Hiding the Navigation Pane

Hi

I have the instructions on how to prevent the Navigation Pane from appearing
when you open a database.

Is it also possible to prevent all the Access 'tool-bar' at the top of the
screen from appearing?

Bob

0
Bob

"Bob Matthews" <rgmatthews@orcon.net.nz> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have the instructions on how to prevent the Navigation Pane from
> appearing when you open a database.
>
> Is it also possible to prevent all the Access 'tool-bar' at the top of the
> screen from appearing?
>
> Bob

What version of access here? The nav pane does hint you are using access
2007.

If you want to hide the Ribbon + office button, then place this one line of
code in your startup:

DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarNo

If your talking about an previous version, then I usually setup one menu bar
with an exit command and use that.

Do expand if you not talking about access 2007.

For before access 2007, then try downloading and running the 3rd example at
my following web site that shows a hidden ms-access interface, and NO CODE
is required to do this....but just some settings in the start-up.

Check out:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/DownLoad.htm

(grab the 3rd example)

--
Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

0
Albert

Hiding balance total
I have a monthly expense spreadsheet that I wrote that works off of a declining balance. It's got about 15 rows but on the months that I don't use all 15 rows, I don't want the balance showing in the column of the otherwise blank row. The current (simple) formula looks like this: =J7-E8. Very simple, but when i don't have an entry for "e8", I don't want the formula cell to show anything at all. Anyone? Try using the =if function to control display, =if(E8="","",J7-E8) Hope this helps. "mailrail" wrote: > I have a monthly ...

Not all of my appointments show up as bold in the date navigator.
It appears that the appointments I set up on my iphone and synch with Outlook 2007 and some of the appointments I set up in Outlook don't show up bold in the date navigator. I saw on an older post for a previous version that one fix is to set each item as "tentative" and that did work. However, I don't have that option on iphone. Any other fixes? "Vicki" <Vicki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78095114-D4FE-48CE-A888-73DE712DC40D@microsoft.com... > It appears that the appointments I set up on my iphone and synch with > Ou...

Record Navigation 02-07-08
I have a little problem... I am wanting to use access buttons to navigate through the records. this i can do with ease but my problem comes when i am wanting to pick up some of the data straight away and use it to lock down some fields. It all words in Access 2003 but put it in Access 2007 and it breaks. Basically i have the following code: DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNext Call PremShowHide(form_frmJob.CustID) <-- this is a proceedure i am trying to call straight after jumping to the next record is pulling the value for CustID from the record i have just navigated from, not the ...

Where is Outlook Hiding
XP-Home SP3, Outlook 2007 Outlook disappears from the SysTray persistently. This is not due to windows explorer crashing. Is this a known defect. -- TUT "Progress always involves risk; you can't steal second base and keep your foot on first." -- Frederick Wilcox -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Urbane Tiger <a@a.com> wrote: > XP-Home SP3, Outlook 2007 > > Outlook disappears from the SysTray persistently. This is not due to > windows explorer crashing. > > Is this a known defect. I've not...

Freeze Panes not saving
I am using freeze panes on several sheets. After a save, close and open the panes are no longer frozen. Why isn't this attribute sticking (like it used to)? Is it just me? W'2000 Excel'2002 SP2 It's not just you Dean! I've been going nuts because it's happening to me too & I can't figure out why. But mine is even stranger...I can freeze, save, close then re-open and the panes are still frozen. However, if I open the file later in the day or the next day, not frozen. Anybody have any insight? Running Excel 2000 SP1 >-----Original Message----- >...

Information pane in an MS Word window
Hi folks, Usually when working in word, the bottom of the window pane (grey bar) conveys standard information such as the # of pages in the document, coordinates for the cursor in the document, whether or not the "Insert" buttom is in use (symbol OVR). Thank you. This is called the "status bar" and in Word 2003 and earlier, can be toggled on and off at Tools | Options | View. In Word 2007 (and presumably 2010), it is always displayed. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Na...

