hide a text box in a continuous form

I have a form that i created that display each form as a row in a continous
form. What I need is to have one text field on one row not visible when a
check box is checked. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

Using Conditional Formatting, evalaute the state of the field bound to the
CheckBox to set the Background color of the TextBox to match that of the
Background color of the form. You might have to set the Disabled prop via CF
as well.

There is sample code showing one wat to accomplish this here:
http://www.lebans.com/conditionalformatting.htm
A2K or Higher Only!

New Feb 08,2002. Added support for Datasheet view and SubForms.

A2KConditionalFormatting.zip is a sample MDB demonstrating how to
programmatically setup Conditional Formatting to simulate:

1) Highlighting of the Current Row for a Form in Continuous or Datasheet
View

2) Highlighting of Alternate Rows for a Form in Continuous or Datasheet View

Version 2.7

Added sample demonstrating how to achieve a background Hover/Highlighting of
rows for a form in Continuous view.

Version 2.3

Added sample demonstrating how to achieve pseudo enable/disable of an
unbound control on a form in Continuous View.

Version 1.9

Added sample form to show how to apply conditional formatting to based on a
Boolean(Yes/No) field.
--

HTH
Stephen Lebans

"Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a form that i created that display each form as a row in a continous
> form. What I need is to have one text field on one row not visible when a
> check box is checked. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

0
Stephen

Change Y-axis tick labels to text, possible?
Hi, Suppose one has data scored from 0 to 5 for 3 variables and the corresponding bar chart's Y-axis has 6 tick labels 0 1 2 3 4 5 running along the Y-axis. It it possible to change these tick labels to text (say, Strongly Disagree, Disagree, Neutral, etc)? I noticed that if one copies a chart into powerpoint and then 'ungroups' the elements of the chart, the Y-axis tick labels can be changed, but it doesn't seem possible within excel (nb: I want to write a macro within excel to perform this task). Thanks for any advice. Hi, You can create your own axis label...

Importing a folder of text files
Hi I have a folder of text files (a few thousand) and I want to either take the relevant bits of them into Access (one per record, memo field) based on what's in the file or to import all of them into Access and then delete the irrelevant bits. As an example, I want to grab the data after <div class="ext_description"> (which appears in all of the files (they were html)) and put it into records in a table. I don't know whether to remove the irrelevant bits from the files before or after import. Thanks for any help you can suggest! On Feb 24, 12:56=A0pm, Andy &...

Drop down boxes #5
Could someone assist me with adding drop downs to my spreadsheet? How d I do it ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ntrain - See my post "Default Values" the spreadsheet there has dro down boxes on it. Download the spreadsheet and you will be able to se what I did. Basically for each box I created a lsit onthe second sheet Then When I right Click on the box I got to format control, from ther I can control the cells to be browsed for the values. Good...

Only one record shows in input form
Good morning, I have created a database with Access 2003. I imported 17 records from Excel into the products table. When I open the input form to add new or correct the existing records, the input form sees only one of the 17 records. Can someone tell me why? If it will help to look at the database, I have uploaded it to: http://www.netstore02.com/db/ It is titled "trouble.mdb" Thank you for whatever help you can give me!! :>) Mary Hartman <MaryHartman@smallville.og> wrote in news:k5b1k35btmcn75o4n3nsolrt6ht6j3vlhl@4ax.com: > > Good morning, > > I h...

Extender-Adding Buyer Information to POP Blank Form Header
I have added an extender window to the Buyer Maintenance window, to include email address, phone number, fax number, etc. (Cards>Purchasing>Buyer) I would like to print this information in the Header of the POP Purchase Order Blank form. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Using V9 on SQL thanks! -- Doug There is an article, KB 904575, that has pretty good directions on adding extender fields to a report. But the article has a missing step in it. In Calculated Field 2, there should be a step 3 just like step 3 in Calculated Field 1, which changes the result type to string...

How do I copy an Excel chart with added text boxes into Word or P.
I have created a chart in Excel and added a number of text boxes on top of the chart. I need to paste the entire chart & text boxes into Word and/or Powerpoint; however by selecting the chart and copying, the text boxes are excluded. MS help suggests entering the text boxes outside the chart then moving them into the chart and grouping the chart and text boxes; however there does not seem to be the ability to group the chart with the text boxes. If you had clicked on the chart before making the textboxes, all the items would have been grouped. But you can do it later: Hold down SHI...

