Look up data from a table in a text box

Hello, I have a text box on a form and I would like data to be viewed from a
table. In the properties of the text box on the control source I place
=[Date Ran]![DT_TM_RAN]. I thought this would show the data in the DT_TM_RAN
field in the text box. But when I open the form it shows
#Name?
Can someone please direct me in the right direction to fix this issue. Thanks
for your time.

Jesse

I think the Dlookup function is what you want. Help on that function should
tell you exactly how to set that up for your situation.
--
Milton Purdy
ACCESS

"Jesse via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Hello, I have a text box on a form and I would like data to be viewed from a
> table. In the properties of the text box on the control source I place
> =[Date Ran]![DT_TM_RAN]. I thought this would show the data in the DT_TM_RAN
> field in the text box. But when I open the form it shows
> #Name?
> Can someone please direct me in the right direction to fix this issue. Thanks
> for your time.

> .

Data Synchronization Error #2
Errors occrred while going online that prevented some of the data from being synchronized... There are five records with errors... record unavailble and opportunity closed are the errors. The options are 1)stay offline and fix the changes or 2) go online and do not save the changes made to data offline. Is #2 refering to only those records with errors or all data entered while offline. ...

exporting/linking data from a row on one sheet into another sheet
I have a master sheet with all the sales information that my company tracks. I would like to create seperate sheets for each sales rep. I have all their initials listed under one column. Can I take each row and put the information onto another sheet based on what I put into the initials colum? exporting/linking data from a row on one sheet into another sheet Hi Clark see responses in Excel.worksheet.functions NG Frank Clark Haddock wrote: > I have a master sheet with all the sales information that > my company tracks. I would like to create seperate > sheets for each sa...

Subreports containing Pivot tables and charts
Hello, I have a main report that contains subreports. One of them has a pivot table and another has a pivot chart. When I try to export them to MS Word, the pivot table and chart don't show in the word document.... Any pointers to what could be the problem is very much appreciated... Thank you very much, Nora ...

Can I have a CRichEdit not select all text upon WM_SETFOCUS ?
Hy I have an CRichEdit derived class that implements a commands console. I would like the CRichEdit to stop selecting all text when I press Tab (because there is no other control in the dialog but a menu and the CRichEdit) and when some other pop-up window is opend by the parent dialog. Thank you "Timothy Madden" Romania "Timothy Madden" <batman@rmv.spam.home.ro> wrote in message news:3118d8F36ak0sU1@uni-berlin.de... > Hy > > I have an CRichEdit derived class that implements a commands console. > I would like the CRichEdit to stop selecting all text w...

problem with ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add for text file
I am using ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add in Excel 2003 to import space-delimited text into a worksheet. The import works, but when I re-execute the macro with ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add to import new data into the same sheet, all references to that sheet get shifted (i.e., what was a reference to cell B1 of the sheet with the imported data becomes a reference to cell C1. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks ...

excel pivot table with sql query and visual basic macros
I have a pivot table that runs off a sql query, it has macros and parameters built into the report. It worked until the client updated their server and db software. When debugging this, on the module under the closedb it stops here: Sub CloseDB() 'IF CONNECTION IS OPEN IT NEEDS TO BE CLOSED SO AN ERROR IS NOT THROWN If rsData.State = 1 Then rsData.Close Set rsData = Nothing End If cnData.Close Set cnData = Nothing Set Cmd = Nothing End Sub Thanks ...

Messages list missing in MFC ClassWizard dialogue box
I need to work on a old VC++ (rev 3?) project completed years ago. The project opens fine under VC++ 6, and it compiles/works fine, too Now, I open View->Classwizard..., and the Messagemaps tab. Select CMyNameApp for Class name, and CMyNameApp for Object ID, I can't see anything under the Messages list (where I see AddToRecentFilelist, DoMessgeBox, ...., in all my new VC++ projects) Anyway to bring them in? THanks! "Chen" <Chen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32FC4382-0964-4644-B4E8-98A9B2F1F99D@microsoft.com... >I need to work on a old VC++ ...

