How to enter multiple RTF lines in memo text box

How do I enable a user to line feed to a new, additional line to be entered
in a form's text box which has a Memo field with Rich Text as its Control
Source?  Pressing "Enter" or "Tab" creates a new record in the table, rather
than moving the cursor to a new line for continued entry?

I will appreciate any help or alternative suggestions for a means for a user
to create & edit a formatted text entry.

Sorry, I don't have the ability to test at the moment, but see whether
Ctrl-Enter (or Alt-Enter) works.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

"Richard S." <RichardS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I enable a user to line feed to a new, additional line to be
> entered
> in a form's text box which has a Memo field with Rich Text as its Control
> Source?  Pressing "Enter" or "Tab" creates a new record in the table,
> rather
> than moving the cursor to a new line for continued entry?
>
> I will appreciate any help or alternative suggestions for a means for a
> user
> to create & edit a formatted text entry.

0
Douglas
6/7/2010 6:41:00 PM
On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 11:36:55 -0700, Richard S.
<RichardS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How do I enable a user to line feed to a new, additional line to be entered
>in a form's text box which has a Memo field with Rich Text as its Control
>Source?  Pressing "Enter" or "Tab" creates a new record in the table, rather
>than moving the cursor to a new line for continued entry?
>
>I will appreciate any help or alternative suggestions for a means for a user
>to create & edit a formatted text entry.

Two alternatives:

1. Use Ctrl-Enter instead of Enter.
2. View the textbox's Properties and set its "Enter Key Behavior" property to
New Line In Field.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

multiple calendars 01-13-10
I have 2 calendars. How do I overlay the calendars and print a composite? How do I move all data from 1 calendar into the other so that I can delete the 2nd calendar? Can you tell us your version as the functionality varies between versions. To get you started copying from one folder to another... open the Calendar you want to empty | view in By Category view | select all | drag to the destination Calendar and release. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implemen...

Dynamic List Box using VBA
I wasn't really sure how to phrase this one -- this isn't your Typical Drop-Down List. I have a SELECT statement which queries SQL Server 2005 and displays the data in Excel. Let's say that a database lists products that have been delivered to 4 different cities, on 3 seperate days -- without knowing (in advance) the delivery dates, how could I create an input/drop-down field to allow the user to specify a particular date? I envision something like this: VBA code produces a list box of delivery dates based on a particular product and city. The user selects a delivery date ...

How to lock a line put on a graph in excell
I am trying to attach a line to a graph with months on the X axis. When I add additional months I want the line to stay in between the original months, however, it always moves as the graph expands. Drawing objects cannot be linked to specific values of chart axes, unless you incorporate them as series in the chart. Try the techniques here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:336...

POP should allow blanket PO's with multiple items from 1 vendor
Clients have requested this multiple times and it is probably time to post it here... In the creation of a Blanket PO, current functionality only allows the entry of one item. In many cases, a client needs to be able to creat a blanket purchase order for a single vendor that has multiple items (SKU's) and the ability to release selected items and quantities as needed. In other situations, a client would also have a price point/contract from a vendor that if they order x number of items at a time they can obtain a better price. But again, current functionality does not allow this ...

Not being able to enter Purchases account for the entire receiving
On the latest service packs for GP 9.0, and now for 10.0 as well, end users who receive in goods onto a purchase order for noninventoried items can no longer click on the Distributions button at the bottom of the window to type in accounts for Purchases. Long story short, you have to click the expansion arrow to the right of the line item and type in the account manually. Otherwise, you get an error message. A client that is new to 10.0 has voiced this concern, saying that it is going to be a pain for her to have to type in the GL Purchases Account number for every line item. Puttin...

Transparent text on picture in Word
I have a picture I have placed into a word document. I now want to add text over the picture that will appear transparent. Essentially the picture is a scenery pciture and I want to add a poem that appears over the picture. How can I do this? Although you can place your text in a text box with No Line and No Fill, it would make more sense to use the document body for your text and set the wrapping on the picture to Behind Text. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Tony" <Tony@discussions.mic...

Fuse box stencil?
I need to create something to help me identify the switches in my home's fuse box. (I set off the smoke alarm at 11:45 p.m. New Year's Eve because I had a candle burning almost directly under it for several hours.) It was late and I was desperately trying to figure out which switch controlled which circuit. That blasted noise and the knowledge that my neighbor had to hear it didn't help. Surely I'm not the first person to do this. And if I am, so be it. I'll start from scratch but I'm hoping someone can help me. :-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ...

