help with Where clause

Please tell me what's wrong with the Where clause in this SQL.  This is in
the OnLoad event of a form to populate a list box.  I've tried every
combination I can think of and either get a prompt for
tblOrders.RemainingQuantity , nothing displayed at all, or all records
including the ones with 0 remaining quantity.
The list box is set to 2 columns, bound column is 1, column widths is 0;1.
Thanks for your help!

With Me
        .OrderDate.RowSource = _
            "SELECT tblOrders.OrderID, tblOrders.Date, tblOrders.Customer "
& _
            "FROM tblOrders " & _
            "WHERE 'tblOrders.RemainingQuantity >' 0 " & _
            "ORDER BY Date; "

"Walter" <Walter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please tell me what's wrong with the Where clause in this SQL.  This is in
> the OnLoad event of a form to populate a list box.  I've tried every
> combination I can think of and either get a prompt for
> tblOrders.RemainingQuantity , nothing displayed at all, or all records
> including the ones with 0 remaining quantity.
> The list box is set to 2 columns, bound column is 1, column widths is 0;1.
> Thanks for your help!
>
> With Me
>        .OrderDate.RowSource = _
>            "SELECT tblOrders.OrderID, tblOrders.Date, tblOrders.Customer "
> & _
>            "FROM tblOrders " & _
>            "WHERE 'tblOrders.RemainingQuantity >' 0 " & _
>            "ORDER BY Date; "

Did you try:

        .OrderDate.RowSource = _
            "SELECT " & _
                "tblOrders.OrderID, tblOrders.Date, tblOrders.Customer " & _
            "FROM tblOrders " & _
            "WHERE tblOrders.RemainingQuantity > 0 " & _
            "ORDER BY tblOrders.Date; "

?

If you get a prompt for tblOrders.RemainingQuantity, that implies that there
is no field named "RemainingQuantity" in tblOrders.  You'll want to check
the spelling on that.

I notice that your query is returning three columns, but you say your list
box has only 2.  You should change one or the other.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk
1/30/2008 2:41:04 PM

"Dirk Goldgar" wrote:

> "Walter" <Walter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Please tell me what's wrong with the Where clause in this SQL.  This is in
> > the OnLoad event of a form to populate a list box.  I've tried every
> > combination I can think of and either get a prompt for
> > tblOrders.RemainingQuantity , nothing displayed at all, or all records
> > including the ones with 0 remaining quantity.
> > The list box is set to 2 columns, bound column is 1, column widths is 0;1.
> > Thanks for your help!
> >
> > With Me
> >        .OrderDate.RowSource = _
> >            "SELECT tblOrders.OrderID, tblOrders.Date, tblOrders.Customer "
> > & _
> >            "FROM tblOrders " & _
> >            "WHERE 'tblOrders.RemainingQuantity >' 0 " & _
> >            "ORDER BY Date; "
> >

> Did you try:
>
>         .OrderDate.RowSource = _
>             "SELECT " & _
>                 "tblOrders.OrderID, tblOrders.Date, tblOrders.Customer " & _
>             "FROM tblOrders " & _
>             "WHERE tblOrders.RemainingQuantity > 0 " & _
>             "ORDER BY tblOrders.Date; "
>
> ?
>
> If you get a prompt for tblOrders.RemainingQuantity, that implies that there
> is no field named "RemainingQuantity" in tblOrders.  You'll want to check
> the spelling on that.
>
> I notice that your query is returning three columns, but you say your list
> box has only 2.  You should change one or the other.
>
> --
> Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
> www.datagnostics.com
>
> (please reply to the newsgroup)

I realized I had the field name wrong.  It is "QuantityRemaining".  I've
corrected that and removed the "customer" field as it was not needed in this
list.  I have 2 list boxes with the same SQL, 1 set to display the OrderID
and the other the OrderDate.  Neither is displaying any records and when I
paste the SQL into a blank query window and try to run it I get an error
message
 "Invalid SQL statement; expected 'delete', 'insert', 'procedure', 'select',
or 'update'"
I've also tried creating the query in design view which returns the correct
records and copying that SQL into the code and still get nothing.
Here are the two as I now have them:

..OrderID.RowSource = _
            "SELECT" & _
            "tblOrders.OrderID, tblOrders.Date, QuantityRemaining" & _
            "FROM tblOrders" & _
            "WHERE (((tblOrders.QuantityRemaining) > 0))" & _
            "ORDER BY Date;"

