Importing image into Image Control on a Form

Access97
I have a form for spare parts information and selection.
For the parts I have a library of jpg files held in a shared drive.
When the operator selects a part number in a list I have the image
appear in an Image control on the form - this is working very well and
is fast.

But there is a pesky "Importing [image path and filename]..." box
flashing momentarily on the screen each time.
Is there a way to suppress/hide this pop-up ?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Piri

0
Piri

Check http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0038.htm at "The Access Web"

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Piri" <wiremu.pareiha@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Access97
> I have a form for spare parts information and selection.
> For the parts I have a library of jpg files held in a shared drive.
> When the operator selects a part number in a list I have the image
> appear in an Image control on the form - this is working very well and
> is fast.
>
> But there is a pesky "Importing [image path and filename]..." box
> flashing momentarily on the screen each time.
> Is there a way to suppress/hide this pop-up ?
>
> Any help gratefully appreciated.
>
> Piri

0
Douglas
9/30/2007 12:10:41 AM
"Piri" <wiremu.pareiha@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Access97
> I have a form for spare parts information and selection.
> For the parts I have a library of jpg files held in a shared drive.
> When the operator selects a part number in a list I have the image
> appear in an Image control on the form - this is working very well and
> is fast.
>
> But there is a pesky "Importing [image path and filename]..." box
> flashing momentarily on the screen each time.
> Is there a way to suppress/hide this pop-up ?
>
> Any help gratefully appreciated.
>
> Piri

Use regedit to set the following key to "No":

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\ Shared Tools\Graphics
Filters\Import\JPEG\Options

Then do the same for:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ Shared Tools\Graphics
Filters\Import\JPEG\Options

0
Stuart
9/30/2007 12:30:32 AM
On Sep 30, 12:27 pm, Piri <wiremu.pare...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Access97
> I have a form for spare parts information and selection.
> For the parts I have a library of jpg files held in a shared drive.
> When the operator selects a part number in a list I have the image
> appear in an Image control on the form - this is working very well and
> is fast.
>
> But there is a pesky "Importing [image path and filename]..." box
> flashing momentarily on the screen each time.
> Is there a way to suppress/hide this pop-up ?
>
> Any help gratefully appreciated.
>
> Piri

Thanks Doug and Stuart,
The nuisance value of this at this stage is quite minuscule - the file
sizes being loaded are only 6 - 10kb.
It is that "flash" of the pop-up that annoying. But for the moment,
given the number of users involved, the registry edit is a big fix.
But I will hold this advice in case it is needed in the future.

Cheers,
Piri

0
Piri

Do MFC ActiveX Controls have dual interfaces?
Do MFC ActiveX Controls have dual interfaces? Kurt ...

Master/content pages: prob with passing a control to JS

Lookup Function in user form
I have a combo box (cboitem1) and a text box (txtprice1). I am using the code below to have txtprice1 fill with the corresponding price the worksheet: Private Sub Cboitem1_Change() If cboItem1 <> "" Then txtprice1.Value = Excel.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(cboItem1.Value, Sheets("Pizzas").Range("A1:B65536"), 2, False) End If End Sub It works perfectly when you enter an existing value in cboitem1. However if 'the user' accidently types a letter that is not the first letter of one of the existing items VB debugging pops up with error &qu...

Problem copy/pasting images from IE8 to MS Office 2007
I've got a weird problem that just started happening last week on one of my PCs (running Vista Home Premium). If I copy an image from IE8, and paste it into MS Office (Word, PPT, Outlook) the first one works fine, but then when I paste subsequent images, I get a copy of the first one. I'm not sure how to clear the clipboard, but I don't think that's even the problem. It gets more weird... When I paste the second time (or any subsequent copy/pastes after the first), it knows the size of whatever item I copied to the clipboard, but it pastes the first image distorted...

Which Controls to Build a Parent/Child Web Form
Hi there, I'm quite new to asp.net, but know exactly how to do this using classic ASP, but would like some pointers for aspnet2. I've got data being returned from an SP which looks like this: HeaderItem ChildItem A A1 A A2 A A3 B B1 etc I want to display the data like this A - This is the header record A1 A2 A3 B - Header 2 B1 etc. In classic ASP I'd write out my header row html when HeaderItem changes value and then write the Child Rows. As I've on...

addressing envelope from data input form
I don't know where to start to try this. I have the following fields that make up the entire address: Fname Lname Fname2 Lname 2 Address City, State Zip Is there any way to "push a button" on a form and have it print an envelope for that record? Thanks in advance for any help. -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com Have you thought of using an MS template as a starting point? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101172481033.aspx Dave Eliot wrote: >I don't know where to start to try this. > >I have the following fields ...

