Microsoft Access Subform Question

Group,

I have a Ms Access 2000 database with four tables, One primary (NAMES),
sub tables are PAYMENT, REFERRED AND PURCHASE. I want to reference the
Totals field from the table PAYMENT in the unbound text box called
txTotalPayment. This is in a form called CUSTOMERS with a subform called
PAYMENT. What formula (if thats the correct name for it) do I use to
reference this data?

http://www.webguytx.info/access/relationship.png (shows table relationship)

Robert
0
Robert

Hello Robert,

If the name of the subform control is [Payments] then for the ControlSource
of [txTotalPayment] enter:

=[Payments].Form![Totals]

(I am assuming the Textbox you want to address is called [Totals])

God Bless,

Mark A. Sam

"Robert" <webguytx@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Group,
>
> I have a Ms Access 2000 database with four tables, One primary (NAMES),
> sub tables are PAYMENT, REFERRED AND PURCHASE. I want to reference the
> Totals field from the table PAYMENT in the unbound text box called
> txTotalPayment. This is in a form called CUSTOMERS with a subform called
> PAYMENT. What formula (if thats the correct name for it) do I use to
> reference this data?
>
> http://www.webguytx.info/access/relationship.png (shows table
> relationship)
>
> Robert

0
Mark
3/15/2007 12:29:19 PM
Mark A. Sam wrote:
> Hello Robert,
>
> If the name of the subform control is [Payments] then for the ControlSource
> of [txTotalPayment] enter:
>
> =[Payments].Form![Totals]
>
> (I am assuming the Textbox you want to address is called [Totals])
>
> God Bless,
>
> Mark A. Sam
>

> "Robert" <webguytx@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Group,
>>
>> I have a Ms Access 2000 database with four tables, One primary (NAMES),
>> sub tables are PAYMENT, REFERRED AND PURCHASE. I want to reference the
>> Totals field from the table PAYMENT in the unbound text box called
>> txTotalPayment. This is in a form called CUSTOMERS with a subform called
>> PAYMENT. What formula (if thats the correct name for it) do I use to
>> reference this data?
>>
>> http://www.webguytx.info/access/relationship.png (shows table
>> relationship)
>>
>> Robert

Group,

This worked great. I used =[subPayment].Form![AMOUNT]

Now I need to sum this field, I tried this
=Sum([subPayment].Form![AMOUNT])  I get a error with this statement.
What do I need?

Robert

0
Robert
3/15/2007 9:23:02 PM

> Group,
>
> This worked great. I used =[subPayment].Form![AMOUNT]
>
> Now I need to sum this field, I tried this
> =Sum([subPayment].Form![AMOUNT])  I get a error with this statement. What
> do I need?
>
> Robert

Put a new control on the subform like [TotAmount] with the controlsourse
=Sum([Amount])

Then use the expression =[subPayment].Form![TotAMOUNT] on the main form
textbox.

God Bless,

Mark A. Sam

0
Mark
3/16/2007 12:16:52 PM
Mark A. Sam wrote:
>> Group,
>>
>> This worked great. I used =[subPayment].Form![AMOUNT]
>>
>> Now I need to sum this field, I tried this
>> =Sum([subPayment].Form![AMOUNT])  I get a error with this statement. What
>> do I need?
>>
>> Robert
>
> Put a new control on the subform like [TotAmount] with the controlsourse
> =Sum([Amount])
>
> Then use the expression =[subPayment].Form![TotAMOUNT] on the main form
> textbox.
>
> God Bless,
>
> Mark A. Sam

I worked it out. I used a unbound text box, turned visable to no it
still shows in the subform. How do I not show it?

Robert
0
Robert

Pass Through to SQL Server Optimization Questions
On an autoexec function several recordsets are opened. Some are queries to local tables, some are to sql server tables. I have been trying to optimize performance but I haven't seen much difference in speed between queries run directly against linked SQL Server tables vs pass through queries. Here is my code for creating the pass throughs (I have another function OpenRecordSetLocal that handles queries to tables within the frontend. The ODBC connection string resides in the query Q_PassThrough. Am I missing something key? Is there a better way to do this? Thanks. Function OpenRecord...

Microsoft CRM server is not responding
Hi, Workflow Manager write: The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you are not a valid user. Fro more information, contact your system administrator. How fix it? In IE i can logon to CRM. ----- wbr, Eugene I've resolved this problem by restoring the metabase with the original version in IIS Regards Edgard Eugene wrote: > Hi, > > > Workflow Manager write: > > The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding. This might happen if > it is currently un...

