Linked ListBox to TextBox

Hi All,

Im Trying to Insert a unbound list box on my form, the form is linked
to a single table "tbl_Status"
The table consists of one field. "SelectStatus"

Now on the form i have one text box that Scrolls through all the
Status, but because there are so many status for people to scroll
through

i have inserted a unbound list box which have the record source as the
same table "tbl'_Status"

What i would like to happen is when i user selects a value from the
list box, it is shown in the bound text box so then the user can
change, or delete the Value.

How do i achieve this?

Regards

Dan

0
dan

This will take you to the record you select in your listbox. In your unbound
list box's AfterUpdate paste:

  ' Find the record that matches the listbox.
    Dim rs As Object

    Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone
    rs.FindFirst "[SelectStatus] = '" & me.YOURLISTBOXNAME & "'"
    If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark

dan.cawthorne@gmail.com wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>Im Trying to Insert a unbound list box on my form, the form is linked
>to a single table "tbl_Status"
>The table consists of one field. "SelectStatus"
>
>Now on the form i have one text box that Scrolls through all the
>Status, but because there are so many status for people to scroll
>through
>
>i have inserted a unbound list box which have the record source as the
>same table "tbl'_Status"
>
>What i would like to happen is when i user selects a value from the
>list box, it is shown in the bound text box so then the user can
>change, or delete the Value.
>
>How do i achieve this?
>
>Regards
>
>Dan

David
11/7/2007 5:19:38 PM
On 7 Nov, 17:19, "David Benyo via AccessMonster.com" <u23098@uwe>
wrote:
> This will take you to the record you select in your listbox. In your unbound
> list box's AfterUpdate paste:
>
>   ' Find the record that matches the listbox.
>     Dim rs As Object
>
>     Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone
>     rs.FindFirst "[SelectStatus] = '" & me.YOURLISTBOXNAME & "'"
>     If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark
>

> dan.cawtho...@gmail.com wrote:
> >Hi All,
>
> >Im Trying to Insert a unbound list box on my form, the form is linked
> >to a single table "tbl_Status"
> >The table consists of one field. "SelectStatus"
>
> >Now on the form i have one text box that Scrolls through all the
> >Status, but because there are so many status for people to scroll
> >through
>
> >i have inserted a unbound list box which have the record source as the
> >same table "tbl'_Status"
>
> >What i would like to happen is when i user selects a value from the
> >list box, it is shown in the bound text box so then the user can
> >change, or delete the Value.
>
> >How do i achieve this?
>
> >Regards
>
> >Dan

Thank you very much David, Just what i was looking for,

thanks again

Danny

0
dan

Linking using ranges?
I have a chart of data on one excel worksheet (and this chart has a constant number of columns, but the number of rows vary). I need to take all of the data on this chart (not all of the data on that worksheet) and put it in to the middle of another worksheet. I was wondering if there was a way to do this without using a macro. My thought was to try to create a range on each sheet and set one range equal to another, but apparently excel doesn't allow this (at least in version 2000, which I am using). Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas? If this isn't possible how woul...

All links lost
Hi I have a very large database with about a hundred links. I have had to move all of my files to a new computer/server and have set the directory structure to be identical to the existing one. Unfortunately the database does not now automatically link to the files. Is there an easy way to reinstate the links without changing the source of each individually? (Excel 2000) -- DavidM ...

how to link to external worksheet
I am using excel 2003 and am trying to link a worksheet from one spreadsheet (source) into a second spreadsheet (destination). The source spreadsheet may or may not be open when accessing the link from the destination spreadsheet. I figured out to go to the source, select the whole sheet, ^c, then switch to a blank worksheet in the destination and Edit->Paste->Paste Special. From there I "Paste link", then paste "format" and "column widths". My first problem is that any blank cells on the source worksheet come over as 0's on the destination, ev...

Broken links don't show old data. Help!
I have a spreadsheet in an email attachment that no longer shows old data from broken links after upgrading to Office XP. The data is there, and displays while the "Update links" dialog box is up, but no matter what I choose the data then disappears into a sea of #REF when I dismiss the dialog box. How can I get the old data to show again? Thanks. -Mark ...

linking companies reports
I know Frx can link and consolidate seperate Great Plains companies. But what if I want to do this in native GP. Is Crystal the only way? I understand Report Writer only accesses one company at a time? Thanks for any info Bill 2020, Why would you want to do something that FRx was designed to do naturally in a tool like Crystal Reports? Anyways, you can also use SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "2020" wrote: > > I know Frx can link and consolid...

