

Why do you want to manually preview all the data?  If it were my job,
I would write a validation routine that returned a boolean which
toggled a red/green light or something stupid.  If I don't have to
look at the data, I won't.  I'll let the computer do it for me.
0
Piet
1/23/2010 5:51:13 AM
Hi,

     And what happens when a particular tab goes by too fast and the user
starts swearing because there is no way to halt the process or back up?
Things interrupt people and they need to be able to pause.  For one person
five seconds per tab may be plenty and for another it may be too short.  So,
at least provide a way to halt, back up, and to set the time period.

                                  Clifford Bass

forest8 wrote:
>I want to set up 1 single click so that it cycles through the oages,

Clifford
1/24/2010 12:08:35 AM
On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 18:09:01 -0800, forest8
<forest8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I want to set up 1 single click so that it cycles through the oages,

I'd be inclined to put a "next page" button on each page, in the same place,
so the user can hold the mouse at one position and click once for each page. I
agree that just having the pages automatically scroll by would be too slow, or
too fast, or BOTH.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

"Piet Linden" wrote:

> On Jan 22, 6:05 pm, forest8 <fore...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Hi there
> >
> > I have created a form which has 5 tab pages.
> >
> > I want to create an event in which I can preview the results of the five
> > tabs by first viewing the first page, then the second, third, and so on.
> >
> > I'm not sure how to do this.
> >
> > Essentially, I want to be able to see whether all 5 pages have been filled
> > correctly.
> >
> > Thank you in advance.
>
> Why do you want to manually preview all the data?  If it were my job,
> I would write a validation routine that returned a boolean which
> toggled a red/green light or something stupid.  If I don't have to
> look at the data, I won't.  I'll let the computer do it for me.
> .

Hi,

     You are welcome!  Good luck with the project.

                                Clifford Bass

forest8 wrote:
>Thank you to everyone who've responded to my question. As a Novice Access
>user, it is good to for me hear more expert advace.

Clifford

Home Page Ending Balance?
For some reason, my checking account balance shown on "My Money Home Page" (MS 2004) no longer agrees with the balance shown in the register. It's off by a few dollars. There are no future transactions - all balances are current. I've tried changing the opening balance, but that simply changes the register amount. The register balance and home page balance still don't agree. Any ideas? Thanks! Make a backup and try repairing the file. file: repair money file: quick file repair. -- "Dave M." <DaveM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Tab to specific cells
I am using excel 2002 and my boss 2003. I want to tab to specific cells in my work sheet. Can anyone help me get started? You could try the named range approach. Select your *second* cell for data entry and then hold down <Ctrl> and continue to select all the rest of the desired cells in order, ending with selecting your *first* cell *last*. While the cells are still selected, click in the name box and give this range a short name such as "Entry1". Now, when you're ready for data entry, simply click on the range name in the name box. The focus for the range is th...

Slow when closing a form
Environment: 1. Front-End - MS Access 2003 2. Back-End - SQL Server 2005 3. OS - Windows XP I cannot understand why it takes a 5-7 seconds to close our Invoice form. The Invoice form has several data components in it that retrieves data. The code in the "Done" button of the form perform the following: a. Me.Requery b. Check other loaded forms "IsLoaded()" c. DoCmd.Close The form has also a code in the "Close" event which only checks for loaded forms again "IsLoaded()". Thanks, Ben "Ben" <pillars4@sbcglobal.net> wr...

Moving Exchange 5.5 #3
We currently have W2K3 domain with external 2-way trust with NT4 domain where Exchange 5.5 is located. I'd lik to move my Exchange to the new server W2K member of the W2K3 domain. During the change I'd like to change also the organization and site name. Does anyboby have any information on how can easily do this without any client reconfiguration? Thanks TagaR On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:31:06 -0800, "TagaR" <TagaR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We currently have W2K3 domain with external 2-way trust with NT4 domain where >Exchange 5.5 is located. I'd l...

Move Detail on Report
Hi, I used the wizard to create a form. Everything is fine except I want to have the subtotals under the group headers but the default is for the opposite. Is there a way of 'dragging and dropping' the detail line? -- Andrew 130707 On Jul 13, 6:28 pm, Andrew <And...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Sorry, no, that didn't anser my question. When looking at the report design > I have various group headers (working) and the detail after them. I want my > detail above them - any ideas? > -- > Andrew > > "Maurice" wrote: > > Andrew,...

