Help with RecordSetClone

Hello,

this is my first attempt at using recordsetclone to look at the same field
on a continuous form and update the field.  I have looked at other examples
on this forum and put together the below code but I keep getting an "invalid
argument 3001 error" when it reaches the first .FindNext.

With Me!subfrmPersons.Form.RecordsetClone

    .Bookmark = Me!subfrmPersons.Form.Bookmark
    .FindNext Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB]
     MsgBox Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB] 'for testing only
    If Not IsNull(Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB]) Then Me!subfrmPersons.Form!
 [Age] = DateDiff("yyyy", Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB],
[Forms]![frmMainEntry]![DateOccd]) - IIf(Format(Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB],
"mmdd") > _
            Format([Forms]![frmMainEntry]![DateOccd], "mmdd"), 1, 0)

        If .NoMatch Then
            .FindFirst Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB]
If Not IsNull(Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB]) Then Me!subfrmPersons.Form![Age]
= DateDiff("yyyy", Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB],
[Forms]![frmMainEntry]![DateOccd]) - IIf(Format(Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB],
"mmdd") > _
            Format([Forms]![frmMainEntry]![DateOccd], "mmdd"), 1, 0)

        End If

    If .NoMatch Then
        MsgBox "No additional DOB's Found"
        Else
        Me.Bookmark = .Bookmark
    End If

 End With

"Lloyd" <Lloyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> this is my first attempt at using recordsetclone to look at the same field
> on a continuous form and update the field.  I have looked at other
> examples
> on this forum and put together the below code but I keep getting an
> "invalid
> argument 3001 error" when it reaches the first .FindNext.
>
> With Me!subfrmPersons.Form.RecordsetClone
>
>    .Bookmark = Me!subfrmPersons.Form.Bookmark
>    .FindNext Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB]
>     MsgBox Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB] 'for testing only
>    If Not IsNull(Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB]) Then Me!subfrmPersons.Form!
> [Age] = DateDiff("yyyy", Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB],
> [Forms]![frmMainEntry]![DateOccd]) -
> IIf(Format(Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB],
> "mmdd") > _
>            Format([Forms]![frmMainEntry]![DateOccd], "mmdd"), 1, 0)
>

>        If .NoMatch Then
>            .FindFirst Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB]
> If Not IsNull(Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB]) Then
> Me!subfrmPersons.Form![Age]
> = DateDiff("yyyy", Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB],
> [Forms]![frmMainEntry]![DateOccd]) -
> IIf(Format(Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB],
> "mmdd") > _
>            Format([Forms]![frmMainEntry]![DateOccd], "mmdd"), 1, 0)
>
>        End If
>
>    If .NoMatch Then
>        MsgBox "No additional DOB's Found"
>        Else
>        Me.Bookmark = .Bookmark
>    End If
>
> End With

Your argument to .FindNext needs to specify a complete conditional
expression that can be evaluated as True or False.  For example,

    .FindNext "DOB = " & _
            Format(Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB], "\#mm\/dd\/yyyy\#")

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk
1/25/2010 4:56:14 PM

"Dirk Goldgar" wrote:

> "Lloyd" <Lloyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > this is my first attempt at using recordsetclone to look at the same field
> > on a continuous form and update the field.  I have looked at other
> > examples
> > on this forum and put together the below code but I keep getting an
> > "invalid
> > argument 3001 error" when it reaches the first .FindNext.
> >
> > With Me!subfrmPersons.Form.RecordsetClone
> >
> >    .Bookmark = Me!subfrmPersons.Form.Bookmark
> >    .FindNext Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB]
> >     MsgBox Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB] 'for testing only
> >    If Not IsNull(Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB]) Then Me!subfrmPersons.Form!
> > [Age] = DateDiff("yyyy", Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB],
> > [Forms]![frmMainEntry]![DateOccd]) -
> > IIf(Format(Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB],
> > "mmdd") > _
> >            Format([Forms]![frmMainEntry]![DateOccd], "mmdd"), 1, 0)
> >

