How to open a blank form for adding a new record

Hello,

I have a form for adding/viewing employee records.  I can open the form,
view records and using the navigation button, add a new record just fine.
However, I'd like to open the form using a command button so that all fields
are blank and a new record can immediately been added without having to use
the navigation button.  Can anyone help me figure out how to do this?

TIA,
Rich

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:20:02 -0800, rich wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a form for adding/viewing employee records.  I can open the form,
> view records and using the navigation button, add a new record just fine.
> However, I'd like to open the form using a command button so that all fields
> are blank and a new record can immediately been added without having to use
> the navigation button.  Can anyone help me figure out how to do this?
>
> TIA,
> Rich

Code the command button's Click event:
DoCmd.OpenForm "FormName", , , , acFormAdd

Change "FormName" to whatever the actual name of the form to be opened
is.
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

"rich" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a form for adding/viewing employee records.  I can open the form,
> view records and using the navigation button, add a new record just fine.
> However, I'd like to open the form using a command button so that all fields
> are blank and a new record can immediately been added without having to use
> the navigation button.  Can anyone help me figure out how to do this?
>
> TIA,
> Rich
Perfect!!!

Thanks Fred!!!

"fredg" wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:20:02 -0800, rich wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a form for adding/viewing employee records.  I can open the form,
> > view records and using the navigation button, add a new record just fine.
> > However, I'd like to open the form using a command button so that all fields
> > are blank and a new record can immediately been added without having to use
> > the navigation button.  Can anyone help me figure out how to do this?
> >
> > TIA,
> > Rich
>
> Code the command button's Click event:
> DoCmd.OpenForm "FormName", , , , acFormAdd
>
> Change "FormName" to whatever the actual name of the form to be opened
> is.
> --
> Fred
> Please respond only to this newsgroup.
> I do not reply to personal e-mail

new to access
i am fairly new to access 2003, i have created several database, very basic ones, and i am trying to learn how i can enter information in one data base and have it distributed into the rest of them. i manage 4 buildings for a school, ihave one database for each building and i have to enter what rooms i put students in, ihave another database for new arrivals, once there entered in new arrival data base, i then have to enter them in to the proper building, i have one for students checking out, once enterd in the checkout database i have to go into that buildings database and remove them. this i...

Adding new store prices to hq
I have the new store prices on Excel (upc code, price) but i need to import those prices to Store Ops. My understanding is that i can not use the import tool on customer source because I am using HQ? The items are already imported I just need prices to be imported. Any Ideas? hi GO to Store Manager, then Wizard, run the Inventory Wizard and then Chose the Task 110 then from the Select Items to Update select Manually Item click next next till you get the which says Inventory Wizard Workpad screen. Click on Import and then import the file. if you still have problem let me know. Regards A...

Filtering a form
Hello everyone, I've run into a problem i'm not sure how to solve. I have a form that with the click of a button filters the form based on the value in a text box. I also have my own controls for record navigation for navigating through the filtered form. There is a text box called "Total Records" that is supposed to display the total number of records in the form after it is filtered using Me.Recordset.RecordCount as the source. This doesn't appear to work properly; for example with one search, Me.Recordset.RecordCount returns "2" when the...

adding Associated External Account en masse?
I have 2 seperate Active Directory domains/forests (A (2003), and B (2000)). The A domain has an Exchange 2003 server in it. The B domain has 400 user accounts in it and no email server. I have created a 1-way outgoing Trust going from domain A(trusting) to domain B(trusted). I also created user accounts in domain A that mirror all of the accounts in domain B. I can successfully add a user account from B to a mailbox in A and assign the external associated account permission to it. Does anyone know of a script out there that could automate this process for me? We wrote a similar script fo...

