Microsoft Office Access 2007 Security Notice

I have just recently upgraded my Access version from 2000 to 2007.  When
attempting to open my database I get the security warning error below...

"A potential security concern has been identified.

Warning: It is not possible to determine that this content came from a
trustworty source. You should leave this content disabaled unless the content
provides critical functionality and you trust its source.

File Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033\utility.mda

This file might contain unsafe content that could harm your computer. Do you
want to open this file or cancel the operation?"

When I click Open to the dialog box things appear to be fine at the moment.
Yet when I close and reopen my database the same error appears.  Does anyone
know why the utility.mda worked without error in 2000 but appears to cause
problems in 2007?  Is there a way to permanently turn this warning dialog
off?  Any insight, help or direction is much appreciated.

Simply go into the References dialog (under Tools when you're in the VB
Editor) and uncheck the reference to that file.

Access 2007 doesn't use it anymore. (For that matter, I don't think Access
2000 did either, but it didn't cause an error in earlier versions of Access)

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"jsg" <jsg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just recently upgraded my Access version from 2000 to 2007.  When
> attempting to open my database I get the security warning error below...
>
> "A potential security concern has been identified.
>
> Warning: It is not possible to determine that this content came from a
> trustworty source. You should leave this content disabaled unless the
> content
> provides critical functionality and you trust its source.
>
> File Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033\utility.mda
>
> This file might contain unsafe content that could harm your computer. Do
> you
> want to open this file or cancel the operation?"
>
> When I click Open to the dialog box things appear to be fine at the
> moment.
> Yet when I close and reopen my database the same error appears.  Does
> anyone
> know why the utility.mda worked without error in 2000 but appears to cause
> problems in 2007?  Is there a way to permanently turn this warning dialog
> off?  Any insight, help or direction is much appreciated.

0
Douglas
12/18/2007 5:33:48 PM
Hi Douglas,
My end user has the same problem. She upgraded the microsoft office
version 2000 to 2007.
When she openned the dba application (MS access application) "A
potential security concern has been identified" msg has occured.
I've tried unsuccessfully to resolve this issue. I was unable to see
the references dialog (underter tools in the vb editors). which
reference file that I should uncheck. I really need a little more
details in order to trouble shoot the problem. Thanks for your help.
Gigi

On Dec 18, 12:33=A0pm, "Douglas J. Steele"
<NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote:
> Simply go into the References dialog (under Tools when you're in the VB
> Editor) and uncheck the reference to that file.
>
> Access 2007 doesn't use it anymore. (For that matter, I don't think Access=

> 2000 did either, but it didn't cause an error in earlier versions of Acces=
s)

> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVPhttp://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no private e-mails, please)
>
> "jsg" <j...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >I have just recently upgraded my Access version from 2000 to 2007. =A0Whe=
> > attempting to open my database I get the security warning error below...=

> > "A potential security concern has been identified.
>
> > Warning: It is not possible to determine that this content came from a
> > trustworty source. You should leave this content disabaled unless the
> > content
> > provides critical functionality and you trust its source.
>
> > File Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033\utility.mda
>
> > This file might contain unsafe content that could harm your computer. Do=

> > you
> > want to open this file or cancel the operation?"
>
> > When I click Open to the dialog box things appear to be fine at the
> > moment.
> > Yet when I close and reopen my database the same error appears. =A0Does
> > anyone
> > know why the utility.mda worked without error in 2000 but appears to cau=
se
> > problems in 2007? =A0Is there a way to permanently turn this warning dia=
log
> > off? =A0Any insight, help or direction is much appreciated.- Hide quoted=
 text -

bebegi88

Direct access to the frame of a form
Is there an easy way to get direct access to the frame of a form? I'd like to be able to access things like the appearance of the outside edges (rounded vs square), borders, and possibly access the area where maximize minimize buttons reside. A related question: Any way to keep the minimize button but keep the maximize button from displaying? The maximize function can be disabled, but the button still displays. "Bob" <Bob@znospam.com> wrote in message news:sf20q59g8rkla3o6ga9aqcrptmghges88v@4ax.com... > Is there an easy way to get direct access to the...

