Format in an unbound Text Box

Hi all, I have a form that I have put an unbound text box in, which displays
the previous entries from my table.  One of my fields is Current Time.  Which
on my form I set to Short Date (military time).

How can I have my unbound text display Short time as well.  here is my code
(control source of my unbound text box).

SELECT DISTINCTROW tblSITLog.[current time], tblSITLog.MONTH, tblSITLog.DAY,
tblSITLog.SIT, tblSITLog.[NATURE OF iNCIDENT], tblSITLog.[Case Description],
tblSITLog.Incident_Number
FROM tblSITLog
WHERE (((tblSITLog.[NATURE OF iNCIDENT])="CHRONO ENTRY"))
ORDER BY tblSITLog.Incident_Number DESC;

Thanks in advance,
Steph

Scuda --- isn't what your looking for a format property of the box on your
form to "Short Time"?

SteveD

"Scuda" wrote:

> Hi all, I have a form that I have put an unbound text box in, which displays
> the previous entries from my table.  One of my fields is Current Time.  Which
> on my form I set to Short Date (military time).
>
> How can I have my unbound text display Short time as well.  here is my code
> (control source of my unbound text box).
>
> SELECT DISTINCTROW tblSITLog.[current time], tblSITLog.MONTH, tblSITLog.DAY,
> tblSITLog.SIT, tblSITLog.[NATURE OF iNCIDENT], tblSITLog.[Case Description],
> tblSITLog.Incident_Number
> FROM tblSITLog
> WHERE (((tblSITLog.[NATURE OF iNCIDENT])="CHRONO ENTRY"))
> ORDER BY tblSITLog.Incident_Number DESC;
>

> Thanks in advance,
> Steph

Date formats
Hi. A text box bound to a DateField has yyyy\.mm\.dd as Format. Data is displayed correctly but while entering it (apparently) reverts to the computer date format, messing everybody's mind. Is there a way to keep entering and showing date format to yyyy\.mm \.dd? Thanks Henry You need to use an input mask. They are described in Acccess Help system. -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and they eat for a lifetime". "H. Martins" wrote: > Hi. > > A text box bound to a DateField has yyyy\.mm\.d...

Date format 04-11-06

Migrating 2002 pst to 2007 pst format
I have recently upgraded from outlook 2002 to outlook 2007 to get around the 2GB limit size for pst files in 2002. I have created a new 2007 pst file and set it as the default but can't get the contents of my old 2002 pst to import into it. I keep getting a message that tells me the old 2002 pst file is still in use in my profile. I am fearful of removing it for fear of losing all the data in it. Can anyone give me clear instructions here? The wizard for this leaves me perplexed..... If you created a new pst, you will have both sets of Personal Folders open within Outlook T...

If text exists
Hi All, Not been around for a while so not even sure how to ask this... I have a spreadsheet consisting of 3 columns, column 1 is text, col 2 is a pseudo date, Like (aug 23) no year shown. colum 3 is a numeric value which can be either + or - shown as 12.35+ or as a negative 345.82- What I need to do is scan column 1 for a certain word, if it is there I need to copy column 3 into column 5 so that I can calculate the total values associated with the string. There is a possibility that there can be anything from 400 - 5000 rows in the sheet. I know it can be done, I just don't kno...

Visio 2003
Visio 4, 5, 2000 and 2002 could automagically create great drawings (flow-charts) from text-files. Visio 2003 professional does not recognize the text-files my VC6 application creates :-( I there an available another not so hard technique my application can use to let Visio create my simple drawings? ; ex2_visio_import.csv Template, "Audit Diagram.vst" Shape,"1","Terminator","Start",,,,,,, Shape,"2","I/O","Some kind of input",,,,,,, Shape,"3","Decision","Test the input",,,,,,, Shape,"4&q...

.dat format
Can anyone advise why a .xls spreadsheet, when sent as an attachment in an Outlook email, arrives at one destination in a .dat format (and they cannot open this) while it arrives at another location when sent exactly the same way as a .xls spreadsheet? This sometimes happens when sending a Word .doc as an attachment as well. Lewis Shanks Lewis Try sending in "Plain Text" format to all receivers. Some email clients do not handle RTF. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:02:07 -0700, "Lewis Shanks" <lewis@alexanderscollection.com> wrote: >Can an...

