Masking - Form Password

I am using the following code, I would like the password typed to be masked
is it possible?

Private Sub Command15_Click()
   Dim stPassword As String
   stPassword = InputBox("Enter Your Password")
   If stPassword = "areaa" Then
      Me.Visible = True
      DoCmd.OpenForm "MICC-HQ_Frm", acNormal
      Me.Visible = True
   Else
      MsgBox "You Entered the wrong password"
   End If
End Sub

Thanks,

Take a look at the input mask property.  I believe there's a "Password"
mask.

--

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in
this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does
not constitute endorsement thereof.

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

"lmossolle" <lmossolle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using the following code, I would like the password typed to be masked
> is it possible?
>
> Private Sub Command15_Click()
>   Dim stPassword As String
>   stPassword = InputBox("Enter Your Password")
>   If stPassword = "areaa" Then
>      Me.Visible = True
>      DoCmd.OpenForm "MICC-HQ_Frm", acNormal
>      Me.Visible = True
>   Else
>      MsgBox "You Entered the wrong password"
>   End If
> End Sub
>

> Thanks,

0
Jeff

Records on Form don't get saved
I'm new to access and was wondering if anyone knew how I could input data on a form...close the form (clicking saving) and later going back and viewing the data? I did those steps but when I go back the data isn't there...it goes back to showing 1 record and it being a blank form Access, by default, save data entered when a form is close or when you navigate to another records. A couple possibilities are possible with your situation. 1- when you open the form, can you use navigation buttons at the bottom of the form to goto other records? If so, can you find the previously ma...

Password Protect When Saved
Is there a way of setting up a password, so if the save button is pressed a password is needed before the program can be saved. Also people. I am trying to write some code so when a button in my program is pressed it exits without saving. I have - ActiveWorksheet.Close I can not figure out what to put next, nothing I seem to wite is working "Nick" wrote: > Is there a way of setting up a password, so if the save button is pressed a > password is needed before the program can be saved. The easy question. You could have a button (from the Forms toolbar) that looks like ...

How Do I make fields not appear on a form or report
I have a report or form (I can use which ever one will work) that has several combo boxes to choose appropriate criteria. If a particular combo box has not been used, I do not want it to appear on the final print out. I realize the can shrink can grow only applies to text boxes not combo boxes. Can I use "is null" anywhere to make this work? I cant change these to text boxes since I am storing the value in the table not the text. Thank you. On 16 Apr 2007 13:17:35 -0700, "Lisa" <dlhenne@charter.net> wrote: >I have a report or form (I can use which ever one ...

Form #1 that filters form #2
I have a form #1 customers and form #2 orders. I put a button on form #1 to open form #2 filtered but customerID. However, when I go to data enter the second...tenth customers the order form does not save the information into table or form. What am I doing wrong and How can I correct this problem? On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:09:01 -0800, Jennifer <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a form #1 customers and form #2 orders. I put a button on form #1 to >open form #2 filtered but customerID. However, when I go to data enter the >second...tenth customers th...

Display form from an VB application in Excel
Dear All, I have the following problem with a macro. I hope somebody may help me. Problem: I want to display a VBA form created in an VB application on top of an Excel worksheet to enter some information. But when I show the form after opening the Excel workbook, the macro automatically switches back to the application showing this form (and not on top of the Excel workbook). Code: .... 'Open Excel workbook Set xlS = clsApp.GetApplication("excel.Application") Set xlsWB = xlS.Workbooks.Open(filename) xlS.Visible = True 'Show form on top of that Excel workbook frm.Show vbMod...

Deleting the last/default eforms registry organizational form directory
The person setting up the first Exchange 2003 (SP2) server in a new domain made a typo when manually adding the first organizational form in US English; unfortunately that is preventing an auxiliary application from working, even though two special forms were . We need to get the form name changed. We can add additional form directories in other languages, and delete them from the exchange system manager, but the problem one gives us an error dialog: The requested operation is forbidden ID no: c1030af1 Exchange System Manager. Nothing else is logged. Google and MS searching reveals a few ...

One From Update Requery another form
Greetings, I have a form that is simply a containter form for two sub forms. There is no real relationship between the form and the subs, but rather between one sub and another. The sub1 is a continuous from, while the sub 2 is an individual form. Each of these subs is based on their own query. But both queries are based certain on the same large table. So think as sub one General Info and Sub2 as specific. In On Current of the General sub2 specific, I have code to link this sub to sub2. So, sub1 serves as an index for sub2. Data can be added in sub2, but sub1 accepts no additions o...