Wiener Access Stammtisch (Nr. 77): Einladung f�r den 09.03.2010 ("Pizzeria Fantastica" Kagraner Platz)
Wiener Access Stammtisch http://access.primary.at/ access.st.wien@gmx.at Liebe Accessler, ich m�chte Euch hiermit zum 77. Wiener Access Stammtisch einladen. Termin: Dienstag, 09.03.2010, ab 19:00 Ort: Lokal "Fantastica, Pizzeria", Wagramer Stra�e 154, A 1220 Wien ------------------------------------------ Fantastica, Pizzeria http://www.fantastica.at/ pizza22@fantastica.at pizzeria@fantastica.at 1220 - Wagramer Stra�e 154 Restaurant, Italienische K�che Telefon: 203 75 39, Fax: 209 15 21 �ffnungszeiten t�glich 09.00 - 23.00 Gastgarten, durchgehe...

Microsoft Home Publisher 2000
We are looking for a program that is compatible with this that we can load on another computer to create a phone directory with pictures. We would like to be able to transfer files between this program and the new one. What should we be looking for? Cost is an issue. Thank you Unfortunately Home PublishING is not the same thing as PublishER. And it used it's own format. Unless you have a retail copy of the software and can install it on a new computer, you will have to start from scratch. I know that's not what you wanted to hear but ... -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publ...

Office 2010 Beta Google Calendar Sync Error Message
Could Not Connect to Microsoft Outlook error-2146959355. I would like to use Outlook 2010 Beta if only I can sync with Google Calendar..... Idon't have exchange server capabilities, camll business. Any suggestions or work arounds would be appreciated. Wouldn't that be a question for Google? "JacobTaylor" <JacobTaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24FC62DD-CA9C-4B8A-90AB-B8B0A49578C3@microsoft.com... : Could Not Connect to Microsoft Outlook error-2146959355. : : I would like to use Outlook 2010 Beta if only I can sync with Google ...

How do i get Harvard style referencing in word 2007?
Hi, I am currently writing my Dissertation for my University Degree. I have found the citation feature extreamly usefull as it automaticaly adds the referencing to my work. However, after speaking to my project supervisor, she has informed me that the citation style will not be acceptable as it is not "Harvard" style. I was wondering if there is an update that i can download to enable to have harvard style referencing in my work. I would apreciate any help that you can give. Thank you I suggest you speak again with your supervisor as there is no such thing as ...

Access Query 01-14-10
I have four tables in a database. Wages, Insurance, 401(k) Contributions and HSA Contributions. The EE ID is common to all tables but not every table has every EE ID. I need to make a query showing all EE ID numbers even if they don't have an entry in one of the tables. Can you help? Thanks. Donna Open a new query in design view. Add the four tables. Drag the EEID from the table that DOES have all EEIDs to the corresponding field in table2 ... do it again for table3 ... and again for table4. Now right-click on the join line and change the type of join so that you ...

Activation of Publisher 2007 Trial
I downloaded and tried Pub trial. Then I followed instructions to convert/activate it. I obtained the product key online and at the same time it presented me with one download (Publisher2007Setup.exe) which I did and installed it. Then I tried to use the product key but when I choose Convert from Pub trial Help menu the window is titled "Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Trial" and when I get to the point of entering the product key it says it is an invalid key and Pub still says I have a trial version. I am running Vista Home Premium and Office Home and Student 2007. I ...

web access and office error
When someone logs into the outlook web access page (exchange 2000 server and IE) they can read mail fine. But when they try to reply or create a new message they get the following error: Please wait while Microsoft configures Microsoft Office SR-1 Professional. then they will get: The feature you are trying to use is on a CD- ROM or other removable disk that is not available. This happens on numerous machines but mostly public library machines. I assume it has something to do with the office install but why would the web page need office? she can cancel this (at least 5 times before it ...