Microsoft Great Plains SDK Documentation.
Any idea where i can find Microsoft Great Plains SDK Documentation.(We dont have Microsoft Great Plains License). Thanks Nath Nath -- If you have a Universal subscription to MSDN you are able to download the SDK information for Microsoft Great Plains. -- Kirsten Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Nath" <Nath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BAB062FF-8C3D-42F8-BA00-0F83A95D5B64@microsoft.com... &g...

is there anyway to access funcion written in c by vc++
hi Is this is possible to access ,a function written in C by VC++. Arbind >Is this is possible to access ,a function written in C by VC++. Yes. I suspect you need to know about using extern "C" to tell the compiler that your function is 'C' rather than C++. For example: extern "C" int MyFn( int p1 ); You often use it like this: extern "C" { #include "Your_C_Header.g" } Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq >#include "Your_C_Header.g" or even #include "Your_C_Header.h" who put that g key in the wa...

Accessing MIcrosoft Outlook
Yesterday, when I tried to access Outlook in my home pC, I received the following message: Cannot open MIcrosoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file C:|Users \jillandgordon\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this? Masny thanks, Gordon in TX Try this first http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287497/ "Gordon McDougall" <braidwoodboy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d0e17ac8-0215-431c-971f-bd862b58a245@y17g2000yqd....

I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why?
I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why? It keeps saying "incorrect function" khaganman <khaganman@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why? It keeps > saying "incorrect function" Is the D: drive your CD drive? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Accessing my information offline
I have updated my Outlook to 2002 on my notebook computer and when it is connected on the Lan at my office(new ethernet connection) I can see my calendar, addressbook, e- mails etc. However, when I disconnect and bring my notebook home, and try to access calendar, etc, it says I must sychronize while I am still connected to the Lan. My previous version of outlook didn't have this problem. I synched it on the Lan and it worked. This one won't. Any ideas???? How do you have your folders marked for Offline use under tools->Send/Receive settings? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlo...

Chart "Benchmark" Line Graph Question
I am generating a graph of many team's monthly audit productivity percentages (bar graph) with a "benchmark" (line graph) at 95% (y axis) across 6 month period (x axis). The problem is that the line graph appears on the graph but the ends of the line are centered in the end columns (left & right). Is there as simple way to extend the benchmark line out to the edges of the graph? MJ Have a great day and live life with passion! ...

Trying to open the current db in Access 2010 through Access Basic
I haven't programmed in Access Basic in quite a long time. Through Access Basic coding, I use to be able to open the current database and then open a table and walk through each record. Now I can't even open the database. Does anybody have an example of how to do the following: 1) Open Workspace 2) Open Current Database (assume name is unknown during run time 3) Open specific table 4) Step through each record and access the fields George C. Derkacs <George C. Derkacs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I haven't programmed in Access Basic in quite a lon...

MS Access 2007, Forms
When using the "Forms Wizard", I need to use the "Style: Ricepaper", but it isn't available in the 2007 version and I have not been successful trying to find it in Office Online or on the web. Does anyone know where I can get it? Access 2007 has 25 AutoFormats, but as you noticed, they are virtually all new ones. It's actually nice to see that these were updated. To get the older Ricepaper style you could probably create a form in an earlier version of Access and then import it into your current database. If you're using the ACCDB file format, you would...

Area Chart Question
Hello, I am graphing an area chart off a table of numbers. Is there a way to show the summary totals in the data table that I am showing on the graph without having the totals appear on the area graph itself? John John, Unfortunately the data tables are not going to give you a lot of flexibility. Whatever is in the chart is going to show up on the data table. To get around this restriction, I would suggest creating a data table made of worksheet cells as opposed to using the standard data table. The link below describes the process: http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/excel/a_simple...

Does table size make a difference in how well Access protects data
I am having a problem that has been going on for several weeks now. I am slowly trying to figure it out. the problem is that Access 2003 keeps deleting records after they are entered. Quick view of database: running Access 2k3 back end and frontends, 12 machines access the DB at any one time, mixture of Win2k Pro and Win XP pro all patches and service packs installed for all OS's as well as Access 2k3. Running Client/server set up controlled by Small Business Server 2k3. database resides on a machine running XP Pro. when new orders are entered into the system, the DB will tell the d...

