Listbox remains highlighted but not desired behavior

Hi,

I hope this makes sense to some one here.

I have three list boxes on a form. lstReportName, lstTime and lstBatch. A
click event shows the next box and allows you to choose.
Let's say you click on Report1, that shows lstTime and you click 6AM. But
before you run it you change you mind and decide you want Report2, you click
that and you see 6AM and 11AM but the 6AM is still highlighted. I want them
to be un-highlighted once you've made another choice as it was in the
beginning.

How can I stop this behavior?

Thanks in advance.

0
OMS

"OMS" <ooigooee@dreamskillet.com.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I hope this makes sense to some one here.
>
> I have three list boxes on a form. lstReportName, lstTime and lstBatch. A
> click event shows the next box and allows you to choose.
> Let's say you click on Report1, that shows lstTime and you click 6AM. But
> before you run it you change you mind and decide you want Report2, you
> click that and you see 6AM and 11AM but the 6AM is still highlighted. I
> want them to be un-highlighted once you've made another choice as it was
> in the beginning.
>
> How can I stop this behavior?
>
> Thanks in advance.

In the Click event of lstReportName, "clear" the lstTime listbox:

    lstTime = Null

Carl Rapson

0
Carl
5/17/2007 10:23:52 PM
Thanks Carl. Worked perfectly.

Sean
"Carl Rapson" <mr.mxyzptlk@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message
> "OMS" <ooigooee@dreamskillet.com.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I hope this makes sense to some one here.
>>
>> I have three list boxes on a form. lstReportName, lstTime and lstBatch. A
>> click event shows the next box and allows you to choose.
>> Let's say you click on Report1, that shows lstTime and you click 6AM. But
>> before you run it you change you mind and decide you want Report2, you
>> click that and you see 6AM and 11AM but the 6AM is still highlighted. I
>> want them to be un-highlighted once you've made another choice as it was
>> in the beginning.
>>
>> How can I stop this behavior?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>

> In the Click event of lstReportName, "clear" the lstTime listbox:
>
>    lstTime = Null
>
> Carl Rapson

0
OMS

ListBox (maybe?) ... If so, how?
Excel 2000 ... Earlier today I saw a spread sheet that had what appeared to be a Filter Switch in a Cell. When cell with switch selected ... switch listed 2 values to choose from (Y or N) ... In addition, as different cells (requiring same Y or N value) were selected the switch moved to selected cell. Above said ... how is this all accomplished as I wish to replicate this capability on another spread sheet? Thanks ... Kha Ken, What you describe sounds like Data Validation. Check out "Designate valid cell entries" in Excel Help. David "Ken" <anonymous@discu...

Listbox selection, unselected when opening Internet Explorer (NO S
Hi TWIMC, Yes I know it's a very odd questions but I have a list box on a form in Access 2002 and when the form is opened the list box is populated with worksheet names from a selected default workbook. When I select the worksheets names that I want to update, (usually all of them), the selection shows all items selected, now when I open up a new session of Internet Explorer (version 6.0,2900,2180 and no I can't upgrade any software, it's on a work machine.) the list box is updated (but doesn't trigger the afterupdate event, odd!) and no items are selected. I've eve...

Print desired page of plain text format message in Ms.Outlook 200.
Dear all, Please kindly teach me how to print a desired page of plain text format message in Microsoft Oulook 2003. Also how to convert such message into HTML format. Your support for the above would be appreciated. Best regards. trung vuong quoc <trungvuongquoc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Please kindly teach me how to print a desired page of plain text > format message in Microsoft Oulook 2003. You can't. You must convert it to HTML first. > Also how to convert such message into HTML format. Open the message, click Edit>Edit Message, then click Format&g...

OL2003 highlighted text is not replaced
I've just started using Office 2003 with Outlook using Word as my email editor. When I highlight text and try to type over it, it is not replaced but reappears after the new text I type. Is there a setting I've missed? It was simpler than I thought. Tools\Options\Edit tab "typing replaces selection. Now why would the new Word default to the unchecked selection?! I can't think of a reason I would want to block text just to type in front of it. Ridiculous. ...

? Embedding [ListBox/Edit] Controls in a List Control
Hi, I need a way of putting List/Combo boxes as well as edit controls in a CListCtrl. I do not need them all to be visible at the same time, rather, I need the list control to display regular text in all the cells normally, but when an item is selected to show the listbox/edit control in the cell. I've looked around for a good implementation but cannot find any really good ones; the best one was XListCtrl on CodeProject, but that does manual drawing of the listbox which is not the best thing, and it does not support edit controls. Does anyone know what the best-fastest, mos...

highlighting word 2003
I am trying to add numbers to tables and it keeps highlighting them even tho highlighting is on "none" this is really annoying help!! Tools>Options>View (I think) and set Field Shading to Never or When selected. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "gg" <gg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E466EBC6-14B2-400F-AA1E-B62A772CF339@microsoft.com... >I am trying to add numbers to tables and it keeps highlighting them...

