Limiting combo box selection

I have Table 1 that list active projects, table 2 that list biweekly
reporting information for each record in Table 1 and Table 3 that list the
submission dates for each project (which I am using as a combo box selection
in my form (table 2) that fills in the DateID field). So in the beginning of
the year the combo box may have 12 dates, as the project manager submits the
biweekly reporting I want to eliminate that date as a selection in the combo
box. Right now the row source for the dateID field is

SELECT DISTINCT [DateID], [DateReport] FROM tblDateSubmitted ORDER BY
[DateReport] DESC;

Which of course list all the choices in table 3. I appreciate any guidance
on this.

thanks!

Add something like:

WHERE DateReport > Date()

That should do it. Date() is today. You only want dates >= today's date I
would assume.

"SMT" wrote:

> I have Table 1 that list active projects, table 2 that list biweekly
> reporting information for each record in Table 1 and Table 3 that list the
> submission dates for each project (which I am using as a combo box selection
> in my form (table 2) that fills in the DateID field). So in the beginning of
> the year the combo box may have 12 dates, as the project manager submits the
> biweekly reporting I want to eliminate that date as a selection in the combo
> box. Right now the row source for the dateID field is
>
> SELECT DISTINCT [DateID], [DateReport] FROM tblDateSubmitted ORDER BY
> [DateReport] DESC;
>
> Which of course list all the choices in table 3. I appreciate any guidance
> on this.
>
> thanks!

macro to time limit workbook
Hello there, is there a way for a macro, or does someone have a macro to time limit a workbook, say three to five days. Similar to a 30 day trial limit. all help appreciated regards, Ditchy Hi Ditchy In its very simplest form (goes into the thisworkbook module): Private Sub Workbook_Open() If Date > DateSerial(2005, 5, 1) Then MsgBox "Trial period has expired", vbInformation Me.Saved = True Me.Close End If End Sub What you have to do is find ways to - ensure that macros are enabled by the user (usually done by making the file worthless without macros), - register ...

Slow mail delivery from new Exch 2003 box
I have Exch 2003 installed on my network on a Win2000 server. I've just installed Exch 2003 on a 2003 member server joined to that domain. Now I have two Exch 2003 servers in my Org. I created a test mailbox account on the new Exch 2003 server. Whenever I send email from the test account, it is very slow to arrive (28mins). If I move that mailbox to the old Exch 2003 on the Win2000 server, it arrives to the recipient instantly. If I run the DCDiag & Netdiag tools; Is there anything in particular in need to look for? Please Help anyone! Post some more info on your AD infrastuct...

Message Box Title
Is there a way to Center the Title of a Message Box in Access 2003? Thanks No. -- Ken Snell http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/ "accesshacker" <accesshacker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A383C6B-143C-49D8-ABAC-D705D6A616DB@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to Center the Title of a Message Box in Access 2003? > > Thanks There is a possible kludge with something like: MsgBox("This is a test",vbQuestion+vbYesNo," Centered") It ain't pretty but might work. -- Duane Hook...

Limited User Account
I am thinking of buying Microsoft Money Plus 2008 to use on a computer with Windows XP. I read in the user guide that I must install it with an administrator account, which I would expect. After it is installed, can I import data from Quicken 2006 and use MS Money Plus from a limited user account? The reason I ask is I do all my routine work with a limited user account and only use the administrator account when absolutely necessary. Gerry In microsoft.public.money, Geber wrote: >I am thinking of buying Microsoft Money Plus 2008 to use on a computer >with Windows XP. I read in the...

Selecting Pics in Explorer, then "Send via e-mail" doesn't work...
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I haven't found it in a search. I'm running Outlook 2007 and it worked fine with XP - since I've upgraded to Windows 7, I can't select *any* files in explorer and send them via e-mail. Nothing happens, then I can't get Outlook to start under any circumstance unless I reboot. I need to create a new e-mail, then select the files...and it works fine, but it's a giant PITA. Any help: Sounds like it is caused by a corruption or an incompatible add-in. Which add-ins do you have installed? Tools-> Trust Center-&g...

And introducing... The Default Text Box Add-in!!
Default Text Box for Publisher 2002/2003 allows you to save defaults for text boxes in Publisher 2002 (which before now has been impossible) and to save these defaults for use in future publications (which isn't even possible with Publisher 2003!) Download it now from http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/add-ins.htm Go on, give it a go - it's free! -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm I don't want add-ons for 2002 - I want 2003! "Ed Bennett" <...