Pivot Table Drop Down Boxes
I want to be able to limit the drop down box content to information relevant to what I have seleced on the page. Example: I select Region A at the page selection, then open the District drop down box, and all districts countrywide are shown. I only want to see Districts to choose from in Region A. Excel 2003 - Windows XP That feature isn't available in the pivot table dropdown lists. Dave S wrote: > I want to be able to limit the drop down box content to information relevant > to what I have seleced on the page. Example: I select Region A at the page > selection, then ...

How to pass value from one form to another form.
I have the following code in BookList.aspx: <form id="form1" runat="server"> <div> <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataSourceID="LibSysDataSource" AllowPaging="True"> <Columns> <asp:BoundField DataField="AccessionNo" HeaderText="Accession No" /> <asp:BoundField DataField="Title" HeaderText="Title" SortExpression="Title&qu...

Urgent help: change outlook default conatct form
Hi all, We added several fields to contacts in the standard form (design mode). We want this form to become users' default conatct form. Also, old contacts are able to launch from this new customized form. are these possible? exchange 2003/outllokk2003/outlook 2007) Yes. This is possible. You need to change the form on the folder properties and then run a program to change the IPM form used on existing items. See the last two sections at http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/publish_form.htm for details and link to the program. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] ...

Hiding Personal Employee Information in Address Book
First off the environment is Exchange 2003 SP1 with Active Directory 2003. Basically... our HR department was granted limited access to AD to fill in user information (Home address, telephone, etc...) and I then modified the default user ACL so that any member of "Group X" in AD was denied access to seeing the above personal information. This worked on the Global Address List as well.... But now there's a problem. We've been setting up users in Cached Mode, and those users are able to see everything. I believe this has to do with the fact that Exchange is generating t...

Highlighting text using conditional formatting
Hi All I'm trying to highlight certain text in a list - namely all text that end with river, stream or creek. I've been trying to use conditional formatting but for some reason I can't seem to get it to go (I would have thought * wildcard would have done the trick but no such luck). Ideally you would have a different colour for rivers, creeks and streams. The list is like this Grey River Brash Creek Fred Stream Hell Stream Roger River Turd Creek and so on (about 3000 entries) Any ideas about how you can do this? Feedback appreciated. Thanks Mike Try this... Select the text ...

combo boxes
Also, I just can't get my headr round combo boxes. I've always managed to get it by faffing with the code, but every time I add a OnSelChangeCombo() function, I can never work out how it works, the string varialble attached always seems to be one step behind, if you know what I mean? e.g. void mydlg::OnSelChangeCombo() { MessageBox(m_sCombo); } Gives me NOT the item selected, but the item preivous displayed. I've always maanged to get it right, by faffing lots with UpdateData(TRUE)/FALSE, and but right now, I can't seem to get it right!! Can anyone shed any light? int...

Powerpoint Placeholder Text Box
I have a series of template pages with multiple text boxes. I would like all the text boxes to auto fit consistently if one needs to. It works like that on a two box that is in the basic package, but when I created a 3 box and a 4 box, they each auto fit based on the text in the individual box. I've tried grouping them in slide master, and normal view. Any ideas? ...

Search/Extract Data w/in Text File
Hello again! I am searching within a text file for the last row within the file. After I locate the row I need to separate the data and place into multiple cells on my worksheet. The code I have is as follows: Dim TextPath As String Dim DelimSrchChar As String Dim METtime As String Dim DataBuffer As Variant Dim NCData As Variant Dim DelimPos As Integer '=============================================== DelimSrchChar = "," TextPath = "C:\Temp\Formatted_NC_SN1008.txt" Open TextPath For Input As #1 'open text file for SN1008 Do While Not EOF(1) ...

Error upon exporting results of query to text file
Using Access 2000 and Windows XP Professional I have a query that, when executed, returns a substantial number of rows. This is exported to a tab delimited text file to be used in correlation with other software. I've exported the results of the query numerous times. Now, all of a sudden, when trying to export to a text file, I get a "Permission denied" error with nothing more than an "OK" button. What could be causing this? The only change made to the query in the midst of all the exporting is a change in the date range criteria. Thanks in ...

Call database property in a control on a form and in my Switchboard variables
I have a database that I have developed for multiple units to use. For reasons that I won't go into, each unit must have an individual copy of the database to store their data. BUT the databases need to be identical. So far, annoying, but no big deal. Anyway, what I am doing is creating the master copy where I get it all correct and then I will make a copy for each unit and drop their data into it... again no big deal. BUT in order to help keep them straight, I would like to have specific labels that refer to the database property Title bc the DB is on a network buried in a file more the...

