Locking buttons

Hi everyone, this may or may not be possible but I'll ask the question anyway.
..

I have a form with two butttons; each opening a different report.  'Report 1'
button and 'Report 2' button.

I also have another form that displays a drop down list where half of the
list relates to 'Report 1' and the other half to 'Report 2'.  Is it possible
to make one button inactive if the criteria in the drop down  list have not
been selected in the other form?

Thanks for any input you may be able to give me,

Sam

SamMexico

SamMexico via AccessMonster.com wrote:
>I have a form with two butttons; each opening a different report.  'Report 1'
>button and 'Report 2' button.
>
>I also have another form that displays a drop down list where half of the
>list relates to 'Report 1' and the other half to 'Report 2'.  Is it possible
>to make one button inactive if the criteria in the drop down  list have not
>been selected in the other form?

It probably is possible.

The details depend on which form is open when the button or
combo box is used and, assuming the combo box selection is
made before a button is used, how the items in the combo box
are identified as related to report1 or report2.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

SamMexico wrote:
>Hi everyone, this may or may not be possible but I'll ask the question anyway.
>..
>
>I have a form with two butttons; each opening a different report.  'Report 1'
>button and 'Report 2' button.
>
>I also have another form that displays a drop down list where half of the
>list relates to 'Report 1' and the other half to 'Report 2'.  Is it possible
>to make one button inactive if the criteria in the drop down  list have not
>been selected in the other form?
>
>Thanks for any input you may be able to give me,
>
>Sam

nrgins

Toggle buttons dont turn blue??
I made a database for a Home Based Care project in rural South Africa. Now that I am here I installed it onto their computer. Only to find that although everything works, the toggle buttons I used do not turn blue when they are activated on their computer. They do work, but they just dont turn blue. With computer skills as limited as they are here, it would be nice to have clear indications of the choices people make on their form. I use Windows Vista home basic with Access 2003. They have Windows XP with access 2003 from the same group installation as I use. Theirs is a deskto...

Option Button
I've got 5 questions set up in a form in Excel where I want to use the Option Button from the Forms menu. So I set up 5 separate groups so the buttons would behave independently within the groups. However, how do I get rid of the border and the text "Group XX"? I think you'll have to use a bit of VBA. Option Explicit Sub testme() ActiveSheet.GroupBoxes.Visible = False End Sub Change it to True to see them again--nicer for developing. == If you don't use macros, you can select your sheet, then hit alt-F11 (to get to the VBE) then hit ctrl-G (to see the immed...

Allow user to set and save a default option button.
Win 2000 Prof. SP4 Office 2000 Prof. I have an excel worksheet with 3 option buttons on it. The Excel file will be read-only and distributed to several users using stand alone laptops. By default the first option button is selected on open. That's how the file will be saved. I want different users to be able to change which option button will be selected when the Excel file opens so they don't have to click on a different option button every time if they always want an option selected other than option button 1. I want the Excel file to hold a user selected default for a startup opti...

Locking/Unlocking Forms
In 2003 you could lock and unlock a form by toggling on the gold lock in the forms toolbar. It doesn't seem to be as simple to do in 2007. Is there an easy way to lock and unlock a form? All the familiar functions are still available, however for ease of access to all the old forms commands you might consider http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm where you will find an add-in that puts them all on the Developer tab of the ribbon. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<...

xl97 Custom Built in Button greyed out
we have the office 97 suite loaded on a citrix server and published (not that that is the problem) But for some reason the built in button on the custom chart window is greyed out. The file XL8GALRY.XLS is there. I have sr1 and sr 2 applied. Am I missing something so obvious I'm going to smack my forehead.....again. John M wrote: > *we have the office 97 suite loaded on a citrix server and > published (not that that is the problem) But for some > reason the built in button on the custom chart window is > greyed out. The file XL8GALRY.XLS is there. I have sr1 > an...

button grayed out for Charting
I am trying to use the Chart Wizard or the Chart Toolbar to create a chart. However, both are greyed out. Any idea why or what I should do to fix this? thanks, Ron Usual suspects are protected workbook or worksheet. Shared workbook. rgraham1 wrote: > I am trying to use the Chart Wizard or the Chart Toolbar to create a chart. > However, both are greyed out. > > > > Any idea why or what I should do to fix this? > > thanks, > > Ron > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Thanks for the fast reply Andy. I've checked...

mouse locked
when I click on a cell it becomes locked. Moving the mouse highlights any other cell moved over. The only way to get out of excel once a cell is clicked is via the task manager. I have tried pressing F8 with no luck Try clicking the wheel on the mouse, if your mouse has a wheel. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "jl" <jl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F83B12EF-B403-4FDF-83F5-42546FD850E4@microsoft.com... > when I click on a cell it becomes locked. Moving the mouse > highlights...