Outlook 2003 contact limit
Hi I have a excel spred sheet with 1300 contacts in it, i have some problems importing them into Outlook 2003 a lot of the contacts are not imported Is there a limit on how many contacts you can have? or am i doing something wrong Here is what i have done I have exported my contacts to a spread sheet and then added a lot of contacts and then tryed to import it again without success You are far below what the item count limit is. Outlook 97-2002 Personal folders 65,000 items per folder (max file size for pst is 2GB) Personal Folders (unicode) personal folders Unknown limit (artificial lim...

Combo Box Problems
I would like to make a combo box in my worksheet do exactly what the Name Box does. When a item in the combo box is selected scroll right or left through the worksheet and find that heading that was selected in the combo box?.....Is there a way to do this? Thanks. On Aug 13, 10:00=A0am, daphoenix <daphoe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would like to make a combo box in my worksheet do exactly what the Name= Box > does. When a item in the combo box is selected scroll right or left throu= gh > the worksheet and find that heading that was selected in the combo > bo...

Text Boxes
Hi, I am currently using Excel in Office XP. I have created a small 'Text Box', but have a lot of text in it and I do not want to make the 'Text Box' any bigger. Is there any way that I can place 'Scroll Bars' on the 'Text Box' ? Regards Tappie Hi Tappie A textbox from the Controls Toolbox has a Scrollbars property. A textbox from the Drawing toolbar doesn't. HTH. best wishes Harald "Tappie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:2890e01c463ff$f1d86ec0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am currently using ...

ALERT Pop up Box
Hi All I am running a macro that calculates and produces several workbooks for a number of people. What I would like to do is have a pop up box appear on each of their computers just before the macro is ran to ask them to "Get out of their workbooks as the macro is about to be ran". Is this possible? Thnkx Maybe you can add something like this at the start of your code: Dim Resp As Long Resp = MsgBox(Prompt:="Is your workbook closed so the macro can continue", _ Buttons:=vbYesNo) If Resp = vbNo Then Exit Sub End If mellowe wrote: > > Hi Al...

not repeating text boxes in reports with columns
Hello, I am trying to create a report with columns without repeating certain text boxes. Here is an example of what I would like to create: [Date] "Month1" [Date] "Month2" [Date] "Month3" [Product] "Product1": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product2": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product3": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product4": [q...

Direction of selection in CRichEditCtrl
I believe that CRichEditCtrl::GetSel() does not relay a key piece of information regarding the current selection, namely the direction of the selection. This function always returns the smaller position first, and the larger position second. I would expect this function to return the larger position first and the smaller position second in the case of the user selecting backwards (from right to left). The reason for my expectations is that CRichEditCtrl::SetSel() does support this scheme for relaying the direction of the selection, unlike CRichEditCtrl::GetSel(). I can put the cursor at the e...

enter value in a cell from a combo box
How to build a combo box to be able to select a value and enter in the cell 1. Go to View > Toolbars > Control Toolbox 2. Click on the "Combobox" icon once and draw one on your worksheet (hold down the ALT button to fit to a cell). 3. Right-click on the Combobox and go to Properties. 4. In the ListFillRange type in the range of cells that contain the values to fill the combobox, like A1:A5. 5. In the LinkedCell field type a cell reference that will contain the user's selection (ie E2). 6. Click on the Exit Design Mode icon and close the toolbar. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA ...

copy data to differences places based on selection
I have a master list of entities name in master name sheets. Let say entity 1 to entitiy 100. If I select Entity 1 to Entity 10, these 1 to 10 entities insert below group1, group2, group 3 in sheet1. It also insert below group4, group5 in sheet2. I don't have preference about how to select the names in master list. Anything like check, or yes is fine to me. I am open to any idea or method. thank you in advance. ...

List Box
I am stumped and need some assistance - PLEASE. New to List Boxes. I have created two unbound list boxes on an unbound form to use as criteria for a report. Both list boxes (lboxCategory and lboxSupplier) have two fields CategoryID and Category and SupplierID and Supplier sorting ascending on latter fields. The Multi-Select property is set to Extended. I have a command button cmdPreview that I would like to use to preview the report after selections are made. I will select two or more choices from each list box at a time. Can anyone get me started with the code I need to make this h...

verify that a dialog box exists
I want to verify that a dialog box exists before I send it some message. I have a pointer to its object. Can someone remind me please? Thanks George > I want to verify that a dialog box exists before I send it some message. I > have a pointer to its object. > Can someone remind me please? > if(pDlg && pDlg->m_hWnd) { .... } --- Ajay > I want to verify that a dialog box exists before I send it some message. I > have a pointer to its object. > Can someone remind me please? > You can use ASSERT_VALID as well. It works in Debug only but its of great...