Payment on Account receipt question
When I apply a payment to customer's account, a receipt prints with an entire history of the customer's purchases. Is there a way to limit this information, as some of my customer's history is quite extensive. Thank you in advance for your help. I would go into the xml for the receipt you are looking forward. You should be able to add another <for> loop in the section that writes out your history to have it stop at an arbitrary number. I haven't tried it, but something like the following, right inside your for loop for history, should work <set name="Hi...

unable to link from Access to excel named range error 3011
I have a list of xl workbook names in an Access table. My code cycles through these names and finds them in a directory. This works flawlessly. Now I want to find and name ranges in the workbooks, and link to them from my Access db. The process works for the first 2, then fails on the 3rd. I don't see what's different about the 3rd tblName lclName CellTxt RngNm Active and Approved Pending Stores*.xls xlStores Location Code Stores Annualized Rent Batch*.xls xlExtras Store Number Extras ...

OWA Setup Questions #2
Hi All, I am attempting to install the newly released owaadmin tool. My IIS server currently hosts 3 websites all of which are published to their own urls via host headers all of the sites are using ssl. When Installing the owaadmin tool, it creates a new "Default Web Site" as the orginal "Default Web Site" has been renamed. The new "Default Web Site" contains only the files and path names pointing to "%systemroot%\Program Files\Outlook Web Access Administration" what I am doing is removing this new "Default Web Site" site using the I...

Recipient Policy Question #6
My company is changing its name and obviously wants to reflect this with their email addresses. They want to use firstname.surname@newdomain.com format. Currently, there are a lot of bespoke email addresses with multiple domain names being used. The management would like to change this from the 1st of January for everyone at the same time. There are over 1000 users and manually changing each address is not viable (so I hope!) The vast majority of users have the "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" under AD Users and Computers unchecked. I have already ...

Giving Someone Access to Another Mailbox
I have a situation where one of our Admin Assistants is going to start sifting thru one of our executives email. What is the best way for this person to be able to see mailbox items? I would like to give this access via OWA only if possible and not neccessarily set it up on the client Outlook. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Which version of Exchange Server are you running? "mpallo" <mpallo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CCFB8C2-E2EC-40B7-A5F2-27D37E856ABE@microsoft.com... >I have a situation where one of our Admin Assistants is going to st...

Do until Loop question
I have 2 fields in a table - a station and a use checkbox. This is only used for set-up purposes... but I'd like the user to check boxes on the subform and have a sentence show up on the main form in a field. Example: Station Use Cheese x Sauce Chips x Salsa Sentence would look like: Cheese, Chips My programming works, except I get an error because it can't go to specified record when I am on the last record. For some reason - .movefirst and ..movenext don't want to work. Here is my code. Thank you for any help! Tammy Private Sub use_AfterUp...

SQL Insert from Access
I have a query in access 2003 containing new patients that needs to be inserted into a SQL server 2005 table. This will be done once a month. ImportData contains the connection string. Can anyone finish the syntax or tell me a better way of doing this. Thanks in advance. Kurt =============================================================================================== Set cnn = New ADODB.Connection cnn.Open ImportData strSQL = "INSERT INTO dbo.tblPatients (PFirstName, PLastName, MedicalRecNumber,DOB,MRSNID,EmployeeID)" strSQL = strSQL & "SEL...

IN update purgatory and firewall balloon question
my computer keeps showing the little shield saying updates are ready to install. I go to install-express or custom and these updates have failed over 20 times now, I've tried express and custom. Also, when I go to shut down the machine it says 1 of 2 updates are being installed. These must be the same two updates that fail over and over and over and slow down my dial up connection terribly while trying to update. The are Microsoft NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and 2.0 SP2 security updates. One is 20 some Mbs and on dial up would take freaking forever but this has been going o...

Accessing PST File from Multiple Partitions
The setup is a standard home Outlook 2003 configuration from an ISP's POP server. It has worked fine for years. I have the server configured to retain mail for a couple days, so that I can check the web interface from the office or from a laptop at the coffee shop even if the home machine is up and has pulled in Email, as it does every few minutes. Works fine. I recently put Windows 7 on the home machine, installing it on a separate partition. Eventually I would guess that it will be the standard OS on this machine, but for now it is experimental and the machine defaults to th...

Preventing Internet Access
How can I prevent users from going on the Internet through Outlook? Answered in the outlook.general newsgroup. Do NOT multipost! Multiposting; Posting the same message in different newsgroup separately. Crossposting; Posting one message addressed to several newsgroups Crossposting is better cause all the newsgroups will see all the responses where by Multiposting people won't see what is already suggested/solved in other newsgroups which is just a big waste of time for people who are trying to help them. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: ...

how do i construct a bar in microsoft word?
how do i construct a bar in microsoft word? > how do i construct a bar in microsoft word? Use Word to write a letter to a general contractor. Ask the contractor for a quote to build a tavern to your specifications. Be as specific as you can about the specs. ...