> >        If .NoMatch Then
> >            .FindFirst Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB]
> > If Not IsNull(Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB]) Then
> > Me!subfrmPersons.Form![Age]
> > = DateDiff("yyyy", Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB],
> > [Forms]![frmMainEntry]![DateOccd]) -
> > IIf(Format(Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB],
> > "mmdd") > _
> >            Format([Forms]![frmMainEntry]![DateOccd], "mmdd"), 1, 0)
> >
> >        End If
> >
> >    If .NoMatch Then
> >        MsgBox "No additional DOB's Found"
> >        Else
> >        Me.Bookmark = .Bookmark
> >    End If
> >
> > End With
>

> Your argument to .FindNext needs to specify a complete conditional
> expression that can be evaluated as True or False.  For example,
>
>     .FindNext "DOB = " & _
>             Format(Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB], "\#mm\/dd\/yyyy\#")
>

> --
> Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
> Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html
>
> (please reply to the newsgroup)

Dirk,

thank you, that did it, but I have one more quesiton if you can guide me.
when I run the code now, it finds the first DOB field, but it doesnt find the
next one on the next record on the form. Am I missing something?  I have
posted code thats a bit more cleaned up.

With Me!subfrmPersons.Form.RecordsetClone

    .Bookmark = Me!subfrmPersons.Form.Bookmark
    .FindNext "DOB = " & Format(Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB],
"\#mm\/dd\/yyyy\#")
     MsgBox Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB] 'for testing only

        If .NoMatch Then
            .FindFirst "DOB = " & Format(Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB],
"\#mm\/dd\/yyyy\#")
            MsgBox Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB] 'for testing only
        End If

    If .NoMatch Then
        MsgBox "No additional DOB's Found"
        Else
        Me!subfrmPersons.Form.Bookmark = .Bookmark

> thank you, that did it, but I have one more quesiton if you can guide me.
> when I run the code now, it finds the first DOB field, but it doesnt find
> the
> next one on the next record on the form. Am I missing something?  I have
> posted code thats a bit more cleaned up.
>
> With Me!subfrmPersons.Form.RecordsetClone
>
>    .Bookmark = Me!subfrmPersons.Form.Bookmark
>    .FindNext "DOB = " & Format(Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB],
> "\#mm\/dd\/yyyy\#")
>     MsgBox Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB] 'for testing only
>
>        If .NoMatch Then
>            .FindFirst "DOB = " & Format(Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB],
> "\#mm\/dd\/yyyy\#")
>            MsgBox Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB] 'for testing only
>        End If
>
>    If .NoMatch Then
>        MsgBox "No additional DOB's Found"
>        Else
>        Me!subfrmPersons.Form.Bookmark = .Bookmark
>    End If
>
> End With

There's no looping in the code you posted, so it's naturally going to stop
after the first iteration.  You would have to either (a) start with a
..FindFirst and continue with .FindNext until the .NoMatch condition is True,
or else (b) start at the current record, loop forward with .FindNext until
..NoMatch, then return to the start of the recordset with .FindFirst, then
continue with .FindNext until you come to the current record again.  The
former is certainly simpler and easier to code.

But what exactly is it that you are trying to do?  While recordsets are very
useful, most operations that loop through recordsets to update a field in
each record can be implemented more efficiently as a single update query.
Furthermore, the code you originally posted seems to be intended to update
an Age field based on DOB, and age is a concept that is usually better
represented as a calculated field, rather than a stored one, so that it is
always correct and needs no special update process.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk
1/25/2010 5:53:46 PM

"Dirk Goldgar" wrote:

> "Lloyd" <Lloyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > thank you, that did it, but I have one more quesiton if you can guide me.
> > when I run the code now, it finds the first DOB field, but it doesnt find
> > the
> > next one on the next record on the form. Am I missing something?  I have
> > posted code thats a bit more cleaned up.
> >
> > With Me!subfrmPersons.Form.RecordsetClone
> >
> >    .Bookmark = Me!subfrmPersons.Form.Bookmark
> >    .FindNext "DOB = " & Format(Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB],
> > "\#mm\/dd\/yyyy\#")
> >     MsgBox Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB] 'for testing only
> >
> >        If .NoMatch Then
> >            .FindFirst "DOB = " & Format(Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB],
> > "\#mm\/dd\/yyyy\#")
> >            MsgBox Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB] 'for testing only
> >        End If
> >
> >    If .NoMatch Then
> >        MsgBox "No additional DOB's Found"
> >        Else
> >        Me!subfrmPersons.Form.Bookmark = .Bookmark
> >    End If
> >
> > End With
>

> There's no looping in the code you posted, so it's naturally going to stop
> after the first iteration.  You would have to either (a) start with a
> .FindFirst and continue with .FindNext until the .NoMatch condition is True,
> or else (b) start at the current record, loop forward with .FindNext until
> .NoMatch, then return to the start of the recordset with .FindFirst, then
> continue with .FindNext until you come to the current record again.  The
> former is certainly simpler and easier to code.
>
> But what exactly is it that you are trying to do?  While recordsets are very
> useful, most operations that loop through recordsets to update a field in
> each record can be implemented more efficiently as a single update query.
> Furthermore, the code you originally posted seems to be intended to update
> an Age field based on DOB, and age is a concept that is usually better
> represented as a calculated field, rather than a stored one, so that it is
> always correct and needs no special update process.
>
> --
> Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
> Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html
>
> (please reply to the newsgroup)

Dirk,

Thanks agian for your quick response.  I would agree that age is better
calculated instead of stored, but in this case we need to store the age field
as we need the age at the time of the incident and not the current age.  I
think you are correct and that I need to look at some type of query instead
of looing through the records.  I found some other code on how to move to the
next record, but I find its not working, because there are required fields in
the record that have not been completed which is why it wont move to the next
record.  So I need to rethink how I'm approaching this and look at an update
query instead of going through the form.

thanks again for your help and suggestions.

> I would agree that age is better
> calculated instead of stored, but in this case we need to store the age
> field
> as we need the age at the time of the incident and not the current age.

And do you not have the time of the incident stored?

> think you are correct and that I need to look at some type of query
> instead
> of looing through the records.  I found some other code on how to move to
> the
> next record, but I find its not working, because there are required fields
> in
> the record that have not been completed which is why it wont move to the
> next
> record.  So I need to rethink how I'm approaching this and look at an
> update
> query instead of going through the form.

That may be best, if you really need to store the age, but be aware that if
you have a dirty record in the form, when that record is saved you will
inevitably overwrite whatever version of that same record was previously
stored in the table.  I don't know enough about what you're trying to do to
give more detailed advice.

> thanks again for your help and suggestions.

You're welcome.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk
1/25/2010 6:31:44 PM
If you need the age at the time of the incident, it can be calculated from
the DOB and the date of the incident it can still be a calculated field in a
query

> [...]
> calculated instead of stored, but in this case we need to store the age
> field
> as we need the age at the time of the incident and not the current age.  I
> think you are correct and that I need to look at some type of query
> instead
> of looing through the records.  I found some other code on how to move to
> the
> next record, but I find its not working, because there are required fields
> in
> the record that have not been completed which is why it wont move to the
> next
> record.  So I need to rethink how I'm approaching this and look at an
> update
> query instead of going through the form.
>
> thanks again for your help and suggestions.

Chegu

sorting help?
Hi- I have a single workbook with multiple worksheets. All link to eachother. I would like to sort ALL the information at once. Can I do this? example of gradebook: I would like to put names in alphabetical order if I add a new student. I have a sheet that is for Daily Participation, Attendance and Testing and want to sort ALL information in each sheet. ...