Macro to selectively hide columns
Hi Guys, Am using MS Excel 2002. Simply, I have the following columns: May-04 | Jun-04 | Jul-04 | Aug-04 | Sep-04 | Oct-04 | Nov-04 Above this a user can choose to view the spreadsheet by any combinatio of months (e.g. just May-04 - hide Jun-04, Jul-04, Aug-04, Sep-04, Oct-04, Nov-04 May-04 to Jun-04 - hide Jul-04,Aug-04,Sep-04,Oct-04,Nov-04 Aug-04 to Oct-04 - hide May-04,Jun-04,Jul-04,Nov-04 Currently I am invoking a change event to tell the following macro t hide the corresponding fields. This is done via a drop down lis currently. Ideally, the user would be able to key in the range...

Hide Intermediate Levels in Date Dimension
I have a pivot table (built from a ms cube using ms query) that has a date dimension. My raw data has the Date as mm/dd/yyyy and the pivot table automatically generates the month, quarter and year from this date. I cannot seem to be able to display only the Year and Month (without the Quarter). I can show the top level of the dimension (Year) or the Months alone, but I cannot supress just the Quarter. All of the "Hide" options are greyed out for the intermediate levels. Can anyone tell me how to do this with a Date in a pivot table? (Excel 2003) Thanks. ...

Temple Task Pane
Whenever I click on the dropdown arrow of the Getting Started Task Pane I can't figure out how to activate the Template Help Task Pane. So how do you activate and what does it do? If you choose File>New, it should open the Template Task Pane. There, you can select a template from the Recently Used list, or select a template from your computer or the web. D''Wanna wrote: > Whenever I click on the dropdown arrow of the Getting Started Task Pane I > can't figure out how to activate the Template Help Task Pane. So how do you > activate and what does it do? ...

Hiding a workbook
Hello, What is the VBA code to hide a wookbook while running a VBA macro? -- Regards, Jeff ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8ca8e508-528b-48b7-8e20-09c67eb491fa&dg=microsoft.public.e...

Hiding a userform properly!
Please take a look at the code below which my workbook is using: '-------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Workbook_Open() Userform1.Show End Sub '------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() MsgBox "Initialize stuff here" Userform1.Hide MsgBox "Okay, form1 is hidden now!" Userform1.Show End Sub '-------------------------------------------------------- So....obviously this code will not work. I'm guessing that the second call to "Userform1.Show...

How to hide "Get Started windows"
Hi, I am trying to hide "Get Started windows" when I start one Excel application. Please advise Peter ...

Hiding the status bar
I try to hide the status bar using the following code: void CMainFrame::OnViewStatusBar() { // TODO: Add your command handler code here m_wndStatusBar.ShowWindow(SW_HIDE); } The status bar is not hidden until I resize the MDIFrameWnd, can anyone tell me why? Thanks. xg I guess the frame doesn't know that where the status bar was is now part of its client area, so it doesn't try to repaint it. Try calling [CFrameWnd::]RecalcLayout() immediately after the show/hide. "xg1" <xg1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23k90TWwhEHA.2812@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I t...

Hide Macro Running
When I press the VBA button you can see it going through the process. How do I hide this process? Thanks Frank Hi Frank, I suppose you mean you can see what happens to the worksheets. In your macro, include "Application.ScreenUpdating = False" in the beginning and dito "True" towards the end. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "FRANKB" <FBORGER@YAHOO.COM> wrote in message news:05b401c3820e$c7522bb0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When I press the VBA button you can see it going through > the process. How do I hide this process? > >...

hiding zero for a sum
i'll try to explain best i can.... i have 3 colums, first and second are put in and the third is the difference between them. then on the bottom, i have the averages. i know how to do the subtraction, but for the other rows below keep showing "0" even though and the averages are now correct. how can i keep that column to automatically show the difference without always having the zero there and not having to always put that function in that box. here is what i looks like # DATE COURSE SCORE PAR (+/-) 1 04/03/10 49 37 12 2 04/03/10 43 34 9 3 04/19/10 44 3...

Hiding Formula
I have a spreadsheet that has 3 pages one is titled "Estimate" one is "Summary" and the third is a blank worksheet. For security reasons I want to have all of the formula on the 3rd worksheet but have the input and results appear on the "Estimate" sheet and the "Summary" sheet. This way I can hide sheet 3. I do not want any formula on pages 1 & 2. Can this be done without going to VB. Help!!!! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.E...