Access 2003 to Excel 2003 Q's
Hello! I have a form which uses the .copyfromrecordset method to populate a set of rows in an Excel template from a query. Then the Excel template is saved as a new .xls file. Two issues: 1) After the Excel template is populated and saved as a new file, when you subsequently open the new file the workbook is hidden. How do I make the workbook visible after the data is inserted into the Excel file? 2) Within the rows I'm populating with the .copyfromrecordset method I need one of the cells in each row to contain a simple formula. I tried faking Excel and sending the string "=...

always ask before opening this type of file greyed out 2007
Windows 7 64 bit Office Outlook 2007 Guest account turned off Logged in as Administrator When I try to open attachments (zip files for example) I get the warning box. There is a box "Always ask before opening this type of file?" that's checked but I can't uncheck it since it is greyed out. rickghouse wrote: > Windows 7 64 bit > Office Outlook 2007 > Guest account turned off > Logged in as Administrator > > When I try to open attachments (zip files for example) I get the warning > box. There is a box "Always ask before opening...

how to synchronize home and office emails
PLEASE HELPPPPPPPP!!!!! I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO CONFIGURE OUTLOOK 2003 ON BOTH MY HOME AND OFFICE PC SO THAT I CAN READ THE SAME EMAILS ON BOTH. THANK YOU. On both systems go to the email accounts and in more settings button, the advanced options and "leave a copy on the server" -- "Bother," said Pooh as he struggled with the computer. "It never does quite what I want." "I wish Christopher Robin were here." "SYNCHRONIZE OUTLOOK 2003 @ HOME & OFFIC" <SYNCHRONIZE OUTLOOK 2003 @ HOME & OFFIC @discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Outlook 2007 Calendar
My outlook Calendar does not retain past appointments, etc. for more then a month . What am I doing wrong? I need to keep a record of the past appointments on this calendar. I do download it to a blackberry however I have set the phone to not delete these items but it still attempt to Help.-- jk905 ...

Outlook security settings problem
Outlook 2000 IMO WinXP will not allow me to send an email with an attachment containing a URL. I get the following message: Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments: www.xxx.url. Any suggestions how to fix? Thanks, Mitchell Here is a link to an article that explains the behavior of the Outlook Security Update, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;262631. Here is another link that mentions why URLs are blocked by the security feature, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;264128. Here is a link to an article that explai...

Microsoft Dynamics 4.0 Data Migration Manager Sign in Issue
Hi, OK I'm a Syatem Administrator on our companies CRM system. I have installed DMM as recommended on my PC and installed with SQL Express. The problem I have is that the DMM has installed correctly and when I try to sign in it comes up with the error of 'You must have System Administrator security role to use this tool.' I have!!. My colleague who is also a system administrator has installed successfully and has been able to sign in use the DMM. We are both on the same version of Windows (Windows 7 Enterprise) and exactly the same role permissions on the CRM. Has anyone see...

Microsoft Word
Please tell me how to find Microsoft Word....Thanks Do you mean NG for MS Word? microsoft.public.word.newusers -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Betty" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46FB6D36-ACB6-478D-8A92-C969F1C5447C@microsoft.com... > Please tell me how to find Microsoft Word....Thanks This is a Excel News group Betty? If you have Office installed on your PC or I believe Works have also a version of Word you can find under Start>Programs in Windows It is not a part of Windows, you must buy it in the store. -- Regards Ron d...

Symantec Mail Security and GFI
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0049_01C42B73.DC9F0920 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Good Morning, I have a E2k3 Box Running Symantec Mail Security for AntiVirus and GFI = Mail Essentials for SPAM.=20 Does any think I should also look into GFI Mail Security.=20 Any thoughts will be appreciated. Thanks Joe ------=_NextPart_000_0049_01C42B73.DC9F0920 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3...