        .OrderDate.RowSource = _
            "SELECT tblOrders.OrderID, tblOrders.Date, QuantityRemaining" & _
            "FROM tblOrders " & _
            "WHERE (tblOrders.QuantityRemaining) > 0))" & _
            "ORDER BY Date;"

Thanks again for your help!
Walter

> I realized I had the field name wrong.  It is "QuantityRemaining".  I've
> corrected that and removed the "customer" field as it was not needed in
> this
> list.  I have 2 list boxes with the same SQL, 1 set to display the OrderID
> and the other the OrderDate.  Neither is displaying any records and when I
> paste the SQL into a blank query window and try to run it I get an error
> message
> "Invalid SQL statement; expected 'delete', 'insert', 'procedure',
> 'select',
> or 'update'"

I'm not sure what happened there, since I can't see exactly what you put in
the query window.  I suspect that you didn't correctly transform what I
wrote from its VBA form to a straight SQL form, removing all quotes,
concatenation operators, and continuation characters.

> I've also tried creating the query in design view which returns the
> correct
> records and copying that SQL into the code and still get nothing.
> Here are the two as I now have them:
>
> .OrderID.RowSource = _
>            "SELECT" & _
>            "tblOrders.OrderID, tblOrders.Date, QuantityRemaining" & _
>            "FROM tblOrders" & _
>            "WHERE (((tblOrders.QuantityRemaining) > 0))" & _
>            "ORDER BY Date;"
>
>        .OrderDate.RowSource = _
>            "SELECT tblOrders.OrderID, tblOrders.Date, QuantityRemaining" &
> _
>            "FROM tblOrders " & _
>            "WHERE (tblOrders.QuantityRemaining) > 0))" & _
>            "ORDER BY Date;"

From the looks of it, you're missing some necessary spaces between keywords,
and you need to clarify that you want to order by the (badly-named) "Date"
field, not the VBA Date function.  Try this:

    .OrderID.RowSource = _
        "SELECT " & _
            "tblOrders.OrderID, tblOrders.Date, QuantityRemaining " & _
        "FROM tblOrders " & _
        "WHERE (((tblOrders.QuantityRemaining) > 0)) " & _
        "ORDER BY tblOrders.Date;"

    .OrderDate.RowSource = _
        "SELECT tblOrders.OrderID, tblOrders.Date, QuantityRemaining " & _
        "FROM tblOrders " & _
        "WHERE (tblOrders.QuantityRemaining) > 0)) " & _
        "ORDER BY tblOrders.Date;"

Note that, on the continued lines of the SQL strings, there's a space before
the close of the quoted literal.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk
2/1/2008 2:32:19 PM
I guess the problem was with the "Date" field.  I originally had spaces
before the quotes and I was trying all possibilities I could think of.
Anyway, I changed the "Order By" line to tblOrders.Date as you suggested and
that solved the problem.
I'll probably go back and change that to OrderDate as it should be.  Thanks
for calling that to my attention.
Walter

"Dirk Goldgar" wrote:

> "Walter" <Walter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >

> > I realized I had the field name wrong.  It is "QuantityRemaining".  I've
> > corrected that and removed the "customer" field as it was not needed in
> > this
> > list.  I have 2 list boxes with the same SQL, 1 set to display the OrderID
> > and the other the OrderDate.  Neither is displaying any records and when I
> > paste the SQL into a blank query window and try to run it I get an error
> > message
> > "Invalid SQL statement; expected 'delete', 'insert', 'procedure',
> > 'select',
> > or 'update'"
>
> I'm not sure what happened there, since I can't see exactly what you put in
> the query window.  I suspect that you didn't correctly transform what I
> wrote from its VBA form to a straight SQL form, removing all quotes,
> concatenation operators, and continuation characters.
>
> > I've also tried creating the query in design view which returns the
> > correct
> > records and copying that SQL into the code and still get nothing.
> > Here are the two as I now have them:
> >
> > .OrderID.RowSource = _
> >            "SELECT" & _
> >            "tblOrders.OrderID, tblOrders.Date, QuantityRemaining" & _
> >            "FROM tblOrders" & _
> >            "WHERE (((tblOrders.QuantityRemaining) > 0))" & _
> >            "ORDER BY Date;"
> >
> >        .OrderDate.RowSource = _
> >            "SELECT tblOrders.OrderID, tblOrders.Date, QuantityRemaining" &
> > _
> >            "FROM tblOrders " & _
> >            "WHERE (tblOrders.QuantityRemaining) > 0))" & _
> >            "ORDER BY Date;"
> >