How can I pre-filter a table that is used in a query in a live dat
How can I pre-filter a table that is used in a query in a live database? I have about 47 queries (SQL text in a memo field in a table) that all reference a few tables in the same database. I would like to limit the table’s data instead of re-writing all the queries to include further criteria. The queries are very complex and it is not desirable to re-write the queries and use parameters. This database is live on an ASP.NET web page and there may be multiple people viewing the reports which are using these queries. Since there are multiple users I can not simply copy the tables into ...

Excel 97-remove link but keep data
Hi guys, I have a pre-existing excel 97 s/s which has links to other s/s's. I would like to keep the data only (like paste-special, values) and remove the linked reference from showing in the current s/s. Any ideas how to do this instead of me changing each linked reference? Thanks in advance! search for .xls or [ or ] to see if you can find the formulas that contain links to other workbooks. Van wrote: > > Hi guys, > > I have a pre-existing excel 97 s/s which has links to other s/s's. I would > like to keep the data only (like paste-special, values) and rem...

calculate null text field
Dear Helpers, I would like to creat a calculated field in a query that merch 3 text fields together, like, Index: [field A]&[field B]&[field C]. I don't want to replace the null field with anything so that if [field A] and [field B] are null and only [field C] contains data, the calculated [Index] field will look exactly like [field C]. Is it possible? I hope it is possible coz the Index field is a major field in my database. Thanks a lot to my helpers!! What happens if you type: [field A] & [field B] & [field C] into the Field row in query design, and choose A...

Printing string from string table inside for loop?
#define IDS_STR1 _T("Str1"); #define IDS_STR2 _T("Str2"); #define IDS_STR3 _T("Str3"); #define IDS_STR4 _T("Str4"); #define IDS_STR5 _T("Str5"); for(int i = 0; i < 5; i++) { ............................ ............................ } I am looking for the logic that can be used to print those strings inside the "for" loop. Any help is welcome. The #define's are put into place as part of the pre-compilation process, thats why they are also called pre-processor directive. So, you can not use a variable with a symbol defined ...

Using Excel 2000 as Data source for Word 2000 document
Problem using Mail Merge using Word 2000 & Excel 2000. After numerous problems - Word failed to connect to Data Souce file then it would & then it wouldn't and so on - reasons which are unknown! The 106 records in 19 fields from the Excel Data Source are only transferring the information for the first 104 records. I am looking to add further records but obviously need to overcome this problem. Hi Malcolm- Obvious, perhaps, but are you certain that the records are in consecutive rows & no vacant columns separating the fields of data? Does the data range contain any Merge...

add result column to pivot table
I have 2 columns in a pivot table - decription and amount. I need to calc a % of each value of the total. I don't know how to do that. Add another copy of the Amount field to the pivot table's data area. To display, the fields horizontally, drag the Data button, onto the cell that contains the word 'Total' -- there's a picture here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot02.html Right-click on the heading for the second Amount column Choose Field Settings Click the Options button Type a Name for the field, e.g. Percent Choose to 'Show Data as' % of column Cli...

Pivot Table Month Order
The month order as a column heading is in the correct order except that Sep is at the very end rather than after Aug. I'm new at working with pivot tables and have been unsuccessful in researching and correcting the problem. Thanks. The problem is you are using month names, which Excel, naturally sorts into alphabetical order. Your choices are: 1. Use month numbers -- at least they will sort properly. 2. Use the full date, which you can format to display just the month name. You the display that you want. and your results will be sorted properly. Regards, Fred &quo...

Outlook 2003 Font Changes When Replying Plain Text
Outlook 2003 is exhibiting a strange behavior when replying to plain text messages. After clicking the "Reply" button, the message appears in the Arial font. In about two to three minutes, the font suddenly changes to Courier which is the correct font. Why is it taking so long for the font to change? Steve Lockridge steve@websitewarehouse.com ...

