Free Form Coding !!!!

how i can have a source such as free ebook or website that i can have the
beginner form coding to the advance....
i really love to learn Ms Access at Mastering Level but i can't find anybody
in my locality or free sources that can help
thanks

On 9 Jul, 11:28, Naveed Pathan
<NaveedPat...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> how i can have a source such as free ebook or website that i can have the
> beginner form coding to the advance....
> i really love to learn Ms Access at Mastering Level but i can't find anybody
> in my locality or free sources that can help
> thanks

It is good that you are so passionate about Access & VBA, I would
suggest you start with a WROX, or Microsoft book.

Good Luck,

Nick

PS It will not be free!

0
Nick
7/9/2007 11:44:03 AM
which one you have used yourself that u really thing is the best one
please write down the title + publication name must be appreciated

"Nick 'The Database Guy'" wrote:

> On 9 Jul, 11:28, Naveed Pathan
> <NaveedPat...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > how i can have a source such as free ebook or website that i can have the
> > beginner form coding to the advance....
> > i really love to learn Ms Access at Mastering Level but i can't find anybody
> > in my locality or free sources that can help
> > thanks
>
> It is good that you are so passionate about Access & VBA, I would
> suggest you start with a WROX, or Microsoft book.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Nick
>
> PS It will not be free!

On 9 Jul, 11:52, Naveed Pathan
<NaveedPat...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> which one you have used yourself that u really thing is the best one
> please write down the title + publication name must be appreciated
>
> "Nick 'The Database Guy'" wrote:
>

> > On 9 Jul, 11:28, Naveed Pathan
> > <NaveedPat...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > how i can have a source such as free ebook or website that i can have the
> > > beginner form coding to the advance....
> > > i really love to learn Ms Access at Mastering Level but i can't find anybody
> > > in my locality or free sources that can help
> > > thanks
>
> > It is good that you are so passionate about Access & VBA, I would
> > suggest you start with a WROX, or Microsoft book.
>
> > Good Luck,
>
> > Nick
>
> > PS It will not be free!- Hide quoted text -

I have read many Access VBA (or Access Basic as was included in
version 2) books in my time, most of which are now out of print as
they are no longer relevant.  I can recommend that you read the
current step by step book, ISBN 9780735623033, when you have finished
reading that it should co-inside nicely with the release of Expert
Access 2007 Programming by Rob Cooper, Michael Tucker,  ISBN:
978-0-470-17402-9, in November 2007 that is published by WROX.

Good Luck

0
Nick

Unknown Error 80070659 with code 659
Windows Server 2008 SP1 Terminal Services IE8 I have looked online for this code and I cannot seem to find anything. I have 7 updates installed sucessfully and 25 unsuccessfully. The unsuccessful ones all appear to be either office 2007 updates or dot net updates and XML updates. There is one pending IE8 update. Any thoughts? -- MTI Business Services 61390388803 ...

Font Color codes
Hi, It someboby know the colors code for required (red) and recomended (blue) field? Thanks, Sylvie Required (Red):#990000; Desired (Blue):#000099; More info: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/CrmSdk1_2/htm/v1d2stylesheet.asp?frame=true Hope this helps. []'s Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo "Si" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> escreveu na mensagem news:283eb01c46430$aa869110$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > It someboby know the colors code for required (red) and > recomended (blue) field? > > Thanks, > > Sylvie WOW, exactly what I ne...

Where can I get a free Inventory control spreadsheet
I am looking for a Inventory/Stock control excel template, but I don' want to pay for it!!!!!! Can anyone suggest a sit -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can search in Google, using keywords like Excel and Inventory. Or look at the templates on the Microsoft web site: http://office.microsoft.com/templates/default.aspx Pritch14 < wrote: > I am looking for a Inventory/Stock control excel template, but I don't > want to pay for it!!!!!! > > Can anyone suggest a site -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/...

Adding to existing code (Clarification of earlier post)
After rereading my earlier post, I find that I wasn't very clear. I'll try again. My existing code works to give me the sum of all Weeks Service where the Department Name is equal to the Current Department Name and I do want to keep that code. In addition to that code though, I need to add, I'm guessing, an "IF Statement" that will provide me with the sum of ALL Weeks Service of ALL Department Name IF the Current Department Name is equal to "Reserves". Example: Department Name Weeks Service Millwright ...

