Merge data from Acces to word

I have an Access db with records on a form which I want to
export to a Word Template with predifened fields.
How can I do that?
reidarT
0
ReidarT

Take a look at Albert D. Kallal's Super Easy Word Merge at

http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel Pineault

"ReidarT" wrote:

> I have an Access db with records on a form which I want to
> export to a Word Template with predifened fields.
> How can I do that?
> reidarT

Replicating Production data in Test environment
our customer is looking to replicate there production data dynamics 3.0 into a Q/A we already have an existing Q/A environment set up but the data is outdated. We have an integration set up between 8 Great Plains companies & a propriety DB, using Scribe. What would be the best way to mirror the data? It would be simple to copy the Great Plains database; I think we could update the Scribe Keycross reference two way table. But the CRM data is not as transportable. Would using the CRM redeployment be an option? I have used this one before but only to move the database server within the...

Recurring error in Word 2007
Hi, I am using Word 2007. While typing in a document, I get the following recurring error: "Microsoft Office Word can't open the thesaurus. Microsoft Office Word cannot install the necessary files due to Windows Installer error 1605. This action is only valid for products that are currently installed." I do not know what causes the error and have no idea how to prevent it. Any help you can give me will be appreciated. Thank you. What I do in these situations is Google the error message (or the key = words therein.) The solution provided below, although it ...

Pivot Table Help
I have a column for the actual date and a column for a grade. I hav created a pivot table to total up information in regards to this data. I need to sum up the amounts by the month not the individual day. However I need to keep the individual date as mm/dd/yy. Is there a way that I can manipulate the pivot table to sum up based o the month only? Date 1/2/04 1/3/04 ... 5/6/04 Grade 2 1 ... 5 The pivot table works ok however I really only need to sum up th totals for each month not for each particular day. Is there a way tha I can use the same day column but only calculate the totals...

Separating Data
Hi...I have 4045 rows of data that look like this: 16TH FL BENN TOWER/4385 3900 CHESTNUT/6178 I need to separate out the 4 diget code after the /...so it's in a column by itself. Can you help me with the code. Thank you. DaveB =RIGHT(A1,4) If you want the information before the "/" in a seperate cell: =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-5) -- HTH, Laura Cook Appleton, WI "DaveB" <dberger16@comcast.net> wrote in message news:079e01c3672f$2d2d4050$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi...I have 4045 rows of data that look like this: > > 16TH FL BENN TOWER/4385 > 3900 CHEST...

Excel ? how to get data points to be crosses
In MS excel the plotted data point options are triangles, squares and circles, all solid. How do I creatt them in just outline and how do I represent data points by crosses rather than those other shapes? Double click on a series of points, and click on the Patterns tab. You can choose any of the marker styles, including a cross, from the dropdown. To get an outline of the shape, select None for the background color of the marker. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ STEJHA wrote: > I...

how to reclaim unallocated space without losing data
I have a 320GB external hard disk with 2 primary partitions and an extended partition. There is also 122BG of "unallocated" space (marked black in the disk management graphic display). Can I resize the extended partition without losing the data that resides on the logical drive that's already allocated in the extended partition? Running WINDOWS/XP Home with sp3 installed. TIA, Phil cellist wrote: > I have a 320GB external hard disk with 2 primary partitions and an > extended partition. There is also 122BG of "unallocated" space > (mark...

Missing Data Sources (Resend)
Hi there When I click Data, Get External Data, New Database Query..., there are no data sources listed in the Database list under <New Data Source>. Even the defaults e.g. dBase Files, Microsoft Access Database, Excel Files, etc are not listed. I am using Windows XP Professional with Office 2000. How can I fix this? Thanks Michael ...

Linking/refreshing data across worksheets
This is a very basic question, but has me stumped nonetheless. I have one worksheet which contains a list of my "master data", while several other worksheets in the workbook reference this list of data using an absolute reference i.e. ='Food Master'!B20 Is there an easy way to keep the data synced across worksheets if I insert a row into my master worksheet? FYI, I do not have this data saved as a list. Is there a way to accomplish this with absolute references or do I need to use a pivot table, lookup table, etc.? I'm trying to keep this simple if at all pos...