Using Form to update table
Hi I am a little lost. I have a form which has a subform. In the header of the form there is a combo box to selete numbers and a text box to enter a date (not current date) On the subform I have 2 text boxes which onces the 2nd textbox is populated another set is to come underneath ready for completion (continues form). On the main forms footer I have an update button which is to perform a task. What I am lost with is how can I get the subform to work as a continues form so once the 2nd text box is completed another set is ready for entering. and How do I then click on the button to fi...

adding series to a chart
ok i posted before about this but i didnt explain it properly i have a chart that is already done, its a bar chart and has 100 bars, i would like to add the names to those bars but it would be a pain to do it 1 by one attaching each series to a bar. is there a quicker way of doing it ?? Well, you can't attach a series to a bar; a bar is a subset of a series. Do you mean you want to add series names to the bars? If your series names just happen to be in a contiguous worksheet range (all in one row or one column), this simple macro will apply them to the series: Sub ApplyNames() ...

text box filter by form
For some reason that I just can't explain, a text box on a form associated with a single primary key field behaves unexpectedly when I do a filter-by-form. Instead of listing all of the records from the source table as choices in combo box mode, I only see "Is Null" and "Is Not Null" as choices. I have an older form from another database that behaves as I hoped this one would, yet there seems to be no property differences between the two text boxes. Can anybody explain what I'm missing please? Having "Is Null" and "Is Not Null" as filt...

Adding in Excel Revised
I have a spreadsheet from Pay pal. It lists many columns and cells. For example in one of the COLUMNS (column D) it lists the words"us postal" which are postal fees I incurred, for debits and their are names listed beneath them as credits for paid sales. The actual numbers show in column H that I need to add up that are currently showing as debits. I do not want to add the credits in column H. Since Column H shows debits and credits- I need to separate these out and add the debits for total ship fees. I want to add up only the "us postal" fees in total IN THE COL...

xlsx file opens blank
Not sure when it happened or if it's always like this. Upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007. Set everyone up to save to XLS by default, since most people can't use or view the XLSX crap. So, one customer mails us an XLSX file. This lady tries to open it and it opens blank. So, we're sitting at the Excel screen with a light blue background as if no file was opened. Yet, someone else was able to open the same file just fine. Any ideas? Did you try maximizing the document? I've had that happen to me if I have multiple files open, arrange to view all, then c...

AD Interorg Synchro
Hi, I have to synchronize 2 Exchange Organisations (in different forest) for contacts (only 200 users in each domain to create and maintain like contact in the other). I know the MIIS product but for this "little synchro", it's a too big and too expensive solution. And the light version: IIFP seems only to work in the Enterprise version of Win2K3 Server. Do you have any cheaper solution (other than developping a proper synchronisation program) ? Thanks. Regards Christophe CHESNEAU Have a look at SimpleSync from CPS Systems. http://www.cps-systems.com/simplesync/ Ton...

Data Entry Form and Subform problems
Hi, I have a form and subform that I am trying to use for data entry. However, it's not working out as planned. I have two tables: tblAccount [AccountID] (PK) [DefaultAddressID] ....more fields tblAddress [AccountID] (Combined PK) [AddressID] (Combined PK) .... more fields tblAccount holds Account records including the default address to be used in all transactions, although an account can have more than one address. tblAddress holds all the addresses for all accounts with a combined primary key of AccountID and AddressID. tblAccount.AccountID is an autonumber field. tblDefaultAddre...

Inserting Date in form
Access 2003 I have inhereted a form and one of the fields should enter today's date automatically. It is not doing it. I right clicked on the text box in design view, went to Properties, but I don't know what to do from there. Any help would be appreciated. Heather Fabries Heather, Locate the DefaultValue property of the text control (must be a Date/Time field as defined in your table) Place this value in the DefaultValue... Date() If you need to capture Date and Time... Now() On any NEW record, today's date will be entered automatically. De...

Combo box to control two sub forms
I have a combo box on a form that I want to control the data viewed in two sub forms. The combo box list months in the mmm format. One of the sub forms is requests that have been approved with the date (mmm-yy) the other sub form is requests that have been denied with the date (mmm-yy). When I select Jan from the combo box, I want the sub forms to display only the records having to do with that month. Is this even possible? Your combobox provides only a month criteria while your data is both year and month. That's not a problem except when you select a month, your subform d...

Purchase new home procedure with Money 2007
What is the best way to record the purchase of a new home? I am sure this is 'documented' somewhere but would like some detailed steps on what to do - like what/how to record all the fees for the buy, asset account, transferring items to that account, loan amount, etc. Anyone got a more or less detailed list of what to do? Tom -- See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?cat=23 for some insights. "Tom Simpson" <tom@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OP8MLttKIHA.484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Anyone got a more or less detailed list of what to do? ...

