How to Tell a tab control which tab to have open from the ON_Load

Hi, I have a form with a tab control with lots of tabs.  In the on_load of
the form, based on where the user came from, I want to be able to tell which
tab is "open" when the form is drawn.
Any idea?
Thanks,
Steve

Examine the Value of the tab control.
It is equal to the PageIndex of the chosen page.

"SteveInBeloit" <SteveInBeloit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have a form with a tab control with lots of tabs.  In the on_load of
> the form, based on where the user came from, I want to be able to tell
> which
> tab is "open" when the form is drawn.
> Any idea?
> Thanks,
> Steve

0
Allen

Outllook starts then message "can not open outlook window"
i click the outlook icon, it tries to open then a message appears, " can not start microsoft outlook, can not open the outlook window ...

tab thru unlocked controls
I have created a form in excel 2000 that contains a number of textboxes and checkboxes. I unlocked the controls and then enabled protection on the worksheet. The problem is I cannot find an easy way for the user to cycle thru the controls he/she needs to fill in. The tab key only works for unlocked cells. Can anyone help? bobx This old post might help you: http://tinyurl.com/yepk -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "bobx&qu...

When I click a email link, live mail opens, however...
When I click an email link, the microsoft live mail box opens, I type my email, then click on send, a smaller dialogue box opens and it acts like it is going, but then the yellow triangle appears. I use live mail, with aol as my 'other email' it is I thought all set up correctly. However, when I go to retirieve my sent mail, it's not in live, if I go to aol, it is. What am I doing wrong? -- Janice Is the "yellow triangle" and error message? Please copy and paste all error messages into your posts for assistance. Are you attempting to send from Wind...

How do I open previous versions of publisher with 2003?
I have created several newsletters in Publisher '98. When I try to open them in Publisher 2003 the message is "Publisher cannot open the file". Any suggestions? Are you running Norton Antivirus? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "aoverf" <aoverf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C84A6F60-9C89-4D07-892A-5FBBC5C1E4AF@microsoft.com... >I have created several newsletters in Publisher '98. When I try to open >them > in Publisher 2003 the message is "Publisher cannot open the file". Any > suggestions? --- Ou...

About a format control toolbar
As we know, when we are using Outlook Express, we can edit the letter using HTML format, and Outlook Express will give us a toolbar to do that. I wanna use this toolbar in my VC6 application, but how can i load this toolbar? Is it an ActiveX control or a DLL library or a class? Can anyone tell me how can i do that, or how can i implement that function in an easy way? Thanks. ...

Reusable listview control class.
Does anyone has code to an MFC ListView class that i may use in my code? I do not want to reinvent what other havde done better then i probably can. Bredal Jensen wrote: > Does anyone has code to an MFC ListView class that i may use in my code? > > I do not want to reinvent what other havde done better then i probably can. > > Look at CodeProject.com you should find something you need. Simon ...

Word 2004 docs not opening on my Macbook Pro

My reading pane won't open and I can't turn Outlook off
I have Outlook 2007. I have my disk partitioned so I can use it and also my wife. My wifes Oultook is terribly slow. the reading pane won't show the message and I cannot turn it off. Though all other commands work fine (eg I can minimise and reduce size etc. It is driving me CRAZY. Paddy have you tried using help, office diagnostics? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-requ...

stop folder opening on new email
In Outlook 2003, whenever I get email that gets routed to a folder which is not showing right now in the tree view on the left, the folder above it automatticly expands to show the folder. Is there any way to stop this behavior so that the tree stays collapsed? __ Andy Smith You know, there is no pleasing users. Most of the requests we get in this group are to exhibit the exact behavior you despise. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be...

How to open mulitple projects in one instance of Publisher?
When I click file new, publisher opens another instance. I would like multiple projects in one Publisher window. How do I do that? While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a message from Robert952 <Robert952@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > When I click file new, publisher opens another instance. I would like > multiple projects in one Publisher window. How do I do that? There is no way to open multiple Publisher documents in one window, and never has been. Multiple windows is the only way. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher h...

Can't open FoxPro dbf's
Hi, On one PC, I can't open any dbf files. These same files can be opened on similarly configured systems. The system is Win XP and Excel 2002. I have applied all service packs from Office Update and I have installed the FoxPro ODBC driver. Is there something else that has to be done to enable opening of dbf's in Excel? Thanks, Frank "Cindy Winegarden" <cindy.winegarden@mvps.org> wrote in news:u0KW2bgXDHA.2632@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl: > Exactly how are you trying to open the DBFs? What does or doesn't > happen? Do you have the latest ODBC driver for V...

How can I call direct methodes and pobertys from an control?
Hallo, I'm new on VC++ and mfc. I wondered that I can't acess the positioned component, like a picture box, in my dialogbased application, direct in the cpp file by name. In Borland C++ Builder all component are objects and can by handled as such a component. In VC I have to create an member variable. This member variable has unfortunatly the typ CStatic so I loos the possibility to acess the methodes and proberties of the specific control. I know there is a way to do that but I couldn't find it. Could you pleas help me. Thanks a lot. Kind regards jorge (I hope you see what I mea...

Check in vba if html document is already open.
I have a vba macro that opens an html document in IE. I want to be able have the macro check if the document is already open or not; if it is then I want to switch the focus to it rather than open another instance How can I achieve this? It is not sufficient to check if IE is running as the user may have other websites open at the time. TIA Chris ...

lock controls
Hello All, In VBA, is there a way to lock/unlock all bound controls at once, or do I have to name them individually? alex You can set the form so that it doesn't allow edits, deletions or inserts. Would that be sufficient? If not, you can loop through all of the controls, check whether they're bound, and lock that way: Dim ctlCurr As Control For Each ctlCurr In Me.Controls If Len(ctlCurr.ControlSource) > 0 Then ctlCurr.Lock = True End If Next ctlCurr -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "alex" <...

