Help on help!

Hello,

I am trying to set up a basic help file for an mdb using form based help
(ie. each form can hyperlink to the appropriate page in help).

I am assuming a simple html file appropriately bookmarked would suffice.

Any searching for 'help' doesn't seem to get any results other than actual
Access 'help'.

Are there any good links to do a bit of background on best practice for
setting up this sort of thing? I do have VB6 and vb.net available, though not
proficient in these. They cover creating help files a little better, but I
need to determine what is a logical and simple way to walk into this.

Thanks in advance for any 'help'.

swas

I like to use HTML files for help as you can render them
quickly with Application.FollowHyperlink

if you want to jump to a particular place in the document,
make the spot like this:

<a name="MySpot">This is My Spot</a>

and make an internal hyperlink like this:

or an external hyperlink to the spot like this:
http://www.sitename.com#MySpot

Warm Regards,
Crystal
remote programming and training
http://MSAccessGurus.com

free video tutorials
http://www.YouTube.com/user/LearnAccessByCrystal

Access Basics
http://www.AccessMVP.com/strive4peace
free 100-page book that covers essentials in Access

  *
    (: have an awesome day :)
  *

swas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to set up a basic help file for an mdb using form based help
> (ie. each form can hyperlink to the appropriate page in help).
>
> I am assuming a simple html file appropriately bookmarked would suffice.
>
> Any searching for 'help' doesn't seem to get any results other than actual
> Access 'help'.
>
> Are there any good links to do a bit of background on best practice for
> setting up this sort of thing? I do have VB6 and vb.net available, though not
> proficient in these. They cover creating help files a little better, but I
> need to determine what is a logical and simple way to walk into this.
>

> Thanks in advance for any 'help'.
>

> swas
0
Crystal
11/28/2009 11:48:39 PM
>>I am trying to set up a basic help file for an mdb using form based help
>(ie. each form can hyperlink to the appropriate page in help).

Hi Swas
I had a same problem and can not found any simple solution ,HTLM file and
other fancy code is too much work . I end up using two very simple approach .
If you want to provide custom help notes for your Form(s) then

make three Lables on your form
1)  AHBtn1
Width:0.4375 “
Height: 0.1875”
	Visinle:Yes
	Caption: HELP
	Border Style :Solid
	Back Style : Normal
	Back Color :16777215
	Fore Color: 16711680
Special Effect : Raised

2) HBtn2
Width: 0.7188"
Height: 0.3438”
	Visible:Yes
	Caption: . [just a dot]
	Border Style Transparent
Back Color:16777215
	Back Style : Transparent
	Fore Color: 12632256
	Special Effect : Flat

3) HTex
	Caption : Your Help Notes
	Hight : as you desire
	Width: as you desire
	Visible:No
	Border Style Transparent
Back Color:16777215
	Back Style : Normal
	Fore Color: 12632256
	Special Raised : Flat

Now  place AHBtn1 on top Of  HBtn2 then  select AhBtn1 and go to tool bar
Format bring front AHBtn1

Copy Past this code in your form

 Private Sub AHBtn1_MouseMove(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As
Single, Y As Single)
Me.HTex.Visible = True
Me.EditPtRecord.SetFocus
End Sub

Private Sub HBtn2_MouseMove(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single,
Y As Single)
Me.HTex.Visible = False
End Sub

That It , when user bring the mouse on HELP help note will visible and then
moves away from the
Help it will hide your custom note

Second approach is make a help switch like single form with titles and cmd
buttons for all the help topics . Cut and past all that custom note which you
made for the forms . Now each button can go to page 1,2,3 up to 15  depending
how long is your notes , on each page bottom Right cmd button
Caption Back code to goto page one
Hope this help
Regards,
H.Alam

Alam
11/29/2009 1:29:03 AM
Thanks Crystal. I will have a play.

Regards

swas
Thanks for the suggestion, but I need to be able to offer more detail than
labels can provide. I would like to include screen shots etc...

Regards

swas
you're welcome ;) happy to help

swas wrote:
> Thanks Crystal. I will have a play.
>
> Regards
>
> swas
0
Crystal
11/30/2009 11:31:39 PM
swas wrote:
> but I need to be able to offer more detail than
>labels can provide. I would like to include screen shots etc...

