--
Thanks
David G
Albury, Australia

DoCmd.Maximize
0
Stefan

Autofill In Linked Forms
I have created a couple of forms by selecting all the fileds in the form wizard from two tables: 1. Suppliers (Fields: Supplier, Address, Contact, etc.) 2. Products (Fields: Supplier <Lookedup from Supplier Table>, Product, Rate, etc.) Upon clicking the toggle button on Suppliers form I have the Products form opened. However, as I enter the data in it, I want the Supplier filed in the same be automatically be filled with the Supplier name as in the opened Supplier form so as to be filtered and displayed the next time I open the same instead of manually inserting the sa...

Can see form in design view but not in open or layout view
I have set up the tables, relationships and forms. When I first created the form I was able to view when clicking open. I made a couple of changes and now when I click on open a box pops up to enter perimeter value. Also, I can no longer see the form in opne or layout but if I click for design view, I can see my form and all the tabs. There is either something missing or somthing is named incorrectly. Had a similar problem recently where a new version was installed in the front end, but the table in the back end had not been updated properly (a new field) and the new version of the...

Name Range with using Data Form
I first created a variable with A1:D1, four columns with named variable Data. How to expand this Data range to A1:D2 after using the DataForm to add one row data in the worksheet?? The same, the Data range should be A1:D3 when adding one more data row... million thanks Hi use the following formula in the name definition dialog =OFFSET($A$1:$D$1,0,0,COUNTA($A:$A)) >-----Original Message----- >I first created a variable with A1:D1, four columns with named variable >Data. How to expand this Data range to A1:D2 after using the DataForm to add >one row data in the worksheet?? The...

Changing Paper Size
We print a monthly newsletter which includes a pullout insert. This month we want to turn this pullout into a foldable brochure. Before I send it off to the printer (who prints our newsletter to 11X17 glossy paper), I want to make sure the pullout, when folded, displays the information correctly (not upside down or out of sequence). We print to a photocopier that users 11X17 size paper. I cannot figure out a way to print two successive pages (8.5 X 11 each) to one sheet of 11X17 paper (ie., pages 2 and 4 to one sheet of paper). I tried doing this by changing the printer options to 11X17 b...

Depacco 09-30-08
Hello: I want to tell you about a great site I found. They pay me to read e-mail, visit web sites and much more. It's free to join and easy to sign up! CLICK THIS LINK TO VISIT: http://depacco.com/pages/index.php?refid=agamenon ...

Page setup / page / size??????
Hi, When you are in design view and you click on 'Page setup / page / size' are the options listed based on the printer you have installed or are they options that Access knows? If I select any of the options listed will they work on any printer? Thanks, Phil They are printer-specific. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Phillip" <Phillip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92C07A38-11FE-4620-97C...

Access 97 to 2000 conversion problems 08-08-03
I am trying to convert an Access 97 database to Access 2000 but with great difficulty. If I try to load it in Access 2000, the conversion is attempted but on the apparent completion the new database is not saved and the screen is blank. If I try creating a new database and importing everything then this works fine for the data, but no reports or forms are imported. I have tried all the latest patches to MS Office. Any suggestions would be very welcome. ...

Subtracting value from main form
I have a borrow module which will alow user to return item separately. So, I have get the structure of returning it separately. In my main form is the borrowing item, with the loaned quantity and the owed quantity (will be calculated). In the subform, there is the returning transaction. User will need to key in the quantity returned and it will be automatically deducted from the quantity owed. But how am I supposed to get the quantity deducted while it 1 is in main form and the other is in subform? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-fo...

Outlook/Access 2003
I've been doing a lot of research and purchased (but haven't completely read) Sue Mosher's book. However, before I spend much more time I'd like to find out if my idea is even feasible. The basic idea is to create an appointment system for multiple therapists that can be used by a receptionist and other staff. Using Outlook and Exchange is very nice but the appointment data needs to end up in an Access table immediately. We can purchase SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003 or we can buy a third party tool for calendar sharing whichever would be the easiest to use. I currently...

Keeping forms in order they are entered?
I am working with a database that was designed for us and have pretty much just used without having to change much in but have now run into a problem and hope someone can help. We track and number complaints we recieve by number using last digits of year recieved then next number, i.e. a complaint recived 12/31/09 might be 9234 and first one received this year would be 10001 and the next would be 10002. The problem is now when I open my forms and go to the last one it is the 9234 instead of the 10002 which I need. How do I keep that last form I entered last the next time I open the data...

Test 04-05-07
Test -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ ...

MsgBox 11-24-07
When a report is open I have a MsgBox which also opens, asking "would you like to print this document". If the operator Clicks on "no", then the MsgBox disappears, if they Click on "Yes" another MsgBox opens asking "how many copies would you like". is there a way to add field to this MsgBox into which the user can input a number of copies they would like, and then for it to produce the correct number. Cheers Steve You may want to try creating a pop-up form instead of a msgbox for this. In the macro or vba where you currenlty have your MsgBox, ...

increment through controls on form
I have a form that I've name the controls on it in such a way that I could determine through open args if it should be locked or not. Example any text box that begins with txtd would be unlocked with open args of 1. I was hoping there was a way I could just move through the controls in a loop and set that property with one function.....I'm not for sure how to accomplish this though. Does anyone have some sample code on how to "loop" through all the controls on a form and set the locked property? I can write the criteria portion if I could get a sample of how to ...

