Menu Bar will NOT disable

Hi all,

I am trying to disable the menu bar at runtime/startup.  I have researched
this site and used the solutions presented such as, application.commandBars
("menu bar").enabled = False (tried = 0, too!) and code options.  Placed the
code in the form_Open and form_load events.  I haven't had any success?  I
have unchecked all setting in the Tools --> Startup and the Tools --> Options
that deal with toolbars and shortcut menus, this was not successful, too.  I
am at a loss.

Can anyone direct me what to do next?

This site is VERY helpful I use it as a reference all the time, thanks so
much!

LeftyLeo

I actually don't use any code to hide the existing menu bars.

the trick is simply hide all of the tool bars (and menus) that are NOT IN
USE. You simply wind up with the main ms-access menu bar.

Then, in the tools->start-up,, you specify your own custom menu bar (perhaps
with just a exit button on it).

The other important thing to remember is thus you ALWAYS need to shift-enter
into your database to developer, or the whole above process breaks down...

The options to complete hide and keep people out of the ms-access interface
can easily be done using the tools->start-up options. Using those options
allows you to complete hide the ms-access interface (tool bars, database
window etc). Also, using these options means you
do not have to bother setting up security.

Try downloading and running the 3rd example at my following web site that
shows a hidden ms-access interface, and NO CODE is required to do
this....but just some settings in the start-up.

Check out:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/DownLoad.htm

After you try the application, you can exit, and then re-load the
application, but hold down the shift key to by-pass the start-up options. If
want, you can even disable the shift key by pass. I have a sample mdb file
that will let you "set" the shift key bypass on any application you want.
You can get this at:
http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html

If my example works on your machine, and I have no code to hide anything,
then it well shows one approach to doing this....

--
Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

0
Albert
5/8/2007 9:32:57 PM
Thank-you Albert!

I think the trick was to create your own.  I didn't want any menu bars but
the example in your application works for me.

Thanks again

Albert D. Kallal wrote:
>I actually don't use any code to hide the existing menu bars.
>
>the trick is simply hide all of the tool bars (and menus) that are NOT IN
>USE. You simply wind up with the main ms-access menu bar.
>
>Then, in the tools->start-up,, you specify your own custom menu bar (perhaps
>with just a exit button on it).
>
>The other important thing to remember is thus you ALWAYS need to shift-enter
>into your database to developer, or the whole above process breaks down...
>
>The options to complete hide and keep people out of the ms-access interface
>can easily be done using the tools->start-up options. Using those options
>allows you to complete hide the ms-access interface (tool bars, database
>window etc). Also, using these options means you
>do not have to bother setting up security.
>
>Try downloading and running the 3rd example at my following web site that
>shows a hidden ms-access interface, and NO CODE is required to do
>this....but just some settings in the start-up.
>
>Check out:
>
>http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/DownLoad.htm
>
>After you try the application, you can exit, and then re-load the
>application, but hold down the shift key to by-pass the start-up options. If
>want, you can even disable the shift key by pass. I have a sample mdb file
>that will let you "set" the shift key bypass on any application you want.
>You can get this at:
>http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html
>
>If my example works on your machine, and I have no code to hide anything,
>then it well shows one approach to doing this....

LeftyLeo

How do I locate the send on the menu bar?
I am using Microsoft 2000, and the send, to expedite my email message does not show on the menu bar. Any suggestions on how I may locate it. "Newlearner" <Newlearner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A80EFCD9-3BCA-4BD2-AD47-A1699A9C2164@microsoft.com... >I am using Microsoft 2000, and the send, to expedite my email message does > not show on the menu bar. Any suggestions on how I may locate it. It's already in the File menu. For the Database toolbar: With any database window open, right-click on the toolbar, and choose Customize. Select File in th...

Mail won't send but will receive
We have an interesting (and very challenging / frustrating) problem. We run SBS 2003 Premium with ISA and Trend Micro virus protection. We can't send email out through Outlook / Exchange (SMTP to mail.bigpond.com) However our client computers can email our through Outlook Express (SMTP to mail.bigpond.com) We can receive mail through Outlook / Exchange (POP through mail.ourserver.com ) and I can ping mail.bigpond.com which suggests to me that this is an internal Exchange or SBS2003 issue. I have run the CEICW many times, to reconfigue firewall, set SMTP to use DNS and to send dire...

Macros Disabled #2
Hello, I have a user running Excel 2000 on a Win 2000 sp3 machine. She has a file with several macros. The file is a form with data fields for names, numbers, etc. As soon as she enters any data and clicks the tab button to go to the next field, she gets an error message that the Macros have been disabled and the Tab key won't go to the next field. She emailed me the file and when I open it on my machine (same setup), I first get asked if I want to enable the macros. I say Yes - and everything works fine. I emailed the file back to the user, but it's still broken on her...

Disabling Standard Icons
I am running Office 2003 and I want to assign a error message to the SAVE icon on the StandardToolbar to disable the standard save function to get the user to use another save button that I have set up on the spreadsheet. I know it can be done because I have it on a spreadsheet someone else set up but I cannot find where they set it up. It needs to be done in such a way that when I send the document (spreadsheet) to other Pc's it will still be setup. Any help would be most apprciated. Look in the macros on the example workbook. Learning wrote: > I am running Offic...