Specific Text Box
I have an BeforeUpdate HandleError msg that pops up when a box that is required has been left Blank, in the same code could I place a goto function for that text box that needs input. Use the SetFocus method -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "phuser" wrote: > I have an BeforeUpdate HandleError msg that pops up when a box that is > required has been left Blank, in the same code could I place a goto function > for that text box that needs input. > > > ...

Display text with Unicode format (ex: Chinese) on controls written by VC6.0
Hi all, We can write a project with Debug-Unicode mode and display text with Unicode format? Ex: Chinese or Japanese Idea? Thanks. >We can write a project with Debug-Unicode mode and display text with Unicode >format? Ex: Chinese or Japanese With VC6 you can build a debug (or release) Unicode project that when run on a proper Unicode platform (like XP) should be able to display Chinese or Japanese texts (providing the font you're using has the characters). Dave Tittle bar, menu, button can display text with Unicode format when i build a debug Unicode project? We can use fo...

show tab names as text in spreadsheet
I'm looking for a way to show a tab name, within the same workbook, in a cell as text. The tab name already exists as a reference in a formula in the worksheet where I want to see the name. For example, if one tab in the workbook is named "Sales", I'll have a formula already in the worksheet like: ='Sales'!S31. I need to show, on the same line as that formula, what tab in the workbook that amount comes from. Any ideas? Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0002.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Rick Schultz wrote: > I'm loo...

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)

Personal format of an excel spreadsheet as a template?
I need to use the format of an Excel spreadsheet that I have created as a template for other worksheets in a book and other books. How can I accomplish this, if possible? Create a new workbook with one sheet and format as you wish. File>Save As>File Type>Template(*.xlt) Name it SHEET(Excel will add the .xlt extension. Store this SHEET.XLT in your XLSTART folder. It will be the default worksheet for Insert>Worksheet. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:29:01 -0800, Nukinhawg <Nukinhawg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to use the format of an E...

Hyperlink
I've ceated a page in P2003 which containd graphics to which I've attached hyperlinks to go to specific locations within our company website. When hovering over the graphic the whole path is displayed. Is there a way of only displaying text that I want to display? Inside the Insert Hyperlink option, the "TExt to Display" option is greyed out! Thanks I have never been able to get the "text to display" option either. You can add alternative text to an image by selecting the image > format > picture > web tab. The alt text will be visible if the image ...

date formatting changes
I have a VB macro that changes all date formats to dd/mm/yy. This works fine. However, sometimes when I go back into my files at a later date, I find that the dates convert back to dd/mm/yyyy. Why does this happen when I have specifically set the format to dd/mm/yy? There are some custom date formats that don't belong to you. I'm betting that you happened to use the same format that excel uses to tell it to pick up the format from the windows regional settings (under control panel). xl2002 is more honest with the way it deals with dates. (I think it's new with xl2002, but ma...

converting line-delimited text into cells
I have a text file with approximately 1000 lines of data, each line is 100 chars or less. The first 15 lines are column headers (some columns are unused), then every 12 subsequent lines is one record. What is the easiest way to get each record to appear in Excel (2007) on a single line, one field per column? Thank you If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line 3. You send a clear explanation of what you want ...

Text On Forms Becomes Blurry/Bold
Hi everyone, I have an interesting problem that I can't find a solution to. Once a form has focus for a few seconds, some of the text becomes blurry and slightly bold. There is no code on the form that would cause this to happen. I was wondering if anyone has seen a bug like this before. This only happens on some computers that use the database. I am using Office 2003. See these images: http://www.kslab.com/normal.jpg http://www.kslab.com/blurry.jpg Thanks in advance, Joshua Joshua Did you check at the Search sites? I've never heard of this happening before. Well, actua...

Changing Text to Number Problem.
I have a problem when importing information into an Excel spreadsheet. We have a system at work that has a front end Web based application (asp) that accesses an SQL database. Not all of the software is written yet, so to sort/filter data I have to copy lists of information from the Web based application to an Excel spreadsheet. Much of the information that I import (copy and paste) into the spreadsheet are hyperlinks to other information in the SQL database. To get rid of the hyperlinks once I have the list copied to my spreadsheet, I (copy and paste special, values only) the information on...