How to group all data from 1 column into several columns (Redo)
I have 2 columns in my spreadsheet, Company Names and Event. The Event column values are Event 1, Event 2, Event 3, Event 4 and the company names repeat for each of the events that they attended. So sometimes I might have a company listed 4 times with each Event corresponding to it in the next column. How can I consolidate all of the company names so that there is 1 row for each company and all events are on the same row but in different columns marked with an x (the column labels will be Company name, Event 1, Event 2, Event 3, Event 4). This is what I have... Company Name...

import pdf table

Pivot Charts Display Filter Box
I would like to have the filter box displayed on my pivot chart. My 2003 pivot charts no longer display the drop down box, how do I get it back? ...

Many to Many Data Entry
Hi all, This is a doozy of a problem, using a form to join many to many fields, so thanks if you're up for checking it out! I have two tables that are linked with a many to many relationship using a third table. TblZones (with fields ZoneNo(primary key, autonumber), ZoneMo, Zone Description, CustNo, SiteNo, etc) TblDevices (with fields DeviceNo (primary key, autonumber), DeviceType, Location, CustNo, SiteNo, etc) TblDeviceZoning (With fields ID (primary key, autonumber), DeviceNo, and ZoneNo) A device may only be assigned to a zone that shares the same customer number...

Data sheet populating into multiple sheets
I'm looking to build a spreadsheet with one main page that can be populated with data and automatically pull that data over to other more specific sheets. For example, If I have sales on the main sheet and have check boxes for more specific sales on the same sheet (i.e. liquor sales, food sales etc..) I want that number to poulate on the specific sales sheet. I'm assumming I have to wite an IF/Then Statement to say if an "x" is put into a cell then copy and past the data in the specified cells within that row and pull that information over to sheet Y. One respon...

Overlay 4 years of data as a line on 4 years of columns for several x category labels
Dear Charting aficianados, The tutorial at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ClusterColAndLine.html is the closest example I can find to a charting conundrum I am facing, though what I am hoping to achieve is still a little different. I've made a mock up of what I'm hoping to achieve - though I have had to use drawing objects for the line series, to overlay on the columns - I'm sure there is a way to get excel to do this - do you think there is? (sheet named mock-up) A workbook with mocuk-up and my other charting attmempts can be found: http://www.savefile.com/files/2690840 T...

pivot table page field hidden items
Is there a vba code that can determine the "pivot table page field hidden items"? I tried the "visible" property for the page field items. It returned "True" only for the "CurrentPage" item and "False" for all the others. You could set each item as the current page. Those that are hidden will create an error, instead of becoming visible. For example: '======================== Sub PageItemsHidden() Dim pt As PivotTable Dim pf As PivotField Dim pi As PivotItem Dim piCurr As String Set pt = ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1) Set pf = pt.PivotFiel...

Drop down box with country list
I have an excel application where I need a drop down box with all the country' names listed, ready to use (like the Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control). Is there a way to get it and how? John -- john liem Enter the countries in a range (say column M) and then add a Data Validation (Data>Validation) and select the List option with a formula of say =M1:M100 or however many countries -- HTH Bob Phillips "john liem" <john.liem.1p8hhm@news.officefrustration.com> wrote in message news:john.liem.1p8hhm@news.officefrustration.com... > > I have an excel applic...

Extract Data fromLotus notes
Hi I am using an ADODB Recordset to open a Lotus Notes dataset, executing the following SQL string: stSQL = "SELECT OptionMR.ClientName, OptionMR.ClientID, OptionMR.Status FROM OptionMR OptionMR WHERE (OptionMR.ClientID='6911')" and can sucessfully return data, using the following loops: While rst.EOF = False For icols = 0 To rst.Fields.Count - 1 ActiveCell.Value = rst.Fields(icols).Value ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Range("A1").Select Next ' On Error Resume Next rst.MoveNext 'On Error GoT...

Tidying up Office Data Files
My Office Data files are in a mess. I have discovered that I have Outlook (approx 0.8GB) and Outlook1 (approx 0.8GB) Mailbox (32KB) and Archive (0.35GB). I created Archive some time ago but have not archived recently. I don't know why I have 2 Outlook files - possibly created when I transferred data to a new laptop a few weeks ago. I would like to re-combine everything into 1 file so that I can start again and set up a proper Archive system again. How can I do this without risking losing files or creating duplicates or triplicates. As you will note the files are very big! Any h...