What I learned that some time you have think out side the box . Form
designing is a Art , need lots of patience and visualizing . Think that user
does not know any think about this form or data base .
I had same situation my DB has 48 form, with complex function and user only
know how to click and need instruction for each form to fill or use  , so I
made 3 options

                First each Form has HELP Label which look like a button when
user bring the mouse on it , my Help label visible .
By the way label can hold up to half a page of  MS Word document not just a
line or two , depending the size of your form and where you nicely place it .

I also use set focus event on HELP button so and selected field will be
deselect from behind the label Note as it is over several fields which will
shown behind the Help Note

               Second  my last option on my switch board is help , which open
main help form which has Several pages , using page break .
First page has 15 label which becomes bold when user bring mouse  on it and
upon click it take to that page . On that page I have hyperlink for all
related screen shot . I also use doCommand to close screen if main help form
is closed .

               Third I use custom menu bar for each form on that all custom
button which also open screen shot , main help form and other forms .

Hope this will give you an idea to start . It took me 2 week to finish my
help file . I recommend to start design on a paper , make easy name for each
help form and screen shorts. Use MS Word to make your main help notes and cut
and past into labels  .

Good Luck
H.Alam

Alam
12/1/2009 12:26:32 AM
swas wrote:
> but I need to be able to offer more detail than
>labels can provide. I would like to include screen shots etc...

What I learned that some time you have think out side the box . Form
designing is a Art , need lots of patience and visualizing . Think that user
does not know any think about this form or data base .
I had same situation my DB has 48 form, with complex function and user only
know how to click and need instruction for each form to fill or use  , so I
made 3 options

                First each Form has HELP Label which look like a button when
user bring the mouse on it , my Help label visible .
By the way label can hold up to half a page of  MS Word document not just a
line or two , depending the size of your form and where you nicely place it .

I also use set focus event on HELP button so and selected field will be
deselect from behind the label Note as it is over several fields which will
shown behind the Help Note

               Second  my last option on my switch board is help , which open
main help form which has Several pages , using page break .
First page has 15 label which becomes bold when user bring mouse  on it and
upon click it take to that page . On that page I have hyperlink for all
related screen shot . I also use doCommand to close screen if main help form
is closed .

               Third I use custom menu bar for each form on that all custom
button which also open screen shot , main help form and other forms .

Hope this will give you an idea to start . It took me 2 week to finish my
help file . I recommend to start design on a paper , make easy name for each
help form and screen shorts. Use MS Word to make your main help notes and cut
and past into labels  .

Good Luck
H.Alam

Alam
12/1/2009 12:26:42 AM
Hi Alam,

"Form designing is a Art"

well-said ;) ... and nice way to do Help when it is in the
application.  Your explanation clarifies the code well

Alam via AccessMonster.com wrote:
> swas wrote:
>> but I need to be able to offer more detail than
>> labels can provide. I would like to include screen shots etc...
>

> What I learned that some time you have think out side the box . Form
> designing is a Art , need lots of patience and visualizing . Think that user
> does not know any think about this form or data base .
> I had same situation my DB has 48 form, with complex function and user only
> know how to click and need instruction for each form to fill or use  , so I
> made 3 options
>
>                 First each Form has HELP Label which look like a button when
> user bring the mouse on it , my Help label visible .
> By the way label can hold up to half a page of  MS Word document not just a
> line or two , depending the size of your form and where you nicely place it .
>
> I also use set focus event on HELP button so and selected field will be
> deselect from behind the label Note as it is over several fields which will
> shown behind the Help Note
>
>                Second  my last option on my switch board is help , which open
> main help form which has Several pages , using page break .
> First page has 15 label which becomes bold when user bring mouse  on it and
> upon click it take to that page . On that page I have hyperlink for all
> related screen shot . I also use doCommand to close screen if main help form
> is closed .
>
>                Third I use custom menu bar for each form on that all custom
> button which also open screen shot , main help form and other forms .
>
> Hope this will give you an idea to start . It took me 2 week to finish my
> help file . I recommend to start design on a paper , make easy name for each
> help form and screen shorts. Use MS Word to make your main help notes and cut
> and past into labels  .
>
> Good Luck
> H.Alam

0
Crystal
12/1/2009 8:06:01 AM
Hi Alam,

I just tried something else based on your ideas ...

make an unbound object frame on the form with a Word Help
document as the SourceDoc -- then, when you show it, you can
size it* as well as make it visible

* that way, it can be tiny in the design view and when
needed, it can grow to accommodate what is in it.

the unbound object frame will not be visible -- and it will
be small.  When Help is invoked by the user, it can become
visible and grow to the needed size.