5.5 Messages remain in Outbox
The Exchange 5.5 Server was rebuilt on New Years Eve. Internal messages send and receive. External messages remain in Outlook Outbox. Is there something missing re: Connections? ted tdjudice@hotmail.com "Ted" <tdjudice@hotmail.com> wrote: >The Exchange 5.5 Server was rebuilt on New Years Eve. >Internal messages send and receive. >External messages remain in Outlook Outbox. > >Is there something missing re: Connections? Verify that the MTA service is running. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq....

VBA listbox
Does anyone know how I can highlight the last selection of a list box when the form initializes? I made a 4 item listbox with a For Next (i) loop that reads the items from a range in Sheet2. When an item is selected I put it in another cell on Sheet2 that will be read into a text file for later use. I want that last selection to be highlighted the next time I run the form so the user knows which item was selected the last time. Any ideas on how to do it? Thanks. Fred. Hello Frederick Depending on whether you wish to keep this value even after closing your workbook, here is some way t...

Listbox contents do not show..
Hi (Access 2003..), I have an unbound listbox I use to get some info from a user (by merely selecting a row). The listbox, and its contents show properly. There's an "after update" event for this box where I gather and analysze some info, such as the row number and the content of various columns. So far so good. I've recently added some code that sometimes issues a warning message (based on circumstances). This is done as a msgbox with some verbage and which simply contains an OK button. The problem is that when the msgbox appears on the screen, the entire content...

Transferring the remaining amount of the last month to the next mo
Dear All, I would like to know how can I transfer the previous month savings to the next month in order to spend from them. Appreciate your reply. Regards, Ashraf Are you talking about savings in the Budget area of Money? If so, what sort of budget do you have? "Ashraf Arafeh" wrote: > Dear All, > > I would like to know how can I transfer the previous month savings to the > next month in order to spend from them. > > Appreciate your reply. > > Regards, > Ashraf ...

Access 2007 Run-time Error 2467 when accessing a listbox value on a sub form
I have a database that has been in production on Access 2003 for quite some time and has run without errors. A user's machine was recently upgraded to Access 2007 and now the database throughs a Run-time Error 2467 "The Expression you entered referes to an object that is closed or does not exist" on the following line that references a listbox value on a sub form. If Nz(Me.sfrm_Consultant_Contract_Request.Form.Cmb_Consultant.Value) = "" Then .. .. .. I changed the code to If Nz(Forms! frm_Main.sfrm_Consultant_Contract_Request.Form.Cmb_Consultant.Value) = ""...

Using SMTPMD to change behavior of SMTPSVC
I am using Exchange 2003, it is my understanding that it use UDP protocol first then if that doesn't work it will use TCP protocol. What is the correct procedure to change this behavior to only use TCP protocol. I have the following: (Is this correct) SMTPMD set -path smtpsvc -value 0 -dtype 1 -utype 1 -prop 36997 When using this tool will I need to stop/restart the SMTP service? There are no technet article explaining how to do this. Thanks, Eric Sabo NT Administrator If I am correct you first have to stop all the IIS services, make the change with smtpmd and then start IIS ...

Programatically sort and highlight
I have a worksheet of data that is dumped from our ERP system. It will have cells that look blank but actually have "spaces" in them, alot of cells look like this. The structure is as follows. Columns A B C D 9 H 12/1/09 2.00 9 H 12/1/08 3.00 9 H 10/1/09 4.00 9 U 11/1/09 5.00 9 U 2/1/09 6.00 Total for What I think I want to do is search for the words "Total for" which will then give me the very last line of data. Then within this range from 1 - to the row that contains "Total For" I want to look at each cell in column C and if the date is ove...

Attachments and messages remain open.
I have one user experiencing this problem in Outlook 07 Sp1. She'll open an attachment or an Outlook mail Message saved on the network -- and the first time she opens it, it'll open fine. Then she closes it by clicking the 'X', and it's no longer visible. However, then if she tries to open it again, forward the message, or anyone else tries to open the file on the network -- it claims that she still has the file open. Any thoughts on the issue causing this? Thanks ...

ListBox 04-06-10
Hi I like to try and get help on this again I know the problem my lack of computer experience means that I only explain in the terms I understand which is often not the correct terminology which is no help to you experts to try and give some help. So I am going to explain what I am doing step by step and only move on when you understand me. I have a folder called MyMusic this contains about 700 folders for each artist. the artist folder has a list of songs I open C:\ Drive use Views to display by details If I click the name tool bar I can select the columns to display like A...