POP3 Account Confusion---Plz help
I am having Exchange 5.5 in my company. We have outsourced our Web Server to some other company who manages it. On that webserver we have POP accounts. From there mails come to Exchange in our company. I am a new comer.Plz first tell me why they have done so? So during configuration of the MS Outlook for users what settings I need to do so that email facility works fine. Please help in detail. >-----Original Message----- >I am having Exchange 5.5 in my company. >We have outsourced our Web Server to some other company who manages it. >On that webserver we have POP accounts. ...

I really need your help on Crystal Reports
Hi all, I've a serious problem with Crystal Reports. I've a crm server which on a local network (IP: 10.10.X.X). I can use the web application through Internet with an IP like 62.210.X.X (it goes through a router which do NAT). The problem is that I'm not capable to see reports list in CRM when I access the CRM through Internet (it works in the local network). I've this particulary stupid message about lack ok license... I already try the problem resolution in the Crystal FAQ unsuccesfully. The router and the firwall let the port 6401 free. I think it must be resolved...

Help #30
Hi, I have a row of data that I need to find a minimum value and a maximum value. That's done. Now, I have to delete both the minimum and maximum values from the row. Can you tell me how to easily do this? I have a larg :confused: e worksheet with many rows, so Edit+Find really won't help. -- only1joal ------------------------------------------------------------------------ only1joal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24589 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=381823 Assume data is in Sheet1, in row1 down ...

Need help troubleshooting odd Exch behaviour
Gurus, I need guidance in troubleshooting some odd issues that started yesterday. They seem so unrelated, I have no idea even where to begin. I'm using Exchange 2003sp2 on Server2k3, all Outlook clients are 2003, and I support about 25 email users. The *only* modifications I've made to Exchange were this Tuesday morning past (8/1/06). The mailstore had dismounted because it had reached the database size limit (25GB). I adjusted the new size limit to be 40GB and then remounted the store, but did not restart the machine, or take any other actions. About 24 hours ago I started ha...

please help!!! Unable to delete emails
NAVCE deleted the edb.log file from my \exchsrvr directory. We were able to do a hard restore to get it back up but we have several emails in users inboxes that cannot be opened. When you double-click the email you get a 'can't open this item' error. It appears something did not synch properly during the restore but my email is now up and running. I personally have a couple dozen emails in my inbox from 9am - 2pm yesterday that I cannot open and get that message. How can I permanently delete those emails??? Getting them back would be nice but I don't want to ri...

Need help with Network Packet filtering (IDS)
Hi, I need a network packet filtering SDK for Windows using which I'd be able to sniff packets over the network and block them after inspection. I need this for an Intrusion Detection system I'm planning to develop. The SDK should provide me with APIs (no matter user mode or kernel mode) to read incoming packets, I'll do a content search over the packet data and decide whether the packet should be dropped or forwarded ahead. Due to shortage of time, I cannot opt for writing an NDIS Intermediate driver on my own. I've found the following 3 SDKs until now: 1. Wi...

Help with HTML emails in outlook
Hello, Can someone describe the best and most reliable way to compose and send an HTML email in outlook? Outlook Express has an Import Text From File feature that regular Outlook does not have. Ideally, I would like to create an HTML email template and use that for the email but I'm having problems producing a method that is consistantly reliable. Using MS Word Send to feature results in (crappy) HTML. Copy and paste into an HTML formatted Outlook message does not include the graphics. Note: This is for an internal disctribution. Not spam or email marketing. Your help is greatly appre...

How to export tasks ? pls help
Hi, How do i export and import tasks using MS outlook? I did export of my mailbox and when i import it the task does not come? Are tasks included when you run Import/Export Wizard using MS Outlook? thanks In news:B09D3EAF-C4C7-4D45-BAC5-D1DC39DE4794@microsoft.com, Jack Dorson <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > How do i export and import tasks using MS outlook? > > I did export of my mailbox and when i import it the task does not > come? > > Are tasks included when you run Import/Export Wizard using MS Outlook? > > thanks Hi - this ...