Text From User Forms
Hi I am creating a user form where data is entered into text boxes. Once the operator has input data into a text box I want to use a command button on the user form to save the file. One text box will have a request date entered as the value and another will have the name of the requestor as the value. I want the command button to create the filename as these two values. Could someone offer some advice please. Thanks. Matt Matt, Activeworkbook.SaveAs filename: ="C:\your path\" & Textbox1.Text & " " & Textbox2.Text HTH Henry "Matt G" &l...

Reference to other form elements or global variables?
Hi. I have developed a budgeting application in Access 2003. It's been steadily growing when it comes to forms/sub forms etc. I have a main form with a "page" object with some 8 pages. In each page there is at least one sub form. I need values from different sub forms to be updated between pages/sub forms when they're changed. I keep calling "load" sub's to refresh sub forms values, but as the load sub's are pretty heavy sometimes, it's a lot of processing for updating just one value. As an example, the user are allowed to enter a "t...

Cancel button's ActiveControl reflects as value of text box
Hi All, On my form I have an "on exit" code to test whether its text box is "empty" or not. When I click the "Cancel" button I still get the msg that the txt box is empty. Using Debug.print to show the Me.ActiveControl gives me the value of the preceeding txt box. What I'm trying to achieve is to ignore the "empty" test if cancel has been selected by exiting the "on exit" before the msg box sub & clearly I'm misunderstanding the usage here somewhere. Hugh I'm a bit unclear what you want to accomplish... ...

Text to Columns #4
I have a list of the Fortune 1000 companies in one cell. Is there a way to convert this information into columns with: Company City State Telephone 1 Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. Bentonville, AR 479-273-4000 2 Exxon Mobil Corporation Irving, TX 972-444-1000 3 General Motors Corporation Detroit, MI 313-556-5000 4 Ford Motor Company Dearborn, MI 800-392-3673 5 General Electric Company Fairfield, CT 203-373-2211 6 ChevronTexaco Corporation San Ramon, CA 925-842-1000 7 ConocoPhillips Houston, TX 281-293-1000 8 Citigroup Inc New York, NY 212-559-1000 9 International Business Machines Corporatio...

Unable to cut text when forwarding
I have a recently new problem, when I forward a message I am unable to cut and paste or in anyway alter the original message, I am using Outlook 2007 and it only started yesterday. Any ideas please ...

publisher insists on underlining copied text ? do i remove it
I copied text from a Word Document and when it appeares in Publisher it is always underlined and i can't seem to remove the underline. Any ideas? Angelis <Angelis@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I copied text from a Word Document and when it appeares in Publisher > it is always underlined and i can't seem to remove the underline. Paste Special as Unformatted Text? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher All the text? Try "paste special", unformatted text. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.m...

Free Form Text Box in Report
Hi All, I am running a report that runs from a Make Table Query, and then into a cross tab query. The report is in a Switchboard and runs off of a Macro that opens the make table, updates based off of the dates entered, closes it, opens the cross tab. Closes it. Opens the report in print preview. I need others to run the report with no intervention so I entered a text box (as I have done before) into the header that reads: =[Enter Report Ending Date mm/dd/yyy] to allow for the ending date to appear in the header. However, this is not working. I am recieving the following error &q...

How can I hide check box created via FORMS together with column?
Hey guys, how can I hide a check box created using FORMS together with column it is placed in (or in some other way). "Move and size with cell" option is not active in object positioning for check boxes created via FORMS as opposed to those created via CONTROL TOOLBOX. Thanks, Max I think you'll have better luck (pronounced easier time!) with the checkboxes from the Control toolbox toolbar. But maybe you could have a macro that hides the columns/rows and also looks at the objects to see if they should be .visible = false. And the same kind of macro to make the checkbox&#...

Open Form with macro and data from Selected Record
I am wanting a person to open a form, and have the subform display the records that relate to the main form. This part works. I then have a continuous form view for the subform and i want the user to be able to double click on the record they see in the subform and have it pull up that record into a blank form. I get the blank form to open up when they double click, however I cannot get the data for that record to show up. I either get a blank/new record or all records. I am trying the SearchForRecord macro in an On Load Event. This loads after the form has been opened. Ac...