> From the looks of it, you're missing some necessary spaces between keywords,
> and you need to clarify that you want to order by the (badly-named) "Date"
> field, not the VBA Date function.  Try this:
>
>     .OrderID.RowSource = _
>         "SELECT " & _
>             "tblOrders.OrderID, tblOrders.Date, QuantityRemaining " & _
>         "FROM tblOrders " & _
>         "WHERE (((tblOrders.QuantityRemaining) > 0)) " & _
>         "ORDER BY tblOrders.Date;"
>
>     .OrderDate.RowSource = _
>         "SELECT tblOrders.OrderID, tblOrders.Date, QuantityRemaining " & _
>         "FROM tblOrders " & _
>         "WHERE (tblOrders.QuantityRemaining) > 0)) " & _
>         "ORDER BY tblOrders.Date;"
>
> Note that, on the continued lines of the SQL strings, there's a space before
> the close of the quoted literal.
>
> --
> Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
> www.datagnostics.com
>
> (please reply to the newsgroup)

With those two List boxes working, is it possible to have other list boxes to
display the other fields of the table where the OrderID matches the OrderID
of the first or second List box? I believe I could do away with the OrderID
list box since I'm not interested in the OrderID only the OrderDate and the
other corresponding information.  Since the OrderID is the bound column in
the OrderDate list, I should be able to limit the other lists to the orders
where the OrderID matches.  Is this correct?  If so, I need some advice as
how to write this Where clause.  Here is what I've tried for 2 of the other
lists.  They are showing all records in order by the OrderID and not limiting
or matching the other lists.
..Customer.RowSource = _
            "SELECT tblOrders.OrderID, tblCustomers.CustomerName " & _
            "FROM tblCustomers INNER JOIN tblOrders ON
[tblCustomers].[CustomerID]=[tblOrders].[Customer] " & _
            "WHERE 'tblOrders.OrderID =' &
[forms]![frmOutstandingLimeOrders]![OrderID];"

        .PONumber.RowSource = _
            "SELECT tblOrders.OrderID, tblOrders.PONumber " & _
            "FROM tblOrders " & _
            "WHERE 'tblOrders.OrderID =' &
[forms]![frmOutstandingLimeOrders]![OrderDate];"
Walter

"Dirk Goldgar" wrote:

> "Walter" <Walter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >

> > I realized I had the field name wrong.  It is "QuantityRemaining".  I've
> > corrected that and removed the "customer" field as it was not needed in
> > this
> > list.  I have 2 list boxes with the same SQL, 1 set to display the OrderID
> > and the other the OrderDate.  Neither is displaying any records and when I
> > paste the SQL into a blank query window and try to run it I get an error
> > message
> > "Invalid SQL statement; expected 'delete', 'insert', 'procedure',
> > 'select',
> > or 'update'"
>
> I'm not sure what happened there, since I can't see exactly what you put in
> the query window.  I suspect that you didn't correctly transform what I
> wrote from its VBA form to a straight SQL form, removing all quotes,
> concatenation operators, and continuation characters.
>
> > I've also tried creating the query in design view which returns the
> > correct
> > records and copying that SQL into the code and still get nothing.
> > Here are the two as I now have them:
> >
> > .OrderID.RowSource = _
> >            "SELECT" & _
> >            "tblOrders.OrderID, tblOrders.Date, QuantityRemaining" & _
> >            "FROM tblOrders" & _
> >            "WHERE (((tblOrders.QuantityRemaining) > 0))" & _
> >            "ORDER BY Date;"
> >
> >        .OrderDate.RowSource = _
> >            "SELECT tblOrders.OrderID, tblOrders.Date, QuantityRemaining" &
> > _
> >            "FROM tblOrders " & _
> >            "WHERE (tblOrders.QuantityRemaining) > 0))" & _
> >            "ORDER BY Date;"
> >

> From the looks of it, you're missing some necessary spaces between keywords,
> and you need to clarify that you want to order by the (badly-named) "Date"
> field, not the VBA Date function.  Try this:
>
>     .OrderID.RowSource = _
>         "SELECT " & _
>             "tblOrders.OrderID, tblOrders.Date, QuantityRemaining " & _
>         "FROM tblOrders " & _
>         "WHERE (((tblOrders.QuantityRemaining) > 0)) " & _
>         "ORDER BY tblOrders.Date;"
>
>     .OrderDate.RowSource = _
>         "SELECT tblOrders.OrderID, tblOrders.Date, QuantityRemaining " & _
>         "FROM tblOrders " & _
>         "WHERE (tblOrders.QuantityRemaining) > 0)) " & _
>         "ORDER BY tblOrders.Date;"
>
> Note that, on the continued lines of the SQL strings, there's a space before
> the close of the quoted literal.
>
> --
> Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
> www.datagnostics.com
>
> (please reply to the newsgroup)

