lstBox Record Set won't change

With the code below I'm attempting to change the row source for lstRNnotesLU
(a list box) based on a value entered on the frmVisitNewEdit field called
ReasonForVisitTest. For some reason it is not working. Then record set is not
changed by the code. It continues to use the underlying query for the
rowsource rather than the rowsource based on the code below. Your help is
greatly appreciated. Thanks Rob
Dim T_Visit As String

        T_Visit = Nz(Forms!frmPtDemographicNew!frmVisitNewEdit.Form!.
ReasonForVisitTest, "")

            If T_Visit = "Ablation" Then

                Me.lstRNnotesLU.RowSource = "SELECT * FROM tblRNnotesLU " & _
                 "WHERE fldRNnotesCode = 'A'" & "ORDER BY [fld.order]"

          End If

RobUCSD

Try issuing a Requery:

Dim T_Visit As String

  T_Visit =
Nz(Forms!frmPtDemographicNew!frmVisitNewEdit.Form!ReasonForVisitTest, "")

  If T_Visit = "Ablation" Then
    Me.lstRNnotesLU.RowSource = "SELECT * FROM tblRNnotesLU " & _
      "WHERE fldRNnotesCode = 'A' ORDER BY [fld.order]"
    Me.lstRNnotesLU.Requery
  End If

(You were (still) missing the space between the WHERE clause and the ORDER
BY clause, so I changed your SQL slightly)

If that doesn't work, make sure that the code is actually running: sometimes
procedures get detached from their events.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"RobUCSD via AccessMonster.com" <u34500@uwe> wrote in message
> With the code below I'm attempting to change the row source for
> lstRNnotesLU
> (a list box) based on a value entered on the frmVisitNewEdit field called
> ReasonForVisitTest. For some reason it is not working. Then record set is
> not
> changed by the code. It continues to use the underlying query for the
> rowsource rather than the rowsource based on the code below. Your help is
> greatly appreciated. Thanks Rob
> ******************************************************************************************************************
> Dim T_Visit As String
>
>        T_Visit = Nz(Forms!frmPtDemographicNew!frmVisitNewEdit.Form!.
> ReasonForVisitTest, "")
>
>            If T_Visit = "Ablation" Then
>
>                Me.lstRNnotesLU.RowSource = "SELECT * FROM tblRNnotesLU " &
> _
>                 "WHERE fldRNnotesCode = 'A'" & "ORDER BY [fld.order]"
>
>          End If

Douglas
6/6/2007 2:09:31 PM
Thank You Doug, I think your right re: the code being detached from the
procedure as there is no change in the rowsource. How can I re-attach it?
Thanks, Rob

Douglas J. Steele wrote:
>Try issuing a Requery:
>
>Dim T_Visit As String
>
>  T_Visit =
>Nz(Forms!frmPtDemographicNew!frmVisitNewEdit.Form!ReasonForVisitTest, "")
>
>  If T_Visit = "Ablation" Then
>    Me.lstRNnotesLU.RowSource = "SELECT * FROM tblRNnotesLU " & _
>      "WHERE fldRNnotesCode = 'A' ORDER BY [fld.order]"
>    Me.lstRNnotesLU.Requery
>  End If
>
>(You were (still) missing the space between the WHERE clause and the ORDER
>BY clause, so I changed your SQL slightly)
>
>If that doesn't work, make sure that the code is actually running: sometimes
>procedures get detached from their events.
>
>> With the code below I'm attempting to change the row source for
>> lstRNnotesLU
>[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]
>>          End If

RobUCSD
6/6/2007 2:40:45 PM
Check my March, 2004 "Access Answers" column in Pinnacle Publication's
"Smart Access".

You can download the column (and sample database) for free at
http://www.accessmvp.com/djsteele/SmartAccess.html

--

> Thank You Doug, I think your right re: the code being detached from the
> procedure as there is no change in the rowsource. How can I re-attach it?
> Thanks, Rob
>
> Douglas J. Steele wrote:
>>Try issuing a Requery:
>>
>>Dim T_Visit As String
>>
>>  T_Visit =
>>Nz(Forms!frmPtDemographicNew!frmVisitNewEdit.Form!ReasonForVisitTest, "")
>>
>>  If T_Visit = "Ablation" Then
>>    Me.lstRNnotesLU.RowSource = "SELECT * FROM tblRNnotesLU " & _
>>      "WHERE fldRNnotesCode = 'A' ORDER BY [fld.order]"
>>    Me.lstRNnotesLU.Requery
>>  End If
>>
>>(You were (still) missing the space between the WHERE clause and the ORDER
>>BY clause, so I changed your SQL slightly)
>>
>>If that doesn't work, make sure that the code is actually running:
>>sometimes
>>procedures get detached from their events.
>>
>>> With the code below I'm attempting to change the row source for
>>> lstRNnotesLU
>>[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]
>>>          End If