How do I create Vertical line down whole detail section?
As the detail section can grow and shrink I want insert my line using On Print in the property section as per some advise given in another thread (not started by me). The advisor suggested the code [Me.Line (2.3 * 1440, 0) - Step(0, 20 * 1440)] ]but I have no idea how or where to insert it. Can anyone help? How do I create or edit the [event procedure] in On Print in the properties section Open your report in design view and double-click the gray bar above the detail section. This should display the properties dialog. Click the Event properties tab. Click the dropdown in the On...

Insert Data From Multiple Worksheets Into One (With Criteria)
Ok, I have created a sales report list that tracks what customers we are contacting, how we are contacting them, if they are a new or existing customer and if we sent a quote, along with some other details. There is a worksheet the salesmen fills out for each day of the month (its linked to a calendar) and that all goes into a "dashboard" that shows the breakdown with graphs. Now what i would like to do is have another worksheet list all the customers that we sent quotes to so they can mark if the quote was won or lost , state sales projections and give reasons why won ...

Voting Buttons -- Missing drop-down box in Tracking tab
I have a user on Office 2003 who uses voting buttons in Outlook. She claims that on the Tracking tab of her sent message, a drop-down box should appear at the right side of each user's "response" column showing the voting options -- for her to manually populate if the respondent verbally replies to her. Our outlook 2003 does not have this. I can find nothing on it. What is she talking about, and how can I set up this feature for her? -- Lisa M I think she's wrong. That function exists in a Meeting's Tracking table, not a vote related tracking table from an em...

change direction of cursor after enter
In excel 2003, how do I change cause the cursor to go the next cell to the right, rather than to go to the cell below? Thank you! Tools > Options > Edit > Move selection after Enter > select Right. -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "duke" <jbrown2lt@msn.com> wrote in message news:9793815c-97dc-4894-9adc-f3c43d71c91d@i29g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > In excel 2003, how do I change cause the cursor to go the next cell to > the right,...

Multiple postmaster accounts
Does anyone know how to configure the NDR's to be sent from multiple postmaster accounts? We have an exchange 2003 organization running in native mode, containing three admin groups servicing multiple domains. Is there a way to configure the account's that send the non-delivery reciepts per domain? Currently all our NDR's come from the default domain set in the default reciepient policy. How can we get the NDR's to mirror the domain they were being sent to? ie: postmaster@a.com or postmaster@b.com -- Many Thanks On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:59:12 -0700, Nikrep <Nikrep@...

Sending from multiple accounts
This has been asked before but there doesn't appear to be an answer, so I thought I would try to keep this alive. I have multiple accounts in Outlook. They all send through the same SMTP server (this problem goes away when multiple SMTP servers are involved). All my outbound e-mail is now going out under the default account name, regardless of the account selected. There is no authentication on my SMTP server, so that option won't work. Has anyone found a solution for this yet? ...

i need to type on top of a line without it moving
I am trying to type on a line in a document, but the line moves when I do. I need to know how to type on top of the line without it moving in the document. To create the line I pressed the "dash" key and held it down. If I have created this the wrong way, please help me to get it right. I have Publisher 2007. Thank you Linda Don't type the line using dashes; type the line then use the line tool to draw the line under the statement. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Lulu" <Lulu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E2DDA57-0A3C-4E59-...

Substitute button is greyed out on line item in assembly transacti
I know how this is supposed to work and have used it before however when I am on a line item even though on the inventory card shows this item has two substitute, the substitute button is greyed out. Any ideas? Thanks Leslie forgot to put the notify on "LASM" wrote: > I know how this is supposed to work and have used it before however when I am > on a line item even though on the inventory card shows this item has two > substitute, the substitute button is greyed out. > > Any ideas? > > Thanks > Leslie You are correct in that there must be at leas...

how to jump to the next column with "enter" in excel?
Hi, The "tab" key is not an option? "dragos" <dragos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:076B9F2B-AE6B-4DCD-96ED-6B5AAE35DC4B@microsoft.com... > ...

