Make Table Query - Save Table as Date

I have a Macro and at the end of the Macro I have a Make Table Query
that I would like to automatically save as todays date in the current
database.  Does anybody have an idea on how I can do this?

0
dswiders

On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 11:40:24 -0700, dswiders@gmail.com wrote:

>I have a Macro and at the end of the Macro I have a Make Table Query
>that I would like to automatically save as todays date in the current
>database.  Does anybody have an idea on how I can do this?

A date is just a field value. Saving today's date as a Table is almost
certainly VERY bad design. Why do an expensive, awkward MakeTable query at
all? Store the day's data for all days in *one* table, with a date field
defaulting to Date(), and then use a Query to select the records pertaining to
a given day.

If I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to accomplish please explain!

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

can't save changes to workbook; ready only
We use and Microsoft Excel Workbook as our database and I am the primary person that makes changes and those changes are saved on the other two people's copies who work in the office. This morning when I tried to save changes it would not let me and changed my copy and their copies of the workbook to a [read only] [shared] [compatibility mode] database.xls This when I clicked save a box came up stating that there over 265 persons using the database at this time. Which can't be possible since we only have 3 people in our office who use it only a daily basis. It was ...

can't save due to sharing violation #2
unable to save file. receive error message that says unable to save due to sharing violation, but no other file is open. "Jusal" wrote: > unable to save file. receive error message that says unable to save due to > sharing violation, but no other file is open. This happens to me all the time and I have no idea why. I'm the only one who is using this computer . . . no network, no other users. Yet for no obvious reason and somewhat randomly I get that condition message. It sure eats up a lot of time. I have to save the file under a different (temporary) na...

Automate creation of a table of hyperlinks?
I would like to create a simple spreadsheet consisting of a single column, where each entry is a hyperlink to a related image file (located in the same folder as the spreadsheet). It's easy, but laborious, to do the cells one at a time - either with the Hyperlink function or Insert Hyperlink. I can easily generate the list of text entries (just the image file names, to start) with a DOS DIR command to create an importable text file. But haven't been able to figure out how to convert these into Hyperlinks in one fell swoop! - Herb Herb You could try this macro from David McRi...

Making data span 2 columns
Hi, I'm new to this community and new to the RMS system. I am trying to modify the PrintTransactionDetails sub in the receipt.xml to be 2 columns and put the entry.description information onto another row. The person who writes the descriptions likes to be wordy and I need the entire 40 columns in order to hold the text. I changed the 3 columns into 2 with a format of 71% for the item number or description and 29% for the sales amount. The description and a null field occupy the first row and the item number and amount occupies the second row. I have the transaction d...

can i recover documents not recently saved after a crash?
computer just restarted itselt in the middle of doing a visio drawing. after restart it's not recovered anything! is it possible to get back? ...

How do you make a chart with right angles only?
I have a set of data with times and a bunch of 0's and 1's. For example, at 1:30 p.m., I have a 0....2:00 p.m., I have a 1...2:30 p.m. I have a 0, etc. I have my 0's and 1's set up on the vertical axis and the times along the horizontal axis. I want my chart to show horizontal and vertical lines ONLY. IE: I want a point at "0" at 1:30 p.m., then I want a horizontal line over to 2:00 p.m., and then I want a line going straight up to "1", and then I want a horizontal line over to 2:30 p.m., and then I want a vertical line straight down to "0&qu...

revised q on report from tables
Hi Would still love help on previous regarding 20 tables but in a panic. :( I have now ref all tables to 1 long list so as a quick fix: the col headings of the list are PC | Name | Rate | B | S |X | L1 In the report sheet I have a drop down list of the PC col. I would like to be able to select the PC and the report be filled with the following data only: | Name | Rate | B | S |X | L1 I have used vlookup and tried to hack an old code that can be copied down but it will only ever show the first record :(:( Sorry for being thick.. Cheers for all help and I ...