Douglas
6/6/2007 3:29:48 PM
I've been trying to figure out what to do with the your article, but I just
don't have the skills.  I put the code into the current event and it still
did nothing, so now I don't think the procedure is detached from the code.
went back and tried it in earlier versions of the app with the same results.
I don't know if you can help me, but I sure need help. Rob

Douglas J. Steele wrote:
>Check my March, 2004 "Access Answers" column in Pinnacle Publication's
>"Smart Access".
>
>You can download the column (and sample database) for free at
>http://www.accessmvp.com/djsteele/SmartAccess.html
>
>> Thank You Doug, I think your right re: the code being detached from the
>> procedure as there is no change in the rowsource. How can I re-attach it?
>[quoted text clipped - 25 lines]

RobUCSD
6/6/2007 8:24:48 PM
You don't put the code anywhere in your code.

Import the module mdlFormEvents into your database.

Create a module along the lines of:

Sub FixEvents()
Dim strResults As String

    If CheckAllForms(strResults) = True Then
        MsgBox "No errors found"
    Else
        MsgBox strResults
    End If

End Sub

(add it to mdlFormEvents)

Go to the Immediate Window (Ctrl-G), type Run FixEvents, then hit Enter.

You'll get a message box open up, either saying "No errors found", or
listing what fixes it made.

You can then delete module mdlFormEvents if you want.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele
(no private e-mails, please)

> I've been trying to figure out what to do with the your article, but I
> just
> don't have the skills.  I put the code into the current event and it still
> did nothing, so now I don't think the procedure is detached from the code.
> went back and tried it in earlier versions of the app with the same
> results.
> I don't know if you can help me, but I sure need help. Rob
>
> Douglas J. Steele wrote:
>>Check my March, 2004 "Access Answers" column in Pinnacle Publication's
>>"Smart Access".
>>
>>You can download the column (and sample database) for free at
>>http://www.accessmvp.com/djsteele/SmartAccess.html
>>
>>> Thank You Doug, I think your right re: the code being detached from the
>>> procedure as there is no change in the rowsource. How can I re-attach
>>> it?
>>[quoted text clipped - 25 lines]

Douglas
6/6/2007 9:20:26 PM
Doug, I created a module from the Sub FixEvents code you posted, then I
placed the code in the mdlFormEvents and typed Run FixEvents and hit enter. I
get Compile Error: Ambiguos name detected:FixEvents.

In your note you said create a module from this code; Sub FixEvents()
Dim strResults As String

    If CheckAllForms(strResults) = True Then
       MsgBox "No errors found"
    Else
        MsgBox strResults
    End If

End Sub
I did create a module with this code called mdlFixEvents. I don't know how to
insert a module in a module. Thanks for your kidness and persistance. Rob
Douglas J. Steele wrote:

>You don't put the code anywhere in your code.
>
>Import the module mdlFormEvents into your database.
>
>Create a module along the lines of:
>
>Sub FixEvents()
>Dim strResults As String
>
>    If CheckAllForms(strResults) = True Then
>        MsgBox "No errors found"
>    Else
>        MsgBox strResults
>    End If
>
>End Sub
>
>(add it to mdlFormEvents)
>
>Go to the Immediate Window (Ctrl-G), type Run FixEvents, then hit Enter.
>
>You'll get a message box open up, either saying "No errors found", or
>listing what fixes it made.
>
>You can then delete module mdlFormEvents if you want.
>
>> I've been trying to figure out what to do with the your article, but I
>> just
>[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]

RobUCSD
6/6/2007 10:01:24 PM
Sorry: typo. I meant to say "Create a sub along the lines of..."

In other words, copy the following:

Sub djsFixEvents()
Dim strResults As String

    If CheckAllForms(strResults) = True Then
        MsgBox "No errors found"
    Else
        MsgBox strResults
    End If

End Sub

and paste it into mdlFormEvents (put it at the end of the module)

Note that I renamed the sub, since obviously you already have a sub named
FixEvents in your application. That means you need to type

Run djsFixEvents

in the immediate window.