2007 Report editor spurious errors; odd behaviors
I assume the behavior I am seeing is addressed many times over, but I don't find answers here. Can someone direct me to the necessary patches, upgrades, fixes, or whatever? The thing is unusable as installed (my company just "upgraded" and I am now dead in the water) 1) random error saying "the data you attempted to paste or insert is too large for the field" when attempting to run/preview reports. 2) abysmal performance - long "hangs" when changing fields 3) inability to handle linked captions separately - once the wizard puts them at top a...

interactive picture using behaviors
I want to add an interactive feature to my website which allows people to click to make an animated candle appear and then stay there, even if clicked again. I also would like them to be able to add a name below or beside the animated candle, but I have a feeling that the addition of a name would be asking too much from FP 2003. Any help would be much appreciated (but please, keep it simple). Thanks! Producing the candle is fairly easy - see http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/tests/show-and-hide.aspx for an example. To use a name requires a form and form processing with javascri...

transparent/colored listbox in mfc
if you want to create a listbox in transparent mode follow these steps: 1. The listbox resource needs the LBS_OWNERDRAWVARIABLE property 2. Create a new class derived from CListBox 3. You only have to add two virtual functions in these class - the MeasureItem and the DrawItem function. You can do this like that (see comments): void CTransparentListBox::DrawItem(LPDRAWITEMSTRUCT lpDrawItemStruct) { static CString strText; // no need to reallocate each time CDC dcContext; CRect rItemRect(lpDrawItemStruct->rcItem); COLORREF crText = 0x00000000; // white CBrush brHighlightBrush; CB...

Listbox scrolling with the mouse
I'm using a clistctrl with in-place editing. The examples I have found on internet is using a CComboBox when a combo is needed for in-place editing. I have however found another combobox that looks a lot better and is really easy to configure so it behaves the way you want at http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/propertylistctrl.asp. It's called InPlaceComboBoxImp. The CInPlaceComboBoxImp class is derived from CWnd and in its ::OnCreate() function it creates an editbox, a button and a listbox. The problems starts when there is many items in the listbox so you have to scroll. Sc...

highlight specific cells in array #2
Domenic Wrote: > Try the following... > > 1) Select your range, in this case C1:F20 > > 2) Format > Conditional Formatting > Formula Is > > 3) Enter the following formula: > > =C1=$A$1 > > 4) Choose your formatting > > 5) Click Ok > > Hope this helps! Great! So easy, but you have to know it! Thanks -- joke ----------------------------------------------------------------------- joker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1621 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27...

highlight cell with colour if date overdue
can anyone tell me please how do i highlight a cell in a spreadsheet with colour if date overdue And how exactly should XL determine that the date was overdue? Take a look at Conditional Formatting in XL Help. If, for instance, the due date is in A1 and the date is overdue if it's in the past, select A1, choose Format/Conditional Formatting... and use something like: CF1: =A1<TODAY() Format1: <patterns>/<color> In article <3B7B11E7-894B-458A-BDE6-7710E0743D31@microsoft.com>, Harvey <Harvey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > can anyone ...

Highlight first blank cell in column
What code do I need to allow the first blank cell found in a range to be highlighted. Example D1:D12 contains a value D13 is the first blank cell in "D" C5 is hightlighted when code is run D13 is highlighted Thank you if you can help with this. This should help! This code will start at the top of Column D and scan down to find the first empty cell and the highlight that cell yellow, then exit. Let me know if I need to tweak it for you. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. Sub Highlighter() Dim lngLastRow As Long Dim...

ListView multiple selection behavior
The ListView in Comtl32.dll v6.0 does multiple selection (when using Shift key) as follows (x means selected) 00xxxx xxxxxx xxxx00 Earlier versions of ListView do it as follows : 00xx00 00xx00 00xx00 Is there any way to have it do the first way (the comctl32 v6.0 way)? Thanks John ...

excel highlighting emails
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I have a column labeled email addresses on my spreadsheet, but I do not want them to be highlighted. SOme highlight and when you click on it to make a correction it automatically goes to an email form, which I do not want. Some email addresses do not highlight and are fine. Select the range of cells containing the hyperlinks, Control/Right-Click in the selected range, choose "Remove Hyperlink". HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 3/19/10 8:31 AM, in article 59bb58a3.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP...

strange behavior with Outlook 2003
I have one machine running outlook 2003 on a XP pro machine. It is standalone, no server, no network, only machine connected to the internet. when I am on a webpage that has a link to generate an email. (you know, click to send us an email type thing) instead of creating a new email, with teh send to pre-populated, it opens about 50 webpages of the webpage I was on. It does thist from every site I try this on, so it isn't just that webpage. any ideas? Go to Internet Options in Explorer, click the Programs tab, and make sure that Outlook is listed as your email program. -Peter...