Load image in a unbound control from a attachment field in recor

I have a unbound (single not continuious) form with 16 differant records from
the same recordset. No problem loading the this data from recordset in VBA.

PROBLEM I need to know how to load the unbound controls with Image's from an
attachment field in another recordset

The normal method of control = Rs!field does not work
Please advise
--
Thanks Tom

dans l'article 78DC5502-3A76-4562-AA20-736446AB1448@microsoft.com, Tom �
Tom@discussions.microsoft.com a �crit le 21/01/08 20:28�:

> I have a unbound (single not continuious) form with 16 differant records from
> the same recordset. No problem loading the this data from recordset in VBA.
>
> PROBLEM I need to know how to load the unbound controls with Image's from an
> attachment field in another recordset
>
> The normal method of control = Rs!field does not work
> Please advise

0
mallard
1/24/2008 2:01:21 PM
Where do I find the article?

--
Thanks Tom

"." wrote:

> dans l'article 78DC5502-3A76-4562-AA20-736446AB1448@microsoft.com, Tom à
> Tom@discussions.microsoft.com a écrit le 21/01/08 20:28 :
>
> > I have a unbound (single not continuious) form with 16 differant records from
> > the same recordset. No problem loading the this data from recordset in VBA.
> >
> > PROBLEM I need to know how to load the unbound controls with Image's from an
> > attachment field in another recordset
> >
> > The normal method of control = Rs!field does not work
> > Please advise

Excel data entry: choice of control for selection
I need to distribute a workbook as a data entry device that applies a few constriants. In column A I have a list of Names. In Column B a City needs to be selected from a limited list for each Name. The text below describes "nearly there" options I've explored; but I'd like opinion from experience. The objective is to be easy to for the user to work around, reliable for its purpose of constraining values, and ease of build and maintenance. 1. Is there a good way to replicate a Forms control (e.g., the listbox) down an Excel column, so that it both addresses the cell benea...

Exchange Server 2007 and Domain Controllers
Hello, Could someone please tell me if I have to install Exchange Server 2007 on a AD Domain Controller, or can it be installed on a member server? I have a Windows 2008 Server that is a member server in a Windows 2003 Active Directory network that I'm looking to install Exchange 2007 on. Also, could someone tell me if there are any articles out there that will help me install my Exchange 2007 in the same domain as an existing Exchange 2003 Server (running on Windows 2000 Server)? I'm looking to install the new Exchange 2007 as a new server (new name) and migrate th...

Using the SDK to update customized fields
The SDK provides references to the XSD schema that can be used for writing CREATE or UPDATE statements. How do you go about updating a custom field that you've added to an entity. Specifically, we add a field to the INCIDENT entity using the DEPLOYMENT manager etc. How can i create my XML - what's the tag that I need to use in order to update the custom field (call it testfield - CFStestfield) does the XSD get updated automatically? Is there anyway to do this?? Thanks. Nick Nick, All you need to do is add the appropriate element to the XML. In your example, it would be CFStestf...

Disable/Enable all controls on a form based on value of another control
What is the best to way to exclude a specific control (or controls) from the following condition? (e.g., I would like to exclude SubjectID and MRN from being Enabled or Disabled): ### Dim Ctl As Control On Error Resume Next If IsNull(Me.SubjectID) OR IsNull(Me.MRN) Then For Each Ctl In Me.Controls Ctl.Enabled = False Next Ctl Else For Each Ctl In Me.Controls Ctl.Enabled = True Next Ctl End If ### I'm using this to ensure that the user enters the SubjectID and MRN *before* entering more data for the subject. By disabling all the...

Calculated field IM
Hi I am writing an integration to bring in Receivables Transaction in GP V9 I would like to be able to have a script attached to the Amount field to add 2 fields on my source file to get the value for the Amount. Don't seem to get the syntax correct - can anyone help? thanks Jean In the field script, you can use something like this: CurrentField = SourceFields("SOURCE.FIELD1") + SourceFields("SOURCE.FIELD2") Where SOURCE is the name of the data source, and FIELDx is the name of the field in the data source. You don't need SOURCE if you only have 1 data sour...

Controlling Spell Checker
Is there way to have control over the MS-Access spell checking (besides just launching it)? We want to tell it to check all records, but skip certain fields (or, alternatively, ONLY check certain fields). Is that possible? Alternatively, if that's not, we noticed that the spell checker skips fields that are disabled. So one could disable the fields to be skipped; run the spell checker; and then re-enable those fields when done. But how would one know when it's done. Any ideas/suggestions/hints/etc.? Thanks, Neil Hi Neil, > Is there way to have control over the MS-Acces...