Head scratchin for hours.... Help with a formula please...
1 workbook-54 sheets. One sheet per week. On that sheet I need a way to track state mileage. 48 states. might be in a state 6 or 7 times and the all of the other states I am in then a running total for each state each week..... HELP!!!!!!! -- Bill Needham GSSComputers tried the =INDEX(A2:B5,MATCH("AL",A2:B5,0),2) works great for one entry for a state. When I enter more mileage for that state it only returns the fist entry. I need it to total up the mileage for each state entry... -- Bill Needham GSSComputers "Bill Needham" wrote: > 1 workb...

outlook wont print attachment details
Hi We have a few copies of office 2003 here and all except one will print the attachment details (ie file names) on the printout (ie when you simply print an email in memo format) I've searched high and low for an option or tickbox but I cant figure out how to get it to work.......................HELP!!! Thanks :) P.S. I've also tried running outlook in cleanviews and firstrun modes with no success. :( -- englishdad Anyone?? I guess this isn't a common problem then?? :( -- englishdad ...

Pics in Pub 2000 docs are distorted when view in Pub 2003? Help?
Some pictures that are on pages in my Publisher 2000 documents are showing up distorted when I open the document/file in Publisher 2003. Any ideas? These are embedded pics. Thanks. WordArt? WordArt objects in a Publisher 2000 publication may appear distorted when opened in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;826358 Can you adjust the images? Or re-insert? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CLC" <CLC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CCE5A98-E8B3-4F...

Publisher and PDF help...
I am trying to find a solution to my delima. I have publisher on one computer and adobe acrobat on another. Is there a Publisher viewer or some work around that anybody knows of. Thanks in advance... While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from Neal <Neal@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I am trying to find a solution to my delima. I have publisher on one > computer and adobe acrobat on another. Is there a Publisher viewer or > some work around that anybody knows of. Options: a) Output a PostScript file from Publisher and di...

anyone know of any excel irc help server's and rooms?
many thanks, Steve ...

Help with Exchange 5.5 Queue problem
Okay, first off, I inherited this Exchange server. It has been over 5 years since I last touched one of these. Client noticed that no e-mails were being sent out. I checked the IMC queues and they were packed full of email going to .tw, .fr, .de, etc. Disconnected the ethernet cable from the back of the box. Ran the much needed virus check and got rid of 225 Netsky and Beagle viruses. Reran a few times just to be on the safe side - server is clean (latest norton updates). And made sure that relaying was also turned off - just for fun. Cleaned out the queues (deleted the contents of the ...

Browsers, file associations, content-types: HELP!!
I'm trying to understand how a regular windows application can be started when the user clicks on a link to a particular filetype in a browser. Background (in case its important) I have a normal windows app which has registered its filetype (say ".xyz") so that double-clicking on a ".xyz" file in Windows Explorer opens the ".xyz" document in my application. This is done by a few registry keys: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/.xyz "MyPrivate.Doc" HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/MyPrivate.Doc/shell/open/command "<path to app>" (I've omit...

help help help
I just installed Micosoft Office XP Professional with no problem. However, whenever I try to perform any task such as opening contacts area, I receive a dialog box with Microsoft Outlook and a yellow exclamation point. Also, included in the dialog box are the words could not open the item, try again. Could you please tell me what the problem might be and how to fix it? Do you connect to an Exchange server or do you use a pst-file? When exactly does it happen, when you try to open the Contacts folder from the folder list? Was it a clean install or an upgrade? -- Robert Sparnaaij [...

rpc-https ISA 2004 help
I have an exchange 2003 sp1 running on server 2003 and it reside inside a perimeter network. It is a single server entity...it is it's own DC, CA, Exchange, DNS, GC. I have ISA 2004 running on server 2003 sitting in front of the perimeter and internal networks. I have port 25 allowed in to the Exchange server and an SSL tunnel allowed to the Exchange server. client: Outlook 2003 (XP-SP2) When I run outlook /rpcdiag from inside either the perimeter or internal it connects via HTTPS, but resolves the external FQDN for exchange to the internal FQDN. If I run OWA Externally I am fir...