When Enabled is No and Locked is Yes, the user cannot select
anything, just look.  You can change how the user can interact.

next step -- get it to start the display at a bookmarked
location ...

Well, I would have never thought to try this without reading
your post -- thanks.  While I will still use HTML for some
Help systems, this method will be handy too -- thank you :)

Crystal (strive4peace) wrote:
> Hi Alam,
>
> "Form designing is a Art"
>
> well-said ;) ... and nice way to do Help when it is in the application.
> Your explanation clarifies the code well
>

> Warm Regards,
> Crystal
> remote programming and training
> http://MSAccessGurus.com
>
> free video tutorials
> http://www.YouTube.com/user/LearnAccessByCrystal
>
> Access Basics
> http://www.AccessMVP.com/strive4peace
> free 100-page book that covers essentials in Access
>
>  *
>    (: have an awesome day :)
>  *
>

> Alam via AccessMonster.com wrote:
>> swas wrote:
>>> but I need to be able to offer more detail than labels can provide. I
>>> would like to include screen shots etc...
>>

>> What I learned that some time you have think out side the box . Form
>> designing is a Art , need lots of patience and visualizing . Think
>> that user
>> does not know any think about this form or data base .
>> I had same situation my DB has 48 form, with complex function and user
>> only
>> know how to click and need instruction for each form to fill or use  ,
>> so I
>> made 3 options
>>                 First each Form has HELP Label which look like a
>> button when
>> user bring the mouse on it , my Help label visible .
>> By the way label can hold up to half a page of  MS Word document not
>> just a
>> line or two , depending the size of your form and where you nicely
>> place it .
>>
>> I also use set focus event on HELP button so and selected field will be
>> deselect from behind the label Note as it is over several fields which
>> will
>> shown behind the Help Note
>>                Second  my last option on my switch board is help ,
>> which open
>> main help form which has Several pages , using page break .
>> First page has 15 label which becomes bold when user bring mouse  on
>> it and
>> upon click it take to that page . On that page I have hyperlink for all
>> related screen shot . I also use doCommand to close screen if main
>> help form
>> is closed .
>>
>>                Third I use custom menu bar for each form on that all
>> custom
>> button which also open screen shot , main help form and other forms .
>> Hope this will give you an idea to start . It took me 2 week to finish my
>> help file . I recommend to start design on a paper , make easy name
>> for each
>> help form and screen shorts. Use MS Word to make your main help notes
>> and cut
>> and past into labels  .
>>
>> Good Luck H.Alam

0
Crystal
12/1/2009 8:30:28 AM
Thanks for the encouragement. It an honor that you like my approach.
Obviously your technique is  professional and mine is just an amateur attempt.

Now we can safely use word document with all word goodies instead of testing
the limits of Mr. Mighty Label.
That‘s very cool.

Could you elaborate this
>>* that way, it can be tiny in the design view and when
>>needed, it can grow to accommodate what is in it.

>>the unbound object frame will not be visible -- and it will
>>be small.  When Help is invoked by the user, it can become
>>visible and grow to the needed size.

>>next step -- get it to start the display at a bookmarked
>location ...

I tried your technique but was unable to achieve word doc Grow or shrink or
Drag.

Is there any way we can also use it as a preview window in the unbound frame?
Where, when you bring the curser on it, it will grow to a larger size and
when the mouse
Moves away from the Unbound Frame it turns back to the smaller size.

I am sure with the right code we  can accomplish this !

Thanks again for your response
Regards,
H. Alam

Alam
12/3/2009 1:56:33 AM
Hi Alam,

thank you <smile>

Make a small command button (cmd_ShowHelp) to show or hide
help.  In this example, the name of the control with the
Word Help doc is called --> OLE_Help

'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Private Sub cmd_ShowHelp_Click()
    ' « = chr(0171)
    If Me.cmd_ShowHelp.Caption = "«" Then
       'make Help small
       With Me.OLE_Help
          .Width = 0
          .Height = 0
       End With
       ' » = chr(0187)
       Me.cmd_ShowHelp.Caption = "?"
    Else
       'make Help big
       With Me.OLE_Help
          .Width = 5 * 1440
          .Height = 3.3 * 1440
       End With
       Me.cmd_ShowHelp.Caption = "«"
    End If
End Sub
'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

you can experiment with triggering the code to enlarge and
shrink the Help differently, of course ;)

screen measurements are in TWIPS (20ths of a point)
1" = 72 points
1 point = 20 twips
1" = 1440 twips

