Is it possible to set a listbox column text to align right?

I have a listbox that has abount 14 columns. My client asked if I can make
one of them (a money display with $ sign) to align right cos that makes it
easier to read. I thought it is simple but it seems not possible.

"yanguo" <yanguo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a listbox that has abount 14 columns. My client asked if I can make
> one of them (a money display with $ sign) to align right cos that makes it
> easier to read. I thought it is simple but it seems not possible.

I haven't used it, but have a look at what Stephen Lebans has posted here:

    http://www.lebans.com/justicombo.htm
    Justification.zip is a database containing functions to
    center and right justify data for List and Combo Boxes.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk

Possible to copy and paste to a new outlook msg?
Is it possible to create a macro to copy the info from a few specific cells, create a new outlook message and paste the copied info into the new message? Thanks. Hi Derrick, Take a look at John Walkenbach's Sending Personalized Email from Excel, John Walkenbach, Tip 86, Using Outlook http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip86.htm Mail Merge - Without Word, John Walkenbach, Tip 92, in Excel, of course. (This is the one with the Elephant -- Elephants R Us). http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip92.htm You could also do this with a hyperlink, but may run into problems with length....

Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in Set Program Access and Defaults
I just installed Office 2007 Pro but for some reason Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in my "set program access and defaults". Outlook Express appears as my only option and Outlook Express appears in the e- mail slot on my start menu. Any ideas why? You must uninstall any prior version of Outlook and re-run setup using a = custom installation and make Outlook available. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching...

Right click menu is missing
In the past, I could right click a cell, get a menu and insert a row or column. That menu seems to have disappeared? Can anyone tell me how to get it back? Paul Hi paul Run this macro one time Sub ResetCellmenu() With Application.CommandBars("Cell") .Reset .Enabled = True End With End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "PA" <PA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20327CBE-E88A-4255-BF6E-5D1F82E890C4@microsoft.com... > In the past, I could right click a cell, get a menu and insert a row or column. >...

hide hidden text from viewing
This is very confusing! Where is the option to turn off the viewing of hidden text in the document? I selected a number of hidden text and now I cannot turn it off so that others do not see it. I would recommend that your new version of Word includes something useful and easy to find in this regard! Thanks. There are (at least) two ways to unHide the Hidden Text: (1) with the Show Non-Printing Characters command (Ctrl-Shift-8, or the paragraph- symbol button on your toolbar or ribbon) and (2) a check-box in the View Options. If (2) is on, (1) won't override it. On ...

Cells not sorting right with other worksheets
I have some problems!!! First I have multiple worksheets in a workbook. And in one column that has some names. and the columns next to them has data which is yes/no go/ngo for each person. If I add a person it will update itself in each worksheet. But I need to sort it. So I sort it and it sorts fine in the worksheet I'm working in. But with the other worksheets it sorts it but the data for each person doesn't stay with the person... I hope I explained this problem to where someone can understand. PLEASE HELP!!! How do you have the referencews set between each worksheet? &qu...

text date to date format
I have column filled with: 'Apr 3 2005 4:37PM And I need to change it to: 04/03/05 4:37PM How do I get a textual date column into a sortable date/time column? I'm having problems because it sorts everything by alpha then numeric. For example, I have "Apr 15, 2005" before "Aug 10, 2003". I need to get these sorted by year, month, day...not alphabetically. Thanks in advance for your help! you are right: the filter is not a time but a alpha sort you may change the cell format or copy the value in an other cell and put the new format in the new column. ...

miss aligned cards
Hi, I've made business cards with publisher on my old computer. (think is is office 11) Now I have a new computer with office 2007. I've moved all my publsiher files to the new computer. Now all my business cards print out off center. I'm using the same printer with the software/drivers for vista. How do i fix this? How come the two publisher version don't work the same when printing. My only advice would be to setup your business card document afresh. Use one of the Avery templates, they seem to work better. Copy/paste from the older document. Be very sure your printer d...