Lists Box
I have a form with fields; ID, DATE and QUANTITY. The Date andQuantity Field I've changed into a List Box showing the two columnsrespectively and the ID field is left as a normal text box. When Iclick on any item in the list box the ID change change according towhich ever entry I have selected. Unfortunetly ID field staysconstant!!Any suggestionsThanks Hi, Asif,did you include the ID field in the ListBox?The easiest solution:1) Add the ID field to the RowSource.2) Point the BoundColumn to the ID field.3) Set the ID field column width to 0.HTHVlado"Asif" <asifhashmani@hotmail.c...

Selective backup
Canadian payroll is treated as a Project in GP's. In the good old days we could do a selective backup of only the files in the Project folder. Now, it seems, its all or nothing (GP's 7.5 on Sql). Is there a way to backup/restore only Project, or other module's, files? Thanks I believe Winthrop Development (www.winthropdc.com) has a tool that enables you to back up a portion of a database. "noyb" wrote: > Canadian payroll is treated as a Project in GP's. In the good old days > we could do a selective backup of only the files in the Project folder. > ...

Emails in the in-box, but only see on TREO not Outlook. WHY?
Any Assistance with these matter would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Technically Not Savvy Was your last synchronization successful? Are you filtering mail in your Inbox? Are there any errors or anything in the Event Viewer? -- K. Orland Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny "Technically Not Savvy" wrote: > Any Assistance with these matter would be greatly appreciated. > > > Sincerely, > > > Technically Not Savvy Technically Not Savvy <Te...

Maximum MBOX file size limits and attachments
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I am paring down a huge identity (16GB) by creating saved searches (6-month groups) of an offline copy of an exchange identity and pulling them to the desktop as MBOX files. One has 2314 items, another 14,521 and yet another has 18,845. Curiously they are all about 2GB in file size. Is this a limit? What happens when I exceed it? Are attachments stripped to preserve the messages? Thanks! On 3/29/10 2:35 PM, theocmg@officeformac.com wrote: > I am paring down a huge identity (16GB) by...

Limit selected recipients to receive mail from only known addresses??
I am looking to block all mail messages from Internet senders except for those from a list of known good ones (local are allowed to communicate) on a per-user basis. Is this possible with Ex2k3 Thanks in advance Mike Mike B <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am looking to block all mail messages from Internet senders except for those from a list of known good ones (local are allowed to communicate) on a per-user basis. >Is this possible with Ex2k3? Not exactly in the way you describe. You can use the Active Directory as the source of valid SMTP addressses, and yo...

Date Selection on HR Training Reports
I am implementing Human Resources, Advanced Human Resources and Certifications, Licensing and Training On the standard HR training reports such as Employee Classes, date selection does not work. If I enter a date selection, nothing is printed on the report. Without date selection, everything prints. I found a KB article - 863263 that states this is an issue for V 8.0 but I can't find anything more frequent. This appears to still be an issue. Does anyone have an update or are you experiencing this as well. Thanks Becker, If you are a microsoft partner, You can log into Dynamics GP...

NTBackup selections
Can you exclude the Exchange data folder from online backups? The storage group is included in the backup, so is there any reason to back up logs, edb, and stm files when backing up Exchange online? Thanks. -- Reply in group, but if emailing add another zero, and remove the last word. On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 02:25:35 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso" <td_01@att.net.invalid> wrote: >Can you exclude the Exchange data folder from online backups? The storage >group is included in the backup, so is there any reason to back up logs, >edb, and stm files when backing up Exchange o...

How to read location, content of selected cell in pivot table data area?
Greetings! Am fumbling with the pivot table object, trying to work around some idiosyncrasies. Would appreciate help on two things: 1. How do I read the cell value when a cursor is located in the data area, and associate it with an item value or otherwise locate it in the data area with respect to the framing fields/items so I can flag the row as not ..visible? 2. Is there an on-line description somewhere of how the parts of the pivot table object fit together, and VBA access to them? To give an idea where I'm at - it seems a little wild to need to read the cell.pivotcell.parent val...

Customize Mailbox limit message in exchange 2000 #2
Can anyone tell how to change the message that is sent out when a user reaches their mailbox limit in exhcange 2000. ...