--

> Doug, I created a module from the Sub FixEvents code you posted, then I
> placed the code in the mdlFormEvents and typed Run FixEvents and hit
> enter. I
> get Compile Error: Ambiguos name detected:FixEvents.
>
> In your note you said create a module from this code; > I did create a
> module with this code called mdlFixEvents. I don't know how to
> insert a module in a module. Thanks for your kidness and persistance. Rob
> Douglas J. Steele wrote:
>

>>You don't put the code anywhere in your code.
>>
>>Import the module mdlFormEvents into your database.
>>
>>Create a module along the lines of:
>>
>>Sub FixEvents()
>>Dim strResults As String
>>
>>    If CheckAllForms(strResults) = True Then
>>        MsgBox "No errors found"
>>    Else
>>        MsgBox strResults
>>    End If
>>
>>End Sub
>>
>>(add it to mdlFormEvents)
>>
>>Go to the Immediate Window (Ctrl-G), type Run FixEvents, then hit Enter.
>>
>>You'll get a message box open up, either saying "No errors found", or
>>listing what fixes it made.
>>
>>You can then delete module mdlFormEvents if you want.
>>
>>> I've been trying to figure out what to do with the your article, but I
>>> just
>>[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]

Douglas
6/6/2007 11:10:49 PM
I ran it and it came up "no errors were found".  I'm absolutely lost. Thanks
again for your help and patience. If you have any other suggestions I'd love
to hear them and try them. Rob

Douglas J. Steele wrote:
>Sorry: typo. I meant to say "Create a sub along the lines of..."
>
>In other words, copy the following:
>
>Sub djsFixEvents()
>Dim strResults As String
>
>    If CheckAllForms(strResults) = True Then
>        MsgBox "No errors found"
>    Else
>        MsgBox strResults
>    End If
>
>End Sub
>
>and paste it into mdlFormEvents (put it at the end of the module)
>
>Note that I renamed the sub, since obviously you already have a sub named
>FixEvents in your application. That means you need to type
>
>Run djsFixEvents
>
>in the immediate window.
>
>> Doug, I created a module from the Sub FixEvents code you posted, then I
>> placed the code in the mdlFormEvents and typed Run FixEvents and hit
>[quoted text clipped - 36 lines]

RobUCSD
6/7/2007 12:24:38 AM
Doug, I got it! It works correctly when I choos only one visit code criteria.
I just need help with the OR syntax. Here's what I've got:
**********************************************************************************************************************************
Dim T_Visit As String

        T_Visit = Nz(Forms!frmPtDemographicNew!frmVisitNewEdit.Form!.
fldVisitType, "")
                       If T_Visit = "2" Then
            Me.lstRNnotesLU.RowSource = "SELECT * FROM tblRNnotesLookUp " & _
            "WHERE fldRNnotesCode = 'D' OR = 'E' ORDER BY [fldRNnotesCode]"
            Me.lstRNnotesLU.Requery
 End If
If I take of the OR = 'E' part it works great. Probably another of my syntax
problems. Thanks for all your help Doug. Rob

Douglas J. Steele wrote:
>Sorry: typo. I meant to say "Create a sub along the lines of..."
>
>In other words, copy the following:
>
>Sub djsFixEvents()
>Dim strResults As String
>
>    If CheckAllForms(strResults) = True Then
>        MsgBox "No errors found"
>    Else
>        MsgBox strResults
>    End If
>
>End Sub
>
>and paste it into mdlFormEvents (put it at the end of the module)
>
>Note that I renamed the sub, since obviously you already have a sub named
>FixEvents in your application. That means you need to type
>
>Run djsFixEvents
>
>in the immediate window.
>
>> Doug, I created a module from the Sub FixEvents code you posted, then I
>> placed the code in the mdlFormEvents and typed Run FixEvents and hit
>[quoted text clipped - 36 lines]

RobUCSD
6/7/2007 2:22:42 AM
Doug, I got the thing to work exactly the way it is supposed to work. Oh man,
what a work out. Again, you are the best and I appreciate your help super
duper whole lot.
Rob

