Locking buttons

Hi everyone, this may or may not be possible but I'll ask the question anyway.
..

I have a form with two butttons; each opening a different report.  'Report 1'
button and 'Report 2' button.

I also have another form that displays a drop down list where half of the
list relates to 'Report 1' and the other half to 'Report 2'.  Is it possible
to make one button inactive if the criteria in the drop down  list have not
been selected in the other form?

Thanks for any input you may be able to give me,

Sam

SamMexico

SamMexico via AccessMonster.com wrote:
>I have a form with two butttons; each opening a different report.  'Report 1'
>button and 'Report 2' button.
>
>I also have another form that displays a drop down list where half of the
>list relates to 'Report 1' and the other half to 'Report 2'.  Is it possible
>to make one button inactive if the criteria in the drop down  list have not
>been selected in the other form?

It probably is possible.

The details depend on which form is open when the button or
combo box is used and, assuming the combo box selection is
made before a button is used, how the items in the combo box
are identified as related to report1 or report2.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

SamMexico wrote:
>Hi everyone, this may or may not be possible but I'll ask the question anyway.
>..
>
>I have a form with two butttons; each opening a different report.  'Report 1'
>button and 'Report 2' button.
>
>I also have another form that displays a drop down list where half of the
>list relates to 'Report 1' and the other half to 'Report 2'.  Is it possible
>to make one button inactive if the criteria in the drop down  list have not
>been selected in the other form?
>
>Thanks for any input you may be able to give me,
>
>Sam

nrgins

Command Button Enabled/Disabled
I have the following command buttons on my form; New, Save, Undo, Delete and First, Previous, Next and Last. I'm having problems trying to enable and disable the buttons. For example, If the form is not dirty, disable the Undo; enable the New; disable the Save. If the record is saved, disable the Save button, etc. Can someone point me somewhere to help me with this logic. Thanks in advance for your help! "PeterM" <PeterM@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:986DBB14-559B-49EA-8426-2BCACCBE3803@microsoft.com... > I have the followin...

Loosing CRM buttons in Outlook at the time
We are constantly loosing the CRM buttons in Outlook. Sometimes just going back in and checking the box under COM Add-ins works to bring them back, other times you have to do a Remove and Add to get them back, and sometimes when that doesn't work, we've had to uninstall and re-install. Needless to say, users are quite frustrated. Has anyone experienced this? Any solutions? Known Causes? Hi, How many Outlookprofiles are in use on one machine? -> only one profile is allowed, no synch against any pda!! Do you use gp, which forbide some changes in the regkey or any other COM-Addi...

How to lock a line put on a graph in excell
I am trying to attach a line to a graph with months on the X axis. When I add additional months I want the line to stay in between the original months, however, it always moves as the graph expands. Drawing objects cannot be linked to specific values of chart axes, unless you incorporate them as series in the chart. Try the techniques here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:336...

locking page layout but allowing data entry
I have a data sheet with merged cells, borders etc. I wish to allow data entry and mods including moving lines of data (control x) and pasting. At present this also removes merged cells and erases borders. Is there any way to create a locked format for a sheet which prevents users from changing cells, merges, borders etc, but still allows data to be moved without affecting the sheet; ie merged cells stay merged and drawn borders are not erased? Thank you for some expertise. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post use...

How to Modify Default Button for PropertySheet?
I'm trying to change the default button for a property sheet to a button I've added to the sheet. Currently I'm clearing the BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON flag in all the predefined buttons and setting it in my created button but OK still acts as the default when when ENTER key is presssed. Is IDOK hardcoded into Propery sheets as the default but not for CDialog? MyPropSheet::OnInitDialog() { ... . . GetDlgItem(IDOK)->ModifyStyle(BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON, 0); GetDlgItem(IDCANCEL)->ModifyStyle(BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON, 0); GetDlgItem(ID_APPLY_NOW)->ModifyStyle(BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON, 0); . ....

button to run macro
I am trying to have a button on my work sheet start a macro I recorded... I followed these directions in the help menu 1.. Click the button or graphic control so that sizing handles appear. 2.. With the graphic object selected, right-click a sizing handle of the button or graphic object to display the shortcut menu. 3.. On the shortcut menu, click Assign Macro. However, "assign Macro" is not among the choices in the shortcut menu.... I Have my security levels set to low, but can't seem to find the command needed. any help would be appreciated. D S Use the button from th...