Viewing xml created in .Net in a ASP form VB6
I have been trying to create an xml document in VB.Net for displaying on an existing page written in ASP. im having a type mismatch error in my code. When i view my XML i have the following included in the <binary> node. <Binary xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes" dt:dt="bin.base64">DATA HERE </Binary My issue is how do i set the datatype of the the node using dotnet so that i can replicate the same node structure and use my existing ASP page. thanks in advance Colin Graham ...

Problem Inserting Images
Whenever I use Word or Powerpoint 2007, and I insert either a jpg or png, I get a line around the top and left side of my images. Like a border. This line sometimes prints, but it shows up online. It mostly happens after I will save the file or move throughout the document. I have no borders, no bevelled edges etc. I can't understand why this keeps happening? are you inserting the pictures into a placeholder on the slide? (where it says "click to add text.") If there's an empty one on the slide, the picture will insert into it automatically. As a test, inse...

import dll
Might be a simple question, but the sources i've read don't state it explicitly: If I use *import* to import a .dll into my vc++ mfc project and build my exe, does the user's machine still need that dll file? Yes. "m rafala" <rafala m@cadmus.com> wrote in message news:umu0Vqy6DHA.2460@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Might be a simple question, but the sources i've read don't state it > explicitly: > > If I use *import* to import a .dll into my vc++ mfc project and build my > exe, does the user's machine still need that dll file? > > ...

Runtime Control Addition
Hello everybody, I was searching the net for any resource that helps me on the subject of Adding Controls at runtime into a MFC application. I also wanted to handle the messages as well. Please help me on the subject with any tips or resources you know. Thank you so much. Shervin Hello Shervin, > Hello everybody, > > I was searching the net for any resource that helps me on the subject > of > Adding Controls at runtime into a MFC application. I also wanted to > handle > the messages as well. > Please help me on the subject with any tips or resources you know. >...

Adding BMPs to a form
I use Access 2003. I have a table set up with a field for pictures, this table sits behind a form to add BMPs, which display on the form and print on reports. In the past, when I have had to reinstall Access for any reason, the pictures instead of displaying fully in the form, only show as thumbnails with the file name. I have in the past resoved this by removing Microsoft Picture manager from MS Office. I don't know how I figured that out or why it works but it does. However, I had to reinstall Office yesterday, removed MS Pictrue Manager as usual and it's NOT working ...

Button Control Event: question
I have a small dialog that prints data it queries from a server to a listbox when a user presses a start button. What I'd like to do is to have the data continually print after the button is pressed until the user presses a stop button. So, I guess I would need to initiate some kind of continuous loop for the data querying/printing, but I'm unsure how to get the stop button to break the loop. If this even the best solution. Does anyone have any ideas of how I could accomplish this, or perhaps a better design idea? Thanks, Marcus Marcus wrote: > I have a small dialog that prints d...

Removing gray shading in protected forms (drop down box)
Hello- I am creating some contract templates for my company's sales force using Word 2003. I am using the forms toolbar to insert checkboxes and drop down boxes from which to select deliverable specifications. The problem is that when a user selects an option from the drop down box, the gray shading remains. I know the sales teams HATE the gray shading because they don't think it looks very good when sending to customers. Is there a way to disable the shading when an option is selected? Thanks. You can remove form field shading altogether using the corresponding b...

Creating a form or template
We scanned in an image of a post it note that has graphics on it. It is a jpg file. Can we somehow make this jpg file a form or template in Outlook? Ideally, we want to pull up a form that looks like the image of a post it note with the graphics in tact and be able to compose a message on the email post it note. How do you accomplish this? Thanks! ...

Import data from Money 2002 to Excel
Hi, I'd like to import some transactions history from Money 2002 into Excel. Does anybody know how I can do this? Thx. In microsoft.public.money, Nick wrote: >Hi, > >I'd like to import some transactions history from Money >2002 into Excel. Does anybody know how I can do this? Prepare a report in Money and right-click into it. You can copy and paste or choose Export.... For more sophisticated information access, search Google for Moneylink. ...

Combo values from query based on form fields
I am setting the values for a combo box in a form(s) via a query that 'filters' the results with criteria based upon the values of other fields on the form. The combo is a field that is bound. However, this is giving all kinds of problems ranging from Access completely crashing to being asked for the parameter values of those criteria fields when closing the form. I have tried making the combo an unbound field and then setting the value of the bound field to that unbound field after update, but that still leads to the same issues. How can I do this? As example - I have a form w...