Dim T_Visit As String
        T_Visit = Nz(Forms!frmPtDemographicNew!frmVisitNewEdit.Form!.
fldVisitType, "")
            Debug.Print T_Visit
            If T_Visit = "2" Then
            Me.lstRNnotesLU.RowSource = "SELECT * FROM tblRNnotesLookUp " & _
            "WHERE fldRNnotesCode = 'D' OR fldRNnotesCode = 'E' ORDER BY
[fldorder]"
            Me.lstRNnotesLU.Requery
 End If

Douglas J. Steele wrote:
>Sorry: typo. I meant to say "Create a sub along the lines of..."
>
>In other words, copy the following:
>
>Sub djsFixEvents()
>Dim strResults As String
>
>    If CheckAllForms(strResults) = True Then
>        MsgBox "No errors found"
>    Else
>        MsgBox strResults
>    End If
>
>End Sub
>
>and paste it into mdlFormEvents (put it at the end of the module)
>
>Note that I renamed the sub, since obviously you already have a sub named
>FixEvents in your application. That means you need to type
>
>Run djsFixEvents
>
>in the immediate window.
>
>> Doug, I created a module from the Sub FixEvents code you posted, then I
>> placed the code in the mdlFormEvents and typed Run FixEvents and hit
>[quoted text clipped - 36 lines]

RobUCSD

How to delete or permantly change logo in personal settings
When I was just learnng how to do publisher I created a logo and Iwant to change it in the permanant settings for the personal information. I cannot delete it or edit it. Also on the other 3 settings for secondary, home etc. it does not alowany logo at all. Anyone know? Locate the following files and delete them: Primary Business - biz1logo.jsp Secondary Business - biz2logo.jsp Other Organization - Orglogo.jsp Home/Family - Perslogo.jsp -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ...

Report
I want to build (1) report and have my Record Source be one of three queries based on a selection in an option box on a form. Can I do this? If so, do you have any coding that might get me started? OR Do I need to create three reports and use each query as the record source? Thanks If you have Access 2003 + you can use Reports!MyReportName.RecordSource = "MyQuery" where MyQuery is the name of the query you wish to change to. I don't know if it works with earlier versions. Evi "NEWER USER" <NEWERUSER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C9AA...

Error msg ' no default mail client' ... even though Outlook is set as default
I have 7 PCs connected to SBS2003 server, all with Outlook 2003 ... Outlook 2003 on 5 of these work properly, on 2 other it does not ... Outlook itself seems to work, but the address book does not work the same as the other 5. If the destination address is typed in, the message will work ... on the other 5 only the first few letters need to be typed in and the remainder automatically fills in. I must be missing something in the configuratiion ... any clues about where to look would be appreciated. The following message occurs with every login: Title Bar : Microsoft Office Outlook Mes...

Change cell background color based on content that results from li
This could be very simple, but I will lay the groundwork first. I have a schedule spreadsheet that I import data to from a web based program. There are existing filters to remove all formatting of the data and remove that which we do not use. What remains is a non formatted sheet that other workbooks link to so we can produce daily sheets. Now the data that is linked on the other sheets may be for example the number 150. It appears throughout the sheet and I would like to color any cell that contains the number 150. The problem is I can't search for 150 because it reall...

Save a Copy/Overwrite changes dialog box
All of a sudden, this dialog box pops up every time I want to save something in Excel 2002. The box says, "The file '<file name>' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do? __ Save a Copy __ Overwrite changes even though I'm the only user that's changed anything in the past 3 years. The shared workbook command has not been changed at all, so that can't be the problem. The settings are the same as the ones I have at home for personal spreadsheets that don't have this dialog box. Help! Than...

Remove records from lookup
Not sure if this is possible but I would like to remove all records except the account records from the look up records dropdown menu of the appointment entity. The associated schema is regardingobjectid and the label is regarding. I see the other entities listed under relationships but there is no option to delete. Is there a way to create a new lookup and have it added to my appointment form? Thanks. There is no supported way to change this. The system is setup to allow you to set appointments that are related to specific records (Opportunities, Quotes, Cases, etc) and it will then ro...

How to change GAL from outlook
Hello I posted this to the other group but this might be more suitable: Background: I'm now connected to our domain example.local. Domain controller is W2K and has Exchange 2000 installed. I have Outlook 2002 on my XP pro. Address book and mails are working fine. Problem: I need change my Outlook to connect to other Exchange (let's call it E2) outside of our domain. I have managed to do that but Outlook shows global address book from my domain instead of E2. I don't need to use old exchange anymore but there are users that are still connected to the old one so I cannot...