Menu Bar will NOT disable
Hi all, I am trying to disable the menu bar at runtime/startup. I have researched this site and used the solutions presented such as, application.commandBars ("menu bar").enabled = False (tried = 0, too!) and code options. Placed the code in the form_Open and form_load events. I haven't had any success? I have unchecked all setting in the Tools --> Startup and the Tools --> Options that deal with toolbars and shortcut menus, this was not successful, too. I am at a loss. Can anyone direct me what to do next? This site is VERY helpful I use it as a reference all t...

how to make file that will always be a particular template
How is it possible to make a folder that whenever I make a new document in that folder it will by defaut be a different template to normal ? But you make a new document by accessing a different template from within Word, and then you save it in the folder of your choice. On Apr 24, 2:37=A0pm, AYJ <A...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How is it possible to make a folder that whenever I make a new document i= n > that folder it will by defaut be a different template to normal ...

NEW MENU
Hi, In Excel 2003, one could to create a new menu and then choose commands for such new menu. I used to create a list of files to open (different from the "most recent" list). How does one do it in Excel 2007? Thanks. "CF" <CF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AF8A7BC-5013-4BEC-B13A-3B7B8F4E4220@microsoft.com... > Hi, > In Excel 2003, one could to create a new menu and then choose commands for > such new menu. I used to create a list of files to open (different from > the > "most recent" list). > &g...

Bar Chart #6
Hi All I have a bar chart with different percentages displayed as the columns. Or target is 70%. Is it possible to have a target line added to the bar chart to show how many meet the target? In a line graph I just add a target column to create the target line but this will not work with a bar chart Any help greatly appreciated Kind regards Rexmann opps forgot to say using Excel 2003 "rexmann" wrote: > Hi All > > I have a bar chart with different percentages displayed as the columns. Or > target is 70%. Is it possible to have a target line added to the bar cha...

Windows Installer Cleanup Utility will not update
I am running Windows XP SP3. Each time I try to update the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility by running �msicuu2.exe�, which was downloaded from Microsoft, I get the message, �The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package �msicuu.msi� in the box below.� If I locate the �msicuu.msi� file a message indicates that,� �msicuu.msi� is not a valid installation package for the product Windows Installer Cleanup. Try to find the installation package �msicuu.msi� in...

CAsyncSocket()::OnReceive() will not be fired !!! -> MFC BUG ?!?
Hello peoples i have wrotten a FTP-Client with a own Class of CAsyncSocket. Sometime the messagge from the Server will NOT BE reveiced, but the server have ben sendet to the Client ( the OnReceive() of the Client is not called !!) I use MSVS6.0 OR can´t use the CAsyncSocket for a FTP-Client ? ( the CInternetConnetion can´t use, why i need ALL sended and received data for displaying regard Nico van Halobar Nico van Halobard wrote: > Hello peoples, > > i have wrotten a FTP-Client with a own Class of CAsyncSocket. Sometime the messagge from the Server will NOT BE revei...

Logo will print in black & white but not colour
I really need some help with this urgently! check your options either in the software you are using or the printer setup to see if color is selected vrs black only. "Amanda K" <Amanda K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:543569FB-DC77-426F-8BEE-124A9C4D7539@microsoft.com... >I really need some help with this urgently! ...

MS Outlook will not start
Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. Recreate your mailprofile in Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles... -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Damian ten Bohmer" <damiantenbohmer@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message news:...

The window menu
Can't ms follow their own gui conventions? When I hit alt-w + 1 I want to see the first opened spreadsheet, alt-w + 2 the 2nd, etc.... alt-w+1 opening the 2nd one. How the heck do I do this? I use excel 2000, though they all have this problem. Where does that work? You can tab through the spreadsheets with Ctrl-PageUp and Ctrl-PageDown -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Justin-SEO" <justgold79@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1179987212.892387.67650@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Can't ms follow...

Side by side stacked bar chart
Is it possible to do a chart that has side by side stacked bars for different periods? For example, I want to compare quarterly profits for the years 2004 and 2005. I am using MS Excel 2003. Hi, See Jon Peltier's page on cluster stacked column chart. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy JRW523 wrote: > Is it possible to do a chart that has side by side stacked bars for different > periods? For example, I want to compare quarterly profits for the years 2004 > and 2005. I am using MS Excel 2003. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://...

Disabling Anti-Virus Software
To install a new version of InterNet Explorer, the instructions say to disable anti-virus software, because it may interfere with installation. Don't know how to disable. I have Norton and some anti-spam items, Ad-Aware and Ad- Watch. I'm sure it's easy, but.............. >-----Original Message----- >To install a new version of InterNet Explorer, the >instructions say to disable anti-virus software, because >it may interfere with installation. Don't know how to >disable. >I have Norton and some anti-spam items, Ad-Aware and Ad- >Watch. >I'm...