Adjusting Text box size
In Access 2007, after creating a form using the wizard, all of the text boxes created for entering data are the same size. When I try to adjust the width of one, they all change width. How can I unlock or change this feature? I have deleted a box, and then re-added it. This sometimes works -- however if you get the size close to the size of the other boxes, it “locks in” again. I appreciate all sincere answers. Ron ah yes....a new feature in 07... in Design View; select the 'Arrange' tab then on the left side of my ribbon is: Tabular Stacked Remove You want t...

is it possible to have datasheet smart tags appear in a form?
is it possible to have datasheet smart tags appear in a form? Thanks ...

Combine variable number of columns
I have a single spreadsheet with a list of clients, addresses and their product interests. This table will be used to drive a Mailmerge document. In the document, I want to be able to refer to the products in which they indicated an interest. The problem is that while one client may have identified only one product (one column) others have selected anywhere from two to 170 products - each product is in a separate column. I can join two columns with "&", but when I have an inconsistent number of columns how do I do this efficiently? - I will have to do it for each client, e...

Number to text conversion ......HELP
Dear Friend.. I need help in converting formula calculation ( Number or Currency ) into Text EQ. Result = 2,500.00 converting to .....two thousand five hundred.. Thanks Check http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0001.htm at "The Access Web" -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Eko Hery" <eko@megaenterprise.com> wrote in message news:BCD8B0CE.1D8%eko@megaenterprise.com... > Dear Friend.. > I need help in converting formula calculation ( Number or Currency ) into > Text > > EQ. Result = 2,500.00 con...

Combing Text with Ex. Field Name to Create A New Field Name....I Think?
Hello, I have a query that will return data from a table, and another query. Here is my question. This is an existing fuel database. It runs on a keylock system so there are keys numbered A1 to C10. The table returns a sum of fuel based on a key (for example A1). I have a set of fields from another existing query labelled DIFFA1, DIFFA2, etc. What I would like to do is return the value for "DIFFA1" when I am returning the information from Key A1. I would like to set up an expression something to the effect of: Expr1: "DIFF" & [Key] I did this and it returns the ...

It's twins!!! Two sets of personal folders!!
I had to re-install outlook and reloaded my .pst file. My inbox got all the mail back but my contacts didnt come back. I imported the pst file and now i have double!! It wont let me get rid of either. What do I do now?? TIA Terri ...

To goup in each month on date column
I am using office 2007 and I have an excel sheet with the following Date OS 2/1/2009 200.30 2/1/2009 300.00 3/2/2009 400.00 5/2/2009 600.00 How I can group the excel to know outstanding in each month. To group January os and February os and so on.... Please help with thanks and Regards Try =SUMPRODUCT((TEXT(A2:A10,"mmyyyy")="022009")*(B2:B10)) with the date in cell C1 =SUMPRODUCT((TEXT(A2:A10,"mmyyyy")=TEXT(C1,"mmyyyy")*(B2:B10)) -- Jacob "pol" wrote: > I ...

Setting up local system email
I have a workstation using Office 2003 on Windows XP. I'm using 3 profiles on my workstation. Each profile has its exclusive Outlook email setup. Is there anything I can do to set up Outlook to allow for local emailing from one profile to the other, or is this something that requires another program like Microsoft Exchange Server? If each profile has a totally different email address, I suppose you could just send yourself mail over the internet and it would hit the correct profile when you login to that one. I don't think you can do it "offline" so to speak - which...

Make input in one column determine dropdown list in another.
Is there any way I can make the info thats input in one column (selected by dropdown list) determine which (one of several) dropdown list is used in another column? Use a list formula of the type =OFFSET(IF(E1=1,rng1,rng2),0,0,(COUNTA(IF(E1=1,rng1,rng2))),1) where E1 is the first DD. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "gettin-older" <gettin-older@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8FF90B6B-F07F-402B-A042-E1B103C40EED@microsoft.com... > Is there any way I can make the info thats input in one column (selected by > dr...