Display/Hide a Form Control/Field Based On Another Field Value?
Hi all, I have to Combo boxes on a form. The first one I would always like users to see. The second, however, I would like hidden if the first box has certain values selected. So, if ComboBox1 has values of 1 or 2, I would like ComboBox2 to show as normal. If ComboBox1 has a value of 3, I would like ComboBox2 hidden. Is there a relatively simple way of doing this, if at all? Thanks for your help as always! --Eric You have to take care of 2 things: (1) When you move from record to record and the combo box contents changes (2) When the user changes the contents of the combo box For (1), inse...

Cross Tab Query
I have a access database with SQL backend. The table labproofs has charges listed by report date, with the below query, I can run a cross tabquery with the end date selected from a form (monthly report), and it gives me the 12 month data from the end date selected. However, the problem I face is for example if the end date selected is feb 28th, I get the data for previous months as Jan 28, Dec 28, Nov 28 ......, I want data for the month end numbers like feb 28, Jan 31, Dec 31....., I am not sure what I am doing wrong here. Please help. Gmen PARAMETERS [Forms]![Monthly Reports]...

slow moving larger items between folders...
hello, i'm on exchange 5.5 and there are about 20 or so fairly large mail boxes. When moving messages containing attachments between folders in my mailbox, it takes ages! It takes about a minute to move a message of about 250k. It never used to be like this. I'm fairly sure this is a recent development. Any ideas as to why this has happened and how to solve it? Thanks Batfastad ...

Automatically moving data #4

How to display page tabs vertically?
How do I set tab pages be displayed vertically (left side). By default, they are set on top, I need them on the left side. Please assist. Thank you for any tip/help provided. Adnan -- Please post all your inquiries on this community so we can all benefit - Thank you! "Adnan" <te_adnani@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message news:B06E82F0-ED1C-4E9A-B65C-FB6D7C48248C@microsoft.com... > How do I set tab pages be displayed vertically (left side). By default, > they > are set on top, I need them on the left side. Please assist. > > Thank you for any tip/he...

"Move to bottom of range"
Hello, I have some code that adds the contents of one sheet to the end of another. How do I correctly select the first empty cell below the first sheet that I want to add data to? Something like ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell).Select 'Move to bottom of range ^^^ This is where I need work. Can I simply perform a cursor key move down one cell? How do I code cursor key operations? Hi, It is very unlikely that you will need to select a cell to do what you want but here's a couple of methods Select empty cell after last used cell in col A R...

Auto Filling fields in form
I am new at creating code and would like to have two fields populated when the record is reviewed. One is the user name and the other is the date reviewed. There is a form which contains the Member Name and ID number. I would like to add the two auto fill fields in the Parent form and have it fill in the subform fields for that particular member using a trigger of some sort. Any advice would be appreciated. Bev Access forms display data... Access tables store it. If you want to see data from a record in a table in your form, your controls in the form need to be poin...

User form problem
I have made a userform, which works great. However i have a problem. I would like the userform to only load up when the template file i opened. I do not want it to load when saved workbook copies of th template are opened. The system I am creating is an invoice system, and thus the loading o the userform is only necessary upon opening the template, not any othe files. Is this possible to do? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Z -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Zairn You can check the Len of the Thisworkbook.path in the Macro. A template have no path Sub test() I...

Sizing a form in Access 2007
I've been working with Access for the past decade, and recently upgraded to 2007. I've created several forms but can't figure out how to make them the size I want in display view. In older versions all I needed to do was pull in the left side and bottom of the form and minimize to the size I wanted. 2007 doesn't appear to have this ability. I was able to get the display size I wanted by setting the form to popup and modal, but this keeps the form on top. I tried pulling the form under the ribbon. This allows reports opened with the form to display, but I can...

Return the name of the object I click on in a form
Hi, How do I go about returning the name of an object on a form. For example if I set the "On Click" event procedure on a rectangle object to return: MsgBox Me.Name I get the form name. What I want to do is click on the object and be abe to reference it's properties such as Tag to run other code based in these values. As always any assistance is greatly appreciated. Regards, John Dumay For the name of the control try Screen.ActiveControl.Name For the control itself use Screen.ActiveControl -- AG Email: discussATadhdataDOTcom "John Dumay" <JohnDumay@dis...