Forms in two differant views

Date and time onto a form
Hi, I am designing a form that my client would like the date and time automatically recorded in a field and stored so that when they refer back it shows when the record was done. The 'NOW' function only shows the current date & time and keeps updating. Is there a way of putting the 'NOW' value into a field, then locking it so it doesn't change when the record is reopened. Hope that makes sense! Kazlou The form stores data in a table. You need to add a date/time field to your table to record the date and time a record was last updated. 1. Open the table in desig...

Printing Issues when distributing a form to multiple users
I am distributing a spreadsheet to multiple users. The spreadsheet is being used as a form for data entry. The problem i am having is that when it is being printed, the users are getting varying page layouts where the page breaks have changed, due the changes to the length of the document growing from the free text they are entering. The page breaks that excel chooses don't seem to be spaced well, leading to one or two of the pages being very short (i.e., leaving a lot of free white space), whereas the other pages are taking up the entire page. Is there a particular page layout selection...

Where free 2 sigma statistical process control chart, free?
where can I download a free statistical process control chart template? ...

Button form control does not work
I have spent over 5 hours trying to get the button wizard to do a simple thing. Open a form and show data in that form that matches the name in the form where the button is but when i follow the wizard the button allways go to the first entary in the second form eg i have the form (form1) open on emma (record 3) and want to open a second form that also contains emma the wizard puts the following in to a macro form2, Form, , "[Full Name]=" & [Full Name], , Normal but when i test the button it open the second form with the first record which is not emma why d...

continous form question
Hi, I have a 'continous form' which gets its data from a table. Im using a form for ease of use by the operator and data is displayed in text boxes. My form has 6 columns and thousands of rows - so many records in the table. (its pretty much like an excel spreadsheet). However, on my form, i have a text box and i want the text box to change to eg VBred, if the time on the current record matches the time on the next record. (obvousley time is one of the pieces of data and displayed as hh:mm) As my form is a continous form, if i add my 'colour' text box to ...

access forms 12-05-07
how can the minimum value from eight numeric fields be found & displayed displayed on the form, following manual entry? Your only way is through a series of If statements to determine the minimum. Remember, too, that you may need to handle missing data. You can use the Nz function in that case, but you need to be able to assign a reasonable value for comparison purposes if the value is Null. Dim lngMinimum As Long lngMinimum = Nz(Me.Field1, 9999) If Nz(Me.Field2, 9999) < lngMinimum Then lngMinimum = Me.Field2 End If If Nz(Me.Field3, 9999) < lngMinimum Then lngM...

Free/Busy data setting in OWA
We implemented Exchange 2003 and pushed a client setting to all users to extend the number of months available in free/busy to 12 months with a group policy. It works fine if everyone is using the outlook client when they are in the office. But, if a user works at home one day or goes to a conference and does anything that updates the free/busy data, the OWA overwrites the users free/busy data setting it back to 2 months of free/busy available. Where can I set the free/busy data number of months available, in OWA? Is it a policy setting? On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:54:01 -0800, SKS <sks...

execute code in worksheet_change
Dear all, I need to execute some code in worksheet_change then I did it: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$B$3" Then Call return_accounting_code End If If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A7:A65536")) Is Nothing Then Call return_accounting_code_description End If End Sub But it doesn't work, I think here we have like a "circular reference", because first I need to return only the accounting code (When I change the cell B3 (that contains the profit center) excel returns from access all accounting code for the profit ce...

Item number/location code does not exist in inventory error
I'm using eConnect to do an SOP transaction and it has been working for months but with a new customer and a new site I'm getting an error. The error is: "Item number/location code does not exist in inventory". The same transactions are still working with other customers on other sites so it seems like it must be a set up issue in GP. The customer and site look like they're configured the same as the ones that work so I'm stumped. Does anyone know what the issue might be? Thanks, Matt Have you confirmed that the item number has been assigned to the new sit...

Set a value on a form
I use the following code to open a form DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria Is there any way to pass data to the form (through the constructor) or to set the value of a label on the form Thank you, Samuel You can use the OpenArgs argument to pass a value to the new form, and then use the new form's Load event to read the value and put it into a control on itself. First step -- pass the value: DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria, , "ValueToPass" Second step - read the value and use it; this code goes with the Load event of the stDocName form: ...

How to find the check form to use for GP 9.0
I don't want to use Deluxe as our check vendor. I want to use Harland. Microsoft MBS sales just gives us Deluxe's phone number, when we request help with obtaining the correct format for Harland checks. Harland has two check formats for GP payable checks. 1) Great Plains Accounting 7.0 - 9.0 2) Great Plains Dynamics Harland isn't sure and can't reference Deluxe. Thanks, John John, From what I can tell from Harland's website, you want the Laser Multi-Purpose checks they show under Microsoft Great Plains. That's the one with the check in the middle, stub on t...