Query based on multiple parameters
I would like to create a query where the user can input 2 or more parameters (part numbers), separated by comma and/or space and return information about that part. I already have a query that accepts one parameter. Is there a way to do this with more than one? I have read some posts that say to use a table to serve up the paraments and the user chooses one or more. However, a particular part or parts may not yet be in the table as they are new or unknown. Is there any way to do this without using an existing table but just accept input from the user on the fly? T...

Multiple chart types on same chart
Hi, I have following data in columnar format Quarter of the year (e.g. Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4) Geographic zone of organization, e.g. (North, East, West, South) 4 Top selling products of the company (P1, P2, P3, P4) And eventually the sales amounts for the concerned product in the concerned zone for the concerned quarter. I would like to have a single chart that displays on the x-axis the Quarters of the year. For each quarter the geographic zone data is shown as clustered bars, and the product info per zone is shown as stacked bar. Thus visually I will have per quarter the 4 geographic zo...

Can the Item Description wrap to multiple lines on an invoice?
We have some long item descriptions (up to the 100 character limit), and we were trying to figure out how to get them to print on an invoice. If I spread the field all out on a single line, it's too long to fit on the document. If I create a box that's several lines tall, it does partially wrap, but it doesn't print the full description - it cuts off after around the 60th character or so. Has anyone successfully wrapped an item description on an invoice? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 I think you'll need to parse it and then...

multiple owner for one account or for example contacts
Could i assign more than one owner for example entity account or contact ??? I want to all logged crm user to see My Activities the same for all owner (crm user). Thans for answer On Aug 11, 3:24=A0am, "Rafal" <rkoczen_1...@o2.pl> wrote: > Could i assign more than one owner for example entity account or contact = ??? > > I want to all logged crm user to see My Activities the same for all owner > (crm user). > > Thans for answer Hi Rafal, No it is not possible to have more than one owner for any records. What you can do is make the "Open Activies&q...

command line switch for Outlook
Hi: Is there a command line switch that I can use to repair Outlook without using Detect and Repair from Outlook. I am talking about the Microsoft Outlook icon that get install with Office 2000. Thanks, Sylvie Sylvie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi: > Is there a command line switch that I can use to repair > Outlook without using Detect and Repair from Outlook. I > am talking about the Microsoft Outlook icon that get > install with Office 2000. No. You must use Detect and Repair from Outlook's setup. -- Brian Tillman Smiths ...

how do I angle text in Publisher
I want to create an invitation for my son's Star Wars birthday party and would like to angle the text ot text box like the opening scroll in Star wars. Any help? Try the WordArt. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "kmc17" <kmc17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D1DB10C-A9A1-45D5-9A0F-02FD746E2CE4@microsoft.com... >I want to create an invitation for my son's Star Wars birthday party and > would like to angle the text ot text box like the opening scroll in Star > wars. Any help? kmc17 wrote: > I want to create an...

how to merge data from multiple columns to one column #2
I have first, middle, and last names in A, B, and C. I want to merge everything into A. Ho do I do that? In column D use the formula =A1&" "&B1&" "&C1 The " " would put in your spaces in between the names. Then go to column D & do Edit Copy, move to column A & do Edit Paste. Then you should be able to delete columns B, C & D. Hope that helps! >-----Original Message----- >I have first, middle, and last names in A, B, and C. I want to merge >everything into A. Ho do I do that? >. > =CONCATENATE (text1,text2,....

How to get combo box selected index changed event in another page from the existing page in winforms
Hi, I am working on windows forms project. I have two winforms (window1 and window2). I have a combobox called cmbEmail in window1 and Textbox called txtName in window2. I want to retrieve some information into the txtName in window2 when I selected something from cmbEmail in window1. If I write code to retrieve something into the txtName (which is in window2) in cmbEmail SelectedIndexchanged event in window1, I will get an error of txtName doesn't exist in this page. Can anybody help me to solve this problem.. Thanks and Regards Naresh "Naresh" &...

Conditional Sums Using Multiple Criteria
I want to sum a column if 2 conditions in a row are true. For example: If I have an array with the columns: Name, Type, Amount. I only want to sum Amount if Name="Pete" and Type="A". I've tried {=sum((Name="Pete")*(Type="A")*Amount)} I found this formula the book Microsoft Excel 2000 Formulas page 204 but it does not seem to work. Any help is appreciated. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Did you array enter it without the curly braces by using CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER at the same time. Works fine for me. -- Regards Ke...