After sleeping on it I realized I could include all the fields in multiple
columns in one list box.
Thanks again!
Walter

"Walter" wrote:

> [...]
> > >            "FROM tblOrders " & _
> > >            "WHERE (tblOrders.QuantityRemaining) > 0))" & _
> > >            "ORDER BY Date;"
> > >

> > From the looks of it, you're missing some necessary spaces between keywords,
> > and you need to clarify that you want to order by the (badly-named) "Date"
> > field, not the VBA Date function.  Try this:
> >
> >     .OrderID.RowSource = _
> >         "SELECT " & _
> >             "tblOrders.OrderID, tblOrders.Date, QuantityRemaining " & _
> >         "FROM tblOrders " & _
> >         "WHERE (((tblOrders.QuantityRemaining) > 0)) " & _
> >         "ORDER BY tblOrders.Date;"
> >
> >     .OrderDate.RowSource = _
> >         "SELECT tblOrders.OrderID, tblOrders.Date, QuantityRemaining " & _
> >         "FROM tblOrders " & _
> >         "WHERE (tblOrders.QuantityRemaining) > 0)) " & _
> >         "ORDER BY tblOrders.Date;"
> >
> > Note that, on the continued lines of the SQL strings, there's a space before

Is there a way to attach a xslt template to a xsltargumentlist? please help!
in C#, I use the following way to do transform, the I assign my extension object to the xslArg, so in xsl, I can call functions in the extension object. Now, I want functions in the extension object to call template in the xsl, this way I can put some customized code into the template. I think it is reasonable, but I don;t know how to do it, anyone has some idea on this? Thanks. xslt.Transform(xmlDoc, xslArg, textHTML, null); david wrote: > in C#, I use the following way to do transform, the I assign my extension > object to the xslArg, so in xsl, I can call functions in the extens...

Microsoft Excel Help
Why are they called arguments when creating an Excel function? i need to no for a Excel test! what makes them arguments? Hi if you mean the 'parameteres' of a function how would you call them otherwise :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "martz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0b2601c4d8e5$c05f7bd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Why are they called arguments when creating an Excel > function? i need to no for a Excel test! what makes them > arguments? ...

Need help grouping charts
I have identical charts which occur on multiple sheets. Is there any wa to group them for editing? When I group the sheets themselves, it seems to deactivate the charts I tried doing it with a macro as an alternative and then flipping th sheets one by one and keying the macro, but I get a message box with: "Run-time error 1004", "Unable to get the ChartObjects property of th worksheet class". Does anyone have any ideas -- Izz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Izzy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getin...

Help with Now()
Hi, I am creating a spreadsheet and I need to have a cell and that record the date and time each row is entered seperately. The problem I have at the moment is whenever I add a new row of data i updates the previous rows time? does any one have any suggestions on how to stop this happening? thank -- sydoll ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sydolly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2712 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46697 Now() is a volatile function and will change ev...

DB Mail is is not working. Need help please.
I have try stop and start the db mail by executing the SPs below but no luck. Does anyone has seem the error below and how to fix it. Thanks in advance for your advise/help. --steps USE msdb; go EXECute sysmail_stop_sp; go EXECute sysmail_start_sp; go EXECute sysmail_help_queue_sp @queue_type = 'Mail'; go queue_type length state last_empty_rowset_time last_activated_time ---------- ----------- ---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------- ------------...

Help with Raw Stock Data Collection
Is it possible to have Excel search through 1 minute raw data and be able to determine if the price moves between a certain boundary for a certain time then it will be classified as "Type 1". And if it is increasing for a certain time then it will be "Type 2" and likewise for when it is decreasing. I want Excel to be able to automatically search through the raw data and determine what is the type of state without myself having to manually pinpoint it on the chart then going back and doing a manual search and calculation in Excel. Only issue is that the exact number determi...

Third request for help with Payables Error message!
Ok I have posted this for the third time with no response! I need help to know if there is any kind of issue on the back end of our environment. If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated! We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a ...