Need a "save & close" button directly on spreadsheet
I need a button which, when clicked, will do a "Save" and close the file, exactly as if you'd clicked "Save" in the File menu. The thing is, this needs to be a button directly on the spreadsheet, next to some other buttons I have on there that run macros, NOT a button on a toolbar. Is there a macro that will do this that I can connect to a button? Thanks, Ron M. Here you go: Sub SaveAndClose() ActiveWorkbook.Save ActiveWorkbook.Close End Sub ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Ron M." <rmorgan7@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:113...

RMS MS Access Link
I just figured out a way to more easily manage my database items... You can use a linked table in MS access to connect to the SQL server and. Then the table can be edited in a spreadsheet-like view. Generally, you create a new blank database in Access. Then click on Tables. Right click and create a new linked table. Go through the motions to select your SQL database server and select the dbo.Item table. For more detailed information, search google or go to: http://www.frontpagehowto.com/sqlaccess.htm Jason I did made connection with MS Access but had an error when I try to access or ...

GP BOM should be able to select variable BOM from date or range
I had a request from prospect to see if GP could allow their Mfg Mgrs to create a cutoff or date range from which to select different BOMs. For example: They wish to change ingredients used in a dietary supplement starting Tuesday. Work orders from Tues onward would use an alternate BOM. All work orders prior to Tuesday would used the original BOM. There are other similar scenarios. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the...

Query
can excell make a query?please help me Look in Excel's On-line Help for the topic "Importing data with Microsoft Query" rindra99 wrote: > can excell make a query?please help me -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Excel 2002: Can I save all files by just one click ?
Hi, I have 10 working files in an active window. There is no Save All button under the file menu. May I know if I can save all the files at one click without having to exit excel ? Thanks Low This delivers it in 2 clicks ... Hold down Shift key, click File > Close All Then click "Yes to All" in the ensuing prompt to save changes Success? Celebrate it, hit the YES below -- Max Singapore --- "Mr. Low" wrote: > I have 10 working files in an active window. > There is no Save All button under the file menu. > May I know if I c...

Is there a way to turn off the prompts of a make table query?
I merely want to update the table to be used as an export to Excel using TransferSpreadsheet. Each time it prompts for deleting old records and adding new records. Is there a was to turn off the prompts? Bottom line - I want to create an Macro to export the output of a query to an Excel spreadsheet. BobC, DoCmd.SetWarnings False 'Off Your TransferSpreadsheet line here DoCmd.SetWarnings True 'On -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "...

How do I remove the (blank) from an excel pivot table?
I am trying to create a pivot table from a liston an excel spreadsheet. Many of the items on the list will be blank. On the pivot table, the blank items show up as (blank) - I want the cell to be empty! I tried setting the table empty values but that doesn't work...any help would be greatly apprecated... If you click the small black triangle near the top of the Table, a menu will appear. Just clear the checkbox next to (blank) -- Gary''s Student "MarkfromAZ" wrote: > I am trying to create a pivot table from a liston an excel spreadsheet. Many > of the...

Making a template
Is there a way to create and save an e-mail template to be used when you want to send the same message to several people, but at different times. I thought one of the older versions had this capability, but I can't figure it out in Windows Live Mail 2009. Thank you. Open a new message window and create the message that will always be the same. You can enter addresses that will always be the same as well. Now, File | Save As and save it to the Desktop or elsewhere as a .eml file. When you want to use this prepared message, just click on the icon that you just created where...

Form Queries
I have a form [View Grievance Reports] with several reports set to run by a single macro [View Grievance Reports Macros]. The form [View Grievance Reports] has an unbounded list box that uses a table [Grievance Reports Table] as the row source type. The report based macro works perfectly. I’m now trying to adapt this form and macro to open a specific query when I either click or double click on the query listed on the form. I can get the Query based macro to work if I enter each query for click and double click. If a query is listed on the form and it is not entered in the macro the q...

you cant save a dying terminally ill dog
I say lets put vista to sleep to end its suffering On May 1, 12:01=A0pm, "Mr Baracuda" <barac...@slim.ws> wrote: > I say lets put vista to sleep to end its suffering ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= ---------------------- Go ahead and start without me. I'm perfectly happy with Vista. Bill >I'm perfectly happy with Vista. bill is your last name gates? "vista bill" <billsrrempire@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d8069c6a-8cb1-430f-ae91-ff132edb327c@o8g2000yqo.googlegroups.com... >...