How to access CRM data from MS Word
I watched in a power point presentation downloaded from MS website that you can access your CRM data from MS word to make well formatted offers for your customers. There was an area on the right with CRM data in it and you can chose the data you want then inset it into the word document. Any idea how to make this. On May 10, 3:21 pm, Maged Assabri <MagedAssa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I watched in a power point presentation downloaded from MS website that you > can access your CRM data from MS word to make well formatted offers for your > customers. > Ther...

Data from 1 sheet to another sheet in same worksheet but then sorted....
I'm importing data from other worksheets with the database query function, this does carry a possibility to sort but due to specific matters I can't use the sorting function. My idea is now to have the data thus important automatically listen on another sheet in the same worksheet but on another sheet but this time sorted according to certain criteria. I'm sure this is easy with lists etc and filters, but what I'm looking for is something simple where even I can work with. Your suggestions are very welcome, thanks, martin ...

merging worksheet by email
How does one execute merging a worksheet with someone by email? If the emailer has the exact same headers and emails the worksheet, how can I merge the list of names and addresses into my sheet alphabetically? Is this possible to do? TIA Bob Bob, Open both, copy the new data from the emailed worksheet, paste it at the bottom of your worksheet, then select the entire range and sort based on the appropriate key(s). HTH, Bernie "bb" <bb@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:3sklb.529$wc3.283@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net... > How does one execute merging a worksheet...

Word crashes printing some docs
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Just this week Word crashes when I give a print command for an older .doc (created in 2007) that printed just fine last week. It's one page, no images, just text. Other (newer?) documents can be printed without a problem. Any suggestions about how to get the old doc to print again? Thanks. The most common cause of crash on print is lack of updates... Not only Office & OS X but equally important -- perhaps even more so -- the printer driver. This is true regardless of whether 'some files' or 's...

Importing a spreadsheet into MS Word
I have just upgraded my machine to MS Office 2003 and was wondering if there is anyway to import an Excel spreadsheet into a Word document? Could someone please let me know. Thanks Geordieboy -- Maybe just select your range, then copy|paste??? geordieboy wrote: > > I have just upgraded my machine to MS Office 2003 and was wondering if there > is anyway to import an Excel spreadsheet into a Word document? Could someone > please let me know. > > Thanks > > Geordieboy > -- -- Dave Peterson ...

Cannot associate .doc files with Word 2007 on Windows 7
I have Word 2007. I double click a doc file and a dialog opens asking me which program to open it with. Word is not among the options. So I click "Always use the selected program ..."and then go into "Browse ..." find my Offce12 folder and the winword.exe file, select it, and ... nothing happens. Doc files continue to have no association. So I tried the built-in diagnostics on Word 2007, and it was ok. Then I tried "winword /r" to re-register Word 2007. It seemed to run to completion, but it made no difference. I cannot associate doc files with...

Expanding selected data
When creating a chart in 2007, I select a range of data containing sales by month. I forgot to select the column or cells cotaining the sales categories so the chart shows series1, series 2, series 3 and so on. I expanded the selected data by dragging out the colored box/border surrounding the selected data, but the my chart did not updated. why? how can my chart update automatically when modififying the selected area? Thought it was possible in 2007. Thansk Hi, If your chart didn't include a title range then there is no purple border available to expand. The blue border i...

Source Data Ranges in Charts
Is there a way an Excel chart (Excel 2000) can dynamically determine th beginning and end of source data ranges? Perhaps based on markers i the worksheet, or the use of a function of some sort in the data sourc panel. Imagine a single column of values from rows 1 to 2000. This column o values describes a series of "events" in order from top to bottom o the column. Each event equates to a separate data series in the chart In the chart each data series is hardcoded with the beginning an ending cell references of each event. The problem is this: When the parameters of the underl...

Word Art #3
How do I resize or scale my Word Art? I know I can change the font size, but I want to scale/resize -- just keeps popping back to original size. natira wrote: > How do I resize or scale my Word Art? I know I can change the font > size, but I want to scale/resize -- just keeps popping back to > original size. And are we supposed to /guess/ which version you're running...? -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/ My apologies, you are quite right. Being new to Bulletin Boards I was remiss in not stating all the facts. I will, however, take my question...