Help in a query
Hello, If i use this query: ================================================= select S.fam_code FAM, S.fam_nom NOME, ( select sum(SB.vn_atelier)+sum(SB.vn_loja) from roa_stat01_det_f SB where SB.dt>='20100101' and SB.dt<='20100104' and SB.fam_code=S.fam_code )[VN PDV] from roa_stat01_det_f S where S.dt>='20100101' and S.dt<='20100104' group by S.fam_code, S.fam_nom order by 1 The result is the following: 01 LUBRUFICANTES 2805.6100 02 MANUTENCAO/REP. 2574.3900 03 ELECTRICIDADE 6298.5900 ==========================================...

formula help #14
I have a plethora of spreadsheets that I would like to alter by adding specific text to all cells immediately to the right of a cell with specific text. Example: For all cells that read University of Maine I would like to add a cell to its right that has the text "Black Bears Main Gym". How do I get excel to do this for me without me going through, finding all desired cells and adding the new info myself? Please help ASAP. Much appreciated! Edit/Replace HTH, Greg "CJer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:199d201c41cd1$9cf91a50$...

Please help #13
Hi, I have a talbe including two or more same name, I want to make it from: tom 10 Mike 10 tom 20 jerry 30 to: tom 30 Mike 10 jerry 30 Please help, Thank you! Sub TidyData() Dim iLastRow As Long Dim i As Long Dim j As Long Dim iRow Dim sFormula As String iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row j = 0 For i = 1 To iLastRow On Error Resume Next iRow = Application.Match(Cells(i, "A").Value, Columns(3), 0) If IsError(iRow) Then j = j + 1 Cells(j, "C").Value = Cells(i, "A").Value ...

Help With NDR #2
we have 1 mb limit on exchange.But we are not reciving ndr's when sending more more than 1 Mb mail. In tracking logs we can able to find the mail with ndr but with no sender for that mail. On Mon, 29 May 2006 09:47:02 -0700, shailesh <shailesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >we have 1 mb limit on exchange.But we are not reciving ndr's when sending >more more than 1 Mb mail. In tracking logs we can able to find the mail with >ndr but with no sender for that mail. Can I ask this another way? You're sending a message that you know to be oversized but you'r...

Need Help Converting over to Outlook From Express
OK, I have been using OE for about 2-3 years now for my Email and Newsgroup reader. This past Christmas, I got a Pocket PC that came with Outlook 2002. I plan to use t to be able to keep track of my appointments and such but I would also like to use it as my new email reader. I also would like to use it for newsgroups, if that's possible. Is there a way that I can transfer all my settings, emails and newsgroup information over to Outlook or am I forced to just start from scratch? Thanks JTMcD OL has no Newsreader capability. In OL News is accessed via the OE newsreader as it is from...

Need help moving Outlook folder
I'm using Outlook 2002. My primary email account uses IMAP and I added it to Outlook using <Tools> <Email Accounts ...> <Add a new email account>. I noticed that Outlook created a file for this account in the directory: C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Outlook This file obviously contains the email that has been downloaded from my email account, since the file size grows and shrinks as mail is added or deleted. However, I would like to move this file from its default location to another hard drive. The reason is that the other ha...

Help with a simple form #2
I need help with a very simple form. I have a glossary for my team defined in Excel. I want to set up a form that will let them key in the first few letters of either the acronym or the term itself and show all items in the worksheet that start with those letters. As you key more letters, it refines more. Kind of like the index function in Help. Secondly, I want to set up an input form that a user would fill out that would then save that information into a second spreadsheet (behind the look up one). Then an administrator would review those entries regularly and add the entries to...