How can I get the selected item number from a combo box?

How can I get the selected item number from a combo box. Say that
combo has only two items: (Madam;Mister).
If "Madam" is selected, I would like to get item number of Madam < it
is zero in this example.
Thank you
0
mezzanine1974

You refer to the value via the name of the control. If it is multi-column,
you append .column(number) to the name where number is 0 for the first column.

-Dorian

"mezzanine1974" wrote:

> How can I get the selected item number from a combo box. Say that
> combo has only two items: (Madam;Mister).
> If "Madam" is selected, I would like to get item number of Madam < it
> is zero in this example.
> Thank you

Some OWA users cant login but some can
We upgraded to Exchange 2003 from 5.5 and rolled out OWA. Some of the users can access the OWA system, But some cant. What should I check? Are the mailboxes all on 2003 yet? Are you still in mixed mode? How long ago did you migrate the mailboxes? I've experienced a similar situation where I needed to wait for either SRS or the ADC to replicate information for migrated mailbox before OWA could be used. This took up to an hour sometimes. Also, did you check the permissions of the user account to make sure they have access to OWA? I am having the same issue. It has been 3 weeks f...

Can I delete OE and just use Microsoft Outlook 2002
I would like to delete Outlook Express is this advisable? I am going to be using Microsoft Outlook 2002 which I recieved w/Toshiba PDA and already have it set up on the same PC as OE. Can I use Microsoft Outlook for multiple e- mail accounts? Differences Between Outlook and Outlook Express http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257824 With Outlook, you can integrate and manage e-mail from multiple e-mail accounts, personal and group calendars, contacts, and tasks. "Delia Marlowe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:780901c4025...

How can I use my calendar and other features wo using Outlook emai
I have Windows7 OS. I upgraded to MSO 2007. I cannot access the calendar, etc. without setting up an email profile which my ISP will not allow using the email address. How can I use my calendar and other features without using Outlook email? I could use the calendar on previous versions without setting up an email account. Why can't you use Outlook w/o a mail profile? What happens when you try? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft....

Dialog boxes and Font Smoothing
I have written an add-in that, under certain conditions, will display a dialog box over a slide when the presentation is running (slide show mode). Unfortunately the text on the underlying slide becomes jagged when the dialog is shown. It seems like powerpoint is no longer smoothing the fonts, as the problem is made worse at lower resolution. This happens if I use either ShowDialog() or _dialog.visible= true, and there is no code causing a slide refresh anywhere near the point the dialog is displayed. Any ideas ? ...

VBA Worksheet Event Change or Selection Question, please assist me
Two fantastic people were kind enough to provide me these two codes below, and now I'm trying to see if I can expand it to include other columns and data in a worksheet. Code 1: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim myC As Range If Intersect(Target, Range("P:P")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.EnableEvents =3D False For Each myC In Intersect(Target, Range("P:P")) Range("Q" & myC.Row).Value =3D Date - Target.Value Next myC Application.EnableEvents =3D True End Sub Code 2: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Tar...

WIll M2004 still get bug fixes?
Hello, Now that M2005 is out, will Microsoft still provide bug fixes to M2004 or are we forced to upgrade? Thanks Frank likely no additional fixes to M2004 .. but why upgrade because of that fact? Vernon "Frank" <farocco@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:utd$JCT9EHA.960@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Now that M2005 is out, will Microsoft still provide bug fixes to M2004 or > are we forced to upgrade? > > > Thanks > Frank > > M05 has more bugs than M04 needs fixes. Likely it still will when M06 comes out. M04 will never get anot...

Spin Box with Dates and Lookup
Hi, I'm trying to design a spin box function which pulls in data from monthly tabs, the month being determined by a spin box. I have monthly tabs Jan-10 to Dec-10 all containing an identical table with different data in. The user needs to be able to change the month of lookup using a spin box function but I cant get it to work properly. Thanks in anticipation. Hi, You are not very clear about your question. Anyways, try this Right click on the spin control box which you have drawn ad give the lower and upper limits are 1 and 12 respectively. In the cell link box, ...