How can we make a control in a form to a required field
Hello, My form is based on a query which consists of 3 tables: 1. Inovices 2.Supplier 3.Projects There is a tendency save the record without filling in the supplier number and when they want to update the record they can not see anymore the record. Wht is the VBA in the controls/field of the form that supplier number and project number are compulsory meaning they can not save the record if they leave thses 2 fields missing Thanks in advance -- H. Frank Situmorang Frank, Don't go about this in VBA. Put the restrictions in the table design by setting the field properties to requi...

Allen Browne's Calendar Control
I am attempting to use Allen Browne's calendar control located at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-51.html But I am getting the following error when I click on the calendar button: "Compile error: Can't find project or library" The Yellow debug arrow points to the following lines of code: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) On Error GoTo Form_Open_Err 'Initialize to the existing date, or today if null. If IsDate(gtxtCalTarget) Then Me.txtDate = gtxtCalTarget.Value Else Me.txtDate = Date End If With "Date" after the equals ...

I have 5,00 images that need renamed to part numbers
I have 5,000 images I have to change to current name to a part # found on an excel spreadsheet. How do I change the actual name (not one at a time) but globally with these part #'s? On 2/1/10 4:01 PM, Elizabeth wrote: > I have 5,000 images I have to change to current name to a part # found on an > excel spreadsheet. How do I change the actual name (not one at a time) but > globally with these part #'s? This seems like something that you could do with VBA as long as there is a way to identify the new name from the old name (is the old name listed in the Excel ...

Aligning controls at runtime
Hi , I have a form designer. The user can drag drop controls on the form. I need to work on a feature where a user can align the controls placed on the form. All of this is at runtime. Can someone help me in this regard? Thanx in advance. Sandy. Sandy wrote: > Hi , > > I have a form designer. The user can drag drop controls on the form. I > need to work on a feature where a user can align the controls placed on > the form. All of this is at runtime. Can someone help me in this > regard? > > Thanx in advance. > Sandy. > Every control is a CWnd. Its current...

Display Date from Unbound Field in Form in a Query
Just had an issue that in 10 years of using Access never saw - just wondering if I just never encountered it or what... I have a form running a query, the user enters a date. The report needs to show the date - so the query has a field like this: report date: [Forms!]![frm_report]![txtReportDate] I had a problem exporting to Excel - seems the direct placement in the query led to characters that Excel could not understand. I actually had another date field from the form that I did a date add on, it worked fine. I eventaully put the form reference in a Format, the issue was gone. The...

saving multiple emails with attachments in Outlook 2003
Hi, I want to be able to save multiple email messages along with their attachments. Into a folder on my computer. I know that I can select the email, and then go to the File -> Save As.. and save the email with its attachment as type outlook message (.msg) to do the job for a single email. Is there a way to do this quickly for many emails all at once? When you're dealing with 100+ emails doing it that way just takes way too long. Thanks! The easiest way to save multiple email messages is to create a new Personal Folder (called a .pst file) and move the messages into that f...

When Load Form
I would like for my textbox to update when my form loads. I tried the following code, but my textbox just stays blank. Private Sub Form_Load() Text0.Text = "hello" End Sub Any ideas? On Jul 4, 10:51 pm, "Tim McGavin" <n...@gsw-inc.com> wrote: > I would like for my textbox to update when my form loads. > > I tried the following code, but my textbox just stays blank. > > Private Sub Form_Load() > Text0.Text = "hello" > End Sub > > Any ideas? Try this Text0.Value = "hello" On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 23:51:25 -0500, "...

"Operation Failed' while opening attachments in outlook
When the users try to open email attachments using Outlook 2000, an error message appears as "Operation Failed". Users can send and receive messages without attachments. Even when users forward some message with attachment, same error appears. Exchange 5.5 Enterprise and outlook 2000 are the Email server and client s/w. This could be an indication of "logicalcorruption" of the private information store database. You can run isinteg-fix -pri -test alltests until you get 0 warnings 0 errors 0 fixes. This usually means two runs and the IS needs to be down for this to...

Lookup field for Current User
Hello, I am needing to write some javascript (for onload) that will lookup the current logged on user, then pull a couple fields from that users entity to populate part of a http string used for an IFrame. I already have the javascript setup for the IFrame and it is working, I just need to make it dynamic depending on who is logging in. Thanks in advance for the help. Respectfully, Chris Where is your code running? As part of the CRM web (below the /isv folder)? If yes and if it is an ASP.NET application, you can use the SDK assemblies to impersonate and get to all information you ...