Change the icon on Microsoft apps files?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA9CFE.DD0ACFE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can anyone tell me how to change the icon on a Microsoft file/shortcut = -- for example, an excel spreadsheet or MCE recording? ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA9CFE.DD0ACFE0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META con...

Rows and Columns Settings Problem
How do you set rows and columns in a way that when you scrol down/column you can always see a certain row(s)/column(s) -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out XL Help for "Freeze Panes" In article <JMorgan.1ad5vf@excelforum-nospam.com>, JMorgan <<JMorgan.1ad5vf@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > How do you set rows and columns in a way that when you scroll > down/column you can always see a certain row(s)/column(s). Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

how do i change or remove a signiture that is under outo text hea.
Someone please help i am using outlook 2003 and i am triyng to change a signiture that is under auto text. to get into it i open a message push insert then outo text then signiture. I want to change it. I have closed the untilted message gone to tools then options then mail format then signitures then remove all the signitures but the signiture under insert and outo text is still there See if this helps: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051860291033.aspx -- Bill R "nearly bald with frustration" <nearly bald with frustration@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Changing default address book from Global to Contacts
I would like to change the Outlook 2000 default of listing the Global Adress book from our internal network to opening our shared business contacts when you click the "To:" button when addressing a new email. Does anybody know how to accomplish this? Thank you in advance. Go to Tools > Options > Addressing Tab and choose which Contacts folder to show first. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Brad Streeeer" <brad@aerospecialties.com> wrote in message news:0b2501c3c3f4$f69d8220$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to change the Outlook 2000 default of listing &...

Getting back a deleted test frame after saving the changes
My son just deleted a text frame with all his work and started a new text frame and then when asked if he wanted to save his work he clicked yes. Is there any way to retrieve that missing text frame when it won't allow you to undo? On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 16:04:01 +0100, Denise wrote (in article <09056FDE-03FC-4988-8AB0-D1EA0896BFC7@microsoft.com>): > My son just deleted a text frame with all his work and started a new text > frame and then when asked if he wanted to save his work he clicked yes. Is > there any way to retrieve that missing text frame when it won't a...

ACCESS 2000 is deleting records
Just yesterday I converted an Access 97 database to Access 2000. Have a large problem I need help with. After converting the DB I "split it" in order to use it as a backend, same way it was in Access97. After converting the database to Access2k we began to have a problem with Access2k deleting records. it deleted a total of 4 out of 62 records. the records are not together ( record #289365 then 289048 then 289128 then 289178 then this morning 289405) these record are auto-numbered incerement of one. They were entered by different people so I know its not just an operator probl...

changing entry's quickly #4
I have aproximately 5000 entries for product codes. My problem is this: I need to get rid of the last two digits of each code quickly. For example: I need to change 0234600 to 02346 is there a simple wa to do this? It needs to be done in text format because of the zero a the start of each product. Thank -- cj2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cj21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2567 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39095 ...

How to change caption on 'apply' button in a CPropertySheet-derived class?
Hi, Does anyone know how to change the caption on the 'apply' button in a CPropertySheet-derived class? I derived a class CPlotSettingsDialog1. Here is it's OnCreate. int CPlotSettingsDialog1::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) { if (CPropertySheet::OnCreate(lpCreateStruct) == -1) return -1; CRect WindowRect; GetWindowRect(&WindowRect); WindowRect.bottom = WindowRect.bottom + 60; MoveWindow(&WindowRect); return 0; } all the code does is make the bottom of the property sheet a bit longer. It still has the 3 default buttons. I need to either re-caption t...

columns changed to numbers instead of letters?
I noticed my excel clumns have changed from letters to numbers and forumlas now look like =RC[-1]*R[-3]C[6] I was trying to make the R[-3]C[6] static (using the $) but it errors. Thanks Mike In Excel Options uncheck "R1C1 Reference Style" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 20:25:30 -0400, Mike <no_please@not.com> wrote: >I noticed my excel clumns have changed from letters to numbers and >forumlas now look like =RC[-1]*R[-3]C[6] >I was trying to make the R[-3]C[6] static (using the $) but it errors. >Thanks >Mike ...