Show hidden text
I have a form with form fields. I'm trying to add functionality that will make visible hidden text by saying if "Add Objective" is selected in a dropdown, select bookmark "ShowObj3" and unhide that text. I know a macro will probably be more efficient, but can this also be accomplished using field codes. I'm not too savvy with macros so please make it as simple as possible. Thank you. ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("ShowObj3").Range.Font.Hidden=False -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my ...

How to convert xls to plain ascii text.
How do you convert xls to plain ascii text without having to install anything on the computer? have you tried File Save As .txt?? <dsaklad@zurich.csail.mit.edu> wrote in message news:1118187884.729493.209610@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > How do you convert xls to plain ascii text without having to install > anything on the computer? > ...

Need to expand past column IV
Hi, Were using Excel 2003 and ran into the end of colums at IV. Besides upgrading to Office 2007 is there way to extend or add-in more columns. Thanks, BobV Bob, No, but using all 256 columns is often a sign that you should use database data style entry - instead of having a column for each of the ?days(?) enter the column property as a field, with each entry in a separate row. Beyond that, it is hard to be more specific since your question is vague. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Vinecom" <vinecom@nospam.net> wrote in message news:8CBC158A-0AE4-46D6-9EB3-4CCDA375CCA9@mi...

Filter for time elapsed between 2 columns
I have Planned Start Time And Actual Start Time I only want to return records where the Planned Start Time is equal to or less than 48 hours from the Actual Start Time Thanks for your help I assume that this time fields include also the date, other wise you can't know the different between two times unless they are both on the same day, which mean up to 24 houres In the query create another column that calculate the different between the two fields HoursDiff: DateDiff("h",[Start Time],[Actual Start Time]) That will return the different in hours, under that field create t...

Set values back to zero
I have saved the data I need for last year. Now I need to set values of multiple fields back to zero in order to enter 1st quarter data for new year. I was hoping to program a button on the form to return all values of the fields back to zero. I thought I found this answer before, on this site, but am not finding it now. I have tried several versions of a Macro, but either it sets the first few records to zero and stops, or it just goes to the end and gives the message "all values should be zero" without changing anything. Is a Macro the logical way to do this? What am ...

How set default value for argument?
Is there a way to set default value function/method arguments? Something like: FindEmployees(string argName=="All") FindEmployees("Raj"); FindEmployees(); Thank you Regards Raj Hello, > Is there a way to set default value function/method arguments? This is new in C# 2010 (http://andrewtroelsen.blogspot.com/2009/01/c-2010-optional-parameters_28.html) > FindEmployees(string argName=="All") > > FindEmployees("Raj"); > FindEmployees(); Until now in C# it would be rather done by defining a FindEmployees method w...

Having trouble setting up offline folders with a LAN connection.
I've scoured the Office Help website, and I can't find out how to set up a connection with my Exchange Server at work from my LAN connection at home. It seems that all the help files/articles instruct on setting up a dial-up connection. Please help. Many ports need to be opened in the corporate firewall. It's better/easy/safer to setup Outlook Web Access to allow you access to your mail while at home. "Nitin" <Nitin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE303E76-7563-47E1-A967-3C9EC991472E@microsoft.com... > I've scoured the Office Help w...

Hexadecimal & Text Box
Hi, I overrided WM_CHAR to allow only some characters to be entered in a text box.. But the text box allows the paste command... How can I know when the user "paste" so I can verify the input !? Thanks a bunch Mike You have to catch the WM_PASTE message and check the content. take a look at this example http://www.codeproject.com/editctrl/NumEditCtl.asp AliR. "Mike Gleason jr Couturier" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:u7vtJbUQGHA.4900@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I overrided WM_CHAR to allow only some > characters to be entere...

Excel Column Sum
I get a different answer to a column of numbers (only 6) when I manually add them together as compared to doing a formula (=C6+C7+C8). Why? Likely, you should check the values in the formula bar. You're probably adding up 22 + 23 instead of 22.4 + 23.4 or something like that. Excel, when summing, sums the actual values of the cells, NOT the value you SEE (which is a result of Cell formatting. ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "kandyr" <kandyr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84EA6380-D34D-422A-9876-46A37EAE3546@microsoft.com...