Help Doesn't work Office XP Pro / Standard
Running XP Office Pro on XP Pro. Help windows for all office products does not work properly. Empty, gray dialog box pops up, no hyperlinks, no text. Any advice is welcome. (except "RELOAD OS", that's not advice, that's a nightmare) Have you tried running Detect and Repair from the Help menu of any of the Office products? Make sure you have your Office CD handy when you do this. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "R T...

Send-As Distribution Group / Security Group
Anyone know how to correctly get the ability for a user(s) to send AS a distribution and/or security group? Our users don't want to have to change the reply-to field in every message they send out, but want the replies to go to an address that is a distribution group. This way the FROM address isn't a person's either. Thanks. In news:OVPi5jgwGHA.2232@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, GC Postmaster <gc_postmaster@gordon.edu> typed: > Anyone know how to correctly get the ability for a user(s) to send AS > a distribution and/or security group? Our users don't want to have...

How do I make a horizontal box & whiskers chart in Excel 2007
I need to make a horizontal box & whiskers chart. Most directions are for a vertical chart. I am using Excel 2007 Jon Peltier has a technique at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhiskerH.html -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "dw" <dw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EA22AEA-C925-43D1-B895-DC103B8039B0@microsoft.com... >I need to make a horizontal box & whiskers chart. Most directions are for >a > vertical chart. I am using Excel 2007 ...

Microsoft Office won't launch from backup clone
I've made a bootable backup clone of my entire hard drive onto an external firewire Lacie drive using SilverKeeper. When booting from the external drive, everything seems to work fine, except for Microsoft Office. On launch, Word bounces once in the dock then disappears. Same for Excel (I haven't tried the others). Is this some sort of anti-piracy measure, or have I screwed up my backup in some way? The whole point of having a bootable backup clone is that I could carry on working after a hard drive failure. But this throws a spanner in the works. Everything else seems t...

Office 2008 for Mac Installation (Computer Amount)
How many computers can I legally install my Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Special Media Edition on? I would like to install it on two desktop computers and one laptop computer that are networked together. There surely is no law about this in your country. The best way to see is to read the license agreement that is attached to your software. I was going to suggest how to do that on the Mac version of office, but I can't find it. Looking in Word. Not in Help. Not in About. Not in the readme file in the application folder. In Windows version of Word it's in the About menu. ...

OWA 2003 requires Office CD
Hi, When one of my users is using OWA 2003, with forms-based authentication in "Premium" mode they are constantly prompted to install their Office 2000 CD when attempting to create an e-mail. This does not happen in "Basic" mode nor before we introduced FBA. I have checked the logon via OWA in the office and it appears fine here so I think that it's certainly pointing toward the PC rather than OWA. We all have the same versions of IE. We all have Office XP (in the office) this user has Office 2000 at home. I though that this may be the cause until I realised that ...

PowerPoint 2007 Hang problem
I'm tearing my hair out. I'm trying to insert a video file into PowerPoint 2007. It works on a colleagues laptop which is the same spec as mine but all I get is an hourglass. The .wmv plays find in windows media player. It hangs mplay32.exe. Where do I start? You probably need a codec. Head to http://www.playsforcertain.com and hit the Tutorials link. There is good information about troubleshooting and links to some codec packs.... -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyan...

can't access mailbox
Some of our remote mailbox (over branch office vpn) can't access exchange mailbox in Outlook ... Please provide more information. Could mailboxes ever be accessed? Does DNS resolution work across VPN? Can you ping hostname and FQDN? Are there any ports not open through the VPN? What version of Outlook? Exchange? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "info@u-s-tech.com" <infoustechcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AF39F3E-EFFB-47BE-963E-7D93837A6F00@microsoft.com... > Some of our remote mailbox (over branch office vpn) can't acces...

Office 97 vs Windows XP
Will Office 97 function with WindowsXP without causing problems. Frank, Yes, Office 97 works fine with Windows XP. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Frank Miller" <franklinmiller@msn.com> wrote in message news:046c01c36a2d$8e366d30$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Will Office 97 function with WindowsXP without causing > problems. ...