Filter data from one collum by looking up from another column
Hi, I am stuck on the following problem: I want to exclude names (or give them another color) from 1 column if they are also in another column. To illustrate this, the result from the following data: A B 1 John Peter 2 Sue Floyd 3 Peter Dan 4 Mike Chris would have to be: John Sue Mike Or in this case I could use a conditional formatting to paint A3 red. How do I do this? Try something like this: Using your posted example: Select A1:A4, with A1 as the active cell From the Excel main menu: <format><conditional formatting> Formula is: =COUNTIF($A$1:$B1,A1)>1 Click the...

No leading for list inside table (Word 2007)
I have a simple 2-column table containing agenda items for a meeting. The left column contains the topics. They are formatted as a numbered list. The right column contains the subtopics. They are formatted as a bulleted list. It looks like this: 1. Topic 1 * Subtopic * Subtopic 2. Topic 2 * Subtopic 3. Topic 3 * Subtopic * Subtopic * Subtopic * Subtopic The paragraph settings for both columns are the same: 6 pts Spacing before 0 pts Spacing after Checked Don't add space be...

data validation list from multiple non-contiguous named ranges?
I have three non-contiguous ranges, named: Locations, AltLocations, AddLocations I have a data validation cell (list) that I need to include all three of these ranges as options, but XL XP gives an error that source has to be all one row, all one column, or a comma delimited list. I added all three named locations into a new range: AllLocations = Locations,AltLocations,AddLocations when I click on the name, it highlights all three ranges, but when I try to add that into my new column it gives me [#value], which is strange because if I use one of the original ranges in the column (C1=Locatio...

compare two cells with non-numeric data
I need to compare two cells (A1 vs B1) that contain letter grades (that is, A, A-, B+, B, B-, etc.) I need to show if one cell (B1) has a higher grade than the cell to which it is being compared to (A1), is the same or has a lower grade. If this were the comparison of number data, then no problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks One thing you could do is to allocate a nominal value to each grade. For example, set up a column somewhere, eg in X1:X10 like this: A A- B+ B B- C+ C C- D E I don't know what grades you are actually using, but I'm sure you can see the idea of list...

2010 Word beta file type problem
I've installed Office 2010 beta. Now word documents (.DOC) are not associated with Word. I attempted to re-associate them as is typical in Windows by choosing "open with" and then browsing to "winword.exe" in c:\program files(x86)\office14. But it will not accept winword.exe as a valid program! So, currently the only way I can get to use Word is to open Word 2010 and either do File>Open, or drag a DOC file into the header of Word. (if I try to drag a DOC file from Explorer onto the Word icon on the desktop, it won't accept it! What's go...

Duplicate Data -Adding information to another column in row & dele
I have a spreadsheet that I have sorted and contains duplicate cells of information within the same columns, but has needed information within the row. I need some help writing a formula that would allow me to do as discribed below down the entire worksheet: If Cell B2= B3, Then add value in cell E3 to cell E2, retaining the E2 cell vaue, using sometype of delimiter such as a comma or hard return to seperate the 2 values, then delete row 3 and move down through the entire worksheet. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Jacky Del Hoyo Try this against a copy of your wor...

macro in excel to copy from excel to word
i have a database in excel...which i would like to take more advantag of. I also have some forms in Word that I was hoping to be able to get the to be automatically completed using the excel database. Initially thought this would be quite simple.... just record the macr then modify it to suit. This using simple copy from excel and paste into word document, o pasting into form..field..values. I have done a little before with excel macros - to a level of 'usin excel programming for dummies' book. But really do not know where t start now. Have seen this: "Dim appWD As Word.Appl...

merge w/filemaker pro
I upgraded to Word 2004 for Mac so that I could do mail merges with Filemaker Pro 7 databases, but when I try to select the data source from the data merge manager, it won't let me select the Filemaker databases. Any advice would be appreciated. That's a known issue. FileMaker 7 creates databases in a different structure than previous versions, and as a result Word, which was designed for use with FileMaker 6 and earlier, cannot read the databases. There is no workaround at the moment other than not working with a FileMaker 7 database. Your request here for FileMaker 7 support ...