Update Links Slow
My supervisor just showed me a monthly process I am to inherit. Basically it involves these steps: 1. Copy Last month's files to This month's folder. 2. Rename the files. 3. Update the links to point to the new-name files instead of the files in last month's folder with last month's name. She says that to do this, it is faster if you copy everything to the local hard drive, update the links to refer to local files. Refresh the links. Then upload back to the network and change the links to refer to network files and then refresh the links again. She said t...

Exchange/Outlook Problem
My boss is having problems forwarding along his joke e-mails. It seems anyone who receives his messages cannot see the embedded images. It appears the problematic mails all seem to point to resources on the yahoo mail servers(img src="cid: 1.3069514949@web180307.mail.gq1.yahoo.com" for example). The mails are being forwarded by the user from Outlook 2003, and sent via our Exchange 2003 server. The images seem to work on our end but not for others. This issue was occurring on Entourage for Mac, and I have assumed to this point that the issue is caused by complications in enco...

Linked Images (Cheks) Don't Display Properly
Hello, for some strange reason, when I choose to link an image to a transaction, most of what was downloaded shows properly. But the check images themselves does not show. In the recent past this was not a problem. I have checked the associations settings for html etc and set them to view in IE but this did not fix the problem. What am I missing, Please? ...

RtlUnhandledExceptionFilter could not be located in the dynamic link library.
Greetings, I am running Outlook 2K, Windows 2000 Pro. Everything I start Outlook I get this error message. CiceroUlWndFrame:OUTLOOK.EXE - Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point RtlUnhandledExceptionFilter could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll. [OK] I get similar message with other software especially on installations. Any ideas would be a great help. Thank you for any help you may give. W. Kirk Crawford Rochester Hills, Michigan Perhaps this can help: CiceroUIWndFrame not responding error message http://hemmer.home.cern.ch/hemmer/KB/Articles/Q000018.htm...

Need help sorting linked cells.
I have a column of cells that are linked to cells from different place in the same spreadsheet. These cells contain golf scores. I want t be able to sort the column of linked cells in ascending order. How ca I do this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If your formulas are like: =sheet2!b33 I think you'll have trouble. You may want to try to put a key value in each row (golfer's name???) and then use a different formula to retrieve the value: =vlookup(a33,sheet2!a:b,2,false) Then sort. "NailBombJoe <" wrote: > > I have a column of cells that...

The procedure entry point RtlUnhandledExceptionFilter could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll.
I have found a 'ntdll.dll' file, but that didn't help. This shows up in Outlook. W. Kirk Crawford Rochester Hills, Michigan --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.788 / Virus Database: 533 - Release Date: 11/1/2004 I found it, http://www.jrsoftware.org/iskb.php?uxtheme W. Kirk Crawford Rochester Hills, Michigan "W. Kirk Crawford" <wkc@comcast.net> wrote in message news:xoidnaqrja3VPVncRVn-hg@comcast.com... > I have found a 'ntdll.dll' file, but that didn't help. > ...

Linked cells in Multiple Workbooks
I am tracking dates and have linked cells from another workbook so as t not have to duplicate the data entry of dates. The dates are linked t projects that are listed in rows and there is information in m workbook that is additional information within the row. So if someon changes the order of the other workbook, the information that is in m workbook does not get sorted with the order. Is there a way to link m cells to the linked cells? ie. Project ID Start Date Milestone EndDate Person Assigned 1234 (linked) 11/15/04 11/20/04(lin...

Outlook linking opens multiple Outlook iterations
Outlook, when linked in Great Plains has the extremely bad behavior of opening Outlook in multiple iterations every time an Outlook link is selected. Instead of using one iteration of Outlook, it will open multiple iterations based on the number of times the user clicks on an Outlook link, instead of opening one iteration and changing the Outlook view based on the selected link. The result is the user can have dozens of Outlook windows open during a session. This must be fixed as this behavior happens only in Great Plains. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, an...

One link breaks every time I open a workbook...
I have 3 workbooks tied together with links. One is a source only, the other two push and pull data. One of the sources, Payroll Master, on opening updates all links fine to the source only workbook but not to the third workbook (which is in the parent directory). Every time I open it it prompts me to show it where the Payroll Entry is. Doesn't matter if I hit cancel and do Edit Links, I can change it there, but will still lose it upon closing (the link appears in the box and looks ok, just won't update...) Try going Edit->Links. Break the link and re-establish it? That m...