MS Outlook 2003
Using Outlook 2003, I have an excel table in an email. Trying to get "Open in Microsoft Excel 11" by right clicking. Not working on current computer. Worked fine on previous computer. How do I activate this feature? This is taken from "A guide to Microsoft office 2003", "Open in Microsoft Excel 11 command Starts Excel and opens the spreadsheet data from an e-mail in a workbook. Found in the menu displayed by right-clicking the spreadsheet data in an e-mail." I really appreciate your help! This is a frustrating conundrum! Thanks, Sonya &qu...

MS Chart Control for VC++9 03-14-10
I am trying to use MSchart control in my Visual C++9, However, the MS chart control in not available in activex list!. I ve downloaded the MS chart control for APS. Net but I couldnt use it with my VC++ programs. Is there any clue? thanks "Azed" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:OTMhW14wKHA.1692@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I am trying to use MSchart control in my Visual C++9, However, the MS > chart control in not available in activex list!. I ve downloaded the MS > chart control for APS. Net but I couldnt use it with my VC++ programs. > Is...

Turn control to read only when editing but write when adding
I have a control that is a look up to find a value. I want to make the control read only if the record is being edited and allow it to be changed when a new record is added? How do you do that? Use the Current event of the form to lock the control if you are not at the new record: Private Sub Form_Current() Me.[NameOfYourControlHere].Locked = Not Me.NewRecord End Sub -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Sarah at DaVita" <sarah.pette...

ALT+TAB
I suddenly cannot use the ALT+TAB shortcut for shifting between excel files. The shortcut works fine for shifting between other applications (excel to word etc... but not when shifting from excel to excel books). Does anybody have an idea/suggestion? Thanks in advance. I would think that one should use <Ctrl> <Tab> to switch between WBs. <Alt> <Tab> switches between apps, *besides* switching between WBs, *IF* <Tools> <Options> <View> <WindowsInTaskbar> *is checked*. -- Regards, RD ---------------------------------------------------------...

Cannot Move Open Inoice to History
I have an invoice that has been paid but it still has a status of open. I need to move it to history. When I try to void the open transaction I get the message "This document cannot be marked for voiding. It has been either partially applied or is on hold." In the Payables Transaction Inquiry by Vendor, the invoice has an unapplied amount of $0.00. When I click on it, the applied amount was $123.45. Is there any way I can just move this transaction to history? If not, what are the steps I need to take? Thanks for your help, Jocelyn Jocelyn: I would run Checklinks on y...

Can't print in sequential page order. No "Complex Scripts" tab
MS Help tell me to default change the print order on a MS Publisher publication by clicking on the Complex Scripts tab. However, no such tab exists in my MS Publisher. What do I do? What version Publisher? Are you trying to print a web page? PUB2002: Right-to-Left Complex Script Cannot be Selected in Filtered Web Page http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299277/en-us PUB2002: Arabic Text Is Not Displayed in Print Preview Mode http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285377/en-us An East Asian language or a Complex Script language may be unavailable on the Languages tab in the Setup program of a 2007 O...

When open windows mail, it appears "The file couldn't be shown"
I have two mail managers working in my PC: Outlook (for my personal mail), and Windows mail for my job. Both managers were working well, and even sometimes with both programs opened. After a windows actualization, I tried to open Win Mail and in the preview part of the screen (bottom), I see this notice: "The folder couldn't be shown. Win mail could not open this folder" "Possible reasons: Not enough disc space, or not enough memory" I have enough disc space (67GB, and 1 GB in RAM), so those are not the reasons (my archive are, at much, 1 GB). On the ...

CHM Control
Hi *.*! Does someone know a control with which i can control a CHM File? I want to recognize when someone click�s a button inside of a CHM File and then i want a IHTMLDocument2 to that HTML File, in which it happened. Is there a own *View Class for that purpose, like the CHtmlView? I�ve seen the Microsoft Help 2.0 Contents Control, but i haven�t found any Documentation about it yet :( Thanks for every help! Greetings -- Thomas ...

Why Users can open other users folders
Hi We have Exchange Server 2003 and we access Outlook using exhcnage server. I have found that all users can access others folder by going File, Open, Other User's Folder. Can you please guide me how can I prevent this. Do I have to make permission changes on Exchange Server? If yes where? Your prompt response is greatly appreciated. mukeshhtrivedi@gmail.com wrote: > Hi We have Exchange Server 2003 and we access Outlook using exhcnage > server. I have found that all users can access others folder by going > File, Open, Other User's Folder. Can you please guide me how can I ...

Open a copy of a doc
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel In Word 2004, my original copy of a document(which is a form) is like the template. I do not want to change the original doc but open it a a copy. I want to automate this process but the recorded macro doesn't seem to show that the doument is a copy rather than the original. When I recorded the macro at a workplace with a Windows machine, the word &quot;copy&quot; appears in the macro. How can I be sure that the macro running on the Mac is opening only a copy? <br><br>Ron Hi Ron: The be...

Why can't the email attachments I send always be opened?
I have problems sending emails with attachments that contain a spreadsheet I made using works task manager and also an attachment of a schedule that was made with works word processor. How can I save these documents in a format that they can be opened when sent as attachments to an email? Hi the recipient of your email has to have a program which can open your files. e.g. MS Works. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cwrogers wrote: > I have problems sending emails with attachments that contain a > spreadsheet I made using works task manager and also an attachment of > a...