Bill of Lading form
I am looking for a Bill of Lading form for Dynamics for shipments my company makes. Has anyone found a form that works with the system? I know that the German version of the program has one, beets me why the US version doesn't. A reasonably good BOL form can be created using Crystal or SRS. You will need to use some of the optional fields in Inventory to flag any items that may require special handling, if your firm has any such hazardous materials. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and che...

Problem with iif and datediff expression in form
Hi, I have a form where I have to display the value of the field based on some criteria. The first criteria is =IIf((DateDiff("d",[dbo_PWO_Status].[WorkOrderDate],Now())-180)>0,"Y","") and the second criteria to add is dbo_PWO_Status.[Quote] = -1 My first question is how do I accommodate the dbo_PWO_Status.[Quote] = -1 criteria in the iif statement? The second question I have is that with the first expression put in the source for display I am getting Name instead of the Y value for matching condition. I would appreciate any help. Thanks. You n...

Client side code to prevent duplications
Hi Is anyone able to post an example of client-side code to identify the creation of duplicate records in CRM. This can either be for contacts or accounts records and any example would be extremely helpful. Thanks a lot Mark, There is an duplicates example in the CRM SDK so you may wish to review that. Mitch Thanks Mitch "Mitch Milam" wrote: > Mark, > > There is an duplicates example in the CRM SDK so you may wish to review that. > > Mitch > ...

2007 View Code ThisWorkbook
In Excel 2003, we could easily right-click the Excel icon in the menu bar (next to File etc.) and select "View Code" to go straight to the "ThisWorkbook" object in the VBA Editor. Is there any similar shortcut available for this in Excel 2007 that I could perhaps add to my Quick Access Toolbar? Or perhaps a keystroke combination similar to Alt+F11 that would take you straight to ThisWorkbook? Thanks! -- Please remember to indicate when the post is answered so others can benefit from it later. Hi, right click in the tab name "KC" wrote: &...

e-mail the current worksheet using a form button
I want to create a submit button that when I click on it, the current worksheet/file will be e-mailed to someone. Instead of saving the file, then inserting into an e-mail. I have seen this before in a file before, but can't figure out exactly how it works. I happened to notice in the VB Editor I saw something like... CommandClick() Excel.Application.Send "myname@email.com" End Sub Or something similar to that. I don't know any VBA.. So if that's what I need to learn, then let me know. TIA Richard, check out Ron's site for a LOT of information on this http://...

Does Visio support code generation?
If I designed a database schema is there a way for Visio to generate the SQL for me? I see that it can reverse engineer a database, but can it also update one? Thanks, Michael you need the enterprise architect edition of visio to generate the database records. al "Michael" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c0901c3c3e6$f8daf760$a301280a@phx.gbl... > If I designed a database schema is there a way for Visio > to generate the SQL for me? > > I see that it can reverse engineer a database, but can it > also update one? > > Thanks,...

Deploying custom code in SFO
Hi Experts, We have developed a custom multiselect lookup in .net. This .net page is called from an iframe inside the entity form. This works fine on the server. However, when we deploy this code on SFO (we have copied the project folder and created a virtual directory on the SFO client machine), an alert message saying "access is denied" is popping up. Can someone please help with this???? CRM 3.0; SQL 2000; VS.NET 2003. Looking to upgrade to SQL 2005 and VS.NET 2005 Thanks!! ...

Create dynamic code by using Reflection
Hi! I have hard to see a situation when I would use the reflection feature to create the code dynamically ? Can somebody give me a hint when this situation would arise ? It's much much easier to create the code in the normal way. //Tony "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in message news:OZ4CzBO9KHA.4768@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I have hard to see a situation when I would use the reflection feature to > create the code dynamically ? > Can somebody give me a hint when this situation would arise ? > It's much much ea...

Use values from a form as criteria in a DSum
Hello All, I have a report in which the end user selects a single person or multiple people from a form and then I store their selection(s) in a temp table (ttmp_Prn_Isu). I have a report that uses this temp table as its datasource so that I can sort and group it properly. All the fields are populated via DSum function because the final report resembles a crosstab report that may contain rows with no data and yet the rows still need to be seen. My difficulty is in referencing the personID stored in the temp table ([ttmp_Prn_Isu].[IsuNm]) as criteria in my DSum function. I also have...