Menu in Word behaving oddly; items (like the entire contents of the Tools menu) disappearing...
Hey, I'd be oh-so-grateful if anyone has any idea how I could address this problem. I'm quite mystified. I'm running MS Word for X on my Mac (OS 10.4.3), and lately some odd things have begun happening. At first I was just working around them, but I've decided live my computer life too much that way (ignoring problems and hoping they go away), so thought I should look into this before it gets out of control. Items have been disappearing from the Word menu bar. That is, for instance, after I had used the "Symbols" option under the "Insert" menu one day, it di...

ISE will not start on XP SP3
I'm trying to learn PS and have installed v2 CTP3 on my Windows XP SP3 system. It seemed to go on fine. When I try to launch PowerShell ISE it just starts and dies within a couple seconds. It does not even become visible. I have to catch it in Process Explorer just to see that it even launched. The Windows PowerShell V2 (CTP) prompt starts just fine. There are no entries in any event log indicating that I even attempted to start it. I am logged on as an administrator. Any ideas? Thanks, Tom On 1/11/2010 1:57 PM, Tom K wrote: > I'm trying to learn ...

Problem with modal dlg and popup menu
Hi! Here's a pickle for you MFC gurus (VC6): If I show a modal dialog while I'm selecting something from a popup menu, the mouse gets all confused. I can't do anything (mouse-wise) with the dialog. It's like the mouse still focuses on the window that displayed the popup. Keyboard interaction works, ie pressing <Esc> will invoke the dlg's OnCancel(). Is there any way to have the dlg behave correctly in this situation? A code snippet that would reproduce the behavior (snippet from a plain autogenerated SDI app): //-------------------- void CTestPopupView::OnContex...

Enter key will no longer return to begining of next row
From one worksheet to the next, the enter key will only activate the cell directly below the current cell. What Have I done to change the direction? Have checked the direction selection in Options and as suggested by MS Help made sure the Down was selected. Doesn't change a thing. Help! Sandy look in Tools | Options | and on the Edit tab check what's in "Move selection after Enter" Regards Trevor "Sandy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:212b01c3e06b$ac7afe50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > From one worksheet to the next, the ent...

Publisher 2000 will not open all files.
My hard drive went down and had to be replaced. I re-installed Microsoft Publisher 2000 version 6.0 The only version I have ever had or used. I copied my publisher files onto the new hard drive and since then Publisher has opened some files with no problems. Others (approx:50%=) open on a blank page with a message (Box) that says, within it, 'Publisher cannot open files from a different version.' What different version, I have only had the one. I would appreciate some help here as I have a large numer of files that Pulisher will not let me access. Regards. -- Oldsteve, Silver Sur...

Options okn Tools Menu
I have a user who is using Excel 97. When he goes to the menu bar and selects Tools then Options, the Options chioce is there but when you clck on it it does nothing. Has anyone had this issue before and if so how can I get his Options functionality back? Excel and Office has been uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Maybe this is it: XL97: Page Fault or Violation When You Click Options on the Tools Menu http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;108032 sounds like it describes your Tools|Options problem (it says it was corrected in xl97 SR2). Ron Davidson wrote:...

Disabling the Junk Mail filter
Does anyone know if/how the Junk Mail filter in Outlook 2003 can be completely and permanently disabled. We run a subscribed anti-spam service at mail server level and the client filter is creating false positives all the time and causing much unrest amongst my users! I've tried setting the filter to no automatic filtering, but this doesn't seem to stop things redirecting to the junk mail (backup notifications originating from backup exec are consistently hitting the junk mail folder despite having been added to all safe sender and recipient lists). This trivial issue is drivin...

::: More than 8 seconds on space bar = Cursor blocked ! Please HELP !
Hello, I press more than 8 seconds on the space bar. Now my cursor is blocked. Like if I wanted to select many cells. How can I go back to a normal situation ? And free my cursor! Many thanks in advance for your help. Jacques try touching the f8 key -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <infojacques@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1178563983.482171.224070@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I press more than 8 seconds on the space bar. Now my cursor is > blocked. Like if I wanted to select many cells. > > How can I go back to a no...

how to disable cell printing
I need to do some kind of a form, and i want to block some filled wit text cells from printing, (i don't want this text witch is in thi cells to be printed, and i want the others cells to be printed) and can't find any option to disable cells from printing. Pls hel .:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com hi there's no such option. You have to do this within a macro 8e.g. set the font color to white) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "rozczochrany >" <<rozczochrany.19r8ec@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:rozcz...

Adding a menu
Hello, How do I add a new menu (not a sub-menu) to the menu bar using a macro in Excel 97? Thank you. Eric. Try this http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?d=envbacbmenuxl97 "Eric" <eric@mail.com> wrote in message news:uGVq7is3DHA.1760@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > How do I add a new menu (not a sub-menu) to the menu bar using a macro in > Excel 97? > > Thank you. > > Eric. > > Thank you. Eric. "Township of East Hanover" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:ofCdnczcvKAtppHdRVn-jw@garden.net... &...