send email when case notes change?
Hello, Is there any way to configure the workflow so that an email can be sent when the notes of a case have changed? Thanks, Shan McArthur - VP, Technology ADXSTUDIO Inc. | 200 - 1445 Park Street | Regina, SK Canada | S4N 4C5 Tel: 306.569.6502 | Toll-Free: 800.508.7811 ext. 502 | Fax: 306.569.8518 You cannot create a workflow for note. I think the only way to achive your goal is to write a custom PostUpdate callout for the Annotation (Note). You could check if the note is related to the entity of type "case" (objecttypecode) and only then send some custom e-mail. ...

number changes to date ... how do I change
I am trying to do an "age" range: 1-9 10-19 20-29 Instead I get September 9, 2004 or October 19 I can't figure out how to change it. Please help! Thank you! kk Format->Cells->Number Change the type to Text, and it should keep everything the way you want it. If you don't specify a type, Excel takes a guess based on what you enter. Hope that helps. -Bob --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

No PostUpdate callout when change owner?
I have craeted an audit function but I don't get any post update callouts when i change the owner of an entity alla other attributes works fine. How do i get post update callout for owner change? In the callout config file i use @all to track all attributes. // Mats Changing the owner generates a PostAssign post callout. Just as changing the state generates a PostState post callout. And deleting a record generates a PostDelete post callout. etc... (BTW, you can save a whole lot of time, and purchase an audit solution that will work for all CRM 3.0 entities, custom fields, and cu...

How to change ALL comma in a CEdit into double byte comma?
Hi, I use Visual C++ 4.2. I've got questions here: I have to change an application behavior here, there is a CEdit in the application which receive user input. The change I should make is : If there is a comma ( , ) character, I must change it into double-byte comma ( usually in Kanji / Japanese writing ) How to change those all comma characters to <space> character? Thank you very much. I would make sure the program is compiled to use Unicode. Then modify the strings to contain the characters you need before adding them to the edit controls (before call to SetWindowText()...

Changing icon for list item
Hi all, I would like to change the icon for the first column of the list control in report view. Right now, the method I used is remove the LVITEM at that location and reinsert at the exact same place with a different icon. I know this is not efficient compared to directly changing the icon. I had tried GetItem adn SetItem but even though i specified a different icon using the index into the imagelist, it still won't change. Could someone please enblighten me on this? thank you very much. Hallo Lonewolf! > I would like to change the icon for the first column of the list &...

Setting Up a Novel #2
I would like to write a book using Publisher 2002. How can I set this up to achieve optimum results in the shortest period of time? I need Table of Contents, Chapters, Page Numbers, Graphics, Formatting Styles, Headers, Footers, Glossary, Index, etc Is this the right application to use for this job? Thanks Barry Barry wrote: > I would like to write a book using Publisher 2002. How can I set this up to > achieve optimum results in the shortest period of time? I need Table of > Contents, Chapters, Page Numbers, Graphics, Formatting Styles, Headers, > Footers, Glossary, Inde...

Changing barcode type in RMS 1.3
Is there a way to change bar code type for all items all at once? After importing to RMS 1.3 from QS200 all items show bar code type "none" What is the best/standard type of bard codes to use. Thanks Hi Robert, You can run the SQL Query to update it what you like: Use SO Administrator Query option: Update Item Set Barcodeformat=2 The above no 2 means the 2nd barcode from the list of barcode. so if you want "codebar" you can put 4. Please rate this. "Robert" wrote: > Is there a way to change bar code type for all items all at once? > After imp...

changing the default type of searching in the find function
When I try to search something in Excel 2003 the default LOOK IN type is FORMULAS. How do I set VALUE as default? Saved from a previous post: Excel tries to help by remembering the last settings you used--except for the first search in that session. You can use that to your advantage. You could make a dummy workbook and put it in your xlStart folder. Have a macro in that workbook that does a find (and sets all the stuff the way you like). Then closes and gets out of the way. Option Explicit Sub auto_open() Worksheets("sheet1").Cells.Find What:="", After:=A...

Set receive connector back to its defaults
Hello all I need to set the receive connector on the hub transport role back to its defaults. I am running the command set-receiveconnector -identity (name of connector) -permissionsgroup (groupnames) i can only add in one group, how can i add multiple groups to the command? What i am trying to acomplish is i dont want my hub transport server to repsond to a SMTP session unless its from the Edge server. I have tried configuring the "receive mail from remote server with ip" i added in the ip of the edge server but that didnt seem to work, as i can open up a telnet session t...