WinDbg: Unable to get verifier list
I've been attempting to get to the bottom of a recurring BSOD crash happening on my system. I've already had 4 crashes so far over the past two weeks. So I've identified that NTOSKRNL.EXE is involved in all of them so far. It always somewhere in the stack. So I enabled Driver Verifier on NTOSKRNL, as well as HAL.DLL, NTFS.SYS, and FLTMGR.SYS which were also identified on the stack during various of the events. Okay so I had my latest crash yesterday, and it occurred on NTOSKRNL as well. The Verifier was already enabled on the system prior to this crash, and then wh...

Can't Change Text direction in office 2007
Hi, i have installed office 2007 ( Pro Plus Edition) on a machine. i have faced a strange thing that i have never seen. the option of changing text direction from right to left or left to right does not exist. it come by default with ltr direction. What's the Problem ? Hi, You need to enable a right-to-left language, such as Hebrew or Arabic. To do this, perform the following steps: 1. Close Word. 2. Click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft Office, click Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office 2007 Language Settings. 3. In the "Available...

Corrupted user profile.. how to get back to old name?
Running XP Pro at work. Login through a domain on Win2003SBS. I login with my name ssetnicky and password. We only use the server to store data really, it pushes out antivirus to all the machines, and we can access our accounting software's database which resides on the server. Each one of us has our own login and we're a member of the administrators group. My local computer's profile got corrupted around March 24th. When I logged on it looked as if I was viewing XP for the first time.. the little take a tour icon popped up, none of my quicklaunch icons were there, e...

How can I put a text box in every cell?
Two questions: -How can I put a text box in every cell that I am using WITHOUT having to insert on manually every time? AND - How can I make sure that a text box inserts itself automatically into a new row whenever I add a row? Thanks! One way is to select the row with the text box and copy it to the next row. Copy and paste it several times and then select the rows and paste them as a group. "bmowell" wrote: > Two questions: > > -How can I put a text box in every cell that I am using WITHOUT having to > insert on manually every time? &g...

Item's Last Sale Date
Hi there I'm creating a smartlist report that will display the item details but not sure which inventory table I should use to get the Last Sale date of an item. Any ideas? thanks. You can try this query to fetch the item number with the highest date of sale (or last sale date): SELECT ITEMNMBR, DOCDATE FROM IV10201 GROUP BY DOCDATE, ITEMNMBR HAVING DOCDATE =3D MAX(DOCDATE) AND ITEMNMBR =3D 'xxx' You can change 'xxx' with your item number. I've not tested this fully so you may want to run this in your environment and make sure that this query will work for every ...

My OL 2000 will not open-get error message
I have MS Office Premium-all of the other programs work. When I try to open OL2000 I get the the error msg. MS Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. I removed MS Office Premium and re-installed it-same problem. I also clicked repair from Control Panel-same problem. -- Roma Does it work correctly when trying to start Outlook in Safe Mode? Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe For additional troubleshooting steps see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www...

"Play a selected sound" in "create Rule"
I want to use "create rule' "play a selected sound" to notify me of messages from certain people. Screen is on "Create Rule" & "play a selected sound" is not checked. The box beside "play a selected sound" says "chimes.wav" When I check box for "play a selected sound" & do "Browse" to get to 'Control Panel' 'Sounds and Audio Devices', I get the message: 'The file name, or format 'Control Panel" is not valid. Type the file name and location in the correct format, such as...

Using a drop down box to select all results
I have a summary page which pulls data together from several sheets an displays summary statistics etc. I want to be able to use a drop down list to select particular product and only show data relating to those products - so far so good. But ..... having put in my drop down and referenced it in my formulae now cannot show the summary data for ALL products. Is there a wildcard that can be used in drop downs to select all -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could add (All) to your list of products, and check for that selection in the formula. For example: =IF(A2=...

Office Outlook
Hi, my office outlook is not working properly, error message : "the procedure entry point GETiums could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL " . what should I do?? pls advise. Thanks. Download and install the latest version of MDAC from Microsoft. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "david" <david@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C814B57-C82D-4066-8586-7CFDA8750D55@microsoft.com... > Hi...