Need to hide the error
Hi ... I guess this is always going to be a problem fo me. So sorry for asking for help like this many times. I have this formula here: =SUMPRODUCT(ROUND(F8*4,0)/4) that keeps giving me this "#VALUR!" error when nothing is being entered, of course this can be very annoying when presented and I want to know if anyone can help me, and actualy explain to me how it was done. Just a little info since I really want to tackle this problem on my own next time. Thanks again in advance. I really appreciate it. Koji Hi first you don't need SUMPRODUCT for this formula. The followin...

How to hide a GUI program with systray icon?
Hi, Everybody! I have a GUI program which can minimize itself to the systray; What I need to do is to hide it's systray icon so that people won't know it is running by looking at my screen. Will it do if I hook Shell_NotifyIcon? Thanks! You can hide the icon by simply removing it. And show it by simply reinserting the icon in the taskbar. AliR. <j012xjj@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1153114375.184762.88760@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, Everybody! > > I have a GUI program which can minimize itself to the systray; What I > need to do is to hide it'...

Grid Show/Hide buttons
Hi, We're using Dynamics v6.00g29 (I know, I know!). Various screens have grids with extra detail that can be shown or hidden be clicking the appropriate box in the top-right of the grid. Our users claim that the grid on the Apply Sales Documents window (Transactions, Sales, Apply) used to default to hidden when opened, but at some point changed so that it now opens with the grid showing everything. Is there a setting somewhere that lets me set the default? I have asked this question of our MS Gold certified support partners, who said it would have to be achieved with VBA. However...

Toolbars Hide
Hi, I would like to hide all toolbars. How many toolbars that Access XP has? DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Menu Bar", acToolbarNo DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Database", acToolbarNo, .... .... .... .... DoCmd.showtoolbar "My Menu", acToolbarYes Is there a way to have all toolbars hide for one line code except my own toolbar? Thanks You most certainly can, and should hide all of the ms-access interface. The options to complete hide and keep people out of the ms-access interface can easily be done using the tools->start-up options. Using those options allows you to complete...

Navigation Issue #2
I went to Dynamic Drive's website and I found a navigation I like the only problem is they do not have a horizontal companion form of the vertical navigation I chose. Is there a way to change a vertical navigation into a horizontal one? the page i applied the navigation to is "http://sl-life.awardspace.biz/index.htm" any help would be greatly appreciated. Don't limit your self to the std Dynamic Drive menus Have you look at their CSS ones At http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/ There are lots of other CSS menu examples available out there For Example http://www...

Forms Doesn't diaplay in reading pane
I have designed a outlook form and when I send it to the user, he cannot see it in reading pane unless they double click and open it, Please let me know Thanks, Pallu Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Outlook. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Pallu R" <Pallu R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98C3B7A1-1E06-4D04-BB93-324C22D6098C@microsoft.com... >...

How do I hide zero values (and their titles) in a pie chart in exc
A zero value will have a pie wedge of angle 0 so is invisible To remove label (not title) click on label once, pause, click again. Now only one label is visible; tap the DELETE key If the value changes to a non-zero value, restore the label by right clicking chart area; use Chart Options; one Data Labels tab check the desired label item(s) For an automated method you will need VBA - post your question to the Excel programming newsgroup best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Kat" <Kat@discussions.microsoft.c...

Hiding the toolbar and menubar
I have a tab within CRM that opens a custom form. From within that form the user can open other CRM objects like lead, accounts, etc... - all in a new window. That new window appears fine, except that now the IE toolbar and menubar are visible. It appears to me that the appmode setting in the web.config file is not being applied to pages opened from a source other than CRM. Is there a way to make this work the same as from within CRM? Thanks!! IIRC, there is a way through isv.config to do that. WinParams="menubar=no;status=no;toolbar=no;" WinMode="0" Something...

how to hide design and general templates tab
Can anyone tell me how to hide Design and General Templates tab in new presentation dialog in powerpoint? ...