Delete Command Button not working on form
I have a Delete Command Button on a form which does not appear to be working properly. I originally had a delete button macro created by the command button wizard and it seemed to be functioning properly... from the form it would ask if you want to delete the record permanently. If I chose yes, it would appear to delete it, meaning that if I were to search for the record to verify it would say that the record does not exist. Upon closing the form and viewing the table, the record would not actually be deleted and would then be back on the form when I would reopen it. So, ...

How to get rid of password?
My wife is being driven mad by the request to change her password on her Vista laptop about every two weeks. I don't know all that much about Vista, being a XP man, but I have followed the instructions to remove password but it always seems to come back. All she wants is to be able to turn on her laptop in the morning and never be asked for a password again. Quite simple really - so how can I persuade Vista to do this please? Try this:http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66966-logon-automatically.html -- brummyfan On 30 Mar, 09:40, brummyfan <gu...@unknown-email.c...

Search for Password Protected Files
I have a CD with a bunch of Excel files on it. I need to find the ones that are password protected, is there by any chance a way to find such files?? Please say yes!! Thank you! Doreen Password protected--To Open or to modify???? If to Open, then this seemed to work ok: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim myFiles() As String Dim fCtr As Long Dim myFile As String Dim myPath As String Dim testWkbk As Workbook Dim logWks As Worksheet Dim oRow As Long Set logWks = Workbooks.Add(1).Worksheets(1) logWks...

adding a contact mail form to the toolbar
Hi. I once found an article about how to add a pre-addressed mail form to the Outlook toolbar. When I'm in Outlook, if I want to send a letter to one of several commonly used addresses, I just click on these icons (I use a smiley face with the person's name), and a new mail window opens up, already addressed to that person, and ready for me to type my message. It's a great convenience. However, I have lost the original article telling me how to do it, and I have looked at all the options in Customize Toolbar, and can't figure out how to do it again. I can certainly...

Delete open forms
Hello, I'm trying to write code that deletes all open unhidden forms... I have this code: Dim db As Access.Application Dim frm As Form Set db = Application For Each frm In db.Forms If frm.Visible Then DoCmd.Close acForm, frm.Name 'Debug.Print frm.Name End If Next frm Although the appropriate forms will print in the immediate window; the code will not delete them all. Strangely, the form that gets opened second seems to remain; i.e., if three forms are opened, the one that was opened first and last will close. Any thoughts? Thanks, al...

Problem with Form Refreshing after losing focus
I have an application that is running a long process. It periodically updates a value into a table. That table is displayed on a form that is presented to the users to keep them appraised of the status of the process. As each entry is placed in the table, a requery causes the data to be refreshed and the users sees the new status update. As long as focus is maintained in Access the form continues to update. Once focus is lost, due to another application taking focus (email system popping up a meeting announcement, someone IMing, or switching to another application), when focus is r...

"Remember password" not available
Hello ! I am running XP pro SP3, OE 6, IE 7; my system language is Italian, but I hope that the problem will be understood anyway. I use OE 6 for my email, I have 3 accounts and all do the same. When I click Send/Receive I have a window asking for the password of the account, but I cannot flag "Remember password". In Account manager, the "Remeber password" has the same behaviour, it is not flaggable. Apart this, OE 6 is working OK. Any help ? Thanks in advance, Enrico (Chicchio) Pick whatever applies. For the OE logon password: Your ISP may be able to te...

buttton on Continuous Form
Hello I've searched previously all posted questions in Access (Form Coding, General Questions, Module Coding and Programming and I am not finding mine). Also I checked the Dir Function and I always get error. I also posted a question with no reply. So here goes... In Access 2003 I have a Continuous Form showing a query. The form shows the fields A, B, C, D, E and F from MyTable. The field F shows all records .pdf in the database. All files .pdf (from records of field F) are already in C:\AB\A. What I need is: A code in a button of my form (FQMA) that If I put the c...

query by form problem 11-30-09
On my form I have a series of six unbound, unconnected check boxes labeled (for the purposes of this post) a, b, c, d, e, and f. When a is checked, I want my query to show all records where a is not null. And no other records. When both a and b are checked, I want my query to show all records where a is not null and where b is not null. And no other records. And so on. In other words, turning off any check box gives a query that ignores records with non-null values of the corresponding field. I am uncertain as to how to design this query. Could someone please advise? Ma...