Hyperlink in my Dialog control
I want my text in a dialog control to behave like a hyperlink in a web page. Is it possible and how(VC 6.0) Thanks I. Lesher http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/hyperlink.asp Here are some examples: http://www.codeguru.com/staticctrl/HyperlinkStatic.html http://www.codeproject.com/staticctrl/cmyhyperlink.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/01/c/default.aspx (look for CStaticLink) -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Lesher" <Lesher@triplebit.com> wrote in message news:uRDIoju#DHA.808@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... | I want my text in a dialog contr...

macro-import another xls file
Hi, i need a macro to import another xls file.When i run macro i need a window to appear and to browse to the file i need to import. I allways open another file, so i want to browse for the file. Can this be done? Thanks! Try some code like the following: Sub AAA() Dim FName As Variant Dim Filter As String ' Excel 2003 workbooks Filter = "Excel Files (*.xls),*.xls" ' Excel 2007 workbooks workbooks Filter = "Excel Files (*.xlsx;*.xlsm;*.xlsb),*.xlsx;*.xlsm;*.xlsb" ' Excel 2003 and 2007 Filter = "Excel Files (*.xls;*.xlsx;*.xlsm;*.xlsb),*...

Import contacts from Public Folder into Address List
Hi, we had an Address List that mysteriously disappeared. I have been able to restore its contents into a Public Folder of the same name as it was published as such. Now I have a Public Folder full on contacts but I need to move them back to the Address List which has been recreated but is now empty. Does amyone know how I may go about this? Thanks Simon Sorry, we are running Exchange 2003 Standard. Thanks "Simon" wrote: > Hi, > we had an Address List that mysteriously disappeared. I have been able to > restore its contents into a Public Folder of the same name as i...

cursor control in cells
Can anyone help please? For some reason i am no longer able to scroll across a cell by moving through teh arrow keys. The whole sheet moves instead. Can anyone tell me what I ahve done to lose this control please? Many thanx DAT Hi Dave You have probably inadvertently pressed the Skulk key. Press it again to take Scroll Lock off and you should be OK. -- Regards Roger Govier "Dave T" <datucker@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:J8sUh.378$V7.132@newsfe7-gui.ntli.net... > Can anyone help please? > For some reason i am no longer able to scroll across a cell by ...

ActiveX vs Forms
Hello- I am trying to embed some option buttons on a worksheet. I want to have two sets of buttons which are mutually exclusive, say A-D and then 1-3. I want to start with 1-3 hidden and if the user chooses option D from the first set then 1-3 will be revealed. I did this fine with the activex option buttons and VBA, however, it is not recognizing A-D and 1-3 as separate groups. Therefore, as soon as the user select 1,2 or 3, it will uncheck D and therefore rehide the remaining numbered boxes. I grouped and named each set of buttons together, but that did not work. If I try to use a group...

Refresh Results In A Second Subform In A Form
Hi, This could be a tricky one. What I've done is created a Form named ACCOUNTS SELECT which has a control being a Comb Box named 'PICK RESNAME' and an embedded subform which returns all the records according to the particular data from the 'PICK RESNAME' Combo Box. Thats all fine and well ! But what I need is to pick specific records and to store them in a let's say temporary Table which I will print out via a Report. For this temporary table, I have created in the Form ACCOUNTS SELECT another Subform which I hoped will view all the selections I have made...

Check this important pack
--pzjhsbtbubmrf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yzosxialgcaog"; type="multipart/alternative" --yzosxialgcaog Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="jqfzlzeiexnbeit" --jqfzlzeiexnbeit Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install...

Help!!!Very Important. others can see your emails!!!
I just noticed that if you are in an organization, using outlook,when you click on Addressbook button and type in someones name from Global Addres list, then hit the Properties button, then hit the personal Address Book, then hit the Activities tab, you can see that persons' entire emails. How can I stop that, so no one can see my mails? What you're looking at are the items in **your** Outlook folders related to that person. That's perfectly normal. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and...

Continuous Form, Window Top Record Ordinal
On continuous view forms, there should be a form property that has the recordset ordinal of the top-most record currently displayed in the form’s window. For example, if a recordset contains 100 records and the CurrentRecord is 5 and the user scrolls down until the CurrentRecord disappears off the top of the screen, what is the recordset ordinal for the record that is now at the top of the window? Left clicking on the scrollbar slider will display “Record: x of y”, but there should be a property that contains the value of x for code purposes. Perhaps call it “WindowTopRecord...