Add new fields to a form
Access Newbie here. I created a simple little Contacts database and emailed it to my data entry person who is in another city. She has already entered quite a few records. Now I would like to add a couple of new fields to the form. Whats the best way to do that? Is it possible for me to email her the new form and she can import it into her database? James The database should be split into a front-end (containing the queries, forms, reports, macros and modules), linked to a back-end (containing the tables and relationships). In that way, anytime you need to make an application ch...

looping through controls
If the user checks selects 'Yes' from a combo box, I'd like to enable a group of check boxes (all have tag property "col"). If the user selects 'No', I'd like to disable them but, if any are checked, tell the user data will be deleted and then set the checkboxes = Null (assuming the user says okay). My current code triggers the prompt for *each* check box that's checked, rather then looping through them automatically. Do I need to another "For each ..." clause after the first Else statement? ### Private Sub cboColor_AfterUpdate() ...

Split Field
I have in a field lastname,firstname I want to split this field into to fields lastname and firstname. Please help Binder Select the data and use Data/Text to Columns with a comma delimiter. Andy. "Binder" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B36B0140-4291-4E32-B1AF-07C3DC82BD27@microsoft.com... > I have in a field lastname,firstname I want to split this field into to fields lastname and firstname. Please help ...

Handle Attachment
Hi, Getdecodedcontentstream() and Getencodedcontentstream() are the functions of IBodyPart interface of CDO.Interop assembly which returns stream corresponding to the attachment. Is there any functions in Microsoft Outlook 11.0 object library correspponding to the Getdecodedcontentstream() and Getencodedcontentstream() functions of CDO library which will return the stream for the attachment ?? Regards - Atul Sureka No. To work with attachments in the Outlook object model, you need to = use Attachment.SaveAsFile to save it as a system file.=20 FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically...

Attachment Problems
I have an Exchange 2000 Standard box. Been running perfect for about 3 years, latest service pack. We made a single change, with new software, we cannot use Word as the email editor. Since that time, when my users send emails with attachments, some external clients cannot open the attachments. Any suggestions? I'm stumped on this one. Update: It would appear that if the receiver is running off of Lotus Notes or Novel Groupwise, the attachments don't get through correctly. "Scott" wrote: > I have an Exchange 2000 Standard box. Been running perfect for abo...

delegate Control #3
I would like to rollout delegate control over our domain could any poin tme to a good website that explains what each custom control does? Many Thanks Will ...

Changing Format of Access Field via Query?
HI all, Here is what i have, two Oracle tables across multiple schemas that I cannot change the actual format in the table. One table has the field = Text The other table has the field = Number/Decimal/10 Precision I need to link these two together to run some data and currently I have been making a temp table and changing the TEXT one to a NUMBER but am wondering if there is a way to change the Format of the TEXT one to a Number in a query which would save me from having to always be making a TEMP TABLE. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.. Aaron Try using an aliased column lik...

Multicompany Smartlist Using Extender Fields
I am trying to create a Multicompany Smartlist based on additional fields I added using Extender. I can get it to work for one company but I can not get data for both company's to show on the one smartlist. Any suggestions? Thanks, Laura Laura, Not sure what you've tried, but one approach would be to create a SQL view and use it in SmartList Builder. Here is an example: http://victoriayudin.com/2008/11/08/sql-view-to-show-open-ap-invoices-from-multiple-companies-in-gp/. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/g...

Image size in Publisher 2000
I recently upgraded from Publisher 98 to 2000. Newsletters with photos in are now a ridiculous size and become even bigger when converted to pdf. Too large to email. When the photos are deleted the file size reduces. Did not have this problem with Publisher 98 and am my wits end. Am running Windows 98SE. What have I done as I have never had this problem before? Ann G Hi Ann, Microsoft Publisher files are abnormally large: http://www.mvps.org/publisher/section_01.html This is quite normal, as Publisher converts all bitmapped image formats to uncompressed bitmaps when you insert...

Change of bacground color in a Static Control
I wrote a dialog based application that changed the background color of a static control in the OnCtlColor () function. It worked in widows 98. Now that I upgrade my system to Windows XP, the background color of this static control disapeared. I can not understand why. Can someone answer that ? Thank you in advance. Rony jgfjfhg >-----Original Message----- >I wrote a dialog based application that changed the >background color of a static control in the OnCtlColor () >function. It worked in widows 98. Now that I upgrade my >system to Windows XP, the background color ...