GP locks up when trying to exit the application
Why does GP lock up when user attempts to exit the application? Any help to correct this issue would be appreciated. David, A customer of ours had a problem where the Great Plains application would not close completely on exiting. It turned out that the workstation had spyware installed which was preventing Great Plains from closing completely. Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants www.corpsoftware.com krood_no_spam@corp_nospam_software.com (813) 752-0755 (Main Office) (remove "_no_spam" and "_nospam_" to send direct e-mail) davidh wrote: > Why does GP l...

Enable Command Button base on UserName
I have a Command Button on a worksheet that I only want to display if a specified User Opens the workbook. I have the following code: (in a UserName module) ================= ' By Chris Rae, 14/6/99, 3/9/00. Option Explicit ' This is used by GetUserName() to find the current user's ' name from the API Declare Function Get_User_Name Lib "advapi32.dll" Alias _ "GetUserNameA" (ByVal lpBuffer As String, _ nSize As Long) As Long Function GetUserName() As String Dim lpBuff As String * 25 Dim txtName As String Get_U...

Glue/Lock cells to external data before refresh
I have a spreadsheet with a table of data which has been imported from an Access Database. If new records have been added on the database, then when I refresh the data in Excel it will add these new lines onto the spreadsheet. I need to be able to put certain comments in my spreadsheet against lines of data from the database. However, if new lines are inserted when I refresh the data, the comments can end up being next to the wrong record. Is there any way to keep my lines of comments attached to a particular record of external data, so they will move when the record does? ...

Currency Style button
When I click the Currency Style button on the Formatting toolbar my data is formatted as Accounting. Wouldn't it logically be formatted as Currency? I'm assuming that the Currency Style button actually refers to the type of currency (English dollar, British pound, etc.) rather than the type of formatting applied. However, doesn't the use of "Currency Style" on the button name imply that it will apply the Currency style formatting? Any thoughts on this? -- Anita It is what Redmond decides it is!?!?<g> However, you can change it to suit your own preferences. ...

Option Button #2
I have been asked to do a form in Excel and one portion of the form requires a simple Yes or No answer. The best way of doing this I thought was giving the person who will be completing the form an option button to select either Yes or No. (There are approx 6 questions requiring only Yes or No answers) I am not an expert in Excel at all and need some advise here... How do I put in the option button in for each question to be only yes or no and how can I assign a value of 1 to the Yes answers that will pull through to a summary sheet refelcting the answers given? Thanks Pieter Set t...

Locking a Text Box
Hi all, hope someone can help with a text box locking problem. I need to lock a text box on a switchboard so that it can not be deleted by someone else. I am designing a database for a friend's work but want my name and address in a text box as the designer on the switchboard to remain. I know that my friend will make changes and there is little I can do, but I don't want my name and phone number deleted from the switchboard. Is there anything that I can do. Thank you for any help you can give. Maurita Searcy I'm afraid there is no way to allow someone to change some aspects...

return to first button click event after another button click event
Hi, Is it possible to - after clicking a command button on a form and running some code to then exit that button click event and wait for a user to click another command button, this then returning code execution to the first command button click event at the point were it left from ? regards Trevor. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 05:31:08 GMT, "trevorC via AccessMonster.com" <u44860@uwe> wrote: >Hi, >Is it possible to - after clicking a command button on a form and running >some code to then exit that button...

Macro Buttons #2
i know how to create a macro button, my question is, how do i get that macro button to display on someone elses PC? i created the macro button in a worksheet then i sent that worksheet to a friend. the macro exists, but the button doesn't. any ideas? Thanks in Advance James You may want to attach the toolbar to the workbook. But if you do, read this first from Jan Karel Pieterse: http://google.com/groups?threadm=083701c3559b%246ce75e60%24a301280a%40phx.gbl James wrote: > > i know how to create a macro button, my question is, how do i get that macro > button to display on...

Multiple quotes for same job number using option buttons
Please forgive the repost - I've added additonal information and the original seems to have been forgotten. I don't think the subject was clear anyway. I have a main quote form with subforms for labor, parts and misc parts all tied to a job number with several calculations on the main form from each of the subforms. This works great as it is. Now users tell me they need to have ability to create optional quotes for same job number. Is it possible to have an option group on the form so that the first main default quote would be option 1 and then if user needs to create an...

Command Button Assignment
Some bit of configuration evidently changed in my Excel97 that I'm having difficulty tracking down. Up to now I've had it set up so that the control toolbox is displayed all the time in the tool bar. And when I'd click on the "Command Button" icon I could create a button on my spreadsheet and then Excel would ask me to assign a macro to it. All was well. Somehow the control toolbox disappeared from my toolbar today. Grumble, grumble... So I go into View>Toolbars>ControlToolbox and reselect it. The toolbox pops up in it's own little window that I've ne...