Can not empty clipboard #2
I have started getting a strange message in several of my MAC Office products including Word and Excel that says Can Not Empty Clipboard. I also can not copy and paste in any program including Safari. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks harper6702 Reboot and then run Disk Utility Repair Permissions. The clipboard is a file. I suspect it has overflowed or become corrupted. The reboot may take a long time: during a reboot, Unix cleans out its temporary files, and that may fix the issue... If it doesn't, I have no idea :-) On 16/11/06 2:17 PM, in article 1163647035.202984.70550@m73g2...

Can't save new contacts in Outlook 2007
When I try to save new contacts in Outlook 2007, I get an error message: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid." It's been suggested that I clear the forms cache but cannot find how to do that in 2007 (recommended link was for 2003 version). Can anyone help with that or is there another possible solution? P.S. I am working off line in Outlook, if that matters. Also, I can revise and save revisions to existing contacts with no problem. HJ Why are you starting a new thread? Suggest following the recommendations in ...

group of numbers
How can I make a bunch of numbers being recognized as a group? I've got the following numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. I want them to be considered as a group. How can I achieve it? Thank you for your attention --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can name the range of cells that contain the numbers. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html If that's not what you're trying to do, perhaps you could give a bit more detail. PeaceMaker < wrote: > How can I make a bunch of numbers being recognized as a group? > > I&...

drop down boxes #4
Hi everyone, Ok i'll outline the situation. I am trying to produce an invoice page on a system where the user can produce an invoice etc, and I am wanting to make a cell show the total cost for the accomodation. I have a drop down box for the location name and for the cost per day, and the number of days is shown in a separate cell. Is there a way to show the total cost of the accomodation in this single cell? Help needed urgently! Thanks, Andy. Andy I am not sure of what you want but from what you say, all you need is a simple formula in that cell. Say the charge per day is ...

How can be detected if an Outlook profile is corrupted ?
Hi, I would like to verify in a program if an Outlook profile is valid or not ( is not corrupted ). Is there a method to do this ? Thanks Valid or corrupted are different things. Valid; account exists Corrupted; errors in mail profile Valid; Test Account button in Account Setup Corrupted; not possible as it can be many many things, you'll know when working with it -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "kistvan" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in mess...

Can I use Free Excel Viewer 97/2000 in Windows XP?
Microsoft downloads doesn't list the free excel viewer compatible with Windows XP. Is there a free download to view and print excel spreadsheets, that's compatible with Windows XP? Linda The Viewer for Office 97/2000 works fine under Windows XP. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:11:01 -0700, "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Microsoft downloads doesn't list the free excel viewer compatible with >Windows XP. Is there a free download to view and print excel spreadsheets, >that's compatible with Windows XP? Linda An...

Maximum number of process....Windows
Hi, Is there any limit of number of process or thread that can run at a time in Win9X and win2k/XP OS. Plz reply. regds vinay Well, on the toy systems (Win9x), the process limit is fairly small, probably reasonably on the order of a few hundred, but I've never measured it. The limit is based on the available real memory, the available paging space, the amount of GDI space, the number of windows, etc. (the USER and GDI space is shared system-wide under MS-DOS), and, or course, the sizes of the processes. On real operating systems, you will probably run out of patience before you r...

can not save or view attachments
I can seem to be able to save or view attachments the reason is that it greyed out what do i do to ungrey it?? Thanks See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm to learn how to get the attachments off. One popular method is Attachment Options from www.slovaktech.com For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm If you use OE, hit Forward on a message and open or save the attachment, then close the message. Or disable it using tools | options | security. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 i...

Can I calculate a field with 2 different filter criteria in one q
Hi, I have a data source table with a customer name field and various metrics fields, I'd like to sum metric "a" based on customer name being like "abc" and another sum of metric "a" where the customer name is NOT LIKE "abc" in one query, but I can't seem to figure this out, but, I'm a novice at this. Best I can figure is 2 different queries, then a 3rd query to bring the two together. Thanks -- Jim jimd wrote: >Hi, I have a data source table with a customer name field and various metrics >fields, I'd like to sum metric &...