Vertical Page Break
Is it possible to force a vertical page break on a report? For example, I have a report that is 20 inches across, and I would it to "break"/start the new page at 10 inches. Now, fiddling with the page setup and page layout is fine when I am working with only one printer, but the formatting gets slightly messed up when I am printing across different printers, to PDF, etc. Any ideas on how this vertical page break can be done? Thanks! that sure would be nice to have I'd reccomend just putting the page 2 below page 1.. and use more subreports if you run out of room On ...

how to enable font button within mail format tab
I am trying to change the font size for composing email with outlook 2002. When I click, tools, then options, then select the mail format tab, my font button (under stationary & fonts) is greyed out. How do I get this enabled? Ron Font button only appears in HTML mail. Change the format in the email and it will be available. "ronk" wrote: > I am trying to change the font size for composing email > with outlook 2002. When I click, tools, then options, > then select the mail format tab, my font button (under > stationary & fonts) is greyed out. How ...

Modifying a pages Refresh Rate
Windows XP(Home) SP3, OE6, IE8; Plenty of RAM & HHD space. Continuous checks for Virus/Malware 1.4Ghz, VIA Technologies, Inc. 8 kilobyte primary memory cache, 256 kilobyte secondary memory cache, P4X266-8233, Enclosure Type: Desktop V2 Premier, Windows XP (Home) SP3, 2 Calvary External USB 400/500 GB Hard Drives (NTFS), 1.5 GB Ram, Upgraded PSU, Belarc Advisor, Multimedia - lists, MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device - Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller - Standard Game Port. Circuit Board: P4X266-8233, Bus Clock: 100 megahertz, BIOS: Award Software International,...

Data from Form to Subform to Table
I have a main form for material inspection, and another form for the inpsection results, and tables for each that store the data. For example, you have to enter the PO# and P/N on the main form, as well as some other info, then you click to open up the inspection results form in datasheet view. The inpsection results form shows the PO# and P/N that you entered on the main form, but it wont store the info in the table for the inspection results. Can someone please help me figure out how to get the info to store in the inspection results table as well as the material inspection tab...

How to write figures in words form?
If I want to write 120 in words form (One Hundred twenty), how I can do it in EXCEL. Try at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html. Amjad Wrote: > If I want to write 120 in words form (One Hundred twenty), how I can do > it in > EXCEL. -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=400011 Try: http://www.meadinkent.co.uk/xlnumberstext.htm Amjad Wrote: ...

moving publisher #2
I bought a computer with publisher bundled (no cd). Now I want to put it on my new laptop. How do I move it from the desktop computer to the laptop???? Cliff without the source CD...you don't. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Cliff" <Cliff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:336C1CBE-2A51-4B62-B83D-46C35C557B74@microsoft.com... > I bought a computer with publisher bundled (no cd). Now I want to put it > on > my new laptop. How do I move it from the desktop computer to the > laptop???? > > Cliff I...

Exchange SP2 "Move All Replicas"
Hello, Was curious if the "Move All Replicas" feature will move Public folder replicas from Exch2K to Exch2003 w/sp2? Also, does it matter if some folders are already replicating? thanks - On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 13:22:02 -0700, Jim@bg <Jim@bg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > Was curious if the "Move All Replicas" feature will move Public folder >replicas from Exch2K to Exch2003 w/sp2? Also, does it matter if some folders >are already replicating? > >thanks - 1) Yes. 2) No. Mark, Thanks, guess that was an easy one. Not much dir...

Moving a row from one sheet to another wrongly leaves blank-row artifact.
Moving an entire row within a sheet in Excel XP is implemented correctly: Select the entire row, cut it, go to the target location, and Insert Copied Cells. The target row is inserted (pushing all rows below it down), and the source row is deleted (bringing all rows below it up, as it were). NOT so when the target is in another sheet in the same workbook. Excel inserts the target row correctly, but fails to delete the source row. The row still exists (only it's blanked out). You have to remeber to, tediously, return to the source and delete the blank row. Which means that if you intende...

Main form causing multiple errors
History: I have created a database for my company to track all incidents, equipment issues, and more. The database has been in use for over a year and has been working quite well. It is a split database with the back end located on a network hard drive and the front end updated through autofeupdate. The database is setup for a multiuser environment. I have integrated functions to send email messages and create reports daily. Recently, I have added six list boxes to the main form. Each listbox displays information on current records. For instance, one listbox shows all the open equipment ticket...

How can I go to a specific page number in a large document
How do I go to a specific page number in a large word document. Read the replies to your earlier identical post -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "yisaajao" <yisaajao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFC4289D-FC93-4C1B-951B-DB08CED833...