HELP
I just wrote a check to the IRS, and in the Expense Catagory I indicated "Taxes : Federal Income Tax". Yet in the Income/Expense report, this payment is not included in my total federal taxes paid for this month. I should note that the check was written from an Investment Account. If I write the check from my checking account, the amount correctly shows up in the Income/Expense report. Any ideas as to why it works differently, depending on which account I pay the tax from? In microsoft.public.money, Tom wrote: >I just wrote a check to the IRS, and in the Expense Cat...

Calendar/Dates Help
Hi All, I have an excel spreadsheet that lists every date in the year, with a particular code in the next cell. IE: Monday 3/01/2005 11M 22M 32M Tuesday 4/01/2005 11T 22T 32T Wednes 5/01/2005 11W 22W 32W Thursday 6/01/2005 11H 22H 32H Friday 7/01/2005 11F 22F 32F Saturday 8/01/2005 11S 22S 32S Sunday 9/01/2005 11N 22N 32N Monday 10/01/2005 11M 21M 33M Tuesday 11/01/2005 11T 21T 33T Wednes 12/01/2005 11W 21W 33W Thursday 13/01/2005 11H 21H 33H Friday 14/01/2005 11F 21F 33F What I need is to be able to search by the code eg "33T" and have all the dates listed for ...

Urgent help with CStringArray
Hello, i need to return a CStringArray from a class method, but CStringArray (and CStringList also) doesn't have a copy constructor! I want avoid memory allocation within the metod because I don't want to force the class user to deallocate pointers... this is the piece of code: const CStringArray MyClass::MyMethod() { CStringArray StrArray; for (...) StrArray.Add("something"); return StrArray; // this will generate a missing copy constructor compile error } Thank you, Gaetano Sferra "Gaetano Sferra" <rebusmail@iol.it> wrote in messag...

vlookup help #3
hello, I cant figure out the proper syntax for the attached workbook. Th first 8 options on worksheet two work perfectly ( ie when checked, the appear on worksheet 3) I dont know how to apply the formula of th first 8 options to the rest of the checkboxes. Can someone please help me figure out how to do this? Thanks i advance. Aladdi Attachment filename: start order2.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=46674 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Right-click on the sheet tab for the Options worksheet. Select View ...

Bill Pay Help
I just signed up for Bill Pay (I have Money 2005), I'm not sure how to coordinate Bill Pay with my Bills list and my checking account register. It makes a separate Bill Pay register, but won't allow me to merge it with my checking account (as Help suggests). Tech support was completely useless, in fact it seems they're in a hurry to get us off the phone. ...

Just Help Me
Hello All . . . Please answer the questionary in the following URI http://nees.awardspace.com/ Thanks a lot . . . :D Post the question here, and we might. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "CorfuVBProgrammer" <merianosnikos@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1167902152.017496.205590@11g2000cwr.googlegroups.com... > Hello All . . . > > Please answer the questionary in the following URI > > http://nees.awardspace.com/ > > Thanks a lot . . . :D > ...

Help revising slow code
I am using the following code to remove all the lines in a worksheet that have a zero value in Column H. Because there are thousands of rows in the worksheet, this loop takes forever! Does anyone have any suggestions for doing this more quickly? Thanks! Sub Delete_Row_w0() Dim Firstrow As Long Dim LastRow As Long Dim Lrow As Long Dim CalcMode As Long Dim ViewMode As Long With Application CalcMode = .Calculation .Calculation = xlCalculationManual .ScreenUpdating = False End With With Sheets(1) .Select ...

Need Help
Query: Say i have multiple sheets dated 04/01/10 to 04/30/10, each contain names, say A, B, C, D, etc... but these name does not appear in the same order in each sheet. Now data is in time format in front of A, B, C, D, etc. Eg. in sheet 04/01/10 A1 B1 A 1:00:00 D 1:53:00 C 2:45:00 like this data in other sheet till 04/30/10. Now in a new sheet i want this data to be collated in time format in front of the individual sorted in Alphabetical order. Also it should give me the Sum of the data. Is it possible and how? Thanks in advance for the help!...

corrupted PST file
Hi, I have Outlook 98, running on XP, on a PII 400Mghz Dell desktop. My PST file is about 1.95GB. It has been running extremely slow, and has had to be restarted a bunch of times in the past 2 weeks. Yesterday, it gave an error that the PST file was corrupted, and that PST file need to have the Inbox Repair Tool run on the file, and then the system restarted. I ran the Inbox Repair Tool on the PST, and it did not work. I am totally unable to use the file, which has all my critical contacts and emails. If someone could help out, I would be MOST grateful.... I pulling my friggin ...

