How to enter multiple RTF lines in memo text box

How do I enable a user to line feed to a new, additional line to be entered
in a form's text box which has a Memo field with Rich Text as its Control
Source?  Pressing "Enter" or "Tab" creates a new record in the table, rather
than moving the cursor to a new line for continued entry?

I will appreciate any help or alternative suggestions for a means for a user
to create & edit a formatted text entry.

Sorry, I don't have the ability to test at the moment, but see whether
Ctrl-Enter (or Alt-Enter) works.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

"Richard S." <RichardS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I enable a user to line feed to a new, additional line to be
> entered
> in a form's text box which has a Memo field with Rich Text as its Control
> Source?  Pressing "Enter" or "Tab" creates a new record in the table,
> rather
> than moving the cursor to a new line for continued entry?
>
> I will appreciate any help or alternative suggestions for a means for a
> user
> to create & edit a formatted text entry.

0
Douglas
6/7/2010 6:41:00 PM
On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 11:36:55 -0700, Richard S.
<RichardS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How do I enable a user to line feed to a new, additional line to be entered
>in a form's text box which has a Memo field with Rich Text as its Control
>Source?  Pressing "Enter" or "Tab" creates a new record in the table, rather
>than moving the cursor to a new line for continued entry?
>
>I will appreciate any help or alternative suggestions for a means for a user
>to create & edit a formatted text entry.

Two alternatives:

1. Use Ctrl-Enter instead of Enter.
2. View the textbox's Properties and set its "Enter Key Behavior" property to
New Line In Field.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Stagger X-axis text
In 1-2-3 I could stagger the text in the X-axis. In Excel it seems that I can only rotate the text to 90 degrees. Is there a way to stagger and leave horizontal? Specifically, I have all the provinces (or 10 of them) across the axis and they take up room when spelt out (no abbreviations allowed). I would rather the first, third, fifth ... etc. be higher and the second, fourth etc. be lower to allow the chart to be narrower and still read the text clearly. Cheers, Deborah >-----Original Message----- >In 1-2-3 I could stagger the text in the X-axis. In Excel it seems Deborah I would...

Printing Multiple Receipts at a Time From Journal
Hey guys, Is there a way to print multiple journaled receipts at a time? Say all receipts for a batch or by date or other criteria? Thanks Tom, Not that I've seen. -- = Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System on the right. http://tinyurl.com/75bgz ========== "Tom Bombadill" <Genius_pos...

How do I make a 'box and whisker plot' graph in Microsoft Excel?
I am in Year 12 and am doing a stats assignment. The project states that i MUST insert a box and whisker plot for some data, but i don't know how to do this. Does anybody know? Hi, Here are some sites on the topic of stats charting not just box and whisker. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html http://www.processtrends.com/toc_statistical_charts.htm http://tushar-mehta.com/publish_train/data_analysis/16.htm http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Year 12 student who needs help" &...

arrows along a line
Visio 2002 Is it possible to add arrow points along a line at intermittant locations .... not just at the end. Thanks. Hi Cowtoon, If you have a definite number of arrows that you want, do this: 1. Draw a line segment 2. Copy it several times, placing them all end-to-end 3. Select all the segments and choose Shape > Operations > Combine 4. Apply arrowhead formatting. Or, you may need a custom line pattern instead. Look here for more info: A detailed tutorial from MS: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/devref/HTML/DVS_10_Managing_Styles,_Formats,_and_...

Multiple Outlook #2
I imported an Outlook 2000 pst file into Outlook 2003. Now when I open Outlook my Personal Folders appears 4 times in the left hand "All Mail Folders" When I close Outlook it gives me an error and msvbvm60.dll is mentioned. Any help on how to correct this issue would be greatly appreciated. Mick ...

Convert single colum/multiple rows to multiple colums.
Hi, I have a .dat file when opened with Excel it has 1 column and 7 rows per entry. I would like to delete some rows and convert the rest to something like. Any chance this can be done. It's quite large. 51,793 rows. TIA Jeff Col 1 Col 2 Col 3 Name Date Lenny Kravitz - 2000 - Greatest Hits -- Table: {2} { "music" "Name", "06/04/2008", "Lenny Kravitz - 2000 - Greatest Hits", }, --Table: {3} etc. etc. ...

Printing Multiple Copies #4
Hi all - I am using Vista Business and Publisher 2007 from the Office 2007 Small Business package. No matter what type of publication or template I use I can only print single copies. Most recently I tried to print 30 copies of a single page flyer and had to do it a single copy at a time. If I go to File|Print and set the number of copies to 30, I still get a single copy only. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks -- Andrew Aitchison (amhsn@nospam.sympatico.ca) Is your printer driver current? What is the default in the printing preferences in the control panel printer folder? ...

Help ! formatting data to text

chart line style problem
I am making a scatter chart (with lines) in Excel 2007 under Vista. I can select a line style, for example, long dashes. However, if I try to change the axis (change from "automatic" to "fixed" on the horizontal axis), the line on the chart immediately becomes solid again. The legend still shows the proper dashing. I can get the dashing partly back by making the line thinner, but only where the variation is fastest - regions where the derivative is near zero are still solid even for thin lines. I'll appreciate any help! frank I was not able to reproduce this. Can you...