Problem with linked excel worksheet inside a publisher email templ
I have an excel worksheet that contains hyperlinks to our website inventory. When I paste it into my publisher email template as a linked document so it updates the publisher template I lose my hyperlinks in the email. I have tried everything. If I click on the linked document and open up the excel file the hyperlinks work its only on the publisher side that things are messed up. Help ...

link drop down menu to info in worksheet
want to create a drop down that shows information from other worksheets. ie as i select A it will read the information on A from the worksheet2. How about a 'list'? Position your cursor where you want it in worksheet 1. Go to Data, Validation, Settings, Allow and choose List. In Source, click on the red square in the spreadsheet icon, go to worksheet 2 and select what you want displayed in worksheet 1. Click on the red again, and OK. When your cursor enters the cell in worksheet 1, a downarrow appears with the list you linked to. HTH, Carole O "bob" wrote: >...

IE8
IE8 won't open links (for example, links displayed by a Google search). If I use "Mysearch", the links will open. However, certain links on certain websites refuse to open as well. -- John P See the Answer post by OnyXxL in this thread: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/e312e580-1cbc-496b-8c6b-b69b8535a7bb Tip => Since MS in its infinite wisdom decided that there will be no Win7-specific newsgroups [What were they thinking?], primary support for Win7 computers will be found in these forums: http://social.answers.micr...

Error message when updating links
I am updating an Excel link in Publisher but it is taking forever for it to load (very unusual on my computer) and give me the following message: No printers are installed. To install a printer, point to Settings on the Windows Start menu, click Printers, and then double-click Add Printer. Follow the instructions in the wizard. I'm not printing anything so why is it looking for a printer? ...

Linking Microsoft word to Office
Is there a way to link word to office? So that if I want to send out a transmittal to a person in my contact list, I can go in contacts and have a link to word that creates a transmittal with all my contact information automatically inserted into the document so I don't have to type it out each time? On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 07:07:03 -0800, Riptide <Riptide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to link word to office? Umm....? Word is *PART* of office. Do you mean linking to Microsoft Access (another Office program and the subject of this newsgroup)? or do you mean...

PlaySound Link error
This program is suppose to play a sound when a button is pressesd: The following error has accured during my build: ------ Build started: Project: PlaySoundWave, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------ Linking... PlaySoundWave.obj : error LNK2028: unresolved token (0A00000E) "extern "C" int __stdcall sndPlaySoundW(wchar_t const *,unsigned int)" (?sndPlaySoundW@@$$J18YGHPB_WI@Z) referenced in function "private: void __clrcall PlaySoundWave::Form1::button1_Click(class System::Object ^,class System::EventArgs ^)" (?button1_Click@Form1@PlaySoundWave@@$$FA$AAMXP$AAVObject...

Custom document properties
I am using Excel 2003. I read in help that I can link content to custom document properties, but on the custom page of the document properties dialog window the checkbox "Link to content" is grayed out! The file is created, saved and opened. How do I gain access to the "Link to content" feature of the custom document properites? You need to create a name next to the formula bar to link to. I've been searching for this for a while and finally figured it out., Read this doc for more info. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052036901033.aspx "...

Linking reoccurring events
How do I, or can I, link reoccurring events so that others events will post on another date based on a primary event; such as this, if pay day is on the sept. 10th I want transmission day to be 4 work days prior to pay day and cut off day to be 6 work days prior to pay day. Also I need to be able to tell the system not to include weekends and holidays in the day count. Can anyone help me? ...

Linking a Combo box to variable SQL query in subform
I am in the process of creating a relatively small D'Base that will monitor employee competency. There are several tables and relationships within this, but I don't consider this to be a big project (although my first post-graduation in the real world). I have configured the records to be spread over two tables. One is the tbl_ReviewHearder (containing employee info', review date), the second, tbl_ReviewContent contains the competency information. This is based on a 1-many relationship (1 header, lots of content) I have written VB to filter the combo boxes, but I am having ...

Help Moving Public Folders and Keeping Links Intact?
Here is the problem (using OL 2003). I am trying to move a contact folder and a task folder from a public folder to another public folder. To do so I am following these steps: 1. Creating a new .pst file. 2. Copying the folders from the public folders to the pst. 3. Copying the folders from the new .pst up to the new set of public folders. (these public folders are on different servers). After I do this, the links between the tasks and the contacts are lost. When double clicking on the contact field in the task, I get the following error: "the name or distribution list has be...

formatting textboxes
I populate textboxes on a userform with the following code Private Sub cmdEditChemical_Click() Dim Chemical As Variant Chemical = Sheets("Chemicals").Cells.Find(What:=lstChemicalDatabase.Text, LookIn:=xlFormulas, _ LookAt:=1, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False).Offset(0, 0).Address With Sheets("Chemicals").Range(Chemical) TextBoxName.Text = .Offset(0, 0) TextBoxCAS.Text = .Offset(0, 1) TextBoxMW.Text = .Offset(0, 2) TextBoxDensity.Text = .Offset(0, 3) TextBoxConc.Value = .Offset(0, 4) TextBoxMaterial.Text =...