3 format cell tabs hidden in excel dialog box
When I right click on the cell and go to format cells instead of seeing 6 tabs as usual I see three tabs and the other three are on a lower level and covered by the information in the dialog box. I can only see the very top edge of the tabs. Any ideas what could be causing this? If you're using Excel 97, and making copies of copies of worksheets, you may hit a limit, because of the way the sheets are being numbered in the background. If that's the case, try copying one of the first sheets, instead of the last one. pjbjamison wrote: > When I right click on the cell and g...

how do i get rid of the text box outline around my text?
I hope you're filling your text boxes with more text than you're filling your messages :o) And you just need to read the help files, read the manuals, and look for a button marked Line Color. Set it to No Line. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm > "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message > news:%23bdlu9isEHA.3460@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > I hope you're filling your text boxes with more text > than you'r...

How do I restore format cells menu?
I am working in Excel 2002, multi-page workbook. On some pages "format cell" is not operational - neither from the toolbar or by right-clicking mouse. Command is there but produces no result. On other pages in the same book all is well. There are no protected pages, and this is happening only in one particular workbook. Have tried reset to no avail. When copy and paste material to properly functioning page problem is carried as well. Any ideas would be muchly appreciated. ...

Formatting a category axis
is there a way to select a single item in the category axis and bold it You could make a text box with a bold label and position over the category item. -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Laurie" <Laurie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55A44D03-38BE-4EBB-83D2-219F8FDA3132@microsoft.com... > is there a way to select a single item in the category axis and bold it Can you rotate a text box? "Bernard Liengme" wrote: > You could make a text box with a bold label and position over the category > ite...

cell formatting problems
I installed Office 2000 onto my desktop before I reformatted the hard drive and everything worked fine. I reformatted and then got a laptop. For some reason certain functions are now refusing to work. Funtions such as: formatting individual cells and colouring individual cells (or lines). I can't change any of the cells properties...the window doesn't come up at all when I do Ctrl+1. Also, when I try to colourize some cells...nothing happens. Please, please help me. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled with no resolution to the problem. I've tried installing different fea...

Is there a particular picture file format type
That works best with Publisher, particularly if you intend to convert the Publisher file to a pdf? Any type that is more efficient file size wise? I'm doing a 4 page newspaper and it's in B&W so I convert the photos to grayscale. Thanks wjhanna wrote: > That works best with Publisher, particularly if you intend to convert the > Publisher file to a pdf? Any type that is more efficient file size wise? I'm > doing a 4 page newspaper and it's in B&W so I convert the photos to grayscale. As far as Publisher is concerned, avoid TIFF and you can't go far wr...

Linking a Message Box to a cell value
Okay, this is probably the worst way to do things, but I want to link cell value to a message box. I am basically going to use the messag box as a method of data validation. If the data value of the cel exceeds a certain data range, then the message box should pop up an alert the user that his input data is "out-of-range" I can't really use the data validation approach. I have a drop dow menu next to the input data cell to allow for different input units. This drop down menu is used along with conversion factors to a specifi unit that I want to use in my calculations. The ...

How do I wrap text in the subject column in the list of tasks
i seeing the list of taks in using the menu "Tasks" in outlook. However I am unable to wrap the text under the subject column that I miss the words. Even when printed in landscape the words are truncated. So how do i wrap the text in the view and print out, so that I can see all the text. You can't, you can either remove and/or resize some columns or select the entire list and paste it into Excel and modify it from there. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads,...

custom date format mmm/yy
Hi, is there any way in a Report to customize the date displayed in the report to be mmm/yy? Or even mmm/yyyy would be better for me than the options Access seems to offer in their reports. All I see there is Short Date, Medium Date, Long date - they all take up so much space in a densely packed report. Thanks, Harold You can use your own formats In a control's format property, enter mmm/yy or mmm/yyyy or mm/yy For a discusson of the formatting characters, put your cursor in the format property and press the F1 key for help. -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007 Cent...