Warm Regards,
Crystal
remote programming and training
http://MSAccessGurus.com

free video tutorials
http://www.YouTube.com/user/LearnAccessByCrystal

Access Basics
http://www.AccessMVP.com/strive4peace
free 100-page book that covers essentials in Access

  *
    (: have an awesome day :)
  *

Alam via AccessMonster.com wrote:
> Thanks for the encouragement. It an honor that you like my approach.
> Obviously your technique is  professional and mine is just an amateur attempt.
>
> Now we can safely use word document with all word goodies instead of testing
> the limits of Mr. Mighty Label.
> That‘s very cool.
>
> Could you elaborate this
>>> * that way, it can be tiny in the design view and when
>>> needed, it can grow to accommodate what is in it.
>
>>> the unbound object frame will not be visible -- and it will
>>> be small.  When Help is invoked by the user, it can become
>>> visible and grow to the needed size.
>
>>> next step -- get it to start the display at a bookmarked
>> location ...
>
> I tried your technique but was unable to achieve word doc Grow or shrink or
> Drag.
>
> Is there any way we can also use it as a preview window in the unbound frame?
> Where, when you bring the curser on it, it will grow to a larger size and
> when the mouse
> Moves away from the Unbound Frame it turns back to the smaller size.
>
> I am sure with the right code we  can accomplish this !
>
> Thanks again for your response
> Regards,
> H. Alam

0
Crystal

Help with conditional formatting with 2000
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to group data together into increments of 10% of th numbers and then chart them based on these groups. For example, I hav 300 data points that vary from 20 to 500 in value. I want them t appear in a chart based on the number of values that fall in the lowes 10% of numbers (ie. 20-40) then the next 10% (ie. 40-60) etc. up to th top 10% of numbers, but I do not want to manually determine what thes ranges are. I want to see a distribution of how many numbers fal within each 10% of values. I am not sure if this makes sense, please let me know...

Help! Setfocus problem
i ave a dropdown field on the first tab. I use setfocus so that it selects a different field to stop users scrolling down and changing the selection on the load event. Problem When a user changes tab and come back to the origional tab the setfocus doesnt run as the form is already loaded. How do you get around this? This is driving me and users mad at minute...please help before i open another bottle of dark rum! Hi Brian, Check out following URL; how to fire onclick event on tab click. It may help you. http://crmrocks.net/?p=16 -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post wa...

Please Help!!
I am having problems restoring a backup money file from my cdrw disc. I recieve the error that it can't open possibly because it is a read only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected. I have never had this problem before. I have restored files from my cd backup 3 times before without a problem. Please help!!!! Restore the file to writable media - your hard drive. If you still can't open it, right-click on the file in its new location, choose Properties from the context menu, and remove the check from the 'read-only' box. -...

You wont believe this! SERVER DOWN
I was helping the operations/it director to get RPC over HTTP going on their exchange server for a company I use to be the sys admin for. The ops/it director was doing the add/remove programs portion to add rpc over http there, somehow in the process of doing this he managed to uninstall IIS -or- just NNTP and SMTP (I can't figure out which and he claims he did neither). Long story short, I've reinstalled NNTP and SMTP, reconfigured SMTP to the best recollection I have of the previous config and the server still refuses to send/receive email, even internally. All services are s...

!!HELP!!! Cannot connect to Exchange Server from a RDP, ICA session or server local machine
Please excuse the posting as I wasn't sure which group to post this in. I'm having issues using Outlook from a server desktop, an RDP or ICA connection. I have remote users who connect using Citrix. They logon to the Citrix server desktop (Windows 2003 Server) and use Outlook from there. They can also use Outlook from within Citrix as it is a Published Application. I know some of you are going to suggest why don't they use OWA but let's not get into that. I can log onto any workstation here in the office and connect to the Exchange server and open their Outlook. What I and they...

