Make Table Query - Save Table as Date

I have a Macro and at the end of the Macro I have a Make Table Query
that I would like to automatically save as todays date in the current
database.  Does anybody have an idea on how I can do this?

0
dswiders

On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 11:40:24 -0700, dswiders@gmail.com wrote:

>I have a Macro and at the end of the Macro I have a Make Table Query
>that I would like to automatically save as todays date in the current
>database.  Does anybody have an idea on how I can do this?

A date is just a field value. Saving today's date as a Table is almost
certainly VERY bad design. Why do an expensive, awkward MakeTable query at
all? Store the day's data for all days in *one* table, with a date field
defaulting to Date(), and then use a Query to select the records pertaining to
a given day.

If I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to accomplish please explain!

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

Tracking Dates For Future Occurrences
Can this be done? I want to track a yearly review. I would like the date, once entered - say 6/1/2009, to conditionally format to change yellow 30 days before, then red 15 days before, and then to stay red until the date is updated again for say 6/1/2010. Can this be done? I am new to all this, thanks.. In 2007 Also.. "Knee2no" wrote: > Can this be done? I want to track a yearly review. I would like the date, > once entered - say 6/1/2009, to conditionally format to change yellow 30 days > before, then red 15 days before, and then to stay red until the date is...

parsing a date and time field #2

checkbox as query criteria
Hi, in an Access form i've put a combo box that has a query as data source. On this form I'd like to add a check box that, when it is selected, adds the "is not null" criteria on a query field. There is a simple way to do this? Thank you very much for help. -- Remigio www.sacraspina.it www.amicitosondoro.it www.icmonteodorisio.it www.parrocchiacupello.it www.cralnuovainiziativa.it www.associazionehistonium.it On Sat, 1 May 2010 05:55:14 -0700 (PDT), remigio <linoreale@gmail.com> wrote: Create two queries. Then switch between them based on your n...

I want year in one table to be less or equal year in another table
Hi I have some problems writing a query and I hope someone can help me. I have a database with serveal tables. In one table I have this information, Lake ID-number, treatment, year for treatment. In another table I have Lake ID-number, fish species (I am intrested in pike), year when pike is present. I want to find all lakes that have pike present before the treatment was done, I want the year in the second table to me less or equal the year in the first table. Is there a easy way to do this? Thanks Try something like this substituting your table and field names. S...

how do I change the table from which a form obtains data
I have a form that I have set up, but I would like to re-create it several times and change the table that each copy gets data from. EG Table 1 feeds Form A. I want to copy this form to create form B but it currently gets data from table 1, so I need to change it so that it now gets data from table 2. That's probably clear as mud but hopefully someone can help me! thanks Jo, If all the tables have exactly the same fields, you just need to change the Form's RecordSource. Copy the form to another name, and change the RecordSource table, or more usually, a query against the...

How to make a Add key disabled after adding one record unless
Hi, I have a form where I am adding records. There are two boxes where one has to put the lineitemnumber and another box where one has to put the description. Unless the above two boxes are filled in the Add command box need to be disabled. Now, the problem is after adding one record the Add button is enabled and I cannot disable it. I would appreciate any help to solve this. The error message is: The methos is not supported The following is the code: Private Sub cmdadd_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdadd_Click If (IsNull(Me.LineItemID) = True) Or (IsNull(Me.Description) = True) Then ...

"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possi
"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possibly because another user has a source table open in exclusive mode. your query will be opened in design view" what this message mean ,and how can i solve it Hi - Please provide more details as to what you are doing when you get the error, what your database setup is (i.e. split Fe/BE?, multiuser?, version? etc). Without more information, we can only guess. Thanks - John amr wrote: >"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possibly because >another user has a ...

Sumproduct with multiple date criteria
Having a tough time with this one. Sheet 1 Column A = Start Date, Column B = End Date, Column C = Quantity. Sheet 2 Row A = Start Date, Row B = End Date. I would like Row C to sum quantity from sheet 1 where ever the two date ranges intersect. The date ranges on sheet 2 represent the beginning and ending of a week (Mon-Sun). Sheet 1 Column A Column B Column C 01JAN2010 24JAN2010 1,000 Sheet 2 Row A 04JAN2010 11JAN2010 18JAN2010 25JAN2010 Row B 10JAN2010 17JAN2010 24JAN2010 31JAN2010 Row c 1,000 1,000 1,000 0 Do the Sheet 2 Star...