Button Label is invisable
I added a "SAVE RECORD" Button to a Form and the label is not visable on the button. The Property sheet says it is there. I have looked at all the properties and cannot find anything that might cause this. I would greatly appreciate some suggestions. -- Mel "Mel" <Mel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADF6552F-8E60-450A-8708-E621D8270633@microsoft.com... >I added a "SAVE RECORD" Button to a Form and the label is not visable on >the > button. The Property sheet says it is there. I have looked at all the > prop...

Custom buttons #2
hi, can i assign a commandbutton sub() to a custom button to sit in the toolbar? and how do i assign a vb macro to this custom button? and is there a way to change the look to the custom button to something apart from the smiley face? thanks Check out this article, Rick. Should help you a ton. http://www.officearticles.com/misc/methods_to_run_a_macro_in_microsoft_office_applications.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Rick, United Kingdom" <RickUnitedKingdom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BBF351B5-655C-40E7-AD50-A00477E0D930@microsoft.com....

How do you put an "&" sign on a button?
I need a button to say "O&M", but when I type it, the & sign turns into an underscore. How do I display the "&" sign as typed? Thank you! "Cathy" <Cathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:432DAE14-74DD-4DBD-9B2B-1BFF914A5214@microsoft.com... >I need a button to say "O&M", but when I type it, the & sign turns into an > underscore. How do I display the "&" sign as typed? Double up the &: O&&M When displayed, it will come out as a single ampersand. -- Dirk Gol...

Combine two cmd buttons onto one
I have two buttons on my form running these two macros "Private Sub cmdPrint_Job_Sheet_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdPrint_Job_Sheet_Click Dim stDocNameCustomer, stDocNameWorkshop As String stDocNameCustomer = "rpt_Single_Record_Customer" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocNameCustomer, acNormal stDocNameWorkshop = "rpt_Single_Record_Workshop" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocNameWorkshop, acNormal Exit_cmdPrint_Job_Sheet_Click: Exit Sub Err_cmdPrint_Job_Sheet_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_cmdPrint_Job_Sheet_Click End Sub" "Private ...

How to get "Paste Special" as a button on toolbar
Hello, Because I'm a big fan of "Paste Special", I want to have this function as a button on my toolbar. Is this possible? And if so, how do I do this? Thanks Retman Hi Retman Rightclick any toolbar. Choose "customize" from the menu that appear. Choose the tab "Commands" in the next dialog. Choose category "Edit". Scroll down to "Paste special" and drag-drop it onto a toolbar. HTH. Best wishes Harald "retman" <retman@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:D8415BC5-0A76-4BD1-8E27-EA35BBC74F64@microsoft.com... &...

Outlook 2000 slow and locks up
I've been using Outlook 2000 on Windows XP for some time. Recently, for no reason I can discern, it became excessively slow and / or locks up. It's slow to open up. Emails show right away in the preview pane but make take several minutes to open up if I click on them. Or the program may lock up when I try to open an email. Similar problems with trying to create a new email. I've tried the repair option in Outlook. I've installed all updates from Microsoft. I've uninstalled Outlook, removed pst files and reinstalled in fresh and it still behaves the same way. I'...

Can I use the 'Back' & 'Forward' navigation buttons on my mouse?
I plan on using a wireless mouse to control a presentation slideshow. I will leave the mouse pointer itself on the preview screen and may need to click there, so I would like to use the mouse's special web-navigation buttons ('Back' and 'Forward') to control the slideshow forward and backward. Is this possible, as it would seem a very simple and useful option given that so many mice and keyboards now feature these extra hardware keys/buttons? Of course I could use the scroll-wheel, but it's easy to overshoot... Thanks for any help, Andre Hi, Ye...

Machines locking up on RDC after KB956744 and KB969947
On random machines, we are getting a lockup when accessing through Remote Desktop Connection. Every time, if uninstalling the first one doesn't fix it, uninstalling the other one will. Sometimes it's one, sometimes it's the other. Most of our machines do not have this problem, but some do. Any idea why? KB969947 shows known issues that involve ATI and Nvidia graphics cards, Windows XP, and RDP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969947 " After you install this security update on a Windows XP-based computer that is using an NVIDIA or ATI-based video adapter, Remot...

'REFRESH' Button In Access 2007 Form
Hello, I am working on a database in Access 2007 partially to accomplish a goal, but also to get familiarity with the new version of Access (I have done quite a bit of work in the previous versions). Despite doing a lot of Access work, I am not much of a code burner though I can usually understand and cannibalize someone else's code. I haven't found specifically what I am looking for in some searches and thought someone here would be able to knock out what I am looking for in a few minutes where it would take me a lot longer to struggle through it. I have some unbound sub-forms all...