Dynamic Button Name?
Hi everone, Can a button name be made dynamic? For example, you create a button and want its name be read from cell A1. So if A1 read "Mike", the button name automatically become "Mike" and so on. Thanks, Mike for a button from the Forms toolbar, you can use this event macro. Put it in the worksheet code module (right-click the worksheet tab and choose View Code") Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then _ Me.Buttons(1).Caption = Range("A1").Value ...

Locking A Sheet Using Words & Numbers
Before I got Office 2007 I was able to lock a spreadsheet using a word combined with numbers, i.e., locksheet123. Now I can't lock it using that formula I can only lock it using words, i.e., locksheet. If I try to put in the full words & numbers it allows me to do it in the first window, but when it asks for verification, in the second window, it tells me there's an error and I can't do it. -- Thanks, Mumsy This is a silly guess... I'm gonna guess that you made a typo -- either in the letters or numbers -- or even hit caps lock. I'd try it again ...

making a find button for client name
I am using a database designed with all client info and I need to be able to push a command button and it run a macro that will find part of a name (like last name). Has anyone done this before and can they tell me how to do it? That's built in to Access already, via their drop-down menu (FIND). Why do you want to reinvent the light bulb? "Dawn" wrote: > I am using a database designed with all client info and I need to be able to > push a command button and it run a macro that will find part of a name (like > last name). Has anyone done this before and can they ...

MS Word and Track in CRM button
Sometimes the buttons "Track in CRM" and "Regarding" appear in MS Word. Clicking the track-button causes a crash of MS Word. I like the possibility to track a word document in CRM from Word, but I'm sure this is not standard functionality. (-; What is the cause of this problem and how can it be solved? Any help appreciated. Delta-N B.V. This issue shows up when you are using Word as your email editor for Outlook. What is happening is that the CRM toolbar used for tracking email in CRM is also being displayed by Word. Clicking on this button in Word will not...

fire button.click() in HTML using VC
Friends, If I have got a IHTMLButtonElement instance(object) in IE's html document, how can I call this button's click() method to simulate mouse click action using VC++? Peter "peter" <myname@21cn.com> wrote in message news:%23IO2Aa2YDHA.2592@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Friends, > > If I have got a IHTMLButtonElement instance(object) in IE's html document, > how can I call this button's click() method to simulate mouse click action > using VC++? Not tested, but you could try QI'ing it for an IHTMLElement, and if it succeeds, calling the c...

Contacts Right Business Card Buttons wrong language
Hello, somehow my contacts have changed language in the buttons on the address cards, used to be western 123 then a, b, c etc, now it defaults to 123, a, 6, then symbols. Have uninstalled and reinstalled twice to no avail. I have checked the region and language areas and they are all fine. It is just annoying if anyone can help would be welcome. Thanks Michael ...

Delete button is grey
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C94B2C.0D4D6530 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I've got Outlook 2003. When I view my inbox or any other folder, I = cannot select a message and then click the red x to delete it. I have to = open the message and then delete it. Anyone have any idea how to fix this one? --=20 Thanks, Rob ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C94B2C.0D4D6530 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOC...

Creating button as cell
This may be a silly easy question, but im new to Excel so Id appreciat someone's help. I was wondering if its possible to create a butto such that the button is a cell itself. So that when you click th cell, it executes the macro assigned to the button. Also, the butto would need to keep the size and coordinates of the cell to which it i created into. If Im not being clear please let ,me know. Thank -- jpizzl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jpizzle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2392 View this thr...