If I closed an excel doc without saving can I get it back? thx
I opened up 2 version of excel and tried to close one, I forgot the other was opened and when I chose not to save it I lost my old one also. If there anyway I can get it back? I tried system restore but that was turned off also ;( Thx for any help! If that file was originally out on the drive, then you should be able to just open it up and have the pre-changes-made version of it available. However, if you were creating it from scratch and closed without saving it, then it is gone. System Restore would never help in a case like this - System Restore does not save user data; it is a...

List of where queries are used?
I have an access database which has many queries which are leftover from various tests and temporary data extract needs. Is there a tool which can tell me which queries are used in all reports, queries, macros, or modules in the database? Hi Joseph, You might want to take a look at the Total Access Analyzer (< http://www.fmsinc.com/MicrosoftAccess/BestPractices.html>). Or you can use Access's own Documenter. Run it on all the objects in Access with maximum reporting settings, and then export/save it to a file of some sort that can be searched (text, PDF, Wo...

Date calculations
I have a pre-given date and want to know the resulting date after adding a certain number of days in pre-given date. Mathematically it is like: pre-given date + days = resulting date Pregiven date is in one cell of a table on presentation and days and resultings date are in their own cells each. Thanx in anticipation EXCEL 2007 Cell A1:- 01/04/2010 Cell B1:- 10 Cell C1:- =(A1+B1) This gives the answer 11/04/2010 in cell C1. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "kharal" wrote: > I have a pre-given ...

Pivot Table -- Text??
I don't think this is possible, but thought I'd check to be sure. Can a pivot table display text values or must a pivot table do calculations and only display numbers?? I am basically trying to create a report from data I pulled from MS Project... I've got a resource name, a list of dates, and a list of projects. I'm looking for a solution to the cross tab report "who does what when." I want to create a pivot table that will display the dates as columns, and the resource names as rows... and then in the data section the project name. I want it to look somethin...

using a popup to make percenatges on selected cells
Hi I'm hoping someone can help with some code. I'm selecting a group of cells containing numbers. I want via a popup to change the selected numbers to the percentage entered in the popup. For example - I select my cells and run the macro. The popup asks for a number and I enter '50'. All the selected numbers then change to 50 percent of their previous value. It would apply equally to a selected whole column of numbers. Grateful for any help. Best Wishes hi Sub changenumber() Dim n As Double n = InputBox("enter a number") n = n / 100 ...

No Prompt when saving
When I have a spreadsheet on a network share, it does not prompt me to save when cloing the application? It will however when it is on my local machine. How do I make it always prompt? Ron ...

integration manager error: Scrolling window link table not on form
We've had this integration running for the last couple of years and today it stopped. I get this error: "DOC 1 ERROR: Scrolling window link table not on form." regardless of whether I run it on new or processed data. I think this causes the balance of the documents to fail. Here is the full log. Integration Log Integration: AR Sale Invoice Upload (ID: 41) Action: None Start Time: 8/16/2006 12:40:03 PM 8/16/2006 12:40:03 PM Source: IIntegrationEngine_Run, Status Code: 0 Opening source query... 8/16/2006 12:40:03 PM Source: IIntegrationEngine_Run, Status Code: 0 ...

Making a One Column Directory from Two Columns
I'm using Excel 2003. I have a 2 column list of chapter members' names in one column and their schools inthe other. There are over 1800 entries. I want to end up with a single column sorted by the schools, with the name of the school in a row, followed below by the names of the graduates in separate rows. then the next school, etc. Like Emery-Riddle University Jones, Frank Smith, Fred Franklin University Adams, Susan Baker, Sam Is there a formula that can do this or do I have some (a lot) manual formatting to do? Thanks, Dennis Let's see. It's going to sound more...