VISIO 2007 -Text direction
can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change text direction command does not work. "kgbrat" <kgbrat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DBF18B5-E1C8-4493-8BEF-F7D4C1538781@microsoft.com... > can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under > tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change > text > direction command does not work. You can use the Text Tool (The A with an circular arrow around it) and gr...

multiple revieve of emails
I recieve multiple copys of emails in outlook. In some cases I get 100 copys of the exact same message, in other cases it is ok, then others many times Only one message on server Jim <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recieve multiple copys of emails in outlook. In some > cases I get 100 copys of the exact same message, in other > cases it is ok, then others many times Only one message on > server Usually caused by 1) Send/receive interval too small or 2) server timeout value too small or 3) rules that don't contain the "stop processing more rules...

Multiple Account Download from One Financial Instituition
Hi, I have at one brokerage mutliple accounts (individual, joint, 401K, roll-over etc). In Money they are all separate accounts. When I connect with the brokerage I am only able to connect to one type of account (in this case retirement). How can I download multiple accounts from a brokerage (when not all have the same URL). Please email me your reply. Thanks Sandeep ...

Enter multiple cash receipt payment methods in Cashbook/BM.
When entering a receipt into cashbook/bank management, there is sometimes a need to receipt the amount as more than one payment type - e.g. cash and cheque. This process is accommodated well in SOP. It would be useful to have this type of procedure included in Bank Management. This is a user request from Pan Pac Forest Products. ...

Count Unique Items with Multiple Criteria
I am trying to get a list of how many lots a particular car model is on. For example, say we have a spreadsheet that looks like: Model License Lot Ford xjd-394 1 Chevy gwg-394 2 Ford sdf-333 1 Ford lkj-111 3 Toyota skd-333 4 Toyota shk-584 4 I am loking for a way to get data that says how many unique lots each car is on, so for example: Ford: 2 Chevy: 1 Toyota: 1 I was trying to do this with Pivot tables and the count functionality, but it isn't quite getting me the results I want. I can get the results with a pivot table ...

Cash basis and credit memos
We recently purchased the cash reporting tool for GP. We have noticed that when we pay a vendor that includes an invoice and a credit memo, the cash basis entry does not record to the general ledger...only on the accrual books. Has anyone else seen this? Any solutions? Alyssa, Are you talking about the Cash Basis Reporting from AIM Technologies? If so, have you asked them about this? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use Crystal Reports with GP? http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "Alyssa" <Alyssa@discussions.micros...

Collecting multiple feeds
Folks, I am subscribed to about 30 radio podcast feeds. When I refresh them on any given day, there will be five or six that refresh, and on Friday, there are about twelve. For each one, I click the URL in the feed, which opens the site for that radio program. Then I right-click the link to the podcast and select Save Target As... As it all goes onto the same directory on an MP3 player, I don't have to select it each time, but when the download frame comes up, I have to click the Save button. As most of these programs come from the BBC site, which only allows two si...

Text in column causing SUMPRODUCT error
Greegings. I have a SUMPRODUCT formula that is having errors when one of the columns has text instead of a NULL or a number. If I delete the text cells in that column it works as desired. I'll give a simple example. Suppose I have the following in A1:B6.... a 1 a 2 a abc b 1 b 1 a 2 And I need this... =SUMPRODUCT(($A$1:$A$6="a")*($B$1:$B$6)) It errors out until I delete the "abc" in cell B3, then it works as desired. I tried to replace the "abc" with a 0 by trying this... =IF(ISNUMBER(B3)=FALSE,0,B3) And it works for that pa...

Copy cell contents, then paste into the same cell with other text.
Hi! I tried a search first and couldn't find anything like this. My spreadsheet has a column for shipping that takes a series like this for each product: ?0.0*0.13.2*d*0x0x0:07:24:04 Following the question mark is the handling charge (0.0 in this example). This is followed by an * and then the weight of the item (0.13.2 in this example which is 13.2 ounces) I have a list of product weights in a colum with just pounds and ounces. I need to copy that information, then paste it into the weight area of the string above and then paste those modified contents back into t...

drop down boxes #14
Is it possible to change to fonts or fill colours of a cell containing a drop down box? Any help would be much appreciated Thanks If you made the drop down box using validation then you should be able to change the colors just like any other cell. If you used a combo box from the control toolbar, then you've got to right click and go to properties. Art "stumakker" wrote: > Is it possible to change to fonts or fill colours of a cell containing a drop > down box? > > Any help would be much appreciated > > Thanks Hi, Thanks for your reply....

Help replacing text with Yes or No
I have a field formated as general. The field contains either 1 or is left blank. If the field has a 1 I want to replace it with Yes and if the field is blank I want to replace it with No. any help is appreciated. -- Jerry Save your data and use a copy for this exercize........... Assuming your data in Column A, put this in B1 and copy down........ =IF(A1=1,"Yes","No") Then highlight the column and do Copy > PasteSpecial > Values to get rid of the formulas..........then delete column A if you wish....... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Jerry Arnone, ...

help needed on multiple option buttons
Hi, I am trying to use option buttons in a few different locations in Excel. In one cell i want three options and three different buttons. In another locations, two options with their own two buttons. However, the 5 buttons act as 5 linked options, so i can only have one or another button selected at a time. I would like one of the first three selected and one of the next two and so on. Can anybody help me work out how to resolve this. Thanks, If you used optionbuttons from the Forms toolbar, put a nice groupbox (also from the forms toolbar) around each group. If you use optionbuttons ...