Hide Button after clicking on the button to open a form
Hi, Please let me know how i can hide a button after clicking on the same button. I am able to click on a button and hide another button but does Access allow you to hide the same button you just clicked on? I used the following code to hide another button but why can't I hide the same button: Me.Command30.Visible = False Thank you so much. You can't hide or disable an control that has the focus. Set the focus to some other control and then you can hide the button. I do not know your applicaiton or what you are attempting to do, but I would suggest that you m...

Opening excel files
Hi everyone If I open an excel document from my documents, or other location, excel opens but then the file does not open. I can open excel files from excel and using the open command. but not staright from my documents. Any ideas? thanks Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on the file in windows explorer: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the win...

Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook
Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook after recent updates any suggestions ? Thanks JGM -- "Oh Lord, may I be directed what to do and what to leave undone. " (Fry) What happens when you try? What version of Outlook and what updates did you apply? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:%23vukPCwrDHA.1512@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, JGM wrote: > Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook after recent updates > > any suggestions ...

Outlook 2003 hangs when saving an Office document opened as an attachment
Hello, When a user opens a office document attachment from an email in outlook 2003, they are immediately able to see and edit this document. There seems to be an issue, however, when the user goes to File > Save As.... in word, excel, or whichever office product is in use. Outlook saves its temporary files to the temporary internet files folder on the local (c:) drive. It takes approximately 60 seconds for the dialog box to populate so the user can change the folder where they would like the document to be saved. This was an upgrade install from Office 2000. Does anyone know of anythin...

Move OWA emails to new mailbox
I have an OWA account where they are change their email address. I know I can get new emails to them but how can I get emails that are stored on the server moved to the new OWA account. On 14 Jul 2006 11:45:08 -0700, wcutler@gmail.com wrote: >I have an OWA account where they are change their email address. I >know I can get new emails to them but how can I get emails that are >stored on the server moved to the new OWA account. Explain that again, you don't make sense here, even if you did ask the question three times. On 14 Jul 2006 11:45:08 -0700, wcutler@gmail.com wrote: ...

Convert Template to Form
How can I possibly convert an outlook tamplate to an outlook form? Thanks for your help. "template" is a type of "form" in Outlook, so it's not clear what you = want to do. Can you give us more details?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 <ksenya.lim@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:1156945681.610123.4310@74g2...

New users not appearing in the address list
Hi, We have created three new users who have not had the Recipient Update policy applied, even though the Recipient Update Services have all manually been told to update (schedule is still set to Run Always). The users appear in the Exchange System Manager under 'Recipients \ All Address Lists \ All Users' and 'Recipients \ All Global Address Lists \ Default Global Address List', yet they do not appear in the Outlook Address list (and therefore we cannot set up Outlook for these users). There are no errors or warnings in the event logs. Can anyone advise me, please? W...

Turn 'On' or 'Off' 'Subtotal' in Access PivotTable Forms
Hi All This is my first time here and am hoping for some assistance. I have an access pivot table in a form and I am able to insert/remove totals and fields in the pivot table. However I am not able to turn 'On' or 'Off' the 'Subtotal' on either the column or row fieldssets using code (ie VBA). Has any one come accross this issue? Any suggestions? Thanks so much Ram ...

Open Bill of Materials
How do I set up something in SmartList>Inventory Transactions that will tell me what Bill of Materials are still "open" i.e.- either RELEASED or NOT RELEASED but not posted? Thanks, Pam I am assuming you are referring to the BOM Assembly transactions and not the MOP BOMs... You will need SmartList Builder to do that. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Pam" wrote: > How do I set up something in SmartList>I...

New identities/accounts
I have 2 identities on OE and when I go through Message > Accounts > Add etc. I fill in the details and the new account shows in the accounts panels but the Inbox, Sent Items etc. don't show in the main OE screen. Does OE only allow two identities? BTW, for hotmail (actually, an address ending in .live.co.uk) should I use POP3 and SMTP? Which ports? WTIA. You are confusing Identities and Accounts. You can have one or more identities (File, Identities) each identity can have one ore more accounts (Tools, Accounts). Identities are used to keep mail separate as...

Blank E-mail After Upgrade to Outlook 2003
I upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003 and now many of my e-mails (it appears that many are html) are coming across blank. Additionally, many of my messages are being downloaded twice. Any suggestions on how to fix these issues? ...