Autofilter help
Hi all I have 4 columns of data with an auto filter on - all ok I then reduce my selection so I finally only have one row of data - all ok Not ok: Problem: Is there an easy way that I can copy the data in the top row of the filter, to another worksheet page - so if the filter is changed so top line shows new result - still copies over the data in the top row of the filter. Bearing in mind that the top row could be I.E. Originally Row 8 or 108 depending on the selection. Autofilter Line = 1 2 3 4 eg Result of A/F a a a a <== copy the result of this line to dif...

Help need for .net assembly in Workflow manager
A simple code (given below) creates a task thro' .net assembly . I invoked this code via console application & found that it is running fine. It is creating task in CRM successfully. The problem is : when I included it in Work flow manager, it displays that "task completed" in workflow monitor but it is not creating a task in CRM . using System; using System.IO; using TaskCreation.CRMWeb; namespace TaskCreation { /// <summary> /// Summary description for Class1. /// </summary> public class Class1 { public Class1() { // // TODO: Add construc...

Help Locking Worksheet
I inherited a workbook that has several sheets, have gone thru and mad changes and now when I lock it I cannot go from the last table cell o the first row to the second row. Tabbing will just continue you out o the same row. I want to be on cell BD3, hit tab and go to C5. Does the fact that I have the to & leftmost cells frozen have anythin to do with this? How can I fix it -- jlabshe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jlabsher's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1556 View this thread: http://www.excelfo...

Help: Seting the value of another cell with a formula
I know that there's a way to make a cell a particular value based on the entries of a range, or array of cells, but is it possible to do the reverse, using only one formula in a cell. Here's what I'm trying to do: What I would like to do is set one of a range of cell to have a value based on the value in A2. Example: Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2007. I want A10 to equal A1, i.e.:2 Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2008. I want A11 to equal A1, i.e.:2 Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2009. I want A12 to equal...

How Many Days Since... Formula -Help
Hi, can anyone help? I have a spreadsheet tracking several different Departments in our company and how often they have an accident. I need to track how many days they go without an accident. So if Dept A had their latest accident yesterday. And if someone opens the spreadsheet in 3 days, it should say "4 days w/o an accident for Dept A. I'm sure this can be done, I just have no idea how :roll: Thanks in advance, Scotty Assuming 8/5/2003 is the start date... =TODAY()-"8/8/2003"&" Days w/o an accident for Dept A" Lance >-----Original Message----- &...

Need help in generating a report.
I have a spreadsheet (Sheet1) that summarizes all of my contracts. Column A contains the name of my clients for whom I do several jobs for. Column B contains the name of the contract. Column C contains a flag to indicate the job has been completed. Column F contains the profit/loss amount for that job. I only have a handful of clients but several contracts with each. On Sheet 2, I would like to have a report that sorts all of my contracts by clients, along with the name, amount each one made or lost, and then have a total for each client. The report should look something similar to this.....

NEED HELP/SQL UPGRADE/PLEASE!
Tried to upgrade to 2.0 last night, and am running into a major difficulty getting SO Admin to talk to SQL Server 2005. My error message is "SQL Server does not exist or access denied. Connection open (Connect())" I have been on the phone with Microsoft Tech Support for most of the day (and we have been running the store without a computer, which is no mean feat). Have installed and removed SQL 2005 several times, checked to make sure everything is running and started, that everything that is supposed to be is enabled.....any insights out there? By the way, it would be a goo...

help w/converting pub 2003 to pub 2000
I am in great need of assistance converting a publisher 2003 file to publisher 2000 by tomorrow!!! Can anyone help me?? Thanks Niki Holton Niki Holton wrote: > I am in great need of assistance converting a publisher 2003 file to > publisher 2000 by tomorrow!!! Can anyone help me?? > > > Thanks > > Niki Holton magrat (underscore) garlick (at) hotmail (dot) com. -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/ ...

Weeknum function help
Hello, I am trying to show the current week and using this formula: =WEEKNUM(TODAY())-1, someday it works, somday it doesn't (return "#NAME?"). Why is that? Is there other alternative? Thanks Hi, The WEEKNIM function requires the analysis toolpak to be loaded in versions priot to E2007 so I guess sometimes it's running on a machine where it isn't loaded. To load it Tools|Addins and check 'Analysis Toolpak' -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still suf...