Internet connection problem
Hi. I hope someone is able to cast some light on a problem. We have a home network (all computers running XP) some wired and some wireless. For about a month now we have intermittent connection problems in that any one computer (randomly) will not connect to internet. I think all of the computers have suffered from the problem. Rebooting the affected computer makes no difference but rebooting the router can sort it until the next time. Even my mobile phone occasionally cannot connect. In Firefox the message is just "server not found". Pinging an IP address results in a time...

I need help restoring Public Folders
Hi I've been having issues getting Public Folder replication going between 2 Exchange 2003 servers. Prior to doing any work I performed a Backup using Veritas Backup Exec and this completed and verified correctly. I screwed things up and managed to delete some of the public folders on my original server. I'm not 100% sure what I did but it is a mess and the only backup I have is the Exchange backup I created before doing any work. The public folders contain a number of Contact Lists and a very important Event Calendar. I have restored the public folders but when the restore c...

Need help on a formula 05-20-10

Terminal Servers in Cluster - Login/Profile Issues
Hello Gurus, Currently I am having an issue with logins and profiles as per details below. Server/Network Configuration Details: 1 X Windows Server 2008 Std FE 64bit (DC) 2 X Windows Server 2008 Ent 32bit Terminal Servers User Profiles are Roaming and exist in: \\SBSERVER\Profiles on the Domain Controller and C:\Users\ on the Terminal Servers. Approx 50 users. Problem Description Error messages when logging in the terminal servers: Your roaming profile is not synchronized correctly with the server. Windows will load your previously-saved local profile instead. See the pre...

RMS 2.0 matrix dimensions are annoying, but help is available
For reasons I don't understand, MS saw fit in RMS 2.0 to use dimensions data for matrix components that is far less accessible to users than Sub Descriptions are. For instance, I can't edit assign a dimension value to an existing item I have added to a matrix. I can't see a reason for using Dimensions with limitations like this as using Sub Descs. to describe matrix "dimensions" worked fine previously. Does anyone know why MS did this? It's annoying! Digital Retail Solutions (DRS) has a product called Power Ops (Build 2.2.0003). It's help file mentions (se...

Help-- Having trouble opening Word & Entourage
I have to keep restarting my computer to be able to open Word or Entourage. The icons just bounce a little but won't open. I was getting a request from Entourage to rebuild the database which I did about 6 or 7 times. I got another warning which I ignored. I am on a MacBook Pro (Intel based). I am using office 2004. My Entourage database is 3.2 gb. I ran Disk Utilities a couple of times. I also had a problem a couple of times with FileMaker Pro but not sure if related. Thanks Christina On 22/8/06 20:01, in article 1156273266.788654.318170@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "...

Excel Formula Help
I am setting up a basic excel spreadsheet and really have got no experience with excel. I want to do something real basic like if A2=laptop display $10 or if A2=desktop display $20 how do I do this? I think that if the list of options is more than a just a few, a =vlookup() function would work nicely. It may seem a little complex to start, but once you use it, you'll find tons of more reasons to use it. Debra Dalgleish has some nice instructions at: http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html BadSector wrote: > > I am setting up a basic excel spreadsheet and really have got no...

Help with a code
I have these code and it works find: but i also want to use it for different culumn within the same sheet. how do i add Column D with different target? meaning "S" for Study and "B" for books and s on... and maybe adding a Msg box to it that will only allow the Letters specify.. thank you in advance.. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target = "" Then Exit Sub If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Not Intersect(Target, Range("c6:c50")) Is Nothing Then If UCase(Target) = "C" Then Target = "Contribution" El...

Need Help With GP Item Pricing
GP ITEM PRICING I need to use “Bucket Pricing” for items in GP. For example below is the pricing schedule that I need to use. First 20 …………….$ 1.75 Next 280 ……………… 1.36 Next 700 ……………… 1.23 Next 2,000 ……………… 1.09 Over 3,000 ……………… .82 So if I had a Qty. of 350 it would be as follows 20 * 1.75 = 35 280 * 1.36 = 380.80 50 * 1.23 = 61.50 Total : $477.30 In GP I can only set it up to do a “Quantity Range” in the Item Price List Maintenance window. Problem is if I set it up that way and enter a quantity of 350 it will default to the $1.23 ...