How do I make a chart with several times during a day
Hi, This seems like it may be a simple thing, yet I can not for the life of me figure out how to do this (or at least semi-easily with VBing it for a while). I have a simple table filled with the following information (example for simplicity): 12pm 5pm 10pm 11/20 5 4 7 11/21 5 4 7 11/23 5 4 7 11/24 5 4 7 11/25 5 4 7 So basically I am keeping track of a numeric value three times a day. I would like to make a chart of it with...

Publishing Layout and tables
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to copy and paste text from one cell of a table to another cell in the same table. The document is in Publishing Layout. The paste command deletes the text in the destination cell and then places a big empty text box on top of the table. I do dozens of these documents that are primarily tables and graphics. Previously I used Publisher on my old PC. Should I go back, or can this be done in Word for the mac? Hello, On 2010.01.29 8:44 AM, in article 59bb1ce2.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Toni_T@officefor...

help with dynamic tables

Querying multiple records in two tables

Converting date from an external source
I am having an issued with converting a date from external data source. the data has the timestamp in the general date form mm/dd/yyyy 00:00:00. I want to convert the date to mm/dd/yyyy format so when i run a query for a single day it will return the data for that date, I can currently return the data but i have to set the parameter in the mm/dd/yyyy 00:00:00 format, i want to simply return the data by setting the parameter in the mm/dd/yyyy format Don't confuse how data is stored with how it is presented. As long as you import the date into a field defined as a Date data type, you...

make outlook automatically delete html mail with linked images
The junk mail filter should be able to automatically delete html mail with linked images ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9e1b783b-c9c1-44f2-a1dd-93da59216c56&dg=microsoft.public.outloo...

Can I do this query in one step?
Suppose I have a talble like this, each record has a unique ID. All"A"s or "B", "C"s should have only x or y or z property attached. Iwant to find A, B or C which has more than one properties.1 A x ...2 A x ...3 A x ...4 A y ...5 B x6 B y7 C z....resutls would look like:A xA y....I think I can do this in two steps or with a subquery. Then I thoughtof self-join but didn't figure out how to use it in this case.Thanks a lot! SELECT DISTINCT and do not include the record ID perhaps? Or is the record ID vital?"muster" <muster@gmail.com> wrote in me...

Excel pivot table #2

Run series of query -- I don't want any pop-up
I have generated 4 queries (1. empty all, 2. import data, 3. generate information, 4. Make a new table) I've created a button to run these 4 quries sequencially. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Problem: MS ACCESS pops up "confirmation dialog" to ask me whether to delete/modify the table. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Question: I don't want any question to be asked. I just want those queries to be executed once i press my button. -------------------------------...

Save Outlook attachments to PC folder automatically
Hi All, I am an absolute newbie to Outlook programming who has been entrusted with the task of figuring out how to get Outlook to dump attachments to emails sent in by certain users to a specified folder on the PC without having to do it manually. I could not get Rules Wizard to do this. Any pointers on how to go about this is really appreciated. Thanks, Rahul Hi, I found the soluton at a website and leave the link for those who might be interested, http://www.outlookvba.com/examples/code/saveattachmentsimp ..htm Rahul >-----Original Message----- >Hi All, > >I am a...

Link to Page when saving to web
Hi, I have some drawings that have several shapes with "Go to page on double-click" behavior. How can I keep this functionality when saving as a web page? Thanks ...

Won't save office applications, appcrash
Help I cant save documents , excel etc in office 2007 on vista laptop. I have tried open office but this suffers the same problem. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling office but no change. see below for word report, in excel the fault module was given as PROPSYS.dll Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: WINWORD.EXE Application Version: 12.0.4518.1014 Application Timestamp: 45428028 Fault Module Name: unknown Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00000001 ...