Outlook Prompts for E-mail Account and Password Even Though "Save Password" Has Been Checked (XP)
The OS is XP Pro. One user, Adminstrator, password login. I can't recall if it's Outlook 2000 or 2003. Multiple e-mail accounts. Every time he gets his e-mail, Outlook prompts for the account logins and passwords. He checks the "save password" box and it gets the mail. But the next time he gets his e-mail, Outlook prompts for the accountnames and passwords again. Any idea why? Peter, I have had the same problem ever since I upgraded to Outlook 2002. Hope someone has the answer. This also happens on several of my web based email sites. I check the Remember my login and p...

OWA Username & Password Prompt
My client is constantly getting prompted for user name and password when using OWA. He is using the following: OS: w2k pro IE: 5.5 128 bit Security: Medium I just added it as a trusted site I am able to replicate the issue on XP Pro/6.0 with Medium security on a SBS domain. I am also able to access with just the initial prompt on another XP Pro/6.0 with Medium security in a workgroup. Any insights/suggestions Nothing is showing up in either the App. or Security logs on the server Thanks Jonathan ...

how do I set up outlook with my Comcast user name and password
How do I configure Outlook to my Comcast e-mail? emi wrote: > How do I configure Outlook to my Comcast e-mail? Configure all the settings in Outlook according to the information Comcast gives you. This is for Outlook 2002 (but you can find how to do for other versions here, too): http://www.comcast.com/Support/Corp1/FAQ/FaqDetail_2287.html "emi" <emi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:393A5521-6E8E-4459-B5B5-69BCDF04F087@microsoft.com... > How do I configure Outlook to my Comcast e-mail? ...

"Enter Network Password" Keeps Popping Up
Have WinXP Home and recently I've been getting the "Enter Network Password" dialogue box popping up at inopportune times. How do I get rid of this? Thanks. May be, ticking the save password box would help. >-----Original Message----- >Have WinXP Home and recently I've been getting the "Enter Network Password" >dialogue box popping up at inopportune times. How do I get rid of this? > >Thanks. > > >. > ...

Moving Money 2000 to new computer needs password
Hi - I received a new computer and I am moving all of me software from the old one before I get rid of it. I installed the copy of Money 2000 that I had on the old computer. When I copy my msmoney.mny file to the new computer and attemt to open it, it says I need to enter the password for the file. Problem is, I never created a password for it, so I can open the file. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, Wes wrote: >Hi - > > I received a new computer and I am moving all of me software from the old >one before I get rid of it. I installed the copy of Money ...

Can you supply ACCDB's password in OpenDatabase method?
Can you supply the password in Visual Basic code for an ACCDB file that you wish to open using the OpenDatabase method? The following is pulled from the Access help file Syntax Set database = workspace.OpenDatabase (dbname, options, read-only, connect) .... The connect argument is expressed in two parts: the database type, followed by a semicolon (;) and the optional arguments. You must first provide the database type, such as "ODBC;" or "FoxPro 2.5;". The optional arguments follow in no particular order, separated by semicolons. One of the parameter...

New Password
My financial instituion made me change my login ID to access my accounts online. I need to change that information in Money, but I'm not sure how. Anyone? ...

Outlook 2003 won't save password in pop3 account settings
I am trying to set my email account settings to remember my password and it still prompts me everytime I send or receive email for the password. If I type it in, I have no trouble connecting and getting mail though. I am working through a citrix terminal to connect to outlook 2003 running on our company server. Is this a known bug? Is there a patch? Help! Sean Cartwright ...

Clicking through a form
Hi all, I was wondering how to click through forms. What do I mean? If i have a half-transparent form, and I click on that form, the click would not click on the form, but behind it. I have seen this feature on a winamp plugin called Toaster. Anybody know? Thanks guys, Timothy. If you have the handel of the window that is behind the transparnet window: catch the mouse message in the transparent window and then send them to the window behind it. AliR. "Timothy" <tripix@msn.com> wrote in message news:%237uZBL7IGHA.2628@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > I was w...