Attach Trigger to Save Function of Form
I am in the processes of trying to attach a trigger to the Save function of an already existing GP form using Dex. In one of the documents, it states that the CM_Checkbook_Maitenance has a SaveRecord function. I am trying to acces the function that is similar to this on the PM_Vendor_Maitenance form. I tried using SaveRecord and when I tried to compile it it says that it is an unknown reference. Is there some documentation with a list of the functions for each form? Mike, PM_Vendor_Maintenance is an older form and probably doesn't have a SaveRecord function. Try running t...

look way to map form at CRM frontend to tables at CRM database
How can I find out what tables which new record has been added on when I enter data through a form in CRM front end? I try to find way to map form in the CRM frontend to the tables at the CRM database at backend? It is CRM 3.0 Thank in advances for help! ...

5.5 actual database size
Which formula does exchange 5.5 standard use to decide if it's reached 16G 1. Database size = file size 2. Database size = file size - free space (shown by event 1221) I just need to know if I have to do an offline defrag or not as event 1221 is showing around 4G of free space (after a lot of archiving) but the file size is very close to 16G. Thanks in advance. Pete "=?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZUw=?=" <PeteL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:367267BB-1251-4F6A-9101-A6751320EB23@microsoft.com: > Which formula does exchange 5.5 standard use to decide if it's reached...

upload form problem / server question
www.icingpictures.co.uk / win xp / frontpage 2003 Want to create a form with upload file form field - i read on this forum that the server type i use is important - it should be a windows type server with frontpage extensions - i currently use a linux server with front page extensions - do i need to change to a windows server? Thanks for taking a looka t my question. Joyce Yes, you must have a Windows Server, just like you stated you read. -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 --------------------------- "threademporium" <threademporiu...

Tab control + having same size for all tabs
Hello All I am working on tab control in which I want to set the same size of all tabs of tab control. I am adding the tabs dynamically . When I saw the .NET style tab control ( Look tab control used in MSDN) , I felt that it is more elegant than the old looked MFC tab control. My ultimate goal is to have the same size for all tabs irrespective of text it has ( MFC's default behaviour shows the full text in tab ) If the text exceeds that width, then It will make it shortened by adding .... ( three dots ) (e.g. "The text of tab...Will Come here" ) , I know that I will have to wri...

Is batch ID is required in payables transaction entry form?
Is batch ID is required in payables transaction entry form? How about if I just have 1 invoice and do not want to create a batch for it? can I still process the invoice? Hi Bab, A batch i.d. number is not required. You have to post your invoice both in the Payables module and also in the Financial module. I check weekly for any "series batches" that have not been posted in my A/P, A/R, P/R, and Financial modules. If they go unposted it can create havoc. I hope this has been helpful to you. -- Diana "Bab" wrote: > Is batch ID is required in payables transa...

Crm 3.0 11-09-07
I have one server windows 2003 standard r2 sp2 With: _Crm 3.0 _Wsus 3.0 I first installed CRM 3.0 (databases point on another server) and after I installed Wsus 3.0 with standard installation (comprehensive SQL 2005 espress edition) Now when I go to http://nameserver:5555 all open correctly but not report folder. When I click report folder I have an error (there is an error please contact your system administrator). I try to go to http://nameserver/serverreports but there isn't a web page (IIS say impossible find page). Have Wsus delete iis report configuration? How I can restore t...

Form Sizing 08-06-07
-- Thanks David G Albury, Australia DoCmd.Maximize ...

Print individual forms
I have created a form with several subforms in it. The form contains the same information for a number of different individuals. I would like to print the form for each individual separately. When i try to print it, if prints out the information for all the individuals. How do i do this. I have attached a screen shot of the first page of the form. The problem is that forms are used for user interface, and have things like buttons, radio controls etc. that often hinders the ability to print a form. furthermore you'll often find that the form has background sheeting, and I can waste...

Dynamic Access Report from filtered Form
I need help. I have succuess fully applied the "how to create a dynamic crosstab report in access" from instructions off of microsofts web site to my own report and query. My problem is this. I have a form in datasheet view, based off a query. When the form is open I can hide / unhid columns as needed and apply filter by form. That all is great. But now I want to beable to send the filtered data on the datasheet form to the Dynamic Report I created showing only the filtered records and also only show the columns that I did not have hidden on my form. How do I do this? I have t...

Fixing coloumn title in datasheet forms
I have a form which has a subform. Is there anyway to fix the length of the column heading in the datasheet view? I can expand it when viewing but when I close the form and open it again it has shrunk back to its smaller size. Thanks Tony Are you referring to the column width? If so check out columnwidth properties in help. Damon "Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message news:%23RCxCN$4HHA.5844@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have a form which has a subform. Is there anyway to fix the length of the >column heading in the datasheet view? I can expand it when...

Reduce database size
My database is getting pretty large and slow. Is it possible to reduce/compress the size of the database or remove old data? Thanks. coupleofdogs wrote: > My database is getting pretty large and slow. Is it possible to > reduce/compress the size of the database or remove old data? You can shrink databases, rebuild index.. and delete old journal entries (digital copy of receipt) .. which is the size of your database ? cod The database is 911 Mb. It shows I have 16 Mb left. Thanks for any help. "coupleofdogs" wrote: > My database is getting pretty large and slow....