Help Please in Summing
Hello. Sorry to ask such a simple question, but I need help on how to get a total of some cells. Here's the sample. If cell A1 is 05 and is true A3 is 10 and is true A5 is 15 and is False A7 is 10 and is True A9 is 05 and is False How can I make A11 show me the result by just adding those numbers that are TRUE and give me the sum ? Would really like help, thank you. Hi Mike! I assume that you have TRUE or FALSE as boolean in an adjacent cell. If so: =SUMIF(B1:B9,"=TRUE",A1:A9) But the assumption may be wrong and you'll need to provide more information. -- Regard...

zip code help! #2
thanks for the help !!!!!!!! It worke -- cbender ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cbender3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1556 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27126 ...

Help! I've inherited a messed up plan :
I just came onto a project and got a 1700 line project plan from the previous 4 project managers. Q. Is it normal for tasks with unassigned ? empty resources to show that task in the Resource Usage window? And then on the Gantt View, when I add a resource under that column, it then shows up on the Task line as a Task! I've never seen this happen before. Any ideas?????? J > > Q. Is it normal for tasks with unassigned ? empty resources to show > that task in the Resource Usage window? > Sure - it shows up under the "Unassigned" label. &...

Help with my upgrade path.
We have to accomplish two things. 1. Moving the CRM server to a new machine 2. Upgrading our system to 1.2 What is the best order for this? Jake, I'm not sure it really matters which one you do first, as long as you test each step before moving on to the next. I would probably recommend installing the other server first though. That way, you will have the v1.0 server available if you run into problems with the upgrade. (Granted, it won't funciton if the DB was already upgraded, but will be there for reference). Matt "Jake Horn" <jhorn@order4chaos.com> wrote ...

Excel Help
I am an assistant accountant I would like to become an expert on excel programming. Is there anyone who can help me to achieve my dream, so that I can help others to be more efficient in excel programming and give my knowledge to others who really deserve in the performance of their duty. Thks -- Michel That's a tall order... and it depends somewhat on your existing programming experience with other programming languages. There are several books out in the marketplace covering various levels of programming from absolute beginner to outright professional, so one or more ...

plz help in to creat formula of excel
hello to all i want to discuss my problem with you related to MS excel. i want to know or find out formula of excel which can help me in such way.... i want to make grade point of my college students in such a way.. for example.... marks grade point average 50 1 53 1.3 60 2 68 2.8 70 3 76 3.6 80 4 84 4 89 4 90 4 98 4 100 4 this is example the student who get 50 marks the GPA will be 1 and who get 80 marks or above 80 the GPA should be 4 GPA should not less than 1 or grator than 4 please tell me the formula so that i can make this GPA thanks a lo -- khushe --------------------------...

Problem with Exchange HTTP virtual server..pls help
Hi, I created Exchange Virtual Server using ESM & the same is not getting reflected under IIS.. What could be the problem here? pls guide... At present, i have 2 Exchange Virtual Servers (http servers) under Protocols > HTTP section of ESM. However, when i open IIS i only see Default Website? Also, i am unable to start/stop newly created Virtual Server using ESM as these options are grayed out. Any help appreciated. I would re-write my query in more detail as follows : Hi, I have my scenario as follows : 1 Front end server 1 Back end server Front end server has 2 ip ad...

Help with Highlighting all duplicates in a row
I am trying to highlight duplicates in a row and am using the explanation: Highlighting Duplicate Entries Our first task is to highlight the cells in Range1 that are duplicates. We use Excel's Conditional Formatting tool to accomplish this. First, highlight the entire Range1. Then, select the Conditional Formatting tool from the Format menu: Format->Conditional Formatting. Change the "Cell Value Is" option to "Formula Is" and enter the following formula in the formula text box: =IF(COUNTIF(Range1, A5)>1,TRUE,FALSE) Where A5 is the first cell in Range1....

Help to call Help !!
Hi, I craeted a .CHM help file, and when I call it from VBA using Application.Help "C:\MyHelp.chm", 5002 The window title of my Help file is replaced by "Microsoft Excel Help" and in the index tab I have Excel Help. But in the Contents tab I still have my Topics. Any help is appreciated. Thank you Benamar ...

Formula Help Needed #2
I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can offer on this. Ok let me first give a little background info. I have a spreadsheet of my raw data (spreadsheet a) it has 4 categories, account#, client name, balance amount and a code (1-7). The code tells me what internal business category each account falls under. I have another spreadsheet (spreadsheet b) that takes the raw data of a. and puts it into a neat easy to read report. What I need is a formula that will look through the entirety of spreadsheet a and first, determine let’s say how many code 1’s there are ( I know this can be a...