Programmatically triggering a button click
I found this subject within the newsgroup, but it does no longer exists on the server, so I have to repeat the question: How do I programmatically trigger a button click? I tried this, and does not work... this->SendDlgItemMessage(IDC_BTN_EMAIL, BN_CLICKED, 0, (LPARAM)m_btnEmail.m_hWnd); This did no work either: ::SendMessage(this->m_hWnd, WM_COMMAND, BN_CLICKED, (LPARAM)m_btnEmail.m_hWnd); Thank you! Ricardo. Usually your button click starts a routine named OnBTN_EMAIL or some such and all you have to do is call that same routine. Ken "Ricardo Vazquez" <rvazquez@d...

custom pos button command
I wnat to make custom pos button for payout,shipping,payment,printer, clear customer, time clock. But I don't know the command for these. If anyone knows. can you help me? Thank you. Hi Nick - set custom button to INTERNAL COMMAND for time clock the syntax is ShowTimeClock for payout the syntax is PostPayout for clear customer the syntax is ClearCustomer the syntax must have the uppercase letters as shown. i don't think the others have variables you can use to set up custom buttons hope this helps "nick" wrote: > I wnat to make custom pos button for payout,ship...

Assigning a macro to a "button"
Hello, I have a big spreadsheet with a database and want to make the search feature (CNTRL F)user friendly by adding a "button" to enable this. Unfortunately when creating the macro you cannot stop recording unless you enter data into the search or either close it which obviously renders the "button" useless. I am not familiar with VBA and therefore must do so through the macro recording. Any ideas??? Yvon wrote > Hello, > > > I have a big spreadsheet with a database and want to make the search > feature (CNTRL F)user friendly by adding a "button...

Question on "rollover" type buttons (mfc/activex)
I've got a dialog box with an active-x toolbar. I'd like to have the type of buttons that have simply a bitmap with no border. When the mouse moves over the bitmap, the bitmap changes into a "selected" version of the bitmap. This is just like a "hover" button in html now that I think of it.. Also, are there any good books out there on developing these types of controls? Thanks, ~billy A simple owner-draw button that notices OnMouseEnter/OnMouseLeave events. joe On Mon, 10 May 2004 19:36:31 -0700, "billy" <billy_dev#@#cox#.#net> wrote: &g...

Template getting locked by xls
I'm using a template on a network and occasionally, one remote use seems to be locking the template. (template in use by xxx) Users all click on a template shortcut to open workbook based o template. Only one user has this happen. Any ideas? Ja -- jama ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jamaz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1663 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31994 Hi is this user doing something differently?. e.g. trying to open the template itself? -- Regards Fra...

Locking just by row
Hi everybody, I hope someone can help me. I have a spreadsheet with 100+ rows of this type of information. I want to be able to sort by any of the column types, but the rows need to keep their integrity. 1. UniqueID_A Name 9-Mar-04 7763 2. Unique ID_B Name 9-Mar-04 5496 3. UniqueID_A Name 16-Mar-04 4687 4. UniqueID_C Name 15-Mar-04 4621 5. InuqueID_F Name 12-May-04 642 Is it possible to lock just the rows, but to still be able to sort the workseet by uniqueID, date or count? Thanks, Susan Hi Susan prior to sorting select your entire data range and goto '...

'Refresh All' button for interactive spreadsheet not working in Web page
We are able to successfully publish a spreadsheet to the web, but the "Refresh All" button is grayed out. We are able to refresh while working with the spreadsheet in Excel. The data sources are three external text files, all residing on our website in the same folder as the spreaadsheet. What is keeping us from being able to refresh the data on the web? ...

Lock file for editing - Using Windows SDK
Using Windows SDK - Create File I am using CreateFile to open the file for Read/Writing. While I work on this file, this file should not be deleted by any other application like explorer. Provide some light?? >I am using CreateFile to open the file for Read/Writing. While I work on >this file, this file should not be deleted by any other application like >explorer. As long as you have the file open, it can't be deleted. Dave ...

"record not locked" Can't post Order Entry
I am trying to run the Post Module Transaction OE4800 I get "Record not locked processing OEwork.dat (1200)" This started when I was interupted doing this process from home on a dialup. Please help, thanks Ed ...

caps lock
When I turn the caps lock on or off when in outlook, whatever I type does not show up. How can I rectify this? Nothing shows up or only capital letters? Does it work if you use Shift? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM New Poll: What type of email account is your main accou...