Import excel but selected column for selected table

I want to import excel to access but I want selected column to appear in
selected table.
For example i want to be able to specify column 1,2,3 to load in table 1 and
column 4,5,8 to appear in table 2..
May i know the way please?

EMILYTAN

May I know the way please?

Trever B wrote:
>Suggestion,
>
>Import to a temp table
>
>Run 2 append queries appending the data to the files you want
>
>Trev
>
>> I want to import excel to access but I want selected column to appear in
>> selected table.
>> For example i want to be able to specify column 1,2,3 to load in table 1 and
>> column 4,5,8 to appear in table 2..
>> May i know the way please?

EMILYTAN
5/14/2007 5:39:19 AM
Go to File - Get External Data - Lnk and link to the worksheet. The fields
in the worksheet will appear as a table in your database. Create a query
based on that table and include columns 1, 2 and 3. Change the query to an
Append query and append to table 1. Create another query based on the table
and include columns 4, 5 and 8. Change the query to an append query and
append to table 2.

PC Datasheet
Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
Applications
resource@pcdatasheet.com

"EMILYTAN via AccessMonster.com" <u33296@uwe> wrote in message
>I want to import excel to access but I want selected column to appear in
> selected table.
> For example i want to be able to specify column 1,2,3 to load in table 1
> and
> column 4,5,8 to appear in table 2..
> May i know the way please?

Steve
5/14/2007 10:51:40 AM
Your way can work..
Do you other method where user can browse the excel file and then load it in
the table with selected field to appear?
I use TransferSpreadSheet but it show me external table is not in the correct
format...

Steve wrote:
>Go to File - Get External Data - Lnk and link to the worksheet. The fields
>in the worksheet will appear as a table in your database. Create a query
>based on that table and include columns 1, 2 and 3. Change the query to an
>Append query and append to table 1. Create another query based on the table
>and include columns 4, 5 and 8. Change the query to an append query and
>append to table 2.
>
>PC Datasheet
>Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
>Applications
>resource@pcdatasheet.com
>
>>I want to import excel to access but I want selected column to appear in
>> selected table.
>> For example i want to be able to specify column 1,2,3 to load in table 1
>> and
>> column 4,5,8 to appear in table 2..
>> May i know the way please?

EMILYTAN

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

RMS V2 and QSC Import
I have successfully imported several of my customers products using the QSC Import tool as a test but am unable to import the items with any association with sales tax? The default Sales Tax is TAX which is what I plan on using but once imported it creates a new item code TAX so now I have two? I plan on importing several hundred products and any help would be much appreciated. -Jess Reference- https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/rms/downloads/releases/rms_so_importutility.htm i use the same tool but i dont tell the import utility anything about tax. import the items witho...

More Columns #2

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Pivot Table Question #5

Columns #4
My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Hi Me! I'm just guessing what you mean. Use: Tools > Options > General Remove check from "R1C1 reference style" OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D9050B-079C-476D-B5B6-84445F60EA51@microsoft.com... > My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Another gue...

learning Excel #3

Help with importing data

Table of Contents for each section
I have tried several times to create a TOC for each section of my document. They way it is now I can simply go to the Insert a TOC and it will insert e perfect TOC. All my text has been changed to the appropriate Level and I have no problem there. But I need to seperate the chapters to the start of their respective sections (I have next page breaks inserted at the start of every chapter). I have tried the bookmark method, no luck. I have tried other methods but I think my problem is that I have selected the appropriate fields and changed their levels appropriately. I have not mes...

Excel VBA

How to import images from Publisher into Picture Manager?
I have images in Publisher that I need to import in to Microsoft office picture manager. How do I do this? Find the source of those images and save them. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Heatherwithaheadache" <Heatherwithaheadache@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1B1DFC9-0639-49BA-8614-A5AC0DDB596D@microsoft.com... >I have images in Publisher that I need to import in to Microsoft office > picture manager. How do I do this? Right-click the picture, save as picture, or copy/paste to a folder. The Picture Manager will search for al...

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

How do I find the Data Analysis Plus toolpak for excel
does anyone know where I could find the data analysis plus toolpak. opher32 - > does anyone know where I could find the data analysis plus toolpak. < Start by looking on the CD that was in the back of the textbook. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

Bulk Import
Hi All. I have a need to import leads (about 20,000 of them) and then I need to update each lead (with data from an outsourced Telemarketing supplier) every 2 weeks. I will create new attributes every 2 weeks for the lead to match the data coming back from my supplier but would I be able to "update" my existing 20,000 leads and not re-import as I would like to keep the activity history. Any idea how I could do this? Thanks in advance. ...

Q:Excel/ODBC/Login ....
Hi' there ! My situation is this; My customer have a hole bunch of different Excel workbooks - with VB code inside. In this VB code the user/pwd to the ODBC connection is hardcoded. This hardcoding is not approved by audit. Is there any smart way (opposed the insert a login-dialogbox in each of those workbooks) - to solve this problem? What I thought of, is to make a button on my menubar to etablish the ODBC connection and regardless of wich workbook I open - hold this connection open. But somethins tells me, that the code should beplaced in a workbook - and not directly in Excel...